Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Eastcoast's Trip

[ea...]

Red lines are a distraction, plus I don't write anything anymore that's important on my computer.  I just do emails and write on this forum mostly and mistakes don't matter here.

But you also don't seem to make them! I was a horrible typer all my life, so even know I get red lines and don't know why. On my cell most self-correct (great!) but also self-correct to something really wrong (not so great.) The biggest distraction for me is when words ARE correct, and the red lines say they are not. Like "typer". It may not be the word of choice (typist), but I watch the red lines because most of them are for things that are really wrong.

Years ago my aunt said, "How can I find my errors when I'm such a bad speller, I can't find the right answer in the dictionary because I don't know how to FIND it." I'm not quite so bad, but I often Google words when I can't figure out why I missed something. And I miss a LOT! :)

[ab...]

I have lost track of time but its been over a month since I "almost quit" smoking. Only one cig a day is very good for this lady who has smoked since 1968. The Ecigs are helping. I only get cravings when I smeel someone elses cigarette smoke. Ugh, what an ugly and stupid habit. Benzos were terrible but smoking is somewhat worse, IMO.

I hate cigarettes, even the smell of them, so this is a habit I've never had to face. But if you are down to 1 a day, seems like you are close to being done with them. I see lots of people "vaping", so it must work.

Strangely, the hardest habit for me to have quit is probably caffeine, then I did it. Since it stopped my migraines, I've never gone near it again. But K was the biggest battle of my life, as you very well know, and to this moment I can't discuss what I went through except with other people here - and certainly not with my GP.

That last part is the damn shame. Even when you’re done and through, it’s like you’re still marginalized. Sad fact. Other kinds of withdrawal and sobriety are well-recognized and studied: not this. This breaks my heart, especially since for me this has been the hardest thing I’ve ever done. If but one person is helped/saved from this hell I guess that’s worth it.

[ab...]

Probably cuz I don't what I am doing, spell checker only works sometimes and is not always correct!

I forgot.......I tried to bump this up for a member in big distress, and couldn't. I do feel frustrated at times.

Okay day off. Errands, bought a really nice smelling loaf of fresh bread at Publix. Baked in house. It smells of onions and garlic and rosemary.  Plus its thin sliced which for someone who had a gastric bypass is a very good thing. Big pieces of bread just fill my small stomach TOO much!

I have lost track of time but its been over a month since I "almost quit" smoking. Only one cig a day is very good for this lady who has smoked since 1968. The Ecigs are helping. I only get cravings when I smeel someone elses cigarette smoke. Ugh, what an ugly and stupid habit. Benzos were terrible but smoking is somewhat worse, IMO.

Got my handicapped placket in the mail today. It reaslly does help IF I can find a handicap parking place!  Florida is full of people who qualify for this.

I am up to 118 lbs. My current goal is NO more than 125. I am a small person. 5'3". I have sort of big bones but not THAT big. Carrying excess weight would make my leg hurt more, so that is not how I want to go.

I have continued to reduce my pain pump med by 2% every time I get a refill. I think I am down 10% now. No excess pain, yet. I just need to find out if I really need pain meds now, but want to avoid opiate withdrawal on top of all my other troubles.

i cancelled my appointment with the heme doc. My PMD suggested this and I agree, since I will never agree to a bone marrow biopsy. The only treatment for what I think I have is baby aspirin and quitting smoking.

Oh Annie, keep us updated on your pain med taper! Congratulations on “almost” quitting! I get the struggle with cigarettes, though I never smoked them before i was 22. It was never a peer pressure thing for me.  A bone marrow biopsy sounds awful. Shudder.

Thanks, my friends. I so appreciate you.

My neighbors outdoor cat, Nabu, passed on last night. When I found out I started crying. Bucchi (her nickname) was a grand old 20 year old cat. A Siamese Seal Point and always lived outdoors. Amazing she survived so long. She only became my friend right after both Orrie and Peggy passed. It was like she knew I needed a Cat Friend. And she was my buddy for several years and now she is gone. The world feels empty without her.

I hope I get to the point where cigarette smoke revolts me. As of now all it does is make me what to smoke one. Such a stupid disgusting addiction. SO pointless because it does not help you at all. Benzos at least served some purpose, if only for a short time. The problem with benzos is when you take them more than a couple weeks.

LOL! Gaer, I make tons of typos now. Because of my big arthritic fingers. I just hit wrong keys. I make tons of corrections and some slip by me. Plus I am no longer good at spelling words...age related I guess.

Cleaned a town house today, one I know well. Got there and found the owner sick with  a cold. Seems my low rent cell phone had turned itself off so I didn't get her voicemail telling me she was ill. Great. I will probably have a cold next week, something I do NOT need right now. I decided to stay and clean her home because she lives 30 minutes Away from me and I really need the money. I have some zinc tablets and will probably start them in the am.

Bear is hanging pout near my feet, waiting for pets and loving. He killed another Palmetto bug this past week. Thank heavens for Bear, the Mighty Bug Killer. He gives me so much love, and makes me laugh a couple times a day. There is only one fault he has: biting. He is whats called a "mouthy cat." No one ever taught him not to bite. His first, brief home must have contained very stupid people. He bites and he does scratch, but the scratching I control with corrugated cardboard  toys. He only broke my skin once but hopefully never again. I just cannot seem to teach him the word "NO!"

Nabu: I loved you very much. I will miss you even more. You were one very special cat.

Annie and Mr Bear, who is a total lover boy

Thanks, my friends. I so appreciate you.

My neighbors outdoor cat, Nabu, passed on last night. When I found out I started crying. Bucchi (her nickname) was a grand old 20 year old cat. A Siamese Seal Point and always lived outdoors. Amazing she survived so long. She only became my friend right after both Orrie and Peggy passed. It was like she knew I needed a Cat Friend. And she was my buddy for several years and now she is gone. The world feels empty without her.

I hope I get to the point where cigarette smoke revolts me. As of now all it does is make me what to smoke one. Such a stupid disgusting addiction. SO pointless because it does not help you at all. Benzos at least served some purpose, if only for a short time. The problem with benzos is when you take them more than a couple weeks.

LOL! Gaer, I make tons of typos now. Because of my big arthritic fingers. I just hit wrong keys. I make tons of corrections and some slip by me. Plus I am no longer good at spelling words...age related I guess.

Cleaned a town house today, one I know well. Got there and found the owner sick with  a cold. Seems my low rent cell phone had turned itself off so I didn't get her voicemail telling me she was ill. Great. I will probably have a cold next week, something I do NOT need right now. I decided to stay and clean her home because she lives 30 minutes Away from me and I really need the money. I have some zinc tablets and will probably start them in the am.

Bear is hanging pout near my feet, waiting for pets and loving. He killed another Palmetto bug this past week. Thank heavens for Bear, the Mighty Bug Killer. He gives me so much love, and makes me laugh a couple times a day. There is only one fault he has: biting. He is whats called a "mouthy cat." No one ever taught him not to bite. His first, brief home must have contained very stupid people. He bites and he does scratch, but the scratching I control with corrugated cardboard  toys. He only broke my skin once but hopefully never again. I just cannot seem to teach him the word "NO!"

Nabu: I loved you very much. I will miss you even more. You were one very special cat.

Annie and Mr Bear, who is a total lover boy

My last cat was a Siamese seal point.  She lived to 19.  They must have really long lives.  I had her a third of my life.  It was like part oh me was missing  :(

So glad you have Bear, Annie.  I just had cataract surgery, both eyes are done now, just waiting on the last one to heal.  Hope things are going well for you, love ya, Mary 🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾😘😘😘😘😘

God DANG IT! I just wrote an entry here and that computer devil disappeared it. I get tired of this. I don't have the energy to repeat what I just said.

THIS is an example of why I dislike computers. I know...old fuddy duddy… but old fashioned letters were wonderful to receive.

I give up for tonight. It has been a longer than normal day, for reasons I wrote of in my  message that got disppeared.

Phooey on all of this. This old lady is gonna hit the bed soon.

Decent day off. I swept the sidewalk of oak leaves about 5 times. Vero Beach has lovely old oak trees but when those leaves fall, they make quite a mess. Of the three tenants in my building I am the only one who cares about this. Leaves, when wet, are slippery! At my age I do not need a slip and fall. So I keep it all swept and looking nice. And get no appreciation for it either! LOL! One of my neighbors is a gentleman about my age. He is not the brightest bulb in the pack. He has said several times he appreciates whoever it is that keep the sidewalks swept. He just does not get it that I do it. Privately, I say to him that "gremlins do it. Little tiny people sweep the sidewalk for him! LOL! The truth is this: due to Benzos I STILL am OPCD about cleaning some things and that is why I am such a good house cleaner now. Go figure that one, folks.

I got a PM from someone today that touched my inner heart, as she described Benzo Terror SO well. Reading her letter was deeply affecting. I remember so well my own overwhelming irrational terror of every single thing. This was, by far, my worst symptom and one that frightened me almost beyond words. And still - that symptom did go away. As they all do, with time. This person described it so well, so deeply affecting....truly a gift to read. If she reads this, she will know who I am talking about.

Saturday is my change the bed sheets day and clean the bedroom. I skipped dusting but got the rest done. Dusting sometimes seems so useless to me. No matter what you do, dust just comes back. If you know what causes dust, it can seem kind of disgusting. Skin cells, clothing fibers, and God knows what else goes into dust. Yucky stuff. I have short hair as I am growing it out top my natural color. In certain light conditions, if I run my fingers through my hair I can SEE the dust flying out of it! Weird but true. During withdrawal, this became one of my obsessions. I was using an expensive hairbrush with natural bristles. Over time, they captured a LOT of dust My hair was long then-). When I realized what all the white stuff embedded at the base of each bristle was, I spent hours digging it out of the hair brush with tweezers. It was a helluva lot of dust and I was (irrationally) horrified. I became convinced that my curly hair collected more of it than straight hair. LOL! Everyone's hair collects dust, because make our own dust. But you could not tell my Benzo Brain this. I truly thought I was a Dust Magnet!

Laughing out loud, friends. This stuff IS funny.

annie and Mr Bear

Edit: Content

My day got off to a dumb start. Because I don't watch TV, thanks to benzos, I didn't know the time changed today. Got a call from my customer, asking if I was coming. I said "yes but its only 9:20!" Thank heavens this woman is nice. She told me the time changed and I got into my car 8 minutes later and got there at 10:20. I did a bang up job, too. They have two cats and three humans who manage to spill a LOT of stuff in 2 weeks. My headlighted vacuums show me so much.

I got a call from a neighbor of a former customer up in Micco.  I goofed up. Agreed to clean their home and later learned they are snowbirds PLUS only want MONTHLY cleanings. Oh well, I goofed and they will be gone soon.

So many people on BB who are tapering are having a terrible time of it. I actually feel GLAD I went CT! I can see how tapering must be maddening. You hope that what you read is true, but like CT people, you just don't know til you are healed. I know this isn't BB policy but for some people going CT is the best way. For me it was. There was NO WAY I could  have held on during a long taper; I was not strong enough at that point. I truly am glad I was forced to go CT.

[ab...]

My day got off to a dumb start. Because I don't watch TV, thanks to benzos, I didn't know the time changed today. Got a call from my customer, asking if I was coming. I said "yes but its only 9:20!" Thank heavens this woman is nice. She told me the time changed and I got into my car 8 minutes later and got there at 10:20. I did a bang up job, too. They have two cats and three humans who manage to spill a LOT of stuff in 2 weeks. My headlighted vacuums show me so much.

I got a call from a neighbor of a former customer up in Micco.  I goofed up. Agreed to clean their home and later learned they are snowbirds PLUS only want MONTHLY cleanings. Oh well, I goofed and they will be gone soon.

So many people on BB who are tapering are having a terrible time of it. I actually feel GLAD I went CT! I can see how tapering must be maddening. You hope that what you read is true, but like CT people, you just don't know til you are healed. I know this isn't BB policy but for some people going CT is the best way. For me it was. There was NO WAY I could  have held on during a long taper; I was not strong enough at that point. I truly am glad I was forced to go CT.

I agree 100%: some people do best cold turkey. Also you’re entitled to your opinion, aren’t you? I know CT isn’t encouraged. I wanted off benzos before a doctor did it for me, for whatever reasons. I didn’t want to be dependent on benzos (or other drugs) and I damn sure didn’t want to be dependent on the whims of some MD!

I truly think some people who have been on benzos for anxiety especially, expect that at some point in healing that their anxiety will just POOF be gone. This is a dangerous expectation in my opinion since life will always have anxiety. Always. We just need to quit being so scared of anxiety. I’m working on this myself. To keep on going even though things are scary.

I hate DST. I really wish it was abolished.

I must be having a Senior Moment, but what is DST?

Today started off bad again. Bear barfed THREE times, neatly placed piles of cat food on one of my rugs. Okay, cleaned that up. Ate my breakfast and then, thanks to having a gastric bypass, I threw up! Drove 40 minutes to Micco, and cleaned a truly grubby mobile home. It has not been cleaned in about a year, believe it or not. There was so much dust everywhere. Weird and a bit horrifying. Owners are in their 80s and very nice people. I estimated four hours and it turned out to be 4.5 but the woman paid me $95, $10 above what I quoted her. So it did work out fine.

Got home, walkied to my kitchen and started to give Bear his wet treates. I suddenly realized I had stepped in yet MORE Kitty Barf. Bear is on a roll with this. Got that cleaned up and gave Mr Bear some loving time.

Tomorrow I clean a townhome that has one huge (obese) cate. I have cleaned it twice, but not in quite a while. I bet its pretty grubby by nos as both humans work.

But I also picked up another bi weekly customer. Daughter of two 93 year old parents hired me to clean their small home. I will meet with her Saturday. Unfortunately, it is not near me, its about 9 miles west of where I live. And a small home, so perhaps only a three hour job. But better than sitting at home feeling bored.

It has been, I think, 1.5 months since I quit smoking. Oh, well, I do allow myself one cigarette a day. Big deal. I am very proud of myself for doing this. Smoking has been my longest and most severe addiction.

My friend Laurie - opnce she gets over her cold virus, will vome help me figure out the damn Nook tablet, so I can once again listen to sleep hypnosis. Why they made the new Nooks so difficult was a huge error, IMO. But I am not a techie type in the slightest! LOL!

And I am up to 118 lbs. I have had to weed out pants that no longer fit, and this Friday (if I am not working0 will take a few more trash bags of discards to the Humane Society Thrift Shop. Last year I wore 2's and 4's. Now I wear a few large 4's. 6's and one size 8 pants. Weird. I wish clothes makers had standarized sizes. Chicos pisses me off big time, zas they have a "size 0" which is more like a normal 8! 0.5 is about an 8 to a 10. Who do they think they are kidding? If you are overweight,.believe me, you know it and wearing a Chicos jeans size 0.5 doesnt fool you at all.

I must be having a Senior Moment, but what is DST?

Today started off bad again. Bear barfed THREE times, neatly placed piles of cat food on one of my rugs. Okay, cleaned that up. Ate my breakfast and then, thanks to having a gastric bypass, I threw up! Drove 40 minutes to Micco, and cleaned a truly grubby mobile home. It has not been cleaned in about a year, believe it or not. There was so much dust everywhere. Weird and a bit horrifying. Owners are in their 80s and very nice people. I estimated four hours and it turned out to be 4.5 but the woman paid me $95, $10 above what I quoted her. So it did work out fine.

Got home, walkied to my kitchen and started to give Bear his wet treates. I suddenly realized I had stepped in yet MORE Kitty Barf. Bear is on a roll with this. Got that cleaned up and gave Mr Bear some loving time.

Tomorrow I clean a townhome that has one huge (obese) cate. I have cleaned it twice, but not in quite a while. I bet its pretty grubby by nos as both humans work.

But I also picked up another bi weekly customer. Daughter of two 93 year old parents hired me to clean their small home. I will meet with her Saturday. Unfortunately, it is not near me, its about 9 miles west of where I live. And a small home, so perhaps only a three hour job. But better than sitting at home feeling bored.

It has been, I think, 1.5 months since I quit smoking. Oh, well, I do allow myself one cigarette a day. Big deal. I am very proud of myself for doing this. Smoking has been my longest and most severe addiction.

My friend Laurie - opnce she gets over her cold virus, will vome help me figure out the damn Nook tablet, so I can once again listen to sleep hypnosis. Why they made the new Nooks so difficult was a huge error, IMO. But I am not a techie type in the slightest! LOL!

And I am up to 118 lbs. I have had to weed out pants that no longer fit, and this Friday (if I am not working0 will take a few more trash bags of discards to the Humane Society Thrift Shop. Last year I wore 2's and 4's. Now I wear a few large 4's. 6's and one size 8 pants. Weird. I wish clothes makers had standarized sizes. Chicos pisses me off big time, zas they have a "size 0" which is more like a normal 8! 0.5 is about an 8 to a 10. Who do they think they are kidding? If you are overweight,.believe me, you know it and wearing a Chicos jeans size 0.5 doesnt fool you at all.

;D. I so agree about the clothes sizing eastcoast, that should be a damn law.  Glad you are gaining some weight and picking up some business.  Wonder why Bear is throwing up so much?  Think he needs different food?  Love ya girlfriend, Mary.  🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾.          😘😘😘😘😘

Yes, I wondered that too. Bear seems just fine, so I am choosing not to worry about it...yet. Most cats throw up. Hair balls are the usual cause. If he keeps on doing this I will go buy hairball medicine. (Which is actually petroleum jelly in a fishy tasting pate you smear on their paws. UGH!

When I next buy Bear dry cat food I will get something only for indoor cats (lower calorie). And I need to look into harmless meds to add fiber to his diet. He poops and pees just fine, but one can never be too careful. I love this cat so much, and he is truly the perfect companion animal for me now. And he chose me, I did not chose him. He somehow knew I was HIS human. I find that amazing.

How are YOU doing? Anything new?

Yes, I wondered that too. Bear seems just fine, so I am choosing not to worry about it...yet. Most cats throw up. Hair balls are the usual cause. If he keeps on doing this I will go buy hairball medicine. (Which is actually petroleum jelly in a fishy tasting pate you smear on their paws. UGH!

When I next buy Bear dry cat food I will get something only for indoor cats (lower calorie). And I need to look into harmless meds to add fiber to his diet. He poops and pees just fine, but one can never be too careful. I love this cat so much, and he is truly the perfect companion animal for me  have to benow. And he chose me, I did not chose him.  He somehow knew I was HIS human. I find that amazing.

How are YOU doing? Anything new?

I am recovering from cataract surgery, both eyes done, now just doing the healing thing.  I held some each month and did so much better anxiety wise than I thought I would, grateful for that.  Seems like 5% a month maybe how I have to do this.  My sxs have been much better the 5 months I have been titrating that way.  I have done well enough, I may try to go to 6%.  Started treadmill yesterday, there are quite a few positions you aren't supposed to be in as your eyes heal, so I am afraid to do some of my exercises.  But all in all, with the cataract surgery behind me and feeling pretty good, I can't complain. 

I follow your threads to keep up with the eastcoast trip ;).  Love ya, 🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾. Mary

Hi Ladies,

Glad  you    visited me.

I had a decent day except for having to throw up (living with a gastric bypass is not always easy!) I only worked 3 hours, cleaning to downstairs of a townhouse. They have one very obese cat, and hired me to Kitty Sit Oscar. Watching that poor cat try to go up the stairs almost broke my heart. He has since  lost some weight but not enough. This makes me be more careful, as Bear could easily become fat too. He is a supremely good beggar.

My stray cat, Spook, hasn't shown up in a week. This may because I no longer smoke outside. I keep looking out the window for him, but I seem top miss him. I hope he is all right. Outdoor stray cats have such short, terrible lives, and this cat has the saddest, most lonely expression on his face, it always breaks my heart. So, so lonely.....

Went to Target after work to get the large container of Meyer's Clean Day basil all purpose cleaner. $8.99, which is a steal. You dilute the stuff in water This is my main cleaning fluid and it smells just lovely. My other best cleaning fluid is Lysols All Purpose. It smells sort of like baby powder, and cleans and disinfects truly well.

Still only smoking one cig a day. I did have to buy a new pack, but it will last me almost a month. The Ecigs do work but nor do they "taste" the same. But its a lot better than real smoking.

Still havent found the time to finbish my CEUs. Perhaps this weekend I will, and I am not working Friday,. or at least not that I know of. My long time customer Steve emailed me to ask if I could clean his mobile home anytime soon. He is renting it until he finds a house to buy. He had one lined up but the company is taking FAR too long to build it.He has 2 black cats, Lenny and Sheldon (LOL!) and I adore them both. Lenny sheds more than almost every cat I have known. Huge fluffs of black fur will be rolling around. Every time I go there, Lenny does something so charming.He gets up on one of the kitchen counters, and stands up and places both his front paws on my head. He sniffs my hair and sort of rubs my head. I call it being "Blessed" by Lenny. I consider it a huge honor. And it always makes me laugh. Sheldon is more standoff-ish but his his charming moments too.

Looking forward to this weekend. No reason, just feel klinda tired this evening.

Cleaned the psychiatrists condo today. Found the same mess I always do. This guy buys a lot of stuff, some of it useless (would he really use a "Spin Mop?" I doubt it!) He keeps telling me he will clean it all up but that just dpoesnt happen. I spend about 10 minutes moving all the crap on his bathroom vanity in order to clean it. Tubes and jars and bottles, several grubby sponged, cotton balls....a helluva lot of stuff. It does make me laugh but its also a PIA. His whole condo is like that. Today, the entire stove top was covered in bottles of condiments, oils, vinegars, etc. Perhaps 15 bottles of this stuff That is just one surface. The opposite counter is covered in items for his adorable little dog. Bags of this and bags of that. Several bags today had small holes and stuff was falling out through them. Every single surface in his condo is like this, except for the guest bathroom, which is refreshingly uncluttered. But I like this man. he is the only Psych doc I have met that has a clue about benzos.

Not working tomorrow and I am glad I am not. My lower back has been hurting lately. I plan to finish my CEUS, and call the Nsg Board and make sure I know how much to send them. I also need to call Tracphone and make sure my phone number will transfer. They have a better reputation and is actually cheaper than the service I use now.

Bear is kicking kitty litter right now; its plain to my nose he pooped. LOL! He always covers it, which is a good thing. But right this minute, this room smells pretty ripe. LOL!

Blue, your posts always make me laugh. You are using speaker phone and not making sense. I truly don't know what you are asking. Try again, friend, but NOT using speaker phone.

I clean the psych Docs condo every other week. He is Indian (from India) and a truly nice guy. He works as an Addictions Psychiatrist. But he, like everyone, has hang ups and issues and getting RID of excess stuff is one of his problems. He is the only shrink I have met who has an idea of who awful benzo WD can be. I like him very much but do have to smile every time I go into his condo and see the tons of open boxes, bags of stuff and have to MOVE all of this stuff in order to clean.

Guess what? Life goes on despite this sort of stuff. I am alive and well for 69. And endured a truly horrible withdrawal.

You can make it Blue. I promise you, you will heal. Just stay away from benzos, ADS and all other psych drugs and you will be just fine.

Annie

PS Your weird misspelled letters always make me laugh! You are a good guy trying to get through this.

Blue, LOL! You gotta stop talking into your phone and relying on spell check. It is not working. I haven't a clue what your question is. If you would take the time to write your question so I understand it I would be more than happy to answer you.

I don't know what it is about you that I like, but I do. And I want to be helpful but if I don't understand the question, I cannot.

Nice long weekend. I called the Fl Board of Nursing Friday and found out the real truth. I will owe them $300 plus need MORE CEUS to get my license restored. What a total PIA! And I am not sure I even want to work as an RN  again. I do plan to get reinstated, just in case.

Got a lot done this weekend, including cooking a huge batch of pasta that will feed me for a month. Living with a gastric bypass is not easy and for me, never will. be. My stomach never stretched as it should of. I would guess it is perhaps 2 ounces big now, and was supposed to be three ounces full.

Tomorrow its back to work as usual. I clean a lovely home here in town, two stories (ugh, but Mr of the house always carries my stuff up for me). White tile floors, which are a PIA  to clean but I know when I get done it will be spotless. They live 5 minutes away from where I live. Easy day as I know what to expect. Tuesday I clean a rented house, I know it well and know I will make it sparkle in my 4 hours. Wednesday I clean an old customers rental home. A mobile home, UGH! Hate them, just as he does. He has two black cats, and both are my friends. Both shed a helluva lot. Thursday I clean a friends house as I have every other week for 3 years. THREE cats, tons of kitty litter and kitty fur. Lol!

Still only smoking one cig a day. I am so proud of myself about this. A confirmed smoker like me - this is a huge miracle!

Florida is getting one more cool week and I am SO glad! Starting tomorrow, temps in the low 70's and then falling into the upper 50's for a day or two. LOVE those cool days.

[ab...]

Blue, LOL! You gotta stop talking into your phone and relying on spell check. It is not working. I haven't a clue what your question is. If you would take the time to write your question so I understand it I would be more than happy to answer you.

I don't know what it is about you that I like, but I do. And I want to be helpful but if I don't understand the question, I cannot.

Nice long weekend. I called the Fl Board of Nursing Friday and found out the real truth. I will owe them $300 plus need MORE CEUS to get my license restored. What a total PIA! And I am not sure I even want to work as an RN  again. I do plan to get reinstated, just in case.

Got a lot done this weekend, including cooking a huge batch of pasta that will feed me for a month. Living with a gastric bypass is not easy and for me, never will. be. My stomach never stretched as it should of. I would guess it is perhaps 2 ounces big now, and was supposed to be three ounces full.

Tomorrow its back to work as usual. I clean a lovely home here in town, two stories (ugh, but Mr of the house always carries my stuff up for me). White tile floors, which are a PIA  to clean but I know when I get done it will be spotless. They live 5 minutes away from where I live. Easy day as I know what to expect. Tuesday I clean a rented house, I know it well and know I will make it sparkle in my 4 hours. Wednesday I clean an old customers rental home. A mobile home, UGH! Hate them, just as he does. He has two black cats, and both are my friends. Both shed a helluva lot. Thursday I clean a friends house as I have every other week for 3 years. THREE cats, tons of kitty litter and kitty fur. Lol!

Still only smoking one cig a day. I am so proud of myself about this. A confirmed smoker like me - this is a huge miracle!

Florida is getting one more cool week and I am SO glad! Starting tomorrow, temps in the low 70's and then falling into the upper 50's for a day or two. LOVE those cool days.

Congratulations, Annie! The urge to smoke has hit me hard since we heard from our son. Holy crap I wanted a cigarette!! No no no! One will lead to two packs a day again if I go there. Lol I know me.

Yup. Me too. I still allow myself one ciggie a day. If I smell someone elses smoke I start craving. God almighty this is an awful addiction. Harder to beat that benzos in certain ways. The good things are that I can smell things better now. I can smell my flowers, the grass, other things, much better, Dove Soap makes me swoon! It smells so nice and clean.  I can now smell my tomato sauce which is full of basil and oregano from my garden.

Good grief, this has been such a long, strange trip.

Annie

You know that stupid psychiatrist manual that they have the DMS where they tell you you’re depressed you’re anxious I just wonder what he falls in the category of his apartment such a big mess do you get it now I don’t know what the manual is called but did a reference the DMS how to categorize you when you’re depressed

[ab...]

You know that stupid psychiatrist manual that they have the DMS where they tell you you’re depressed you’re anxious I just wonder what he falls in the category of his apartment such a big mess do you get it now I don’t know what the manual is called but did a reference the DMS how to categorize you when you’re depressed

Oh. DSM. Lol Hoarding “spectrum?”

LOL!!!! Yes, "hoarding spectrum." You guys hit the nail on the head. I find it funny but I truly like the man. The love he has for his little dog is astounding and touching.

Cleaning a big house today, one I know well. 3000 SF of WHITE tile floor. That would intimidate most house cleaners but not me. When I left it was once again sparkling clean. I deposited $175 today and that should allow me to get a money order for the daggone Florida Board of Nursing. The woman I spoke with the other day told me to put "ATTN: Nicole B"  on my application. I have a feeling she is going to expedite my application. Get it through quicker. I still do not know if I want to use it again. I am a bit anxious about this, because it has been what? 10 years since I practiced Nursing. Most of it would come back fairly quickly but I will need to update my knowledge of current drugs. Speaking of that.....I started turning on my TV every morning this past week. Why? Because I had missed knowing the time had changed back in Daylight Savings Time. I listen to the news but do not watch. Already I have noticed so many new drugs being pushed or promoted, and their list of side effects makes me want to throw up. All the while a voice is telling you of these horrible side effects but the pictures on the TV only show happy, smiling people. Give me a break. Hogwash!!!! Believe it or not I remember commercials for Valium, and some for Restoril and Ambien!!! Same deal. Pictures showed happy relaxed people while the voice-over talked about side effects. But they never mentioned the real truth about BWD. Nope, they did not, and the drug companies KNEW back then. This is one of many reasons I stopped watching TV. The utter violence, mayhem, murders, car crashes, deaths, animal abuse, hoarding, wife beaters.....it all got to be just to much for me. I no longer WANT to know this stuff happens. I know it does but I also do not wish to SEE it on a TV screen.