Eastcoast's Trip

[ea...]

Hi Sunny!

I started this weird journey in July, 2012. It took me about 3 years to feel human again. But you s.

I have been completely off benzos for 7.75 years now. I don't miss them at all.

Your symptoms sound very normal to me. Classically so.

I wish I could reach out and hug you now. I do know how desperate you are. God knows, I do know. There is something so incredibly awful about benzo wd...like it is some sort of death sentence.

But it isn't. We call those thoughts "benzo lies." Benzos lie to us and say we should reinstate. Benzo lies tell us we must have some dreadful, life threatening disease. It CANT be withdrawal.....but it sure is.

I too considered suicide. Quite a few times and the only reason I did not act on this was my cats. No lie. Plus I am chicken shit. LOL!

Getting through this ordeal was truly difficult for this little old lady. But I did get through it, and SO WILL YOU. You are stronger than you know right now. You will continue to struggle, learn struggle and learn. You will learn new ways of coping, just as I had to.

My heart goes out to you tonight. I know how lost you feel. I can tell you fifty times that you will heal from this, but for now, you wont believe me. Benzo Lies Again. You WILL heal.

Please keep writing to me. I so want to help you. I am a very real person, not some made up entity. My goal in life is now to help others in benzo wd. I feel that if I can help someone get through this, I will have done good, and helped someone get through this.

east (Annie)

• Like 1

From one FL girl to another ... congrats on your continued healing!

Your experience and words of wisdom are always comforting!

Take care.

-Believe

Thank you so much for posting your story!! Truly an inspiration! I'm approx 6.5 months into withdrawals from a CT of St Johns Wart for 8 years and approx 2 weeks of Clonozapam usage. I still struggle daily with all the classic symptoms (insomnia, anxiety, depression, confusion, memory loss) etc.... It is great to hear that healing will take place and helps me to stay positive!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Believe, I am in Vero Beach. Where are you??? And how are you doing?

Lilbig, how do you know what drug is causing your symptoms? I  have never heard St Johns Wart as having a withdrawal. What sorts of symptoms are you having?

Gosh, just when I think I know a lot I find out I DONT.

Both of you - welcome to my little part of the Benzo World.

It has been a truly remarkable journey.

Annie

This is weird. I tried to write an entry here last evening and there was no "reply." Tonight there is. So I am bumping this up for someone on BB.

Annie

Hi East.

I lived a little north of Tampa for 40 years. We’ve been in Vegas for 18 months.

I have had some really good days this week - thanks for asking!

February (month 14) was really rough. I would even venture to say the worst month yet.

Lots of rapid fire symptoms - new one and old ones popping up. BUT, I am really trying

to focus on how well I have felt over the last 4/5 days.

I have caught myself being a bit forgetful, scary little symptom. I have to believe that that, this too, will subside.

I have to remain hopeful that these “good days” are the beginning of the end. I hope, I Hope! ;)

Hoping you are well! Talk soon.

Take care.

-Believe

Hi Believe,

I would love to be able to move from Vero to about the part of FL you mentioned. Its a bit cooler there, and the more inland you are, the safer you are from Monster Hurricanes. With global warming, storms will only get bigger and worse. I just don't have enough money to move away from here.

You will get through this. I know its scary and weird as hell to have NO control over your symptoms. I thought I had gone plumb insane. I tried to believe what I read here on bb, but part of my mind just said "hell no, you are crazy." Wasn't until I slowly began to  heal that I knew BB was right.

Big hug to another soldier,

east

• 1 year later...
East, hope you are okay.  It's been awhile since you posted?  Am sure everyone is missing you  :smitten: :smitten:  How Is Bear?      :D