Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Eastcoast's Trip

[ea...]

I have curly hair too. When it is NOT humid (rare!) I stand over a boiling tea kettle and let the steam make it more curley! LOL!

I detest humidity. You always feel sticky and grubby. I went to the Southwest twice when I was young and loved it there. The dry heat felt so nice to me. I loved the canyons and vistas. Meadows of desert flowers. So lovely and back then, so unpopulated. My idea of heaven would be to live in an adobe house in NM. A fireplace with pinon logs burning and popping. That is a dream I wont ever live to see.

The oak tree pollen is HUGE right now. Both Bear and I have allergies, so even though its 70 degrees out, I have the AC on. I give Bear LLysine to help his allergies. Nothing makes mine better. Sniffle, snuffle, sniffle and tons of tissues.

I got three new customers and two of them cancelled for various reasons. I was charged over $70 for this crap. I use two websites to find cleaning jobs. Both charge fees for that privilege. I only make $20 an hour, and making me pay so much is awful. Took me an hour to track down their damn phone number .I will call them on Wednesday when I am not working. I did pick up ONE new customer but she only wants monthly cleanings, and I bet she is gonna be one of those people who fires me because I missed some teensy thing. VERY picky and even more OCD than me!!!! Four cats, which is why she fired me. I'll give it my best but have my doubts.

[1b...]

I have curly hair too. When it is NOT humid (rare!) I stand over a boiling tea kettle and let the steam make it more curley! LOL!

I detest humidity. You always feel sticky and grubby. I went to the Southwest twice when I was young and loved it there. The dry heat felt so nice to me. I loved the canyons and vistas. Meadows of desert flowers. So lovely and back then, so unpopulated. My idea of heaven would be to live in an adobe house in NM. A fireplace with pinon logs burning and popping. That is a dream I wont ever live to see.

The oak tree pollen is HUGE right now. Both Bear and I have allergies, so even though its 70 degrees out, I have the AC on. I give Bear LLysine to help his allergies. Nothing makes mine better. Sniffle, snuffle, sniffle and tons of tissues.

I got three new customers and two of them cancelled for various reasons. I was charged over $70 for this crap. I use two websites to find cleaning jobs. Both charge fees for that privilege. I only make $20 an hour, and making me pay so much is awful. Took me an hour to track down their damn phone number .I will call them on Wednesday when I am not working. I did pick up ONE new customer but she only wants monthly cleanings, and I bet she is gonna be one of those people who fires me because I missed some teensy thing. VERY picky and even more OCD than me!!!! Four cats, which is why she fired me. I'll give it my best but have my doubts.

So sorry about your customers. That sucks.  We were privileged that we could move back here (employment opportunities and all) after my husband retired from the Air Force in 2013.  I have always loved New Mexico, Colorado and California to some extent. I have good memories of going to see an Aunt in California when I was 5.  We drove and being from the Mississippi Delta, seeing mountains for the first time was striking. I somehow knew then ???? that I wanted to live in them mountains someday LOL  We got stationed here when we were in the UK in 2002.  I cried when we drove into Albuquerque. I felt as if my heart was home. I wish you could move here.  The weather is perfect, IMO.

[1b...]

In my next life I want to live in NM or Arizona or California.  I love dry heat.

Though the heat in the Phoenix area is OUCH. It's dry, but so is my oven when it's on the "broil" setting LOL I prefer northern AZ. But yeah, me too. Humidity levels me.

We so rely on computers but when they act stupid we are frustrated. I wrote out a long reply to both of your posts. And for some reason my laptop decided to delete them. Phooey on this stuff!!!

My dream home would be in the mountains. With a running stream near by. My dream home would be a log home with some of the inside walls logs and others now. A large round window. Maybe with stained glass in it. A fireplace and also a woodstove. The stream would be drinkable, I hope. I would have a well, since mountains don't come with city water! I grew up on well water and it was just fine. This would not be a large home. Maybe three bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. A comfortable but not fancy home for an aging woman. One story, of course.

Hair issues: Right now I dislike my hair intensely. I used to dye it dark red and five years ago that looked great on this fair skinned, green eyed woman. But I look older now. No way around that! I am letting it grow out to its natural color which should be light in front and darker in back. I currently have 1.5 inch white/gray roots and 1.5 inch light brown hairs. UGH! I feel ugly and sort of "half fixed." I am trying so hard to pay for my RN license and that (for me) means not getting my yucky hair cut. Not enough money. A decent hair cut here is $30. Blah. I am trying to live light and not spend money except for food and necessities for work and me and Bear. I think my hair will look nice once the silver truly shows. Hope so, cuz this is a lot of effort to go to for something that doesn't look good!

Cleaned the infamous mobile home in Micco today. Tons of spiders and ants....yuck! I vacuum them up along with the other weird stuff I find on their floors. He is a gardener so the floors are always covered in leaves, dirt, etc. The kitchen is always so grubby I want to wash my shoes when I leave! And the parrot in their master bathroom takes the cake. He screams at me, and throws his food out of the cage plus poops all over the damn place. They put him in the cage when I came but let him out at other times. Thus, the green poop on floors. After meeting this parrot, I would NEVER have a pet bird!!! Okay, I have whined and bitched and will also say that I LIKE these people very much. They are so appreciative of my work. I know I am truly helping them live healthier lives. That is a good thing. I canput up with many grubby things, but if I am not appreciated, its a waste of time.

Wish I felt like that! I think I dislike hot weather because I used to be very obese. Big people sweat more in hot weather. I sweated everywhere and grew to hate it. Well, now I am thin, thanks to surgery! and I STILL hate hot weather.

How are you doing these days, Becksblue? I always liked your name. Its sort of mysterious yet lovely.

I didnt work today. Not by choice. I overslept, didn't get up til almost 9:30! Got some chores done and did some errands. Found a pretty black shortie top and a black camisole to wear under it. I haunt thrift shops! Cannot afford retail.

Tomorrow I clean a Psychiatrists condo. He is sort of a hoarder, but not over the top. He just doesn't seem to care about the clutter all over his condo. His bathroom is a hoot. The entire counter is covered in bottles or jars or tubes of this or that. Lots of shaving tools and stuff like that. I have to MOVE all that stuff in order to clean. It is a royal PIA. But I truly like the man and his little white dog so I put up with this.

I have to finish the CEUS for my RN license and STILL haven't found the $250 I need to send in. But eventually I will. Once I set my mind to something, it gets done one way or another.

Got all my bills paid today. I HATE paying bills!!!! In the past I would break out into an anxious sweat paying my bills.I still do, on tight months.

Bear is on my desk waiting for me to pet him. His head is so soft. He has such long whiskers. He is just one adorable cat and I am so glad he chose Little Me!

Wish I felt like that! I think I dislike hot weather because I used to be very obese. Big people sweat more in hot weather. I sweated everywhere and grew to hate it. Well, now I am thin, thanks to surgery! and I STILL hate hot weather.

How are you doing these days, Becksblue? I always liked your name. Its sort of mysterious yet lovely.

I didnt work today. Not by choice. I overslept, didn't get up til almost 9:30! Got some chores done and did some errands. Found a pretty black shortie top and a black camisole to wear under it. I haunt thrift shops! Cannot afford retail.

Tomorrow I clean a Psychiatrists condo. He is sort of a hoarder, but not over the top. He just doesn't seem to care about the clutter all over his condo. His bathroom is a hoot. The entire counter is covered in bottles or jars or tubes of this or that. Lots of shaving tools and stuff like that. I have to MOVE all that stuff in order to clean. It is a royal PIA. But I truly like the man and his little white dog so I put up with this.

I have to finish the CEUS for my RN license and STILL haven't found the $250 I need to send in. But eventually I will. Once I set my mind to something, it gets done one way or another.

Got all my bills paid today. I HATE paying bills!!!! In the past I would break out into an anxious sweat paying my bills.I still do, on tight months.

Bear is on my desk waiting for me to pet him. His head is so soft. He has such long whiskers. He is just one adorable cat and I am so glad he chose Little Me!

Annie, you're gonna laugh. Every year, for taxes, I have to enter bills for each month into a program. But I always put it off and have 12 months to do. Not exactly sweating, but I'm not a happy camper - 6 to go, 6 more months to go!

[1b...]

Lol I love your posts, Annie. You & Gary & Pete are my favorite people here. I’ve hated heat and humidity as long as I can remember. Hated it when I was heavy and hated it when I was thin & all in between. It’s just easier to take with low humidity.

[1b...]

Annie, you're gonna laugh. Every year, for taxes, I have to enter bills for each month into a program. But I always put it off and have 12 months to do. Not exactly sweating, but I'm not a happy camper - 6 to go, 6 more months to go!

Speak of the Devil. Hi, Gary.

Hi NM!!!

Hope you both understand that all of my posts have to be approved before they appear here or anywhere. Seems to take a day or two for that to happen. So bear with me. You guys are my best support and I love you both plus so many others.

Life goes on despite the weird ups and downs here and elsewhere.

[25...]

Hi NM!!!

Hope you both understand that all of my posts have to be approved before they appear here or anywhere. Seems to take a day or two for that to happen. So bear with me. You guys are my best support and I love you both plus so many others.

Actually, the team approves the posts whenever someone is available to do it.

If you believe that a post has been held up, please bring it up at the Helpdesk.

Once again, I’ll have to ask you to stop bringing up your Post Moderation in the open forum. Thanks.

[1b...]

Hi NM!!!

Hi again, Annie!! You’re one of my heroes. 😊

Dude cop cars & other emergency vehicles in my quiet neighborhood. And I came outside for the peace. Jeez. There were 10....

Oh goodness. Hope it isn't something serious. When cop cars show up here, I have to wonder WTF is going on. This is usually  quiet neighborhood. When I first moved here, there were a lot of trashy people. Lots of drug dealers. I found many crack pipes outside. I truly thought I had moved to hell. But over time, things got cleaned up a lot.

It is thundering outside....gonna go see what is happening. I LOVE  a good thunderstorm!

Annie, I post all my complaining on my blog on the Faith Forum and try to not muck up other people's threads.  I'm not doing well at all.  I have very bad head pressure all the time still since I got off the pills and my anxiety is very severe.  Still no appetite or thirst for over six years now.  I feel like I'm going to die every single second of every day.  Fighting this nerve damage 24/7 for years now.  It sucks.

[1b...]

Oh goodness. Hope it isn't something serious. When cop cars show up here, I have to wonder WTF is going on. This is usually  quiet neighborhood. When I first moved here, there were a lot of trashy people. Lots of drug dealers. I found many crack pipes outside. I truly thought I had moved to hell. But over time, things got cleaned up a lot.

It is thundering outside....gonna go see what is happening. I LOVE  a good thunderstorm!

OHHH I can't wait for monsoon season. One of the things I missed most when we were in the UK was thunderstorms.  We get good light shows out here.  Oh yeah LOL I thought when I heard sirens, "Hm. Whose crack house blew up?"  I'm awful.

Have fun with your storm! I'm jealous! I have a friend who is friends with some legit storm chasers. They offered to take me sometime in OK.  I chickened out last year.

Not long after I posted, the helicopters started circling. And they weren't helicopters from Kirtland AFB either. I hope nobody is hurt badly, if at all, although why all the ambulances?

Monsoons??? Where the heck do you live???? Asia?

When I was young I was an amateur storm chaser. In Maryland, the state I grew up in. Rolling country, no mountains near us but a big sky and when it got real dark and sort of ominous I got in my car and followed the clouds. I am a bit scared of lightning, yes. But the thrill of sudden storms is truly lovely to experience.

"Whose crack house blew up" - OH! Too funny. More likely a meth lab than crack but who cares. When I was 18 I was briefly addicted to IV meth. Yes. I used a needle to use methedrine. How stupid can you be. That lasted several months and then yup, I got Hep B from shared needles. Came back home to Maryland to recover. It should be obvious I have addiction issues! LOL!

Speaking of which: I am SO proud of myself! I am only smoking one cigarette a day and have done that for almost a month. This is a HUGE accomplishment, perhaps even bigger than benzos. Yes, I miss smoking. The E cigs don't taste the same. But none the less, that is what I do now. I inhale nicotine instead of obnoxious smoke. NO tar. With my one cig a day I use a Tar Trap filter. Time will tell if doing all of this helps my H&H got down a bit.

Thought I would have the money for my RN license by tomorrow. But tomorrows person cancelled. Perhaps next week. I still don't know if I even want to USE my license. I just want it back...in case.

[1b...]

Monsoons??? Where the heck do you live???? Asia?

When I was young I was an amateur storm chaser. In Maryland, the state I grew up in. Rolling country, no mountains near us but a big sky and when it got real dark and sort of ominous I got in my car and followed the clouds. I am a bit scared of lightning, yes. But the thrill of sudden storms is truly lovely to experience.

"Whose crack house blew up" - OH! Too funny. More likely a meth lab than crack but who cares. When I was 18 I was briefly addicted to IV meth. Yes. I used a needle to use methedrine. How stupid can you be. That lasted several months and then yup, I got Hep B from shared needles. Came back home to Maryland to recover. It should be obvious I have addiction issues! LOL!

Speaking of which: I am SO proud of myself! I am only smoking one cigarette a day and have done that for almost a month. This is a HUGE accomplishment, perhaps even bigger than benzos. Yes, I miss smoking. The E cigs don't taste the same. But none the less, that is what I do now. I inhale nicotine instead of obnoxious smoke. NO tar. With my one cig a day I use a Tar Trap filter. Time will tell if doing all of this helps my H&H got down a bit.

Thought I would have the money for my RN license by tomorrow. But tomorrows person cancelled. Perhaps next week. I still don't know if I even want to USE my license. I just want it back...in case.

Lol! Well...we ALMOST got stationed in Japan about 20 years ago, but seriously I had to google why it’s called monsoon season in New Mexico. https://www.weather.gov/abq/prepawaremonsoonhome

Yeah, meth house... it’s really sad. Places where some people would never really think would be a “drug neighborhood”... got a meth operation going. “Good” neighborhoods, “bad” neighborhoods. You never know. Who would think this 50’s grandma was growing her own weed last year? We did indeed! As legally as you can get here. 😁 That was so stressful. We babied those plants and had excellent directions, but wow it was STRESSFUL. People say growing your own is zen? It wasn’t to me.  All the equipment & lights, fans, temps, humidity levels, alll of these variables.,. Maybe at another time.

Hey. An ecig as far as what I know is safer than damn cigarettes. I just personally had to quit all forms of nicotine. The entire process was addictive to me. I’m really happy for you, Annie. Did you say you’re seeing a doctor in May about polycythemia?

I hope you get your license worked out. I think if I were a nurse I’d work with the elderly privately. I briefly worked as a caregiver for elderly “patients” mostly with Alzheimer’s. It was rewarding, but the company was horribly run. Home Instead is the company. As horribly as they train people (who aren’t nurses) I’d never trust them with my family members.

Neat! I did not know the SW had a monsoon season. And I had forgotten you lived there. Are you up in the hills or the lowlands? My idea of heaven would be living in an adobe house in the hills, maybe not far from Albequerque (and I cannot spell that tonight!)

Yes, using an Ecig is safer. I did my research. NO tar, no smoke just nicotine.  Eventually I will have to quit that too. I cancelled my appt with the heme doc because my Primary Care doc suggested I might do that. He will check my H&H in a couple months. Not smoking might lower it and I am already taking ther baby aspirin. These weird conditions have no cure, no drug to make them better. Baby aspirin and possible blood lettings in the future. I would have to pay $45 to see the specialist and I would rather try to find the money for my RN license.

My customer for today cancelled. Her giant, older Lab dog has bad hip dysplasia and needed to see their vet. He is not moving well right now so she cancelled. Annoying, as I could have worked around him. She was also upset (mildly) because last time I was there when I moved one of her heavy as hell dining room chairs the leg broke off. Nothing I did caused this. I found out later that the leg had been faulty for years and was glued back together. If she had warned me about this I would have not tried to move the damn heavy chair. But she didn't. Hate when this stuff happens, but it does. You do  have to move stuff in order to clean. It is that simple.

Over the years I have had to relax a bit when cleaning. Things cannot always get done MY way. I have lost several customers being too rigid, and I try not to do that now. My OCD stuff about cleaning has lessened now.

[1b...]

Neat! I did not know the SW had a monsoon season. And I had forgotten you lived there. Are you up in the hills or the lowlands? My idea of heaven would be living in an adobe house in the hills, maybe not far from Albequerque (and I cannot spell that tonight!)

Yes, using an Ecig is safer. I did my research. NO tar, no smoke just nicotine.  Eventually I will have to quit that too. I cancelled my appt with the heme doc because my Primary Care doc suggested I might do that. He will check my H&H in a couple months. Not smoking might lower it and I am already taking ther baby aspirin. These weird conditions have no cure, no drug to make them better. Baby aspirin and possible blood lettings in the future. I would have to pay $45 to see the specialist and I would rather try to find the money for my RN license.

My customer for today cancelled. Her giant, older Lab dog has bad hip dysplasia and needed to see their vet. He is not moving well right now so she cancelled. Annoying, as I could have worked around him. She was also upset (mildly) because last time I was there when I moved one of her heavy as hell dining room chairs the leg broke off. Nothing I did caused this. I found out later that the leg had been faulty for years and was glued back together. If she had warned me about this I would have not tried to move the damn heavy chair. But she didn't. Hate when this stuff happens, but it does. You do  have to move stuff in order to clean. It is that simple.

Over the years I have had to relax a bit when cleaning. Things cannot always get done MY way. I have lost several customers being too rigid, and I try not to do that now. My OCD stuff about cleaning has lessened now.

We’re in Albuquerque! More northwest ABQ. Ohh I hope your blood tests are normal, Annie! Congratulations on only having one cig per day. I don’t think I could do that. I’m sure it would be all or nothing for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Has your part of NM grown a lot and changed a lot? In the 79's it was still so pretty. Yes, an inner city but not a big one. I envy you!!!! Moe than you can know.

Several members have written me recently about using supplement. One person is using Kratom, NOT a safe drug to use at any time. Someone else wrote me about CBD oil. I don't know much about that but I do feel that WD is bad enough so don't add something on TOP of it. Like most here, early on I felt desperate and tried several fairly safe supplements. Magnesium was one. Didn't help a bit so I gave up on it and decided the fewer drugs I took, the better. I still feel that way.

Kratom is NOT safe. It can cause dependancy. It has many side effects. There is NO proof it even works. It has some bad side effects, ones that sound much like benzo WD symptoms to me.

I had to write a letter today. I so seldom now actually WRITE now, I do stuff on the computer. Writing has become hard for me. Some of it is my arthritic hands. My left hand knuckles are deformed from osteoarthritis. I cannot even use a nail scissors now. Good grief, am I gonna have to see a podiatrist to cut my damn nails? Getting old stinks and it isn't for wimps. I can no longer write well because I use the internet to communicate. Good grief, whats next?

I got a lot done today. I mopped my kitchen, my bedroom (and changed my sheets) and the office. Kitty litter dust all over the floors. Life with a cat! LOL! Bear is a tidy cat, he even covers his poop. But kitty litter gets tracked all over the darn place. Two days ago I realized I had not cleaned his special bed (on top of a small dresser in my living room, looking out the front window). That is his special Cat TV spot, as he watched the birds, squirrels and lizards from there. I put his soft blankies in the dryer to remove Bear Hair. Holy cow! When I took them out there was half of a cat on the dryer lint catcher!!! Bear sheds more than is usual, he has a thick coat with a dense under-coat. Created a helluvas lot of Bear Hairs. LOL!

Monday its back to work. I clean a big two story home Monday.  With white tile floors that show everything. Getting up those stairs is hard for me. The husband usually helps me carry things upstairs. Wat a nice guy he is And cute for an older guy. Peg is a lucky woman.

I heard from another old customer. They had two cats when I cleaned for them. One was obese and he died this past year. hey have adopted another chubby cat but a new color - a black and white tuxedo cat. Cute as heck. I miss cleaning their condo. It was nothing fancy but spacious and I loved the cats. They had to cancel services for financial reasons.

[1b...]

Annie, we first moved to Albuquerque in 2002 when my husband was still active duty Air Force and it has grown so much since then. I do love New Mexico so much. I’m really thankful to be here. 😊 It is an incredibly beautiful, BEAUTIFUL state and we’re nicely located to be able to travel to many cool places in the Western USA. I love Colorado and we’re only about three hours to the Colorado state line. We go fairly often to Colorado. We planned to go this weekend but my hubby is still sick with a cold. ♥️

Like most here, early on I felt desperate and tried several fairly safe supplements. Magnesium was one. Didn't help a bit so I gave up on it and decided the fewer drugs I took, the better. I still feel that way.

Magnesium definitely keeps my BP a bit lower. I don't feel different though.

I can no longer write well because I use the internet to communicate. Good grief, whats next?

I stopped writing script after high school, switching to printing. But because of piano my fingers are lighting fast, and typing is about a zillion times faster and more convenient than writing by hand. I never write more than a short note by hand, just a couple words. I see no need for it.

I also write music, always with a notation program. This allows me to present music that has the same finished look as expensive music editions. I would not go back to writing music by hand for any reason.

Do you have a printer?

Nope. No printer. This non techie woman needs her money for living.

I am sad tonight. My neighbors outside cat, Nabu, is 20 years old and is failing rapidly. She has lost weight, moves slowly and looks ill. I told Laurie I would help her pay for putting her down. I will follow through on that because I dearly love Nabu. She is a Siamese cat and very dear to me. She became my friend after Oreo and Peggy died. Like she just knew I needed a friend. I plan to call my vet and the Community Vet tomorrow. And there goes my nursing license once again. I almost feel like giving up on that. Life is too expensive now.

Decent day off. Got a lot done. Mopped two floors, laundry, did my work rags (actually not rags...they are white washcloths!) Vacuum the whole place. I had found two neat pictures at thrift shops and one needed a much better frame. That turned out to be a huge task and carboard bits were strewn about my kitchen! Big mess. Plus I managed to rip a small hole in one print, but taped it back together. Looks okay but not perfect. Oh well.

Bear is just fine and dandy. What a wonderful cat he is, so loving and so bonded to me. If I go to the bathroom he follows me and expects to be petted. I just adore this big cat.

My typing speed is good now too, since I type alot on the computer at night.  My handwriting is horrible now.  I used to type alot anyway since I worked as a Data Entry person for many years when I was younger and had to have fast typing speed.  I don't know how people use smartphones when it's not a keyboard?  I don't even have one.  I guess they just use their thumbs to type?  I don't even know.  It's so much easier and faster to type on a regular keyboard.  I have a Toshiba Network with a regular keyboard which is why I can type so much.