6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Thanks Sky...sorry you are having a rough one but still you sound better....does that make sense?

I'm going to try Polysporin for Eczema ....it's new. I'll let you know if it helps.  Nothing else has yet.  Feel better; glad you have Mr Sky...he sounds like a good man.  :smitten:  We are lucky to have good; understanding partners. 

Drew:  White Coat Syndrome raises your blood pressure and most doctors take that in to account when you visit them......

GMIT; Peace; LovingMother; Coop; Nova.......et al................have a good day.

Thanks Whoot!!!!

Peace2...glad you had a good couple of days and got out!

Praying for everyone...you're in my daily prayers.

I have a head banging head cold...daggone it...I have head stuff already and now this! I have some Sudafed...however I'm afraid to take it. It's regular strength but I just don't know :-(

Drove to work today and was thinking...I am tired of picking up my son and we just go home every single night...sometimes we go to the store. I don't know what came over me...but I want to do something fun. Like last week we saw the sunset at the National Harbor. Maybe we will go back and he can look at the ferris wheel and there is a huge statue that comes out of the sand...pretty cool. A pic is below.

I guess healing is happening when you want to do more even though you feel like crap  :smitten:

http://nationalharbor.com/things-to-do-in-dc/the-awakening-sculpture/

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

LM, you are healing!  ;D

Remember when the thought of doing anything "extra" was almost debilitating? We are improving so much! We hit our rough patches and keep rolling!

:smitten:

LM, you are healing!  ;D

Remember when the thought of doing anything "extra" was almost debilitating? We are improving so much! We hit our rough patches and keep rolling!

Indeed...I remember when I was so sick with Lyme that I could not do anything physically...and now benzo w/d...so good signs! Yes!  :smitten:

Good Afternoon ...

Got slammed again late last evening ... no sleep ... and just feeling pretty lousy ... oh well, had a couple of pretty good days ...

It is what it is ...

Glad I am retired ... no more faking it ... when I am sick, I am sick ... when I am good, I am good ...

Brain is on hold today ... jigsaw puzzles and solitaire ... yummy  :crazy:

Hope you folks have a decent day ...

Good Afternoon ...

Got slammed again late last evening ... no sleep ... and just feeling pretty lousy ... oh well, had a couple of pretty good days ...

It is what it is ...

Glad I am retired ... no more faking it ... when I am sick, I am sick ... when I am good, I am good ...

Feel better Nova! I miss playing Solitaire...might have to find that on the internet.

Please buddies, do stay off the protracted boards, no good ever comes from it.

Today, my day is calm, the palps and vibrations are under check and that is great because I have many lessons . But I also deserve a break, however small !

Talk later, if I can  manage it.  :boxer:

Is the protracted boards that bad :-( I'm not one year off...I do read some of the titles and oy vey...it sounds a tad bit scary.

Hi Buddies,

Just checking in and wanting to let you know I'm thinking of you. I've got a long distance hug going out to Green today. :smitten: And Mrs. you're on my mind too. :hug:

Take good care today.

Off to work,

Peace2

Yo, got that hug!  Thank you.  And you sound wonderful  :smitten:  Good going, Mighty Girl!

Please buddies, do stay off the protracted boards, no good ever comes from it.

Today, my day is calm, the palps and vibrations are under check and that is great because I have many lessons . But I also deserve a break, however small !

Talk later, if I can  manage it.  :boxer:

Thank you, Sky.  And, yes, I did stray to the protracted boards, lol :idiot:.  I lost my faith in healing, lost my mind.  Temporarily.  This is a hard journey.  I'm so grateful to have this thread, you friends, on this road. 

Beulah, I'm off to vote also.  Not a clue, may be just pulling levers.

Thanks Sky...sorry you are having a rough one but still you sound better....does that make sense?

I'm going to try Polysporin for Eczema ....it's new. I'll let you know if it helps.  Nothing else has yet.  Feel better; glad you have Mr Sky...he sounds like a good man.  :smitten:  We are lucky to have good; understanding partners. 

Drew:  White Coat Syndrome raises your blood pressure and most doctors take that in to account when you visit them......

GMIT; Peace; LovingMother; Coop; Nova.......et al................have a good day.

Thanks Whoot!!!!

I have a head banging head cold...daggone it...I have head stuff already and now this! I have some Sudafed...however I'm afraid to take it. It's regular strength but I just don't know :-(

Drove to work today and was thinking...I am tired of picking up my son and we just go home every single night...sometimes we go to the store. I don't know what came over me...but I want to do something fun. Like last week we saw the sunset at the National Harbor. Maybe we will go back and he can look at the ferris wheel and there is a huge statue that comes out of the sand...pretty cool. A pic is below.

I guess healing is happening when you want to do more even though you feel like crap  :smitten:

LM, thanks for the thread.  There's a lot to see where you are.  I was actually looking at a good company, Aquila, they do Shakespeare, but like you've never seen it, amazing, and they're playing in Massachusetts, the town is only three hours from me, and I was thinking, I could do that by March, I should be able to. 

Thanks for reminding me of why I'm going through this, so I can recover, and be alive, and do things, live a life, like I really couldn't while I was sleepwalking and sick on benzos.

Good Afternoon ...

It is what it is ...

Nova, if your misery is in need of company, lol, here I am!  Bad patch.  Strayed over to protracted.  Not a good idea.  Much more positive and light here.  Feeling better already.

Remember Lostdog wrote that 12-18 months were the hardest for him?  Because he was so exhausted, he said.

We'll get there.  I have many jigsaws myself.  I didn't think I'd be doing them for distraction, but here goes.

Feel the best you can feel, my friend. :smitten:

P.S.  Have you taken any action on the groin?

Thanks Whoot!!!!

LM, thanks for the thread.  There's a lot to see where you are.  I was actually looking at a good company, Aquila, they do Shakespeare, but like you've never seen it, amazing, and they're playing in Massachusetts, the town is only three hours from me, and I was thinking, I could do that by March, I should be able to. 

Thanks for reminding me of why I'm going through this, so I can recover, and be alive, and do things, live a life, like I really couldn't while I was sleepwalking and sick on benzos.

Ahhh you're welcome! Yes...down here in the DC area so much to do! I gotta get well...we have a lot to see! Wow...Shakepheare like no one has ever seen it sounds way cool!  :smitten:

Green ... I cannot even spell "protracted" so I don't go there ...

Still do not have a date for the biopsy ... I do not mind a "lack of urgency" ...

Yep ... here we are ... good days ... yukky days ... we just keep hangin' out and hangin' on ... this all goes away eventually ...

Last year this time, just after jumping, I was feeling pretty good ... thought "hmmm ... maybe" ... well there wasn't any "maybe" ...

I do remember a time when any "chores" were impossible ... hell, a shower wasn't possible ... turning on a tap was "complicated" ... the stove was a foreign country ...

Well, we are back from that place ... now things are just "messy" from time to time, no longer impossible ... and my brain works fairly well on occasion ...

Keep truckin' folks ... we are getting there ...

Good morning buddies...I have been off the thread for a little bit and haven't caught up with the posts ...Yesterday was my 12 month mile marker...cant believe I made it. There were so many times that I didn't think I could possibly go one more hour let alone another month. There were a few times that I wanted to rescue dose or even reinstate. Except for a ' medical 3 day reinstatement and one rescue dose in month 4 I have not. ..Months 4-11 have all pretty much seemed like acute at one level of intensity or another......there have been some windows and sunbreaks along the way and a couple of " effortless mind days "...I truly would not have made it without the unfailing support of all of you on this thread. In many ways months 6-12 were my most difficult months.

.......The GOOD news.....The past week has been the best fading of s/x since the first few weeks of w/d. I really didn't have s/x in the first 6 or so weeks of w/d...month 4 was my real ticket to hell. .....In the last week I have experienced long periods of time without any s/x and hours of " the effortless mind "

....The morning can still be a little rocky with mild to moderate anxiety/ depression...that lifts whithin a few hours of getting up. Typically things continue lifting throughout the day. I feel like I am inhabiting my own mind and body again and feel connected to my experience.  I am not merely surviving and enduring,  I am beginning to enjoy being alive again...although that can fade in and out without warning ...but it almost always resolves hour to hour. D/ r d/p are infrequent and more likely to set in with stress. Health fears still challenge me but I think some of that is the left over trauma of a couple of scary trips to er with panic elevated b/p and palpitations. I handle fear and panic better now. MY HEAD PRESSURE IS BETTER. ...head pressure has been my worst s/x from month 6 on. I am taking 200 mg of magnesium once in the morning and once in the evening as well as 6 mg of atenolol for headaches as needed. I don't know if these have helped my head pressure or if they just coincide with healing that would have happened anyway. ...I am ok with taking both. ...

....Yesterday I had a whole day out with my daughter. Starting with upgrading my 5 year old ' smart' phone. ..Buying that phone was as stressful as buying my first house!  During that time I had some momentary head pressure,  boatiness and moderarate anxiety with d/r...it passed as soon as I got out of there and got a break from the perky,  smiley,  talk a mile a minute 20 something sales girl ...she was very nice but tsljec too fast,  moved too fast,  took my credit card too fast..lol...completely overwhelmed my "38 synapses" ..I then went to lunch with my daughter in one of those sports bars..tvs on every wall...all playing a different game.  Wow!...but I was fine..I even had 4 oz of red wine with my lunch...without any side effects...in short...for the first time from month 4-12 I had a normal day...bust like before benzos...

....hope it holds. I know more hard days are to come but my confidence and hope are very very loud today...and my Steven Tyler screaming s/x are less than a whisper...

....wanting exactly the same ....and better for evert one of you. I started this thread as a total ' non - believer ".  Today...I am convinced that EVERYONE heals..." and no one is getting left behind "...as my friend Green tells us...and she is right..

.....love to every one of you.....coop

Good morning buddies...I have been off the thread for a little bit and haven't caught up with the posts ...Yesterday was my 12 month mile marker...cant believe I made it. There were so many times that I didn't think I could possibly go one more hour let alone another month. There were a few times that I wanted to rescue dose or even reinstate. Except for a ' medical 3 day reinstatement and one rescue dose in month 4 I have not. ..Months 4-11 have all pretty much seemed like acute at one level of intensity or another......there have been some windows and sunbreaks along the way and a couple of " effortless mind days "...I truly would not have made it without the unfailing support of all of you on this thread. In many ways months 6-12 were my most difficult months.

.......The GOOD news.....The past week has been the best fading of s/x since the first few weeks of w/d. I really didn't have s/x in the first 6 or so weeks of w/d...month 4 was my real ticket to hell. .....In the last week I have experienced long periods of time without any s/x and hours of " the effortless mind "

....The morning can still be a little rocky with mild to moderate anxiety/ depression...that lifts whithin a few hours of getting up. Typically things continue lifting throughout the day. I feel like I am inhabiting my own mind and body again and feel connected to my experience.  I am not merely surviving and enduring,  I am beginning to enjoy being alive again...although that can fade in and out without warning ...but it almost always resolves hour to hour. D/ r d/p are infrequent and more likely to set in with stress. Health fears still challenge me but I think some of that is the left over trauma of a couple of scary trips to er with panic elevated b/p and palpitations. I handle fear and panic better now. MY HEAD PRESSURE IS BETTER. ...head pressure has been my worst s/x from month 6 on. I am taking 200 mg of magnesium once in the morning and once in the evening as well as 6 mg of atenolol for headaches as needed. I don't know if these have helped my head pressure or if they just coincide with healing that would have happened anyway. ...I am ok with taking both. ...

....Yesterday I had a whole day out with my daughter. Starting with upgrading my 5 year old ' smart' phone. ..Buying that phone was as stressful as buying my first house!  During that time I had some momentary head pressure,  boatiness and moderarate anxiety with d/r...it passed as soon as I got out of there and got a break from the perky,  smiley,  talk a mile a minute 20 something sales girl ...she was very nice but tsljec too fast,  moved too fast,  took my credit card too fast..lol...completely overwhelmed my "38 synapses" ..I then went to lunch with my daughter in one of those sports bars..tvs on every wall...all playing a different game.  Wow!...but I was fine..I even had 4 oz of red wine with my lunch...without any side effects...in short...for the first time from month 4-12 I had a normal day...bust like before benzos...

....hope it holds. I know more hard days are to come but my confidence and hope are very very loud today...and my Steven Tyler screaming s/x are less than a whisper...

....wanting exactly the same ....and better for evert one of you. I started this thread as a total ' non - believer ".  Today...I am convinced that EVERYONE heals..." and no one is getting left behind "...as my friend Green tells us...and she is right..

.....love to every one of you.....coop

This is awesome!!!! Wow...I pray it continues! You deserve happiness! As for that sales woman...lol...I'm going to upgrade my phone on the internet lol!

Coop, [glow=red,2,300]congrats[/glow] you are [move] one year off!! [/move]:yippee: :yippee:

:oXo: :oXo: :oXo: :oXo:

How far we have come, who would have thought it possible ? IMO the twelfth month is the hardest up to now !  :)

Way to got Coop !!

Oh well...my window is closing....I noticed some facial numbness last night around bed time.  I woke up with it and have a bit of ear ringing.  I also have which I never mention bad eye problems sometimes.  Sort of like they are strained, can't focus well, etc...they seem to come and go with frequency with the healing.  Very annoying.  Had a decent two days and my tummy seems to be getting better   

Sorry Drew! I always have the ringing (reason I was put on benzos), and I have the eye issue at times...I agree it's annoying!

It's like the old game show on TV...Let's MakeA Deal...you want door number 1, door number 2, or door number 3, you have to choose one, and you might not like the surprise!! Lol  :laugh:

Hope you feel better soon!

Oh well...my window is closing....I noticed some facial numbness last night around bed time.  I woke up with it and have a bit of ear ringing.  I also have which I never mention bad eye problems sometimes.  Sort of like they are strained, can't focus well, etc...they seem to come and go with frequency with the healing.  Very annoying.  Had a decent two days and my tummy seems to be getting better 

Drew I have the same eye problems plus my eyes are red :-( they also throb a little...not cool! Feel better. We will get through this.

Yeah Coop...congratualtions!!!!  You sound so good!! You have guided me and been so kind to me through my acute and now post and I love you for that my friend.  I pray everything just keeps getting better and better girl.  Your post made my day. :smitten:

Drew, I know what you are talking about. My eyes too are slightly out of focus and then get worse under stress or waves. THe facial numbness must be horrible. Hang in there.

Everybody, have a nice evening and hang in there.  :smitten:

Congrats Coop,

You give me hope as I am in month seven and really getting little to no relief.

How does everyone make it through this most brutal and misunderstood agony.

Thanks and when did you all start to see glimmers of hope.

Satch