Important Survey - Please Participate ×

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Hi all...just checking in. I'm still feeling way more good than bad. 

Lm-healing thoughts for you my jump buddy.

Peace-sounds like your doing the right things so it will pass.  Sorry you're bummed.

Hope everyone else is doing okay

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace...I think you're just going through the normal cycling that many of us do.  It is so hard when you're feeling depressed.  At least you are sleeping and hopefully doing things to distract.  Exercise is great. Just take this one day at a time and I can promise you there will be better days ahead.  You are a strong person as evidenced from your posts.

Oh and that question we all ask, " Is it the drugs."  Who the heck knows for certain but we do all drive ourselves crazy trying to figure this one out.  There comes a point this far out that I just try and tell myself that does it really matter.  It is what it is ...and there will be better days ahead. 

Mrs, This is meant as a Pm to you, but then I thought other buddies might get some benefit from my questions and your answers ! Or have suggestions.

I KNOW there are threads for this topic, but with my benzo brain this thread is just about all that I can handle.

So sorry for taking up space.

Today I started with the magnesium, I started with a 100 grams just like Healing suggested. How long should I keep at this dose before trying higher ?

I started on a my wavy day, I don't notice things getting better but not worse either. A buddy kind of scared me when I was taking it by saying I was doing the wrong thing, I should be taking something with potassium in it. This rattled me and I think the mini palps I got  soon after taking the pill, are connected to me being still very impressionable. PLus, I feel guilty because the magnesium was about 19 Euros, that is  more than 24 dollars,  and as I have very little money for now, that carries some weight, I am unreasonable about this still. I keep forgetting it is for my good, I am not on some holiday.

I can take the potassium later on, I won't go sick(er) by taking magnesium  without potassium for two days,right ?

I KNOW this is a trial and error process. But still.

I hope to look into vitamin c, I wll be asking you guys a lot of questions, bear with me.

Wish me luck !

Hi Sky,

I VERY much understand being impressionable by what I hear or read!! Blech. A lovely benefit of withdrawal, haha :P

I just want you to remember: I'm by no means an "expert", nor am I a medical professional. My answers are based on what I've found and read about, as well as my own personal experiences and opinions. Seeking out a doctor or another professional expert is probably advisable if you want professional advice :) Also feel free to research some of this on your own, if it interests ya! There is a lot of good info out there on it :) Okie dokes?

Regarding potassium and magnesium: I have not come across any readings regarding the necessity to supplement potassium alongside magnesium, personally. Is it important that your minerals stay in "balance" regarding one another? Of course. But your body does most of the work when it comes to regulating levels of minerals in "balance", so I personally do not worry about this -- if I have too much of something, my body will flush it out. The concern with having "too much" usually only comes into play if your body has problems with your "flushing" system (your kidneys, liver, etc), or if someone absolutely inundates themselves with it. This is why I mentioned before about checking in with your doctor first if you had any preexisting kidney issues & such. To "inundate" yourself with too much is fairly tricky to do -- the RDA is 320-400mg per day, and the body is very efficient in flushing out the excess, and you're only taking 100mg to start with....I'd say, you're fine lol :PIMO, up to 800mg is most likely very safe for most people. Past 800mg is probably still safe as well, but you'd then probably want to start supplementing with a few other minerals & nutrients, just to assist the "balance" a bit :) How do you know "when" to move up in dose? That, my friend, is entirely up to you. Some people move relatively quickly and move up in dose each day. Others move slower, moving up in dose weekly, for instance. I think for me, I moved it up each week. Meaning, I took 100mg per day for one week. Then, I took 200mg per day the next week. Etc. Its all based on your comfort zone and how you feel, you know? So, to each their own, and I just say: "start low and move slow" -- whatever that means to you! :)

OK, I need to jet for now! Later gaters.

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi coop....

I just wanted you to know that my s/x are still gone....my T is only with me about 2x a week......I hope you see this as I am not sure where to find you these days!

I hope everyone else on this thread gets some reassurance from my healing....I have followed this thread for many mos. and feel that even though I have not communicated with most of you I have read about your struggles...for many mos. you guys helped me get through those many long days and nights of suffering...

Thank you for your strength and honesty.....I rarely posted here but I always got encouragement and I felt validated.....you guys are leaving a great thread that will help so many silent readers....

You guys are amazing in your strength and stamina.....I may not have experienced all of the s/x some of you have ....but I do know that the s/x from the benzos do go away....

I am going to be watching for ALL of your SUCCESS stories... many blessings and hugs to all of you....m...:)

Mrs, This is meant as a Pm to you, but then I thought other buddies might get some benefit from my questions and your answers ! Or have suggestions.

I KNOW there are threads for this topic, but with my benzo brain this thread is just about all that I can handle.

So sorry for taking up space.

Today I started with the magnesium, I started with a 100 grams just like Healing suggested. How long should I keep at this dose before trying higher ?

I started on a my wavy day, I don't notice things getting better but not worse either. A buddy kind of scared me when I was taking it by saying I was doing the wrong thing, I should be taking something with potassium in it. This rattled me and I think the mini palps I got  soon after taking the pill, are connected to me being still very impressionable. PLus, I feel guilty because the magnesium was about 19 Euros, that is  more than 24 dollars,  and as I have very little money for now, that carries some weight, I am unreasonable about this still. I keep forgetting it is for my good, I am not on some holiday.

I can take the potassium later on, I won't go sick(er) by taking magnesium  without potassium for two days,right ?

I KNOW this is a trial and error process. But still.

I hope to look into vitamin c, I wll be asking you guys a lot of questions, bear with me.

Wish me luck !

Hi Sky,

I VERY much understand being impressionable by what I hear or read!! Blech. A lovely benefit of withdrawal, haha :P

I just want you to remember: I'm by no means an "expert", nor am I a medical professional. My answers are based on what I've found and read about, as well as my own personal experiences and opinions. Seeking out a doctor or another professional expert is probably advisable if you want professional advice :) Also feel free to research some of this on your own, if it interests ya! There is a lot of good info out there on it :) Okie dokes?

Regarding potassium and magnesium: I have not come across any readings regarding the necessity to supplement potassium alongside magnesium, personally. Is it important that your minerals stay in "balance" regarding one another? Of course. But your body does most of the work when it comes to regulating levels of minerals in "balance", so I personally do not worry about this -- if I have too much of something, my body will flush it out. The concern with having "too much" usually only comes into play if your body has problems with your "flushing" system (your kidneys, liver, etc), or if someone absolutely inundates themselves with it. This is why I mentioned before about checking in with your doctor first if you had any preexisting kidney issues & such. To "inundate" yourself with too much is fairly tricky to do -- the RDA is 320-400mg per day, and the body is very efficient in flushing out the excess, and you're only taking 100mg to start with....I'd say, you're fine lol :PIMO, up to 800mg is most likely very safe for most people. Past 800mg is probably still safe as well, but you'd then probably want to start supplementing with a few other minerals & nutrients, just to assist the "balance" a bit :) How do you know "when" to move up in dose? That, my friend, is entirely up to you. Some people move relatively quickly and move up in dose each day. Others move slower, moving up in dose weekly, for instance. I think for me, I moved it up each week. Meaning, I took 100mg per day for one week. Then, I took 200mg per day the next week. Etc. Its all based on your comfort zone and how you feel, you know? So, to each their own, and I just say: "start low and move slow" -- whatever that means to you! :)

OK, I need to jet for now! Later gaters.

Mrs. :smitten:

Mrs, don't worry we are just batting ideas around here.

Mr Sky does a lot of the  research but now, after 11 months on BB, I always double check with my buddies ! We are facing the same problems, how am I going to explain to  a non benzo wise professional what I am going through, all the issues involved ? Not to mention the fact that if I am in this fix, if I had such a bad ct, it is courtesy of the professionals.

Anyway, thanks  !  :)

How am I going to explain the " vibrations" ? How am I going to explain, " look here, doc, you will have to pretend I am 4 years old when you  explain this to me because the minute you start talking, I stop paying attention "  ?  ::)

YOu can't make this stuff up ! :socool:

Drew thanks for praying for me jumping buddy! As you know this symptom of disequilibrium is upsetting for me  :tickedoff:

I wish I could take this symptom lightly but I work daily, its effecting my job, my life. Praying I heal from this sxs soon.

Minnie you're such an inspiration to me!!!!!

I'd really like to 'see' you guys today. I'm having a lonley hard one and I don't know what to do with myself. I just keep hitting refresh and no one is here. Hello?

I'm so sad, Nova. I'm just so so sad. I went for a run this morning. And I've been up in bed crying since then. My husband comes to check on me and says- "it's not always this bad." And "if there's anything I can do, let me know." It's this bad NOW and that's the time I'm in. And I want him, I want someone to fix it. It feels so permanent, this cycle of changing symptoms.

How do I do this, Nova? Am I just kidding myself believing it's withdrawal, believing it's going to resolve?

Peace ... you are not kidding yourself ... this is going to resolve ... just that no one knows when ... and that is the hardest part for me ... always doubting ...

The only one who can "fix" this is already on the job ... that is you ... and you are doing it well ...

The doubt ... the frustration ... the doing this day in and day out is just damn hard ...

Can you step back for a bit and just let it be ... this "now" for you has more in it than just the "badness" you are feeling ...

I will stick around and chat for a while if you want ...

Thanks, Nova. I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. More pushing and faking. And sometimes I know it's the best thing for me and staying home for a day feels like a slippery slope.  I will breathe and try to find the goodness.

Peace ...

Finding that "ground" between the ceaseless and a little relief ... it always seems to be there for me ... and I have a damn hard time "seeing" it sometimes ... for me that is where letting the "ceaseless" be and going intentionally very "slow" ...

Peace ... is Tuesday a day off for you? ... if so maybe taking Monday off would give you a break ... and of course there is no guarantee things will be quiet ...

Just a thought ...

Hi Sky- no scheduled time off until November 27th. I could take a sick day, but I feel the more I sunk into it the harder it will be to pluck myself out.

Peace, good thinking maybe it is better to keep on going.

But you need to pamper yourself a little somehow.

Were you feeling this way yesterday too ? YOu went for a run, for me that is huge, I can barely move without my body crashing with symptoms ! And my not so svelte physique is the proof of it !  ;D

Yesterday was blue, for sure and today is worse.  Running has been important to my sense of self and recovery. But some days like today, it feels almost impossible. And I do it anyway.  Thanks for 'being' with me.

It is great that you are able to push yourself this way. It really is.

I have to go now. Mr Sky is getting ready to go to bed, and I am terrified of staying up by myself ! We willl be able to laugh about this one day, I guess. ;)

I am sorry I can't think of anything smart to say, I am always  at a loss for words these days ! It will get better, you are doing so well, you should see yourself.

WHen I feel bad, what comforts me, is readying my old entries on my log or my diary, to see how rreally bad I was and how much I have improved. Just noticing the differences in how I wrote then gives me the picture of my improvements, and that usually gives me some hope !

Hope tomorrow you wake up feeling so much better and wondering what the fuss was about ! :mybuddy:

NIght to you  all !

Peace ... you folks who "do it anyway" amaze me ... when I am in the "soup" there is no "do it anyway" for me ... I seem to just hunker down and wait it out ...

And that is me ... under heavy stress I just so of fade out for a while ... maybe that is a learned response ... who knows ...

Take Care ... I am going to log out in a few minutes unless you want to continue chatting ...

Hi all,

To my loving buddies.. I have not forgotten anyone here. I have been enjoying a good two week window. I think I am getting close to healing here. I feel more like "myself" than not. I pray that I am finally getting out of the benzo woods. I am writing so that other may see that yes healing does happen. I have not been perfect but I am back to be my old highly productive self and I am starting to feel like I want to keep working and dreaming again. My baseline is about 85% or higher. That is a 100% achievement for me. I am not without symptoms as I get a bit wavy here and there but overall much much better. I am staying away from the boards for a bit as I needed that space. Some will know what I am talking about and some will come to know what I am talking about. In either event I can say with 100% certainty that I am healing. Love to all! Please stay the course as healing is on your way. I felt hopless at times just weeks ago and now I feel like I am back on top. What makes me feel good is that I am productive again. My entrepreneurial self is returning and that is something I questions would ever come back. Well, it did! believe and achieve. Healing really does happen! :thumbsup:

Love,

Life

Super to hear life!  I'm right there with you. I'm on one week feeling damn good.  Getting so many things done.  No anxiety or fear.  All pains gone.  I'm not perfect but I'm at 80%.  I've never felt this good in as ong as I can remember.  I. Just going with it. My very smart psychologist said don't have any expectations of where you should be or how you should feel. It is what it is.  He said he's seen people turn a huge corner and never look back and others go back and forth in wave/window.  I'm just thankful for every day I get like this.  Truly feels reborn.  :smitten: