Important Survey - Please Participate ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Ah, Zman, I feel for you, I really do. Please just know that I’m following your posts and praying for you. I hope the pain dies down soon.

Thank you so very much. I hope it lessens soon as well. I have a feeling its only going to get worse as I taper down though… Im already in such bad shape that updosing, stabilizing, holding, nothing is working, so I just have to push through it. There’s always the possibility that It might be a extremely bumpy road, but at least I will know I am doing my best and doing everything I can instead of giving into despair.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Zman, what do you mean…..you might not make it? You will. You really will. Just one hour at a time, one minute at a time. I hear you when you say you are trying your best, I believe you. Your best is good enough.  Please reply and tell us how you are feeling. I’ll keep praying.

Zman I pray for you and everyone on BB everyday.  Hang in there we are all trying to hang on the end of this horrible journey will be amazing!!!

Hugs and prayers ❤

Zman I pray for you and everyone on BB everyday.  Hang in there we are all trying to hang on the end of this horrible journey will be amazing!!!

Hugs and prayers ❤

Thank you and God bless you

Hugs and prayers ❤

Thank you and God bless you

😇❤❤

Hello.

I am kind of new here but just wanted to say that I understand what you are going through.

I will be praying for you, that relief from all your pain and suffering may come quickly.

God bless you,

Once

Morning Zman. How’s it going today? Hoping for a better day for all of us, we really need it.

I’m still not doing well, but I’ve implemented a few things into my daily routine.

1. Try to get up and move at least one time a day, even if its just walking down my hallway and back

2. I’m lifting child-sized small 2.5 pound weights, 20 times with each arm daily

3. Take a (sitting) shower at least every other day

Today I have to have bloodwork done so that will involve walking to the car and a ton of stimuli like getting poked, riding in a car (not driving of course) and being around nurses. Where I feel like I’m in acute 24/7, I’m sure all this today will completely drain me to the point of being semi-catatonic, but at this point I am so bad off that I have nothing to lose by trying my best. I’m counting walking to the car and riding to get bloodwork done as my “walk” for the day

I really wish that “stabilizing” meant what a lot of people think it does… For me it’s just differing levels of agony and suffering.

That being said, the show must go on…

I cant help but think of the Stephen King movie/book “Thinner”

when I see myself…

One GOOD thing is that I haven't had diarrhea in a few days (like 5) and I’ve had one solid BM.(2days ago) It makes me wonder where all the food I’ve been eating is going? Is it stuck?

Sleep is still strange… drifted off at 8pm, woke up to my wife giving me my 9pm V dose, slept until 4:20am then hit with the typical feelings of dread and realization of my physical and mental situation. Stayed up, did my “weightlifting” (these weights are so tiny its funny to call it that) ate breakfast, and now leaving to have bloodwork done. I suspect I will come straight home and lay in bed watching movies (which make me feel weird too, but I try cause that’s all I can physically do sometimes, especially after even the smallest exertion at all.

God bless you for checking up on me. I’m not in the greatest spirits today, due to pain and fatigue, but it always helps to see that someone cares.

Z

Morning Zman. How’s it going today? Hoping for a better day for all of us, we really need it.

Oh, I forgot, while laying in bed yesterday, I also drew a picture, a self-portrait of sorts

Here is a link to it:

https://ibb.co/6bqCCQm

I read art was good to distract your mind so I’m trying. By the way, I can usually draw much better than this and do paintings, ect… Just not in any condition to paint anything and don’t have the coordination nor the stamina.

God bless

Wow, Zman, this is a different person!

Walking

Weightlifting

Showering

Going out

Tummy better

Eating

Drawing priceless artwork! ( I can see your potential)

To be honest, that’s about all I do in a day. I do go outside for a walk and I am able to drive but mostly in bed or settee. It will slowly change for us, not tomorrow or next week but soon, our bodies will heal. I do watercolours but haven’t picked up a brush since the start of my taper. You have encouraged me to get some small weights and do the lifting. Also, I might get my paints out.

Thanks Zman. God Bless You.

Does going to the fridge once a day count as walking? That and the bathroom twice?

Zman I am impressed I am so scared of losing more weight I don't even want to walk.

Also you drew. I found your picture relatable.

Morning Zman, how’s it going today? I didn’t have any weights so I used a can of beans to do those arm lifts. Thanks for the idea. I so hope today is a tiny bit better…….for both of us (selfish)!

I came across this on UTube……an exercise for well-being.

Do something you quite enjoy, anything……..drinking tea, watching tv, having a shower…..ANYTHING.

Now, imagine this is the last time ever that you will be able to do this……EVER.

Embrace the task. Smell your tea. Feel it’s heat. Feel the warm liquid run down your throat. Just enough milk? Just enough sugar?  The heat comforts your hands, lovely…..but never again.

Now, as you finish and start to mourn the lack of this in your life, you remember that you can do this again and embrace the details as you do…….be grateful.

This did distract me for a few minutes, which is all I ask on this horrid state we find ourselves in.

Happy Valentine’s Day ❤️♥️💗💋🌹

I’ve been reading up on everyone’s posts. My heart goes out to all of you too. I wanted to extend some support. Listen, I’ve been bedridden for over 2 years. Now I’m making much progress. I’m not saying being in bed for that long will happen to any of you. This is MY story. But, when I made peace with it, I did so much better. It is what it is. It does serve a purpose. That purpose is to protect us from further harm. Our brains are fragile right now and it knows it. So it is understandable that it put us in bed until it repairs us to the point of tolerating normal things. This is a good thing even if it’s frustrating. I also couldn’t even ride in a car for a long time. Let alone walk to it and drive….out of the question! I still have not drove since June 1 last year. I did it once for 5 minutes to the corner store but couldn’t drive back. Before that I hadn’t drove in over 9 months. I’m now out of bed half the day. I gently take my time when I’m up walking around. I worked consistently to recondition myself slowly. But first I had to heal a bit to even get to that point. My friends, this isn’t easy. It’s frustrating. Debilitating. Depressing and so much more. BUT right now, it’s necessary so acceptance is key to get through it. Others before us have traveled this road. They’re healed and out of bed all day with no symptoms. Doing whatever they want with no problem. We will get there too. Believe in your healing. Go with the flow. It’s temporary. Zman those little pushes to ride in the car takes bravery. I’m proud of you for doing that. You know what? I was terrified of car rides. But I did them when I had to and nothing bad happened. Yes I had some uptick of symptoms when I arrived back home but nothing unbearable. I simply distracted with Netflix

Do something you quite enjoy, anything……..drinking tea, watching tv, having a shower…..ANYTHING.

Embrace the task. Smell your tea. Feel it’s heat. Feel the warm liquid run down your throat. Just enough milk? Just enough sugar?  The heat comforts your hands, lovely…..but never again.

Now, as you finish and start to mourn the lack of this in your life, you remember that you can do this again and embrace the details as you do…….be grateful.

This did distract me for a few minutes, which is all I ask on this horrid state we find ourselves in.

Absolutely true…..do things you enjoy…anything! Celebrate when you accomplish tasks. Then do them again soon. You’re so right!

Hugs 🤗

I love this suggestion.  I'm going to try it today.  I need something distracting, as this is definitely NOT a good day.  I'm glad you were able to distract for a few minutes, although I wish it had helped you for longer!  You're right, it is such a horrid state. 

Hi all,

Hardy I'm glad you found something to distract you.

Sage so sorry today isn't a good day for you.

Ladyden thank you for that support.  You write beautifully as always.

Zman thinking about you hoping today is a better day.

Today is hard for me, my dad died 11 years ago today, so I find it hard to be “romantic” when I’m suffering mentally and physically and emotionally. Nonetheless, I lifted my 2.5 pound baby weights, and I ate two meals so far. But the bloated and painful stomach is back, and I’m truing to endure by taking it easy and watching movies today instead of trying to leave the house and exert myself too much. Thank you To all who have replied. God bless.

Zman I am so sorry about your Dad.  I know how hard it is with everything you've having to endure.  I lost my last summer and it has been very stressful.  I am sorry your stomach is causing you issues too.  Do you also have anxiety?  My anxiety irritates my stomach and then vice versa a never ending circle.  I hope your stomach eases and tomorrow is a much better day.

Hi all,

Dianne 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 you’re a sweetheart! Are you feeling better?

Today is hard for me, my dad died 11 years ago today, so I find it hard to be “romantic” when I’m suffering mentally and physically and emotionally. Nonetheless, I lifted my 2.5 pound baby weights, and I ate two meals so far. But the bloated and painful stomach is back, and I’m truing to endure by taking it easy and watching movies today instead of trying to leave the house and exert myself too much. Thank you To all who have replied. God bless.

Those anniversary dates of things that are painful really are hard sometimes than other times. I know you miss him dearly. You did a great job distracting yourself. Very proud of you Zman! Keep your head up. Hope the tummy troubles hightail it back to where they came from soon.

It was a little tough for me for a short time today as well. I’m at the end of my divorce. The memories tried to get me! But I stood my ground because apparently he didn’t mean any of it so ….nope not today! I immediately distracted myself and treated it like any other day. I’m refusing to let him or anyone steal my joy. I’m embracing the brand new me and soon I’ll have brand new health. My completed healing is well on the way. That’s why we are having symptoms  :thumbsup

Those anniversary dates of things that are painful really are hard sometimes than other times. I know you miss him dearly. You did a great job distracting yourself. Very proud of you Zman! Keep your head up. Hope the tummy troubles hightail it back to where they came from soon.

It was a little tough for me for a short time today as well. I’m at the end of my divorce. The memories tried to get me! But I stood my ground because apparently he didn’t mean any of it so ….nope not today! I immediately distracted myself and treated it like any other day. I’m refusing to let him or anyone steal my joy. I’m embracing the brand new me and soon I’ll have brand new health. My completed healing is well on the way. That’s why we are having symptoms  :thumbsup

Thank you for the kind words. I’m sorry you are going through a divorce process, I was married once before my current marriage of 20 years, and I know it can be tough. Hang in there and keep your head up. We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

Hi all,

Dianne 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 you’re a sweetheart! Are you feeling better?

Hi Lady,

Thank you.  Not really feeling any better anxiety is high hoping it eases very soon. Thank for all of your encouragement you give. ❤❤❤

Yes Fox it does. To counteract that I did exercises and stretches in bed. Also getting up to walk around whenever I could.

I wonder if anyone else developed the pain I have in their back. I really think it was exacerbated by laying down

Thinking of you LadyDen

I can’t imagine going through a divorce in this. I just wanted you to know how helpful and loving you are to everyone here. I so appreciate the time and effort you put in to saying kind and uplifting words to everyone. Sending hugs and healing!!