Important Survey - Please Participate ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Today is hard for me, my dad died 11 years ago today, so I find it hard to be “romantic” when I’m suffering mentally and physically and emotionally. Nonetheless, I lifted my 2.5 pound baby weights, and I ate two meals so far. But the bloated and painful stomach is back, and I’m truing to endure by taking it easy and watching movies today instead of trying to leave the house and exert myself too much. Thank you To all who have replied. God bless.

Those anniversary dates of things that are painful really are hard sometimes than other times. I know you miss him dearly. You did a great job distracting yourself. Very proud of you Zman! Keep your head up. Hope the tummy troubles hightail it back to where they came from soon.

It was a little tough for me for a short time today as well. I’m at the end of my divorce. The memories tried to get me! But I stood my ground because apparently he didn’t mean any of it so ….nope not today! I immediately distracted myself and treated it like any other day. I’m refusing to let him or anyone steal my joy. I’m embracing the brand new me and soon I’ll have brand new health. My completed healing is well on the way. That’s why we are having symptoms  :thumbsup

Thank you for the kind words. I’m sorry you are going through a divorce process, I was married once before my current marriage of 20 years, and I know it can be tough. Hang in there and keep your head up. We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

Very kind of you. Thank you Zman. I was married for 27 years….wow what a tough road. And yes you’re so right we should give ourselves some slack. Superman and Wonder Woman is not to be expected while going through this coupled with the other things in life that we must deal with. Life doesn’t stop because we are sick. This is a HEALING journey. Nothing heals instantly that’s why time is our friend in this. People get tired of hearing that but without the time it takes then we don’t heal. What a test of endurance, perseverance and patience! So yes, we gotta keep our heads up.

Sending you and everyone happy healing vibes! Hugs 🤗

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Hardy I'm glad you found something to distract you.

Sage so sorry today isn't a good day for you.

Ladyden thank you for that support.  You write beautifully as always.

Zman thinking about you hoping today is a better day.

Dianne 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 you’re a sweetheart! Are you feeling better?

Hi Lady,

Thank you.  Not really feeling any better anxiety is high hoping it eases very soon. Thank for all of your encouragement you give. ❤❤❤

Oh my dear Dianne my heart goes out to you. Hang in there because by now we know how this goes….a corner to turn things around is coming up soon as you said. You’re very welcome for my support. I also receive it from all of you. We inspire each other. You’re in my prayers dear. Distract as much as you can. Meditate and breathe. I’m sending you fast relief wishes 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🙏

Yes Fox it does. To counteract that I did exercises and stretches in bed. Also getting up to walk around whenever I could.

I wonder if anyone else developed the pain I have in their back. I really think it was exacerbated by laying down

Yes it’s common. Try a heating pad?

Today is hard for me, my dad died 11 years ago today, so I find it hard to be “romantic” when I’m suffering mentally and physically and emotionally. Nonetheless, I lifted my 2.5 pound baby weights, and I ate two meals so far. But the bloated and painful stomach is back, and I’m truing to endure by taking it easy and watching movies today instead of trying to leave the house and exert myself too much. Thank you To all who have replied. God bless.

Those anniversary dates of things that are painful really are hard sometimes than other times. I know you miss him dearly. You did a great job distracting yourself. Very proud of you Zman! Keep your head up. Hope the tummy troubles hightail it back to where they came from soon.

It was a little tough for me for a short time today as well. I’m at the end of my divorce. The memories tried to get me! But I stood my ground because apparently he didn’t mean any of it so ….nope not today! I immediately distracted myself and treated it like any other day. I’m refusing to let him or anyone steal my joy. I’m embracing the brand new me and soon I’ll have brand new health. My completed healing is well on the way. That’s why we are having symptoms  :thumbsup

Thinking of you LadyDen

I can’t imagine going through a divorce in this. I just wanted you to know how helpful and loving you are to everyone here. I so appreciate the time and effort you put in to saying kind and uplifting words to everyone. Sending hugs and healing!!

I appreciate this Fruity. 🌹❤️ My prayers for you is that you feel better and better as you taper. I’m inspired by you too. You are a warrior for sure. The fact that you didn’t give up speaks volumes. I’m so proud of you! I thought “ As bad as Fruity is and she’s traveling to her mom’s house then let’s see what more I can do too”

I’m here for you and cheering you on! Have you reduced any more?

Yes Fox it does. To counteract that I did exercises and stretches in bed. Also getting up to walk around whenever I could.

I wonder if anyone else developed the pain I have in their back. I really think it was exacerbated by laying down

Yes it’s common. Try a heating pad?

I did for a while, my ribs hurt so much I think I have intercostal muscle strain. Just won't seem to let up

Give it some time. Distract from it so you don’t fixate on it. Fixating causes more stress. More stress triggers symptoms in the body or makes the ones you have feel worse. Use the heating pad and distract.  :thumbsup:

I’m still around. I’ve tapered down to 8mg Valium. I’m hanging in there. I was in one heck of a window, enjoying movies, being (limitedly) intimate with my wife, enjoying meals, but still not really able to get up and move around much… the pain in my legs (knnees and shins) is excruciating. Still pretty much bedridden, but hey at least I’m having semi-normal bowel movements which is better than constant diarrhea for months. I feel like I’m hitting another rough patch though, so I’m going to take it easy… as easy as someone who can barely get out of bed can take it easy. I hope you are all seeing improvements, even small ones. I love you guys and God bless you all.  :smitten:

Zman happy to hear there has been a little break. Movies and a little intamacy sounds like progress even though stuck in bed. I am stuck in bed as well as my ok days are based on if I cry all day or not but still have all the other disability symptoms. My stress hormones go on a roller coaster all day with my blood sugar.

Also yay for solid poo… I tend toward constipation but when I can’t go a take a bit off my parents potassium pill and it works really well the next morning.

Love to you all. Zman I’m glad you have some improvements. That’s how this goes……up down back forth side to side….a real roller coaster 🎢 So when feeling better just enjoy what you can. That’s ok that you’re in bed. It’s your body’s way of protecting a healing brain  :thumbsup:  love you too my friend.

Fruity I’m happy to see that you are stabilizing a bit. I’m thinking of you. Just to let you all know, I’m taking a couple of days to give myself some love. But I’m reading in the background.

Happy healing to all who are bedridden. Stay strong. Stay distracted. Accept this because it is so temporary. Believe in your healing…claim it! Pamper yourself. Pray. Don’t read other people’s horror stories. Positive positive positive.

❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️💋

Woke up at 4am in the worst pain I’ve had thus far during this… my entire back and arms and legs are stiff, tightened, and spasmed out and hurting me bad. You are so right about this being a roller coaster of ups and downs. I’m hanging in there though… Please pray for me and keep me in your thoughts. I kind of felt this coming on yesterday, but I was hoping it wouldn’t hit, now I’m just hoping this new pain passes soon. I’m holding at about 8mg valium per day, but when you think about it, thats a pretty drastic drop from 2mg Xanax a day just this past December. I guess I’m doing ok taper-wise, even though it’s definitely going to be slow going.

Peace, Love, and Hope

Z

I am still in horrible, agonizing pain. And scared. I cant get my blood pressure to normalize and I think the POTS type symptoms are back except I have a weird thing happening… my pulse is hovering at around 63-68 but my blood pressure is high today and I feel panicked really bad because I have an ascending aortic aneurysm that we are supposed to keep an eye on. Im so scared right now. Cant get a hold of my Dr today and the ER will just do the same thing they always do, say its anxiety, radiate me with x-rays, and send me on my way since I was a repeat visitor over and over all last year. I took some of the blood pressure meds my dr took me off of because we thought my blood pressure was running normal… today its definitely not. Hopefully it helps. Im feeling like im in total acute withdrawal instead of a taper… these past few days I feel like im deteriorating… so much full body pain and agony. Im sorry I dont have more positivity right now, Im really terrified and anxious. Trying to convince myself not to take a rescue dose… even though Im scared to even do that since my pulse is already so low. Please, some words of encouragement or comfort… I have my wife as support but she honestly seems indifferent to the situation today which hurts me emotionally. Help :(

Zman I'm sorry you are suffering so badly.  I hope the med lowers your bp.  My heart rate runs from 53 to 66.  I hope you can calm down.

Sending you prayers.

Zman I'm sorry you are suffering so badly.  I hope the med lowers your bp.  My heart rate runs from 53 to 66.  I hope you can calm down.

Sending you prayers.

Thank you all and God bless you. I’m praying for a heaping dose of mercy tonight, as it’s EXTREMELY bad. Of course thanking and praising him during this trouble as well.

Peace, love, and healing

Z

Sending you prayers.

Thank you all and God bless you. I’m praying for a heaping dose of mercy tonight, as it’s EXTREMELY bad. Of course thanking and praising him during this trouble as well.

Peace, love, and healing

Z

Zman I don't how we would make it without the Lord!  Keep praying I know He hears us. 😊

Zman I am so sorry you are having this problem. My blood pressure has dropped down to the 30s. Its not fun but none of the ER doctors ever seemed worried. So I guess that mean I wasn't in danger of dying?

I wish I could say more. Please know that I am thinking of you. You deserved that window and so much more.

Good morning! I agree with everyone here in that I don’t know how we would make it without God. I know this isn’t the spiritual thread but I’d like to add that he is the true physician! The other physical medical personnel here on Earth are just practicing medicine. That’s why it’s called that. God made these bodies so he knows how to fix them with just a simple word. This recovery is a battle for us but it’s nothing for him to tackle. He’s never lost a battle. He made our bodies fearfully and wonderfully for he knows it’s fleshly and will need repairs. So he made them with that ability to an extent. Zman, I know you’re scared. That’s ok to be. All of us was or is too. But, please do your best to not let that fear overtake you. It generates stress. Stress makes symptoms worse. Worse symptoms makes more stress. It’s a vicious cycle. In acute I had heart rate and blood pressure issues too. It’s a good thing that I was made aware of it occurring beforehand so I started meditating and breathing techniques. Sitting up on the side of the bed for about 15-20 minutes every hour or so will help raise your blood pressure. If your heart is racing turn on your left side in bed and began slow breathing in through the nose and with pushed lips out slowly through the mouth. 4 seconds in. 8 seconds out. Every 3rd breath…..hold it for 4 seconds before blowing out. This works very well for racing heart or panic/anxiety. It works because it taps into the parasympathetic mechanism and sends a signal to the brain to calm down. What you’re experiencing is common in tapering as well as acute. Although there are some coping tools that may help, time will be the thing needed to fix it. Coping tools is what is used to keep yourself as calm as possible to get through each day as comfortable as possible. I implemented certain tools depending on what was going on. Meditation with relaxing music of nature sounds was my favorite and most effective tool. A weighted blanket and something to cuddle ( other than your wife lol). I know most men don’t like the idea of cuddling a pillow or stuffed animal but you’re in the privacy of your own home so it’s worth a try. I found cuddling it gave me a sense of not being alone/safe/ being cared for. It’s the same feeling you get when holding a new baby. You ever know anybody holding a new baby angry or anxious? Nope  :thumbsup: The brain sees it’s a delicate new baby so it relaxes the body and you just smile adoring that little face.  :)  Cuddling my teddy bear did that for me. I pretended it was a baby. And it worked like a charm! So once I found what worked for me then I combined them to get through each day.

Also I’m sorry to hear that your wife seems indifferent at times. Unfortunately that happens to mostly everyone with family members. I’m not condoning any of our family or friends when I say that I think we should keep in mind that this isn’t their experience so they have no idea of what it’s like. We barely can explain it ourselves. BUT no matter if they understand it or not, their job as a loved one is to be supportive. In normal cases when someone goes through an illness, it’s over in a certain timeframe. A cold is over in a couple of weeks. A sprained wrist a couple of months, etc. This in most cases is a very debilitating slow and much longer process of healing. Our friends and family are painfully watching us become a shell of who they’ve always known us to be. They are scared and don’t know what to do. We don’t know what to do either. What they don’t understand is we need them during this journey more than ever! I also made a few trips to the ER. Looking back now, I wish I never would have. After a couple of trips they classify you as crazy and don’t do anything to help. Sadly they can make things worse because they don’t have a clue about benzo WD. So I made a decision to avoid the ER especially after they nearly killed me giving me a strong psych med when I had NO history of psychiatric illness. By the grace of God, the allergic reaction was immediately addressed. My GP told me I was lucky! But I knew it wasn’t luck at all. God stepped in. Right now you’re still tapering so your body is reacting wildly. It sucks but it’s normal. It’s trying to function with reduced doses. I’m sorry I made this so long but I wanted to make a few points that I hope would help you. You have my support….all of you. Right now our only job is to get through today. If all you can do is breathe then just do that. It will be alright because God’s with us. He isn’t called Comforter and El Shaddai for nothing! Keep looking to him.

Good morning! I agree with everyone here in that I don’t know how we would make it without God. I know this isn’t the spiritual thread but I’d like to add that he is the true physician! The other physical medical personnel here on Earth are just practicing medicine. That’s why it’s called that. God made these bodies so he knows how to fix them with just a simple word. This recovery is a battle for us but it’s nothing for him to tackle. He’s never lost a battle. He made our bodies fearfully and wonderfully for he knows it’s fleshly and will need repairs. So he made them with that ability to an extent. Zman, I know you’re scared. That’s ok to be. All of us was or is too. But, please do your best to not let that fear overtake you. It generates stress. Stress makes symptoms worse. Worse symptoms makes more stress. It’s a vicious cycle. In acute I had heart rate and blood pressure issues too. It’s a good thing that I was made aware of it occurring beforehand so I started meditating and breathing techniques. Sitting up on the side of the bed for about 15-20 minutes every hour or so will help raise your blood pressure. If your heart is racing turn on your left side in bed and began slow breathing in through the nose and with pushed lips out slowly through the mouth. 4 seconds in. 8 seconds out. Every 3rd breath…..hold it for 4 seconds before blowing out. This works very well for racing heart or panic/anxiety. It works because it taps into the parasympathetic mechanism and sends a signal to the brain to calm down. What you’re experiencing is common in tapering as well as acute. Although there are some coping tools that may help, time will be the thing needed to fix it. Coping tools is what is used to keep yourself as calm as possible to get through each day as comfortable as possible. I implemented certain tools depending on what was going on. Meditation with relaxing music of nature sounds was my favorite and most effective tool. A weighted blanket and something to cuddle ( other than your wife lol). I know most men don’t like the idea of cuddling a pillow or stuffed animal but you’re in the privacy of your own home so it’s worth a try. I found cuddling it gave me a sense of not being alone/safe/ being cared for. It’s the same feeling you get when holding a new baby. You ever know anybody holding a new baby angry or anxious? Nope  :thumbsup: The brain sees it’s a delicate new baby so it relaxes the body and you just smile adoring that little face.  :)  Cuddling my teddy bear did that for me. I pretended it was a baby. And it worked like a charm! So once I found what worked for me then I combined them to get through each day.

Also I’m sorry to hear that your wife seems indifferent at times. Unfortunately that happens to mostly everyone with family members. I’m not condoning any of our family or friends when I say that I think we should keep in mind that this isn’t their experience so they have no idea of what it’s like. We barely can explain it ourselves. BUT no matter if they understand it or not, their job as a loved one is to be supportive. In normal cases when someone goes through an illness, it’s over in a certain timeframe. A cold is over in a couple of weeks. A sprained wrist a couple of months, etc. This in most cases is a very debilitating slow and much longer process of healing. Our friends and family are painfully watching us become a shell of who they’ve always known us to be. They are scared and don’t know what to do. We don’t know what to do either. What they don’t understand is we need them during this journey more than ever! I also made a few trips to the ER. Looking back now, I wish I never would have. After a couple of trips they classify you as crazy and don’t do anything to help. Sadly they can make things worse because they don’t have a clue about benzo WD. So I made a decision to avoid the ER especially after they nearly killed me giving me a strong psych med when I had NO history of psychiatric illness. By the grace of God, the allergic reaction was immediately addressed. My GP told me I was lucky! But I knew it wasn’t luck at all. God stepped in. Right now you’re still tapering so your body is reacting wildly. It sucks but it’s normal. It’s trying to function with reduced doses. I’m sorry I made this so long but I wanted to make a few points that I hope would help you. You have my support….all of you. Right now our only job is to get through today. If all you can do is breathe then just do that. It will be alright because God’s with us. He isn’t called Comforter and El Shaddai for nothing! Keep looking to him.

LD, thank you for spreading love and hope.  Your message to Zman is encouraging to me too and probably to many others as well. 

Thank you so much for your kindness and insight, May God grant us healing and wisdom and the strength to endure through FAITH.  :smitten:

I had a panic attack the other day that came with allover body pain, first time for that. My bp is also low, my vision is very awful and is always accompanied by derealization. Burning in the thighs and arms, stomach is a mess, back is stiff, ribs hurt, feel like im freezing and then sweats at night. Temp stays low all the time. I just am wondering even if this is still withdrawl as I know is a common theme. I am sad.

I had a panic attack the other day that came with allover body pain, first time for that. My bp is also low, my vision is very awful and is always accompanied by derealization. Burning in the thighs and arms, stomach is a mess, back is stiff, ribs hurt, feel like im freezing and then sweats at night. Temp stays low all the time. I just am wondering even if this is still withdrawl as I know is a common theme. I am sad.

It's truly outrageous what withdrawal can do to a body.  I have noticed that I'm usually extremely acidic when I feel panicky and I feel much better if I drink some baking soda in water.  I know this is so because I test myself with Ph strips.  I wonder if that might help you?  I know nothing cures withdrawal except time, but some things can provide a little bit of temporary relief.  I really hope you get a break from this soon!

It's truly outrageous what withdrawal can do to a body.  I have noticed that I'm usually extremely acidic when I feel panicky and I feel much better if I drink some baking soda in water.  I know this is so because I test myself with Ph strips.  I wonder if that might help you?  I know nothing cures withdrawal except time, but some things can provide a little bit of temporary relief.  I really hope you get a break from this soon!

I came off my usual clean eating and had icecream the night before, then worked out then bam....panic and pain. I should try the baking soda. I just feel so alone in this.  Thank you

I came off my usual clean eating and had icecream the night before, then worked out then bam....panic and pain. I should try the baking soda. I just feel so alone in this.  Thank you

It's so inhumane that we get punished so severely for doing normal human things!  You're not alone.  PM me any time you need to talk.