Important Survey - Please Participate ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Happy new year to all of you.  :smitten:

Fruity how are you doing? Good to hear from you.

Diane how are you doing as well?

As for me, I’m still having waves and windows but waves seem better ( shorter and less intense but frequent). I’m out of bed more often for the past week. Yay! I’m now able to walk around my apartment without my walker. I’m even going outside my apartment door for fresh air for about 5 minutes. I’ve started sitting up on the couch for 15 minutes and last night was 30 minutes. I also managed to cook a dinner by doing one dish at a time, lay down then do another one. I’m excited about my progress! It DOES get better.  :thumbsup:

Wishing you all a better day today.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lady,

So happy to hear that you are doing better that is wonderful!!! 

I'm having a rough wave praying it lets up soon.  Thank you for asking.

Sending hugs❤

Hi Dianedeedee, I see that although you are having a rough wave you have dropped below 0.5mg. Congratulations! That’s a really low dose. Hoping and Praying for a window for us all very soon……today would be nice!

Dianne and Hardy Good morning! Yes a nice window for us would be great. Dianne you’re doing well with your taper as Hardy said. That’s something to be proud of for sure. At such a low dose, it’s normal to feel crappy. I hope you have some coping skills or good distractions to use during those waves. Sending you big hugs! I’m cheering you on.

Hardy I hope you are doing better too. You’ve had a tough road so far. But one thing I can tell in your post that you are doing all you can to get through. It takes much strength to go through this and you have shown yours. I hope you’re giving yourself extra care. Big hugs to you.

How are you both doing with being in bed? Are you in bed for most of the day? Any progress? Are you exercising in bed?

Sending love to everyone in the bedridden club! 

Fruitypop, how are you doing?  I hope things have improved at least a little. 

Hi Dianedeedee, I see that although you are having a rough wave you have dropped below 0.5mg. Congratulations! That’s a really low dose. Hoping and Praying for a window for us all very soon……today would be nice!

Hi Hardy,

Thank you for your kind words.  I didn't think I would ever get below .5  it was a hard road for sure.  Yes praying for a big window for us all!

Dianne and Hardy Good morning! Yes a nice window for us would be great. Dianne you’re doing well with your taper as Hardy said. That’s something to be proud of for sure. At such a low dose, it’s normal to feel crappy. I hope you have some coping skills or good distractions to use during those waves. Sending you big hugs! I’m cheering you on.

Hardy I hope you are doing better too. You’ve had a tough road so far. But one thing I can tell in your post that you are doing all you can to get through. It takes much strength to go through this and you have shown yours. I hope you’re giving yourself extra care. Big hugs to you.

How are you both doing with being in bed? Are you in bed for most of the day? Any progress? Are you exercising in bed?

Hi Lady,

I'm afraid my coping skills aren't really very good but I try.  When I feel bad I tend to just shut down and I know that isn't good.  I'm usually out of bed by 9am but spend a lot of time on the couch throughout the day unless it's nice outside then spend time on the porch.  Evenings sometimes are better.

Hoping you are having a good day.

Hugs❤

Dianne I love being outside especially on the porch. That’s one of the things I miss doing the most. I’m glad that you can atleast get on the couch and sit on the porch. I’m just now able to sit up on the couch for a bit. And also take very short walks outside. Even though it’s cold here in the Carolinas I’m loving the fresh air. My evenings are also decent. Hopefully you can find something that you enjoy to help distract you. Distraction makes a big difference. Wishing you a good day today. Hugs

Sending love to everyone in the bedridden club! 

Fruitypop, how are you doing?  I hope things have improved at least a little.

Thank you Sage. You’re so sweet to think of us. I’m sending you love too! 🌹

Hi LadyDen, thank you for telling me that I’m strong, I really don’t feel like it! Mornings are worst. I’m not in bed all day but I can’t seem to relax properly unless I’m snuggled up so I potter about then go back to bed for a rest. The last 3 days I have pushed myself to go for a little walk first thing in the morning. I don’t know if it’s helping but it passes the time and it’s supposed to be good for you ha ha.

You are cooking dinner now, that’s brill. What do you like to cook/eat? I hope you can spend more time sitting up today.

Healing hugs

Hey Hardy getting outside for a walk is beneficial. In this recovery our vitamin levels can get low especially in Vit D. The best thing to do is get morning sunlight at least 15-20 minutes. Glad you’re doing that.

I cook small meals that doesn’t require much standing. Meals I can throw in a pot or the oven such as….soups, stews, casseroles or quick on the stove meals such as quesidillas, spaghetti, tacos, omelettes, grilled chicken and vegetables. On my bad days….salads or sandwiches.

I started a recipe thread on this forum called recipe swap meet…you can search for it using the top right search bar or just go to the main menu to look for it. There’s awesome benzo friendly recipes there! Easy to prepare. Easy to understand. Easy on the symptoms!  :thumbsup:

Big hug to you. Feel better soon

Dianne I love being outside especially on the porch. That’s one of the things I miss doing the most. I’m glad that you can atleast get on the couch and sit on the porch. I’m just now able to sit up on the couch for a bit. And also take very short walks outside. Even though it’s cold here in the Carolinas I’m loving the fresh air. My evenings are also decent. Hopefully you can find something that you enjoy to help distract you. Distraction makes a big difference. Wishing you a good day today. Hugs

Hi Lady,

Thank you for the encouragement.  I am so glad you are improving it won't be long and you will be out on that porch.

Sending you hugs❤

You both are very fine people! I wish you both speedy healing.  :smitten:

Last night I sat up on the couch for 35 minutes. I was a little more boaty afterwards and my neck is a little sore this morning but I’m so happy to do this again. Thank you for cheering me on and congratulations. I’m waiting to hear of your progression too.

Love and hugs

35 minutes! That’s amazing Ladyden. I’m sure your neck will recover soon and it will be great to do it again. Yes, cheering you on helps me too!

Well, I’ve had a window. After a really good sleep I drove my sister to buy some new curtains and we had a coffee too. What joy! I had cut to 0.4on Monday so was expecting to feel rubbish but it hasn’t happened yet. Even if I feel rubbish tomorrow, today will spur me on. Wouldn’t it be lovely if when we’re all healed we could meet up somewhere and celebrate…….I’m a bit giddy with excitement!

Hugs and Prayers.

35 minutes! That’s amazing Ladyden. I’m sure your neck will recover soon and it will be great to do it again. Yes, cheering you on helps me too!

Well, I’ve had a window. After a really good sleep I drove my sister to buy some new curtains and we had a coffee too. What joy! I had cut to 0.4on Monday so was expecting to feel rubbish but it hasn’t happened yet. Even if I feel rubbish tomorrow, today will spur me on. Wouldn’t it be lovely if when we’re all healed we could meet up somewhere and celebrate…….I’m a bit giddy with excitement!

Hugs and Prayers.

Wowwwwwww I’m tearing up reading this! I’m so happy for you. I know it felt like a dream to you. That’s how I felt last night. See there…we ARE healing. Slow but surely. I’m wishing you more windows like that. And yes it would be so lovely to meet up when everyone is healed. Like have a nice ball. Everyone dressed like movie stars, smiling, dancing, lovely dinner etc. I’m so excited too. Remember this day, Hardy!!! If or when you feel terrible again…..this is what is meant by “ trust the windows” because they tell the truth that we will heal. We are healing. One day soon enough we will wake up feeling great everyday. Our problem will be figuring out what we want to go enjoy.  :laugh:

Hi Lady and Hardy,

So happy you have both had some awesomeness.  That always gives you hope.  Praying for more of that for you both.

Hugs and prayers ❤

You’re right LadyDen whatever will we do with all our time feeling great!? Maybe I’ll learn to ski or ride a horse! Honestly, I would be beyond happy to potter around my house and garden with peace in my heart and looking forward to a good nights sleep. Maybe we’ll be so grateful for all life’s pleasures that we will actually be the happiest folk on earth!

I hope you have some good minutes sitting on your couch today.

Diane, I hope you have less anxiety this morning and you can get into your porch for a while.

I pray for some moments of joy for all of us.

Hugs and Prayers💕

Dianne and Hardy I’m wishing you both better days with enjoying the outdoors. Last night I did well sitting up for 45 minutes. I’m sure as I do it more often it will get easier. I’m just happy that it’s even a possibility now. I’m counting my blessings. Hardy your dreams of horseback riding or learning to ski will be a reality some day soon. Dianne whatever you want to do will also be possible. Time is our best ally in this. The waiting game is a game we can win.  :thumbsup: one day at a time. And when it gets tough then we take one hour at a time. I’m 18 1/2 months out. I’m so tired, annoyed and ready to put this behind me. I’ve read success stories to where others said they wanted to forget this and never look back. I’m not so sure if that’s a good idea. The reason is because everything we experience is the very thing that molds who we are today. If I’m living a new healthy life of gratitude at a level I’ve never had before, then why disregard how I got there? I really get that it’s a horror show for most of us and it’s a natural response for the brain to file away trauma. But, I don’t want to live my new healthy life pretending like it didn’t happen. In my opinion, I think it’s a good idea to have a bit of therapy during and after this experience. It’s so traumatizing not just on a personal level but also for our family and friends. There’s no way we can go through such trauma as this and end up unscathed. That’s why I feel that keeping a journal is important. What do you think?

Hi LadyDen, 45 minutes, yeah! Fantastic!

I agree with you entirely. I think that going through this journey and out the other side is like a graduation. We’ve worked so hard and we have the evidence to prove it……a certificate saying……

A Graduate of the Boot Benzos University FIRST CLASS HONOURS

It will affect my life in the future, no denying it. I’m hoping to be more compassionate, more tolerant, more grateful and certainly a more whole person.

I don’t keep a journal because it’s just not my thing but it’s wonderful if you can, and helpful to others I guess.

ps I don’t ever intend to ski or ride a horse

Hardy I loved the Boot Benzo University graduation with first class honors  :thumbsup::highfive::hug::clap:

Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing that. Hopefully today will prove to be a better day for you. And as you heal, whatever you end up doing will be so awesome. As I’m healing when starting to do things again I’m so happy but strangely feel familiar yet new at the same time because it’s been so long since I’ve done them. But it’s such a welcoming feeling. There’s no reason to believe that we won’t make a full recovery and live our best lives. The windows don’t lie! My brain, your brain….they know how to function. If they didn’t then we wouldn’t have progress. So I’m grateful to see my healing. I keep a journal to simply have a platform to express how this affects me. And see my progress or catch something that is making me worse. Journaling isn’t for everyone. But as for me, it’s useful. Sometimes the progress is so small that if I hadn’t journaled, then I wouldn’t see it. Anyway, big hugs to you, my friend. Enjoy your day.

Hi all just checking on everyone. I hope you are all having better days.  Praying this year will the year of healing.

I've not felt well the past few days praying it will get better.

Hugs to all ❤

Hi All, hope everyone had a good nights sleep. I have had some great sleep lately. A few nights, I have slept ALL night without waking………haven’t done that for decades!

LadyDen, I bet your journal is brilliant. When you next meet someone who is on this journey you will have all the evidence of healing right there and it will be so helpful. I am not disciplined enough to do a journal!

Diane, yes 2022 will be the year of healing I’m sure. I’m so sorry you are having bad days, it’s so tough to get through this journey without feeling completely broken, but we will, we have to! I do so appreciate your hugs and prayers.

💕💕

Hello dear buddies. I also hope you slept well. Hardy that is a definite sign of healing! I’m happy to hear that report. You hang on to that when things get rough and the benzo lies flood in, you say Nope, I slept through the night and I’ll do it again.  :thumbsup: Always happy to hear from you and Dianne. Biggggg hugsss

Dianne I’m sending you feel better wishes. I’m getting my butt kicked too the past two days and right now. But I know this too shall pass. We gotta just hang in there. Distract. There’s times that I have to pull out more than one coping skill. But I got to do what I need to do. I agree this is our year! I’m excited about that. Even if we can only see a tiny dim light at the end of the tunnel….it’s still a light. Big huggggggggs

Hello dear buddies. I also hope you slept well. Hardy that is a definite sign of healing! I’m happy to hear that report. You hang on to that when things get rough and the benzo lies flood in, you say Nope, I slept through the night and I’ll do it again.  :thumbsup: Always happy to hear from you and Dianne. Biggggg hugsss

Dianne I’m sending you feel better wishes. I’m getting my butt kicked too the past two days and right now. But I know this too shall pass. We gotta just hang in there. Distract. There’s times that I have to pull out more than one coping skill. But I got to do what I need to do. I agree this is our year! I’m excited about that. Even if we can only see a tiny dim light at the end of the tunnel….it’s still a light. Big huggggggggs

Hi Ladyden,

I hope you are feeling better.  I am always so grateful and thankful for any window even those little feel good seconds.  Sometimes I will get just a glimpse of normal and it is so wonderful.  That tiny light at the end of the tunnel gives us so much hope.  Praying you have been able to spend more time sitting up on your sofa I know how awesome that is too. There are times at the end of the evening that I'll say to myself...you were able to sit up and not have to lay down to watch TV. 

Paula I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. 

Sending hugs and prayers

Fruitypop I hope you feeling better I'm sure your mom and dad are taking great care of you.

Sage Hill how are you?

Sending hugs and prayers to both of you.