• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly im back to being bloated and diarrhea and some nerve pain, muscle twitching and anxiety :( having a rough day. Seems like the days with the bloating and diarrhea make me feel the worst even rhough its usually only one diarrhea bowel movement per day… drinking fluids with ekectrolytes and trying to eat SOMETHING but its tough when your stomach gets this distended my muscles all feel like they are 60% smaller. :/ probably cause i can hardly leave my bed 

Sadly im back to being bloated and diarrhea and some nerve pain, muscle twitching and anxiety :( having a rough day. Seems like the days with the bloating and diarrhea make me feel the worst even rhough its usually only one diarrhea bowel movement per day… drinking fluids with ekectrolytes and trying to eat SOMETHING but its tough when your stomach gets this distended my muscles all feel like they are 60% smaller. :/ probably cause i can hardly leave my bed

I am in the same place, but eating less. I don't know what I am absorbing. I look into the toilet. Is that fat I see? Can my body not take fat? The bloating is awful. The exhaustion that hits afterword is awful. Pooping all sorts of weird. So much mucus. And maybe fat? I don't want to walk and lose weight. But staying in bed is no good either. And after I eat I just want to be in bed for hours.

Have you been able to keep your weight steady?

No, Ive lost over 80 pounds

Havent been able to keep weight stable at all

Very rapid weight loss… i cant even walk my muscles are so weak

Im praying the gastro dr can help but it feels like im not absorbing much of what I eat at all

It all comes out as watery and mushy orange sludge

The bloating is terrible

I have a few days here and there were i dont poop and then it comes out as a solid bowel movement

But then right after that, the next day, its back to the orange/tan sludge

Ive had all mu stuff checked and i am severely deficient in vitamin d

Hard to take suppliments or eat the right foods when it all seems to go right through you :(

It's normal to have tan or off-color stools if you're still on the drugs or recently tapered off.  I had the same problem, but my stools are a normal color now.

Zman I am sorry to hear that. Your GI doc is a ways off. Is there no possible way they can fit you in earlier? Don't the make exceptions for serious cases. Sometimes but not always I have been able to call and say I need an earlier appointment, here is why, can you help me. Sometimes it works.

Stitch and Zman I’ve had the same orangey yellow diarrhea episodes and tight belly. Strangely my diarrhea was coupled with a magnet pulling me down sensation. I’ve had symptoms that were or still are paired up when they show up. The diarrhea was very awful at first. Just like you both, I lost a lot of weight in which I didn’t mind a few pounds. But it got to a scary point of too much. I looked in the mirror one morning and was like wow that’s enough weight loss! I would use the bathroom several times a day and yes it had mucus too. Ohhhh and it smelled like medication. I also had strange medication odor under my arms. It was so awful. I would bathe then an hour later smelled like medication again. More like rotten medication. Others told me that they had the same thing happening to them. I’m not sure if it’s all those years of medication coming out of our bodies or the glands in the body overreacting. Either way, it’s embarrassing.

The good news…..you guessed it…..over time it got better. Matter of fact the rotten medicine smell is gone now. I rarely get diarrhea anymore. When I do it’s mild and only last an hour, if that. The same for the pulling sensation. It’s mild and don’t last long when it pays a visit. I’m not going to lie, it took many months to get better. While waiting, I ate frequent small foods that had good sources of vitamins. Leafy greens, potatoes, cantaloupe, apples, vegetable crackers, chicken, homemade soups and baby food. I kept a heating pad handy. As soon as I felt tummy tight crampy I’d put it on for 20-30 minutes. And I drank Sprite. It has no caffeine, sugar to keep blood sugar stable and has carbs. Thankfully I could handle sugar without a problem. I just sipped it throughout the day. I still do. I know these symptoms are scary but they will improve over time. Hopefully yours will be short lived. Hang in there. I’ll be thinking of you both. Big hugs 🤗

LadyDen

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Yes, bad mucus, toilet so many times a day, weird stools, you even mentioned that oder under my arms that won't stay away. I'm not sure if others can smell it but I do. I only have heard of one other person who got mucus in their stools, sometimes just mucus comes out. Is that something that happens? It is relieving to hear that it passed.

LadyDen

Yes, bad mucus, toilet so many times a day, weird stools, you even mentioned that oder under my arms that won't stay away. I'm not sure if others can smell it but I do. I only have heard of one other person who got mucus in their stools, sometimes just mucus comes out. Is that something that happens? It is relieving to hear that it passed.

Stitch, I also have the mucous stools a lot, the only break I get from the bloating and diarrhea is maybe 3 or 4 times in the past few months I have have a period where I don't poop for like 3 days and then it happened and it's solid and half regular colored and Half orange or yellow, then it's back to constant diarrhea every morning until the next time I don't poop for a few days and that could be a month or more in in between. I feel your pain. Hang in there. Hopefully we can get our GI issues under control

LadyDen

Stitch, I also have the mucous stools a lot, the only break I get from the bloating and diarrhea is maybe 3 or 4 times in the past few months I have have a period where I don't poop for like 3 days and then it happened and it's solid and half regular colored and Half orange or yellow, then it's back to constant diarrhea every morning until the next time I don't poop for a few days and that could be a month or more in in between. I feel your pain. Hang in there. Hopefully we can get our GI issues under control

Yes, you hang in there as well!

LadyDen

Yes it happens. It will improve. There’s many gaba receptors in the gut. So I’m not surprised by stomach issues. It’s very common. But a lot of buddies don’t talk about it. But you can perhaps calm some of your worries about it by typing in the top right corner search bar….diarrhea or GI or something similar. A list of past posts will pop up. You’ll see this is common and that it gets better with time. I’ve had both diarrhea and constipation.

Well, the pain was just too much today. Laying in this bed, unable to walk or barely sit up except to use the bathroom is really taking its toll on my pain endurance. I cried a few times because I am prescribed norco 5mg and I have avoided taking them for over six months because I was really afraid it would make me feel worse and worsen my anxiety and side effects.

I never developed a tolerance to opiates because I never took them that often even though I had a prescription for my back problems. in other words, I was never addicted to them. Anyways, I gave in because the muscle pain and all over pain was just too much, and took 2.5 (half) of a 5mg Norco, which is hydrocodone and Tylenol mixed. It was a tiny amount compared to what some take. I try to never take them unless I absolutely have to… but not once in 6 months until today

It helped a little bit but also made me feel funny, strange, not high but like a little bit on edge and some of the muscle aches and pains are gone, or dulled rather… at least for the moment.

I don’t plan on making this a habit, even though the smallest amount of pain relief was really nice despite the little bit of jitters that were somewhat tolerable.

I basically have a phobia of medicines since all my problems started, so even being brave enough to TRY a tiny amount like 2.5 was a big deal to me. I have no plan to do this continuously or use it as a crutch during withdrawal, or tolerance, or tolerance withdrawal, or whatever it is that I am going through. Just wanted to share that I got some tiny amount of pain relief today, I’m in no way encouraging people to use opiates. They can be habit-forming and dangerous, especially combined with benzos

I waited 5hrs after taking my morning 5mg V before trying the Norco…. Putting some time between them.

The sad thing is that after having some pain relief, I can feel how truly weak I am. I mean it’s extremely noticeable. It’s not drowsiness, just flat out fatigue, and still confined to the bed  :'(

I hope everyone is having the best day they possibly can, and God bless you all. Please keep me in your thoughts, and if you pray please send one up for me. I appreciate it.

Zman my heart goes out to you. 🙏 Don’t feel bad about doing what you felt you needed to do to alleviate your pain. Yes opiates are dangerous if they’re not carefully used. It sounds like you’re far from that. Please continue to your best to rest and distract from your symptoms. You are still on your V so you will not feel well while tapering. That’s to be expected. But coping skills can come in handy. I’ve used a weighted blanket and soothing music for awhile. It really helped. Do you have one? Being in bed sucks. I know how that is all too well. I’m still in bed half the day. I keep myself occupied with tv or games. Or using YouTube to visit places in the world. Anything to occupy the mind. I pray that you find better days soon. Hang in there my friend. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🙏🙏🙏

Zman I am sending you big hugs. Please know I understand your situation and am sending love.

LadyDen this is good news you are in bed only half a day? Are you able to sit upright longer now or be standing up and around? So happy for you.

Praying for the best for everyone here. Know I am lurking just can’t always post because of symptoms.

Zman I am sending you big hugs. Please know I understand your situation and am sending love.

LadyDen this is good news you are in bed only half a day? Are you able to sit upright longer now or be standing up and around? So happy for you.

Praying for the best for everyone here. Know I am lurking just can’t always post because of symptoms.

Fruity 🤗🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️❤️🌹🌹🌹🌹 hey lovely! Happy to hear from you. How are things going? Have you reduced?

Thank you for your nice reply. Yes I’m only in bed about half the day now because I’m up walking around, standing to gaze out the window and sitting up to watch tv for about an hour at a time. I’m so excited to do this again. I rest in between doing something then get back up if it’s been over an hour. I’m trying to transition completely during the day to the living room couch. So that way I’m only in bed at night. That is a more normal thing to do. Baby steps. Which is first be able to endure being on the couch because it’s a much different feeling than being in bed. My brain knows it.  :laugh:  Yes I’m using interesting shows on Netflix to distract me as I sit up to watch them. It’s working pretty well. I’m enjoying the British baking show. There’s plenty of episodes. Thank you for thinking of me while you’re so sick yourself. How sweet! 🌹🌹🌹🌹❤️❤️❤️❤️

Im trying to get up and move a little, like walking down the hall to the bathroom, yesterday to shave, and this morning to use the bathroom, but I’m finding it’s causing me severe unbearable pain. I was in a sitting position for most of 2020 because of the pandemic and everything was on lockdown, plus I had type 2 diabetes so I didnt risk going out much at all… now where I have been so weak and laying for almost a whole year or more, when I try to walk or be active it hurts with a pain that is worse than anything I have ever experienced in my life because all my muscles are basically shrunken down to the size of a small child’s. I am clinging onto hope and going ahead with my taper. I’ve held for a month and only gotten worse, so I guess this is my baseline now until my next taper. Lord please help me.

Thank you all for keeping up with the responses, it means a lot to me.