Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

I just got my BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONES...Birdman helped me with any questions I had. She's sensational is getting back to you with questions.  The price keeps climbing on EBAY to 39.00...was 32.00. Anyway I recommend them. No matter what, even with hyperacusis it pays to get them . The volume is adjustable and if they are uncomfortable when the hyperacusis ends and tinnitus remains you will have them. Small investment for possible HELP. Comes with life time warrentee.  I can answer some questions but BIRDMAN is our resident expert.

Dear BIRDMAN, I am so sorry to hear your tinnitus is still so unbearable. I thought the BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONE gave you dramatic relief.

Dear BIRDMAN, I am so sorry to hear your tinnitus is still so unbearable. I thought the BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONE gave you dramatic relief.

Except when the battery runs dead :laugh:

Hey Bird and Need, thank you for your answers. I remember this was said before but I now have to agree with the bit about the tinnitus getting louder after a new cut. I did another cut two days ago and last night it was a super attack. It even invaded my dreams. I was at an Air Force base and somehow I was one of the pilots trying out a new jet. I started the engine and it kept getting louder and louder, when I took off the jets were just screaming in my ears. It was so loud that it woke me up and to my horror, the jets were in my head. The tinnitus was the loudest it had ever  been. Just SCREAMING!!! I sat up. Tried to massage my temples but nothing would stop it. After an hour or so I must have gotten back to sleep but when I woke up again it was still there. Not quite as loud but VERY loud compared to what it has been. It has been real loud this entire day. Perhaps a little softer right now but still double forte. Take care and I do hope your headphones give you some relief Need. I do agree with you Birdman...my tinnitus is so loud that I have yet to have any external noise drown it out.

Hey Bird and Need, thank you for your answers. I remember this was said before but I now have to agree with the bit about the tinnitus getting louder after a new cut. I did another cut two days ago and last night it was a super attack. It even invaded my dreams. I was at an Air Force base and somehow I was one of the pilots trying out a new jet. I started the engine and it kept getting louder and louder, when I took off the jets were just screaming in my ears. It was so loud that it woke me up and to my horror, the jets were in my head. The tinnitus was the loudest it had ever  been. Just SCREAMING!!! I sat up. Tried to massage my temples but nothing would stop it. After an hour or so I must have gotten back to sleep but when I woke up again it was still there. Not quite as loud but VERY loud compared to what it has been. It has been real loud this entire day. Perhaps a little softer right now but still double forte. Take care and I do hope your headphones give you some relief Need. I do agree with you Birdman...my tinnitus is so loud that I have yet to have any external noise drown it out.

Hi DM,  for some reason some people just get hit real hard in the ears.  That's why I started this thread.  Unless you have bad benzo induced tinnitus its hard to relate to this kind of suffering.

my ears pop something terrible.  I yawn or even move my head they pop.  do you know what causes this Lisa.  also what about exercises for vertigo.  If there is a little fluid in the ear would this help.  Linder xo

my ears pop something terrible.  I yawn or even move my head they pop.  do you know what causes this Lisa.  also what about exercises for vertigo.  If there is a little fluid in the ear would this help.  Linder xo

Linder do you still have Vertigo at 3 years out?  I lost the vertigo when I reinstated and I do not have any vertigo now.  I think Ashton says to practice walking on lines to regain balance.  I do not have the popping any longer either.  A few people here had it and then it faded with time.

Who is Lisa? It must be someone you met in the private chat area :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hugs Bird  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I never had the vertigo.  I was just wandering because you had talked about the water in the ear.  I don't know who Lisa is.  lol

I never had the vertigo.  I was just wandering because you had talked about the water in the ear.  I don't know who Lisa is.  lol

I am just SOOOOO ready for this to be over, I mean really, how long do we have to suffer :tickedoff:  This is beyond  belief!  If this were a judicial sentence the ACLU would have banned it as CRUEL and UNUSUAL punishment,  I mean really!!  All this for taking a pill, MY GOD!!

BENZO'S = CRUEL and UNUSUAL  

Great idea for a bumper sticker,  ya think?

I know a lady named Lisa. She's smart, kind, funny and she's on this forum. If you guys see her, tell her Snoball said hi. 8)

Hi Lisa, Thanks for the heads up on the necessity of a second set of BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONES...would you believe I used them so much on they day they came and into the night to help with sleep that the battery lost it's charge. So I plugged them into my wife's lap top and it's charging now. A red light came on so I presume it will go off or change color at the end of the Charge?

It's a different and better masking for my TINNITUS then the regular EAR BUDS which I had to resort to at 3 AM as the lower in dosage in w/d I get the more tenacious {unrelenting} and voluminous my Tinnitis seems to be. Anyway set 2 should be here today or tomorrow.

I like your idea of the BUMPER STICKER....signed "anonymous". I think everyone calls you LISA...because what great LADY would choose BIRDMAN ...instead of BIRDLADY. Oh well.

Hugs to you my dear, NSH :smitten:

I am modifying this post. I just read the "charge" should last 15 hours and that it should have been charged before use when it came. I did not do that. A learning curve on HEADPHONES...lol.

I am just SOOOOO ready for this to be over, I mean really, how long do we have to suffer :tickedoff:  This is beyond  belief!  If this were a judicial sentence the ACLU would have banned it as CRUEL and UNUSUAL punishment,  I mean really!!  All this for taking a pill, MY GOD!!

isnt it ironic? they would not do this to a prisoner but we live w it??  :tickedoff:

lately, ive had buzzing noise and like sizzling. in left ear

i cant stand total quiet in house. i can hear all sort of house stuff if its too quiet.

isnt it ironic? they would not do this to a prisoner but we live w it??  :tickedoff:

i cant stand total quiet in house. i can hear all sort of house stuff if its too quiet.

Gardenia, you are so right.  Not a day goes by when the word 'torture' does not cross my mind.  Why do I feel like a lab rat at times?  :'(

I am in some kind of wave, not fun.

Gardenia, you are so right.  Not a day goes by when the word 'torture' does not cross my mind.  Why do I feel like a lab rat at times?  :'(

I am in some k

ind of wave, not fun.

im sorry :-[ i hope you feel better soon.

i feel like ive been thru a torture, too.

I would love to hear total quiet again Gardenia. I REALLY miss the quiet. I used to sit in my studio at night, alone, in the dark and meditate in the large orchestral room. I could hear the quiet and the size of the room. I love the feeling of a very large QUIET room. I am starting to fear that I will never listen the quiet again.

Hello Dreamovie

I feel for you, I know what you mean. I sit in my recording studio, and just wish I could hear that pin drop and hit the floor.  :tickedoff:  But give it some time. Hopefully this will happen for everyone. Or maybe some drunken Attorney will open a Class Action Suit against the Pham Companies and get us some compensation. Well, wishfully thinking any way.

Just hank in there, and keep moving forward.    :thumbsup:

Rocket

I feel for you, I know what you mean. I sit in my recording studio,

hey rocket,

what kind of recording studio do you have? are you a recording artist?

pretty

Dear Fellow TINNITUS sufferers, Many of you including me are still tapering, have not faced the reality of some acute withdrawal after the taper and are expecting tinnitus relief. Some 11 years ago I went through BENZO w/d and tinnitus was as ASHTON predicted the last symptom to go BUT IT DID. Therefore, after two days of relative quiet my tinnitus is back with a vengeance. I am at 1.87 Mg's of Valium and am cutting slowly. Everything about this process is counter intuitive...like taking more of the drug that stopping it caused our issues. Then there's the non science "science" of half lives of the drug and with Valium it 20-200 hours for the active metabolite. So its weeks before the drug is out and homeostasis is achieved. Younger people will have less difficulty than seniors with this issue.

So all we can do is look for TEMPORARY RELIEF....BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONES, ear BUDS, avoiding stress and Quiet rooms etc. People who are working or busy can redirect or sublimate a bit but those of us stuck at home have little to think about but this HELL.

I think the goal is to finish the taper....go through the bodies reaction to elimination of the BENZO and PRAY for healing. If there was a MIRACLE CURE or a MAGIC SUPPLIMENT believe we all know. All you have do ids GOOGLE tinnitus and it will take you to you tube witch craft site they prey upon us. God bless you all in your misery and I pray for our healing. NSM

if I was going to buy bone conduction headphones, can anyone point me at a good set? The reviews on amazon are all over the map.

Hey Rocket, Sorry you are still suffering. The worst part is that I can hear the pin drop. Even my Neumann mics can hear the pin drop. The problem is the constant accompaniment. The steam is very, very loud this time. And I read all the papers on tinnitus and see that there is no cure. This is horrifying to me and quite depressing. I have yet to tell any of the clients about this noise. I don't want them to think that this is going to interfere with the mix results. So far it has not. It just interferes with my sanity only. It has really been bad the last few days since I began the new taper. As you can see I am taking a very small amount and took the time to get to this level. Does anybody else get an increase in level when they begin a new decrease?

Does anybody else get an increase in level when they begin a new decrease?

I am no longer tapering, but when I was I definitely noticed an increase in the severity of my tinnitus with each dose cut.

PD

Your welcome Dreamovie.  I noticed you also said that this experience with tinnitus and no possible cure is horrifying and depressing.  I used to feel the same way.  But I will say that most people do adapt to the tinnitus to some extent over time.  That is the case for me.  Also, I am very fortunate that the severity has decreased.  That being said, I would definitely have a party if it ever leaves completely! 

Wowie zowie I have a lot of reading to do on this discussion.  I have T & H.  It eased when I was doing c/o to V from temazepam but now that I have done my first taper, it is plaguing me.  Goga I so relate to the clicking of the keyboard.  At work the clicking of the calculator keys would send me up the wall, and my dogs barking, OMG.  Sometimes I don't even want to talk as my own voice echos through my head.  This is crazy benzo world.  I have always had sensitive hearing and tinnitus for 15 years, but nothing like this.  Yes it is one of the worst s/xs but I have to say for me the burning skin is the WORST and most painful. I only got to page 5 so I have some catching up to do.  I was thinking about discontinuing my NAC but after reading the posts on that supplement, I am going to continue taking it.

Thanks all for your input and sorry you are suffering T & H.

Overcomer  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: