Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Stomach healing place

[br...]

Thanks Burned. I'm feeling very discouraged. My stomach is now sensitive to things that used to be okay. And I'm in a wave today.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [br...]

• [ma...]

• [Be...]

• [Bu...]

Hi everyone. Can I ask a question . I have lately started having nausea randomly .. one day it's awful then the. Next few days fine then it's back again . Coupled with this is an over active bowel . Great stuff M!I do know that nausea is common in withdrawal but have not had it before now in my taper and as you can see by my signature been over two years ..

My question is has anyone else had this come on at this stage in withdrawal?

Overactive bowels continue to plague me 22 weeks out. Morning nsusea, which had been gone, returned. I think it's damage to the GI tract.

I've had nausea come and go and come and go too many times to count over the course of withdrawal.

Edzo8 .. how long approx did yours last for at a time? I had it for a couple of days and then yesterday cleared right up and then it's back today .. don't actually feel will be sick just the excess saliva in the mouth and the waves of nausea. No pain or noticible stomach issues at all ..

I've had nausea come and go and come and go too many times to count over the course of withdrawal.

Edzo8 .. how long approx did yours last for at a time? I had it for a couple of days and then yesterday cleared right up and then it's back today .. don't actually feel will be sick just the excess saliva in the mouth and the waves of nausea. No pain or noticible stomach issues at all ..

Sometimes it would only last an hour and sometimes it would last for weeks.  :'(  But I can tell you that now that I'm off the Benzos, I'm no longer nauseous.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have pain below the sternum and along the ribcages?  I can't figure out if its muscle or GI pain but, it is intense.  Sometimes eating makes it worse but, other times, it's just there.  Quite severe times-can benzo withdrawal cause this kind of pain?  :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Burned out

Yes I had this durning acute before a I reinstated.  It was an intense weird pain along with a muscle spasm right below my right rib cage and it sometimes radiated into my back and right arm.  It felt like I had a baby in there kicking my ribs.  Along with extreme bloating.  I actually went to the er it got so bad and the gave me a muscle relaxer.  Has yours gotten better. I see you posted this a week ago.  Mine eventually went away during my acute and more horrendous symptoms showed up so I had to reinstate.

Sorry you had that pain pooky but, glad it got better.  Mine keeps getting worse, (may be pre-benzo  issues again), so GI doc wants to do some scans to see what's going on.  Hope your symptoms have eased up, too. 

Sorry you had that pain pooky but, glad it got better.  Mine keeps getting worse, (may be pre-benzo  issues again), so GI doc wants to do some scans to see what's going on.  Hope your symptoms have eased up, too.

burned- I have something like this.... It feels like it's my liver , but it's also in my flesh , kind of burning pain. Sometimes it's worse after eating , and I wonder if I'm not able to digest fats... It also spreads around the back too, definitely a burning pain sensation ..... Mines pretty constant , Exocet when I get up up in the morning , before I eat , which makes me think it is related to food and digestion somehow......

Let us know if anything comes back on your scans , I'd like to know .

Thanks ,

MiYu

This is a huge issue for me; I think there's been a lot of damage over time; plus i've an esopogeal conditon and have a lot of laser endoscopic surgeries that are cumulatively fairly battering; and a LOT of destructive insane Nexium on to direct osteporsosis, and other iatrogenic serious shit. If there's a dangerous presciption deadly drug epidemic; it's nexiu, and the glyophosphates like fosamax they'll make you sicker with, from taking the nexium, whcih makes you sick; or made me sick lets' say...

the dietary infromation about how high fiber, low fiber, animal fats or whatever is always widely contradictory, so I've had togo down some hard useless paths along the way....what i have started is a protocl from the gutsense.com protocol and products; tho I've only been taking for a few weeks, and it's long process to this messed up and will not be an instant recovery from all kinds of digestive related damage...

...the initial results seem to very postive; he will sound radical to a lot of people...and have his critics i am sure...but in case that might help someone else or increase the knowledge base, I wanted to share the info...it has made a pretty remarkable difference over a month...i have to take responsibility for taking just the right amounts in dosages, and go slowly and gently....some things might be more damanged than I know...and i don't know for sure...but this has made a lot of sense to me; and when finally i dove in and gave it a try; so far it is doing exactly what he's talking about....

he's straight ahead about specific ingredients if you think you can do better or as well with another supplier, and quality of high grade powders that your systgem absorbs, not pee away chemicals combinants and acutal vitamin / mineral therapy...

...so that's refreshing; no hocus pocus; it makes sense 'gutsense' haha to someone or not....so far so good; i will report or share if someone is interested; or can help me or advise for or against and such...for me it's part of the detoxification, or regulating, upregulating, downloading whatever...i have moments of clarity about all the defintions and concepts then moments where I am a compelte moron, as it goes at 7 months out and still pretty symptomatic...but improved somehow still here....tenuously...

barretts esophagus; kept coming back in large dyspastic segments; been literally 3rd degree burned in that slender tube way over a dozen times; to the point where i won't have them anymore no matter what; i eventually got pronounced hard edema right after an intense series of these over a year; i am three times as sick as i was before treatment....!!  i don't think i'm going to have any more regular colonoscopies every few years, and def too sick to let them endoscopic and burn again...in major university teaching hospital too, which si more part of the problem than the solution actually, at times for some people...

so that's a little of the background; ten years of double doze brand Nexium and it killed my health; i've stopped less than a year ago....

i won't take the fosamax for the osteoprosis it gave me, cause well, because it's an insane therapy aimed at increasing 'density' per se, by stopping the nmormal way bones re-gnerate, ike forever and completely maybe...intenhtionally; and will increase density but it will be brittle and more prone to breakage...insane...

so those gut issues are paramounht to me; a long way to go; i'm single and no cook; and have been way sick for a long time, even tho seven months out...so my next score will be a crock pot, i have to figure this out; i've been sick a long time with benzo withrawal from k, but have had the worst of most of the more violent symptomoly, full on ct stuff, mitigated sigificantly...hang in there...

i have had good resutls so far from this guy... 

https://www.gutsense.org/

MiYu-yeah, I bet our digestion can take a hit during withdrawal.  I hope it goes away for you soon.  Will let you know if scans find anything.

beelyboy:  so sorry you are going through so much but, glad you are seeing some progress with the gutsense protocol.  Seems like more and more is coming out about the dangers of Nexium and Fosamax.  Glad you are off the Nexium and not taking the Fosamax.  My husband is going to try to taper Prilosec at some point. There's an online workshop about osteoporosis and building better bones going on right now and it looks pretty good.  Edit:  oops, they are charging for the workshop-darn.  However, I read a good book on osteoporosis and the author talks a little bit about Nexium type drugs and how to rebuild lost bone naturally.  It's called:  Your Bones by Lara Pizzorno, MA, LMT and Jonathan V. Wright, MD.  I totally agree with the gutsense author about how colonoscopy prep can cause dysbiosis and other issues.  It really made a mess of my GI for sure and I'm still dealing with the fall out.

HOPE02:  I've heard that aloe vera juice help with constipation and is very healing for the lining of the gut as well.

Not tapering right now but when I take ativan I get extremely sharp pains in the gut?

Is this normal? I have had issues with heartburn before but this feeling is different. its like someone is stabbing me in the stomach. Would changing to prescription to sublingual change this? I'm in so much pain I dont know what to do. I already take a PPI and what I thought was reflux is the reason why I quit my taper. I had an endoscopy done just 3 weeks ago and it came back clear. Im also popping antacids like they're candy but nothing is helping with this pain. I dont think this is a withdrawal symptom as the pain comes a few minutes after I take my dose. I actually think the ativan is destroying the lining of my stomach. Anyone ever have any issues like this?

I was diagnosed with gastritis and find that aloe vera juice/capsules (the kind without diarrhea causing properties), de-glyceryzzed licorice (DGL) and marshmallow tea are helpful and soothing. 

I have gotten the stabbing pains in the gut, too.  Maybe the Ativan is causing the gut muscles to clench up or spasm?

I was diagnosed with gastritis and find that aloe vera juice/capsules (the kind without diarrhea causing properties), de-glyceryzzed licorice (DGL) and marshmallow tea are helpful and soothing. 

I have gotten the stabbing pains in the gut, too.  Maybe the Ativan is causing the gut muscles to clench up or spasm?

I just started DGL again. I had great success with DGL and L-Glutamine before I started my taper. Im starting to realize these stomach issues are very common for benzo users