Remeron HELPS benzo withdrawal.

[...]

In my experience remeron helped with my insomnia and some other debilitating mental symptoms, but at 15mg it was also activating and stimulating in a weird way, so I tapered it and am now on 3.75. I do have severe cog fog and fatigue during the day, but I can't  say if it's  due to the remeron or underling benzo withdrawal. I also wake up feeling medicated (like a sedative does to you so that's not a surprise). But that lightens during the day after I get up, stretch, and go about my daily job of distraction.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [pa...]

• [Sm...]

• [Th...]

• 2 weeks later...
I would think it increases cog fog at lower doses, since it's sedating. It's like giving an antihistamine to dementia patients, that's a no no because it'll only increase their risk for being more confused temporarily. That's my take. Would my cog fog be better or worse without the mirtazapine? Don't know but it's at least helping me sleep.

Sorry for the 20 questions but I have one more if you guys would be so kind to answer. Do the sedating effects increase depression or anhedonia?

Remeron made my life even more miserable. Got severe head/ scalp pain on it and still suffering 24/7 from it even I came off 17 months ago.

I would not touch it again, but I know is helping some people.