• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [pa...]

• [Sm...]

• [Th...]

Remeron is the bomb! Best AD ever. Helps with sleep, mood, appetite. I cut from 3 mg of Ativan to 1 mg in just a few months with the help of Remeron. Hoping to cut more soon after a failed C/O to Valium.

Remeron is the bomb! Best AD ever. Helps with sleep, mood, appetite. I cut from 3 mg of Ativan to 1 mg in just a few months with the help of Remeron. Hoping to cut more soon after a failed C/O to Valium.

:thumbsup:

Pdoc suggested to me to take the Remeron, I am so afraid of meds right now, don't want something else to taper off of!

I will keep reading this thread, maybe get more motivated with it??

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

I've been on remeron since jan 6 to feb 8th @3.75 mg. was getting revved up towards the end so I figured I could just stop. 9 days later I got slammed with headache nausea anxiety sleepless and lots more. Decided to go back on late feb after 14days @ 1/8th of a 15 mg pill (1.87mg). Today I'm on the same dose. I did try per my doc to taper off by skipping a dose weekly which was a huge mistake.that was two weeks ago I'm still trying to stabalize on the same low dose. It dose help me sleep most of the time but there are time it dose not. I get RLS ocationaly noise sensitive dizzy headaches anxiety shakiness in hands jaw, mood swings depresion and desperation as well as some derealazation. Some may think its benzo WD since I've been off only 4 months, but getting some of the above sxs now when I did not have them in acute is strange. Anyway I need out of this drug, so whether I stablize or not, I'm starting to taper before this drug(which has helped some) continues to make things worst for me.

Jrod

• 2 months later...
I took it and had anakenesia- horrid night- the remron made me so sleepy but the anakenesia kept me from sleeping. Everyone is different. ( that was on a half dose)

jrod.  why are you in such a hurry to get off remeron?    i planned to stay on 7.5 for several months.  i had

to quit because i thought it was causing my paresthesia.  i went down to 3.75 for two weeks, then stopped. no

withdrawal symptoms yet.

What time of the day do you guys take your remeron? What dosage do you take also?

Because of its strong sedative effect, it's usually recommended that you take it just before bed.

I took 22.5-30 mg/day.  I usually took just 22.5, at bedtime, but if I felt anxious, I would sometimes take another 7.5 late afternoon.  My pdoc said most of her patients could not take it during the day.

I have a bottle of Remron -the first time I took it I took 7.5 mg finally slept. The next night I took it and I had RLS. Did not take it for long time after that but SX  got bad so I decided to take 3.75 and no RLS - good sleep- no morning cortosal  issues- I am afraid to take it regularly so I am saving it for when I get lower in my taper in case I have trouble. As long as I can keep tapering without it I'm going to but when things get bad – if they get bad then I will have that to fall back on-at the lower dose.

What it does is gives me the idea that there may be some sort of chemical help if I need it-I do not want to fail I am tired tired tired of April I have been trying to get off this crap off and on since 2003!

• 1 month later...

Great information here :)

I am considering trying Remeron in very small doses to help with anxiety & panic. I have a prescription for 7mg tablets, and would quarter them and only try the 1/4 pill to begin with. I'm not looking to "amp" my symptoms up, lol!

I also take the following:

10mg nortriptyline, 1 per day

5-10mg propranolol, as needed

I've recently tried 7.5mg hydroxyzine, but did not notice a significant effect. I did happen to feel "akasithia"(sp?) over the couple days I tried it. I am sure it was from a wave, and not from the hydroxyzine. I will give it a week or so and try it once more to confirm if it was the cause or not.

Anyways, there you have it!

Thanks everyone for all your input! Its very helpful indeed :)

Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

I would like to try remeron, but I was put on 200mg of Zoloft at the time I was taken off klonopin cold turkey.  I have read that taking remeron with an ssri can cause problems.  I already started tapering the Zoloft to 175mg because of unwanted side effects.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

NR

That's a pretty hefty dose of Zoloft. If memory serves me, I think the therapeutic dose is 75 mg.  Bets

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Due to increased evening anxiety, some mild sleep issue (waking several times a night 1 month out of last benzo dose) as well as surgery this past February I felt I needed something to assist mood for a couple of months until my body could stabilize from surgery and benzo w/d. I had my doc prescribe me Remeron and I took my first dose (7.5mg) at 9pm. It took awhile to fall asleep (I didn't take my usual 1.5mg of melatonin so not sure if it was the cause) but, wow when I did fall a sleep it was deep!

When I woke up I felt like I could have gone another 4 hours of sleep. I have some definite drowsiness today- did anyone else experience this with their first time taking and does the daytime drowsiness subside over time? Thanks- it was this thread that really got me thinking of taking Remeron.

I would like to try remeron, but I was put on 200mg of Zoloft at the time I was taken off klonopin cold turkey.  I have read that taking remeron with an ssri can cause problems.  I already started tapering the Zoloft to 175mg because of unwanted side effects.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

NR

That's a pretty hefty dose of Zoloft. If memory serves me, I think the therapeutic dose is 75 mg.  Bets

I am also on the max dose of zoloft as well as 30mg remeron. It is definitely helping. Apparently SSRI's work best for OCD at the max dosage. I have had OCD ever since benzo w/d. Obsessive thoughts and compulsions.

NotRight if you still care about the whole zoloft with remeron thing it's safe to take. It can cause serotonin syndrome but this is EXTREMELY rare we're talking 1 in 10,000. You can get serotonin syndrome by just taking zoloft alone. I have taken them together for many months with no problems.

Hey peeps,

I have been somewhat depressed today and it's not been great even though my day has been low anxiety wise, I think I am feeling depressed because of lack of progress, I don't mind tapering super slow but I wish there were something to help with the anxiety just a little...

I have pretty much decided that I ought to seriously consider Remeron now because my gut feeling is that I will feel better once I reach 2 mgs Valium equivalent based on the healing I have done so far, the thing is, if I carry on tapering super slow (which I have to) then it could take me 2 years, maybe even a bit longer to reach 2 mgs and that is a long time to be doing this without any sleep aid and to be honest, if it helps with anxiety and depression AND helps me sleep, then I would rather have this help on board.

I have factored into this that I will no doubt be on the Remeron for a long time but it may just help shorten my taper just a little, not saying it will help that much so lets just say it may help as I still taper super slow, it won't be such a big deal if the Remeron is helping me and I feel if this taper is going to last that much longer, I will need an anti depressant anyway as this is enough to depress anyone... as for the weight gain, that doesn't bother me at all.

I would essentially want to be benzo free for 2 years before tapering off it, so I am looking at starting Remeron and staying on it for possibly many years...

I do not think it would be a good idea to start Remeron and taper off it during benzo withdrawal, that is the impression I get, so basically I need to find out if my doctor is agreeable to putting me on Remeron long term, there is no doubt in my mind that there may be withdrawal after a good few years of use but I can't see it being as bad as benzo withdrawal, I just can't and if it is that hard to taper off, I will just stay on it and taper a little as and when... to me, being on an anti depressant is better than being on a benzo... I know a lot of people are on anti depressants and I am sure many stay on indefinitely, all this being totally med free is hard going, I need something to help me at least finish this taper and from what I have read here, it seems to me to be worth trying.

I am NOT expecting a miracle cure to this benzo withdrawal but after my struggle, any help no matter how small with anxiety and depression will be a massive welcome, even if I still taper super slow, if Remeron can put a little sunshine into my mood and help take the edge off and sleep also, I am pretty much all for giving it a go.

I will discuss it with my doctor and I may get a script and cash it, I may not start it straight away, I will see how I feel when I stabilize again but if I keep hitting walls and find I am getting depressed because my taper is taking so long, I think the Remeron may help with that, if it masks any symptoms at all I think it could be a lifesaver for me, sometimes we need something to help us along this journey, yes, I will be on another drug but I am pretty much OK with that at this point in time.

I just want to be benzo free and yet I don't want to battle anxiety AND depression for the next few years getting off the benzo, it has gotten to the point where it actually makes no real sense not to give this a try... I may just end up very glad I gave it a try, it seems some here absolutely feel they would not have made it off the benzo had it not been for this drug and I suspect I could be the same.

There seem to be more pros than cons at this stage so I will talk to my doctor about it tomorrow although I know he was against the idea some time ago... I will put my case to him and see what he has to say, if he does not want me on it, I would like to know why, a family member seems to think I cold benefit from going on an anti depressant for awhile and I think it could really help me also.

CoACO, I was first prescribed Remeron at 15 mg. That was too much so I cut it down to 7.5.  Still too much. Tried a fourth of my round tablet which equals 3.75. Perfect. I put it under my tongue to melt and absorb sublingually after I'm in bed. It acts very quickly that way. I still wake up a bit slow, but not groggy through the morning.

Oscar, giving remeron a try might be a great thing. I wouldn't get too attached at this point to how long you might need it, etc. If there's anything I've learned in benzoland, it is to not make plans out in advance. Because benzo healing is NOT linear, things can change overnight, day to day, week to week, and month to month.  Many people report being much better below 2 mg valium and you may well be one of them.  I have stopped remeron twice for a week to 10 days with no problem. I had no depression from stopping and I also slept just fine with 200mg of suntheanine just before bed; its very relaxing and a nice glutamate blocker and bdnf increaser. It was nice to know I didn't have any major dependency issues with the remeron.  On depression, I know that being outdoors and getting some sunshine, some degree of movement to move the qi, and harmonize with earth frequencies is very helpful for depression.  In eastern medicine, stagnancy is considered a chief prompter of depression.  Back when I was in extreme condition with my benzo hell and at 77 pounds, I was told by a therapist to just sit in a chair in my yard outside for 20 minutes several times a day and listen to the birds and sounds of nature. A park bench would suffice also. The negative ions outside are very calming and indoor environments are usually more positively charged which is not so good. The best negative ions are at the foot of a waterfall or at the waters edge at a beach.

Well, I guess I got off the topic of remeron, but Remeron has been a good thing for me. I hope you enjoy it's benefits also. 

If only this drug worked for me. Doesn't even work pre-taper but it does help with GI issues. I also don't really feel like gaining more weight on it even though I'm not overweight. The antithyroid drugs already aid with weight gain so it's too much.

Can't sleep well on Rem. 3 hours on a good night. What are the alternatives? Seroquel/ Traz? Ugh.

I'm currently in a bad wave with bad depression and mild anxiety and I'm seriously considering an AD like Mirtazapine, I'm just so tired of feeling like this - I just feel so hopeless :( I think I'm going to book an appointment tomorrow if these symptoms don't let up...

I'm currently in a bad wave with bad depression and mild anxiety and I'm seriously considering an AD like Mirtazapine, I'm just so tired of feeling like this - I just feel so hopeless :( I think I'm going to book an appointment tomorrow if these symptoms don't let up...

The depression sucks mega ass, I remember it. I wish you the best of luck.

Yeah it's worse than the anxiety, as least with anxiety I could distract myself from it but with depression it just cripples me and I don't want to do anything other than give up :/ I'm going to book an appointment tomorrow then to see if my doc will prescribe me some :)

Remeron should help you out quite a bit. I think the anxiety was probably the worst thing for me. Well it's either the obsessive thoughts or the anxiety. I remember laying in bed experiencing TERROR that I was going to literally die and fade out of existence. Acute w/d was ridiculous...

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering Remeron as an option now. At 25 months off the head pressure, fatigue pain, insomnia are making me suicidal and desperate.

Is it effective at low dosage PRN (as need basis)? I just want it to relax my muscles and control the disabling fatigue and give me decent sleep.

Please share your thoughts whether it helped with these symptoms. Also I hope it won't cause withdrawal misery of it's own when I stop it.

• 3 weeks later...
Been horribly depressed. New pdoc wants to up remeron from 15 to 22.5. Wants me to take in am instead of pm. What do you buddies think. Has anyone had success at this dose for depression.

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]