Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group

[Is...]

So I’m 16 mo into what I’ve thought to be benzo PAWS, having been tapered too fast from Klonopin (after 3 years of non-abusive daily use at 0.5 mg) by my negligent old doc - benzo free since Aug 2020. To mitigate the worst, I was given gabapentin (“gabaP”) and no guidance. The gabaP did help, but after a year presumed benzo PAWS it became clear that a) I should have ended use of gabaP long before and b) it was dragging out the benzo withdrawal/PAWS.

Never went above 300 mg/day of GabaP (3 doses of 100 mg)…I know that’s super low but I also know it can have its own nasty WD when tied to benzos (been living it), so I started liquid tapering last Sep. Dropped 0.3 ml every week that I wasn’t in a heavy symptom wave. Got into a steady routine after Xmas of dropping by 0.3 ml every Fri, feeling like total shit on Sat, grinding thru Sun, then feeling tolerably miserable thru the next Fri - unless the rare benzo wave had hit.

That was the pattern until the Fri before last, when I dropped down to 1.2 ml. Sat was oddly ok (a 5/10 maybe), then Sun hit like a brick and I was a pathetic mess curled up in bed all day (2-3/10). Mon I dragged myself to my internship and class, barely (3-4/10). Tue, again a wreck in bed all day with sweats, shakes, alienation and DP/DR, headache, intrusive thoughts, panic, etc (2-3/10). Wed, again terrible but made it to work/class, (3-4/10). Thurs ended as a 2/10 + depression. Not sure if it’s a benzo wave or I’ve crossed a gabaP taper point too fast but I didn’t drop last Fri - just feeling too intensely alienated, agitated, and defeated.

I planned to end the taper mid-March, before spring break. Now I think it may be better to slow down and end gabaP taper after graduating in May. Then what? I’m looking at an unknown frontier and my new psychiatrist, who does care, has little advice. Im not even sure if I’m facing Benzo PAWS or just a really drawn out withdrawal from 2 complex meds that complicate each other. Am I facing months of post-gabaP benzo recovery this summer? Is benzo recovery still active now, or stalled til gabaP is gone from my system? I just don’t understand how it works. My *plan* is to be off the GabaP mid-May, which will give 3 months to hopefully conclude any final benzo recovery stuff that the gabaP has delayed thus far - hopefully before mid-Aug when I’ll be starting in a PhD program.

Any anecdotes, insights, advice, etc will be very much welcome!

I was on 400mg gabapentin (100mg morning and mid-day with 200mg at night) along with my zolpidem (Ambien) for a chronic pain situation which turned out to be inter-dose withdrawal to the Ambien.  I weaned off the gabapentin first since I had only been on it about 4 months.  The reduction of the first 100mg (nighttime dose) was fine, but as soon as I dropped the next 100mg all hell broke loose.  I developed widespread nerve pain throughout my body (like fibromyalgia) which incapacitated me.  So I went slower, but as it turned out it must have been masking the benzo damage from the Ambien.  If I had to do over I would have weaned off the Ambien first, then the gabapentin.

So my advice to you is just go slower.  While the gabapentin withdrawal is nasty in its own right I don't think it damages our NS as badly as the benzos.  It is possible that your low dose is still masking some benzo damage.  But I would say to listen to your body and if a reduction is just too much, just go slower.  It has a short half-life so when you reduce you may want to reduce but still spread out your doses 3X a day equally.  It seems like you set up artificial deadline (which I understand) but your body knows best.  Let the symptoms guide you.

Good Luck!

I was on 400mg gabapentin (100mg morning and mid-day with 200mg at night) along with my zolpidem (Ambien) for a chronic pain situation which turned out to be inter-dose withdrawal to the Ambien.  I weaned off the gabapentin first since I had only been on it about 4 months.  The reduction of the first 100mg (nighttime dose) was fine, but as soon as I dropped the next 100mg all hell broke loose.  I developed widespread nerve pain throughout my body (like fibromyalgia) which incapacitated me.  So I went slower, but as it turned out it must have been masking the benzo damage from the Ambien.  If I had to do over I would have weaned off the Ambien first, then the gabapentin.

So my advice to you is just go slower.  While the gabapentin withdrawal is nasty in its own right I don't think it damages our NS as badly as the benzos.  It is possible that your low dose is still masking some benzo damage.  But I would say to listen to your body and if a reduction is just too much, just go slower.  It has a short half-life so when you reduce you may want to reduce but still spread out your doses 3X a day equally.  It seems like you set up artificial deadline (which I understand) but your body knows best.  Let the symptoms guide you.

Good Luck!

Thanks for those insights. You’re correct that the deadlines are relatively artificial, though I’m trying to remain adaptable within certain tentative/ideal constraints. Fortunately I’ve been benzo free for 16 months, so I’m hoping that distance will help move things along without much trouble. Quite right about listening to the body…should have trusted my instincts a year ago but I didn’t, so now I’m paying the price. Just wish I knew what’s likely to happen once the gabapentin is out of my system…

Again, my thanks!

Hello fellow warriors :))

My neurologist prescribed Neurontin (Gabapentin) 200 mg a day for my axonal polyneuropathy (large fiber).  I have started using it for a week but am hesitant to continue.

My question is :

1.  for members with polyneuropathy, why have you decided to come off the drug and how do you cope with pain without medication.

2. How does gabapentin withdrawal compare do benzo withdrawal? (For those who experienced both)

I have been bromazepam free for 6 months, really hesitant to start a new addictive, tolerance building drug. But I have no idea how to manage my pain.

My neurologist prescribed Neurontin (Gabapentin) 200 mg a day for my axonal polyneuropathy (large fiber).  I have started using it for a week but am hesitant to continue.

My question is :

1.  for members with polyneuropathy, why have you decided to come off the drug and how do you cope with pain without medication.

2. How does gabapentin withdrawal compare do benzo withdrawal? (For those who experienced both)

I have been bromazepam free for 6 months, really hesitant to start a new addictive, tolerance building drug. But I have no idea how to manage my pain.

have you tried low dose naltrexone?  I can't talk about pain treatment, I know that there are people who have benefited from the pain, and apparently the discontinuation of gabapetin and lyrical resemble the symptoms similar to benzodiazepines, these being for most people much milder but still bad, being worse for others, tapering is necessary as they create dependency,  perhaps you could exhaust the other alternatives first? alpha lipoic acid, palmitoylethanolamide, curcumin curowihite and low doses of naltrexone are used for pain and you should give a shot prior

Maybe reinstate on Valium and do a slow taper.  Not sure…you are far out.

Thanks so much for your advice.  I’ve been advised not to re-I stare & do a slow taper as I’m too far out. The last month of Valium use I was deep in tolerance withdrawal (didn’t know what the symptoms were at the time). Does gabapentin help with severe mental symptoms or just physical?  Thanks for your advice.

bes, going back in time pregabalin managed to mask severe mental symptoms when i was at 10 months away from benzos, see signature, i know you are 2 years off, many people find themselves getting better at 3 years of even 48 months like meganz, so if you cant stand anymore at least find the smallest dose possible that can really bring relief,

My question is :

I'm sorry to hear about your neuropathy. I have a lot of problems with small fiber neuropathy. I used palmitoylethanolamide in the past and found it helpful. It can be expensive. What helped me the most was figuring out I had triggers (mostly autoimmune) and avoiding them.

The problem with gabapetin is you tend to habituate to it. Then you have to keep upping your dose. And what do you do when you reach the upper limit and that no longer works?

I have paused my gabapentin taper to taper a different med. The taper was like a less severe benzo taper for me. For most people the taper seems to get harder as they get lower likely because gabapentin is much more highly absorbed at the lower doses.

You said you are on 200mg. Is that 100mg twice/day? Just something to know, gabapentin is a short-acting drug and may need to be dosed 3x/day to avoid interdose symptoms.

My question is :

I'm sorry to hear about your neuropathy. I have a lot of problems with small fiber neuropathy. I used palmitoylethanolamide in the past and found it helpful. It can be expensive. What helped me the most was figuring out I had triggers (mostly autoimmune) and avoiding them.

The problem with gabapetin is you tend to habituate to it. Then you have to keep upping your dose. And what do you do when you reach the upper limit and that no longer works?

I have paused my gabapentin taper to taper a different med. The taper was like a less severe benzo taper for me. For most people the taper seems to get harder as they get lower likely because gabapentin is much more highly absorbed at the lower doses.

You said you are on 200mg. Is that 100mg twice/day? Just something to know, gabapentin is a short-acting drug and may need to be dosed 3x/day to avoid interdose symptoms.

Prescribed dosage is 100 mg once or twice a day. I'm taking 100 mg two times  a day.

I am also taking alpha lipoic acid 600 mg daily. And PEA 1200 mg. Curcumin and B vitamins as well. Haven't noticed improvements.

What dosage of PEA are you taking?

My question is :

have you tried low dose naltrexone?  I can't talk about pain treatment, I know that there are people who have benefited from the pain, and apparently the discontinuation of gabapetin and lyrical resemble the symptoms similar to benzodiazepines, these being for most people much milder but still bad, being worse for others, tapering is necessary as they create dependency,  perhaps you could exhaust the other alternatives first? alpha lipoic acid, palmitoylethanolamide, curcumin curowihite and low doses of naltrexone are used for pain and you should give a shot prior

I haven't tried naltrexone, is it over the counter? Doubt doctor would agree to change meds, he insists my gaba dosage is not dangerous.

My question is :

Prescribed dosage is 100 mg once or twice a day. I'm taking 100 mg two times  a day.

I am also taking alpha lipoic acid 600 mg daily. And PEA 1200 mg. Curcumin and B vitamins as well. Haven't noticed improvements.

What dosage of PEA are you taking?

I no longer take PEA, but when I did I think I started at three times what the package said. I was working with a doctor who knew about PEA who told me he had a patient who took even more than that with no adverse effects. I took it at that level for 6 weeks and saw improvement, so I lowered it to double what the package said (to save money). Eventually I lowered it to the package dose. It does take awhile for it to work. I think (not sure exactly the numbers) that if you don't see any improvement in 6 weeks, you could be a non-responder. If you see some improvement, you may need more time or a higher dose. If you see great improvement you can try lowering the dose to save money.

I weaned off of the PEA because my dietary changes were helping so much that I was no longer in constant terrible pain and because it was expensive.

My question is :

I haven't tried naltrexone, is it over the counter? Doubt doctor would agree to change meds, he insists my gaba dosage is not dangerous.

It is a very low gabapentin dose. It's probably not dangerous per se. The trouble is when you habituate to it and need to up it or wean off of it. It's a slippery slope.

Has anyone told you the cause of the neuropathy?

My question is :

It is a very low gabapentin dose. It's probably not dangerous per se. The trouble is when you habituate to it and need to up it or wean off of it. It's a slippery slope.

Neurologist thinks it could be my Hyperinsulinemia and Hashimoto. Other doctors are sceptical about that theory but haven't  provided their own explanation of possible cause (I guess they don't know).

You mentioned diet helped your pain. May I ask what kind of diet? No sugar or gluten?

My question is :

Neurologist thinks it could be my Hyperinsulinemia and Hashimoto. Other doctors are sceptical about that theory but haven't  provided their own explanation of possible cause (I guess they don't know).

You mentioned diet helped your pain. May I ask what kind of diet? No sugar or gluten?

When my neuropathic pain started I was given the diagnosis of "idiopathic small fiber neuropathy." Yeah, it means they don't know. A dietitian told me to go on an elimination diet. I told her I was such a wreck and hardly sleeping and newly divorced with 2 kids, so it was just too hard. She said, "Well then just get rid of gluten. It's usually gluten." My primary doctor also told me sugar can trigger neuropathic pain in people, so I cut way back on that, too. But I got rid of every speck of gluten. Or I thought I did. That was much harder than I imagined. Eventually I even had to get gluten out of my house because of cross contamination with what my kids were eating. The better I got at no gluten, the lower my pain. When I got to the point that my pain was low and predictable, I did a gluten challenge. Big pain flare up. Went off again. A year later I tried the same thing. Same result. I went to a neurologist who told me clearly I had gluten-sensitive neuropathy and to stop doing gluten challenges. Be gluten free. It's a bummer because absolutely 100% gluten free is a very difficult thing to do. But nothing is worth going back to the pain I was in. I still keep my sugar low and that is good enough. For awhile at the beginning I also did low dairy, but now I do low dairy and primarily high fat (the dairy, that is, proteins are usually the  triggers). I think once a person's gut heals, they can eat more variety of foods. Gluten is a gut irritant even for people without autoimmune disorders.

There's a lot of info out there on healing diets for people with autoimmune disorders. I read a lot. A lot of the diets are very complicated. Basically you need to figure out your trigger/s. A good book about nutrition and what is good and bad for our guts is It Starts With Food. I never followed it perfectly because I don't think it's perfect, but I follow a lot of its principles.

Interesting how gluten can be such a trigger. For me stress is by far biggest trigger.

I tried going gluten free for three weeks and it was very hard, didn't nitice improvement.

It is very difficult for me to adjust and find alternative foods to those having gluten and sugar. Simply having too much in my life for the past year or two, don't have that discipline to persist. But I guess I'll try it again.

Thank you for your info, glad you are feeling better than before.

My question is :

When my neuropathic pain started I was given the diagnosis of "idiopathic small fiber neuropathy." Yeah, it means they don't know. A dietitian told me to go on an elimination diet. I told her I was such a wreck and hardly sleeping and newly divorced with 2 kids, so it was just too hard. She said, "Well then just get rid of gluten. It's usually gluten." My primary doctor also told me sugar can trigger neuropathic pain in people, so I cut way back on that, too. But I got rid of every speck of gluten. Or I thought I did. That was much harder than I imagined. Eventually I even had to get gluten out of my house because of cross contamination with what my kids were eating. The better I got at no gluten, the lower my pain. When I got to the point that my pain was low and predictable, I did a gluten challenge. Big pain flare up. Went off again. A year later I tried the same thing. Same result. I went to a neurologist who told me clearly I had gluten-sensitive neuropathy and to stop doing gluten challenges. Be gluten free. It's a bummer because absolutely 100% gluten free is a very difficult thing to do. But nothing is worth going back to the pain I was in. I still keep my sugar low and that is good enough. For awhile at the beginning I also did low dairy, but now I do low dairy and primarily high fat (the dairy, that is, proteins are usually the  triggers). I think once a person's gut heals, they can eat more variety of foods. Gluten is a gut irritant even for people without autoimmune disorders.

There's a lot of info out there on healing diets for people with autoimmune disorders. I read a lot. A lot of the diets are very complicated. Basically you need to figure out your trigger/s. A good book about nutrition and what is good and bad for our guts is It Starts With Food. I never followed it perfectly because I don't think it's perfect, but I follow a lot of its principles.

I find your story fascinating.  I too have found that gluten (or wheat) makes my withdrawal symptoms worse.  I have a nerve pain pattern on my left side which started while on Ambien and has worsened with tapering and withdrawal.  I have to assume the drug caused the nerve damage, and it is slowly improving, but just came to realize that when I eat wheat/gluten, my Sx escalate starting about 24 hours later.  I've researched this and it sounds like a non-Celiac-gluten sensitivity, but I never heard that it could cause/worsen neuropathy.  Is this an auto-immune attack on the nervous system?  I too already have Hashimoto's since age 26, but never had any other autoimmune issues until this horrid experience coming off the benzo. 

I'm hoping beyond all hope that it is temporary.  Being Gluten free is so hard, You are the first fellow buddie I've seen who mentions the gluten connection with your symptoms.  When did your neuropathy start?  Do you think it is from the benzo damage?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting how gluten can be such a trigger. For me stress is by far biggest trigger.

I tried going gluten free for three weeks and it was very hard, didn't nitice improvement.

It is very difficult for me to adjust and find alternative foods to those having gluten and sugar. Simply having too much in my life for the past year or two, don't have that discipline to persist. But I guess I'll try it again.

Thank you for your info, glad you are feeling better than before.

I wish you success, and if you try an elimination diet again, do a little research about hidden sources of whatever you are eliminating. It took me quite awhile to get it right.

My question is :

I find your story fascinating.  I too have found that gluten (or wheat) makes my withdrawal symptoms worse.  I have a nerve pain pattern on my left side which started while on Ambien and has worsened with tapering and withdrawal.  I have to assume the drug caused the nerve damage, and it is slowly improving, but just came to realize that when I eat wheat/gluten, my Sx escalate starting about 24 hours later.  I've researched this and it sounds like a non-Celiac-gluten sensitivity, but I never heard that it could cause/worsen neuropathy.  Is this an auto-immune attack on the nervous system?  I too already have Hashimoto's since age 26, but never had any other autoimmune issues until this horrid experience coming off the benzo. 

I'm hoping beyond all hope that it is temporary.  Being Gluten free is so hard, You are the first fellow buddie I've seen who mentions the gluten connection with your symptoms.  When did your neuropathy start?  Do you think it is from the benzo damage?

Thanks in advance!

The lag you are describing does sound autoimmune. I almost always have that lag, too, usually a couple of days for my immune system to get revved up enough to start attacking me.

My original neuropathy started before the benzos. I had it under control but it came roaring back in benzo withdrawal. I suspect that may have been direct neurological damage from the benzos/taper. Kind of drove me nuts. I never knew if I was tapering too fast and needed to slow down or if I had been somehow glutened.

Once I was done tapering, things got better again. I think both the autoimmune gluten sensitivity and the benzo tapers were contributing to the flareups during my taper.

I do not know if I have Celiac disease or non-Celiac sensitivity because I went gluten-free without getting a Celiac test. I believe they both can cause neuropathy. In my case, I had a skin punch biopsy (before the benzos) that showed the small nerve fibers in my skin were deteriorating. On the recommendation of a friend, I went to her neurologist (mine was clueless) who took my history and told me I had gluten-sensitive autoimmune neuropathy, didn't matter Celiac or not, just stop eating gluten. And when I finally got every last speck of gluten out of my house, I improved tremendously. I searched Celiac websites to learn how to do that. It wasn't easy! I doubt I would have been able to do it if my pain hadn't been such a powerful motivator. I don't really miss gluten any more. What I miss is being able to share food with people. I never realized how important food was to socializing until I lost the ability to share food.

Thanks Gardener!  I agree - food is the basis for connecting with ppl and I hate being THAT person who always has to check and question.  Because I've been going through this so long, ppl think I'm just uber persnickety.  They have no idea what we go through and how much we suffer. Unfortunately we are Italian and my husband loves to make pasta and bread - geesh.  I don't really miss the wheat either - just that following the diet is a pain.  But obviously there is something to all this diet stuff - Not sure I'll bother to get a sensitivity test either.  I'm gonna give it another year of healing then do a challenge.  Taking it one step at a time.

Strangely, my father became allergic to eggs for a time in his later years.  Lasted for 2 years and then it was ok again.  The human body is so complicated.

Thanks Gardener!  I agree - food is the basis for connecting with ppl and I hate being THAT person who always has to check and question.  Because I've been going through this so long, ppl think I'm just uber persnickety.  They have no idea what we go through and how much we suffer. Unfortunately we are Italian and my husband loves to make pasta and bread - geesh.  I don't really miss the wheat either - just that following the diet is a pain.  But obviously there is something to all this diet stuff - Not sure I'll bother to get a sensitivity test either.  I'm gonna give it another year of healing then do a challenge.  Taking it one step at a time.

Strangely, my father became allergic to eggs for a time in his later years.  Lasted for 2 years and then it was ok again.  The human body is so complicated.

Best wishes to you. :)

bes55, i replied your question about having relief from mental symptoms, because another convo started maybe you didnt saw,

do any of you experienced some sort of lack in mental corrdination to do things while withdrawing from.lyrica? rremembering what happens to people recovering from alcohol when it affects coordination, not only motor but from mental to physical, I wanted to know if this symptom was experienced by anyone else , thanks in advance

Hello.. I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot, but I'm not really knowledgeable on the terms yet..

The reason I started taking them was because I didn't like taking pain meds and was told they were pretty safe to take for a lot of pain in my ribs. I'm not even going to lie after a short period I noticed It was making me way more easy going and light and I started to abuse them.. I'd still take the 600 x3 a day but I'd break them into 300s. I wanted to stop because this year because I started to notice I was having memory issues and it was getting hard for me to pee, but it would go away when I stop taking the meds for a few days.

I've been taking this shit for about 6 years at 600mg x3 a day. I decided I needed to stop sometime November 2021 went CT without any knowledge. ended up in the ER twice from racing heart and massive panic attacks...They said I had to taper which I did over the month of December 2021. (very fast)

week 1: 300mg 3x a day

week 2: 300mg 2x a day

week 3: i started to break a 300mg in half 2x a day

week 4: just small cuts of half a 300mg... again I had no clue what I was really doing. Nor did I have a guide. Doctor was clueless not really a help what so ever..

The taper actually did help at first, but around week 3 things got hard. Now it's hell on earth.. I stopped taking any Monday of Jan again and while my heart wasn't going as nuts, it's like my brain is broken.. I just have a deep, deep depression. I don't feel like doing anything but lay around and cry. I cry for 0 reason what so ever and I wasn't depressed before I started them.

I don't eat well and I've lost around 20 pounds just from the stress and anxiety.

I feel fine outside of the mental side of things, or did... this month i got weird burning in my head and the side of my neck also a mega stiff neck and what feels like draining inside my Eustachian tube?

I'm horrified and scared I've ruined myself by doing such a fast taper. I still had dreams, hopes, goals... now it's hard to just move and it breaks me apart thinking that I'll never get close to them now.

I'm beyond scared! I have no clue who to see or what to do. I have no clue what is WD and what isn't. I don't know where to ask for help and I really don't know what I should be doing..

I am scared to even start a taper again because I've heard that's not a good idea most of the time.. I've been off for amount a month and a half at this point.. any advice or help is welcome.. :'(

My plans as of right now is to see an ENT and Therapist, but i'll refuse any drug they offer.. I don't want to mess myself up any more. I quit taking rosuvastatin 5 mg Friday (took it for a week) it was starting to make me feel even worse for some reason. I feel better after quitting that, but not by much. I have a great support system currently with parents and friends I can't tell you how much i've cried my eyes out in my moms arms and it breaks both our hearts.. I'm 33 and I feel pathetic..

I'm sorry if this is hard to read. My thoughts are all over the place and it's hard to think clearly.

I love you all and sorry for anyone dealing with benzo and other drug related issues.. I have an insane amount of respect for the people who make it through all this..

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Today was slightly better.. I was reading more into things and I see glutamate is bad?

The more I looked into it the more I noticed I have a ton of glutamate in my diet.. I eat a lot of eggs, bananas and fruits. There is like nothing that is safe to eat really to keep my weight up.

Hey there.  I’ve been taking Gabapentin for about six weeks, at 300mg the first two weeks and 600mg the last four weeks.  I don’t like it though.  It helps my nerves I guess but I feel drugged while I’m on it and even more blah than my normal benzo withdrawal self. 

Any advice?  Given that I haven’t been on it long, I was hoping I could do this without too much pain.  But, I dropped to 400mg yesterday and am sort of starting to feel it.  At the very least, I would like to drop it to 300mg. 

Hey there.  I’ve been taking Gabapentin for about six weeks, at 300mg the first two weeks and 600mg the last four weeks.  I don’t like it though.  It helps my nerves I guess but I feel drugged while I’m on it and even more blah than my normal benzo withdrawal self. 

Any advice?  Given that I haven’t been on it long, I was hoping I could do this without too much pain.  But, I dropped to 400mg yesterday and am sort of starting to feel it.  At the very least, I would like to drop it to 300mg.

Perhaps you'd do better dropping 100mg at a time. It's not too late to backtrack to 500mg, wait a week and see how you feel, then try another 100mg if you're OK. More frequent dosing may also be helpful. I found that at lower doses I need to dose 3x/day. I'm now at 100 + 100 + 100mg. Holding there while I taper my Q.

Perhaps you'd do better dropping 100mg at a time. It's not too late to backtrack to 500mg, wait a week and see how you feel, then try another 100mg if you're OK. More frequent dosing may also be helpful. I found that at lower doses I need to dose 3x/day. I'm now at 100 + 100 + 100mg. Holding there while I taper my Q.

Thanks.  I think I’m going to bump it back up to 500mg today.  I’ve been doing 200mg x 3.  I read somewhere that the half-life is shorter at lower doses which seems strange. 

Thanks.  I think I’m going to bump it back up to 500mg today.  I’ve been doing 200mg x 3.  I read somewhere that the half-life is shorter at lower doses which seems strange.

I hadn't heard that about the half life but I did find this, which looks like a reliable source.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/020235s050,020882s035,021129s033lbl.pdf

Elimination: Gabapentin is eliminated from the systemic circulation by renal excretion as

unchanged drug. Gabapentin is not appreciably metabolized in humans.

Gabapentin elimination half-life is 5 to 7 hours and is unaltered by dose or following multiple

dosing.