Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group

[Is...]

Indeed!  I can't do the math, but one could calculate a dose/bioavailability curve which could help predict how much one is actually "reducing" from a bioavailability perspective.  No wonder when I dropped the first 100 mgs I felt nothing but all hell broke loose the lower I went. 

Could gabapentin be equivalent to diazepam?

If so, what would you guess or to be?

I mean it's safe to jump from 0.5 mg of Diaz, would that equate to 100mg of gaba?

Trying to figure out its safe for me to jump from 150mg gaba.

Not knowing how to taper gaba, when I got to  the last 100 mgs, I just dropped it. I'd been having w/ds all the way down -- headaches, dizziness, nausea-- but when I finally dropped the drug, I didn't feel any worse. Indeed, I gradually felt better once it had cleared my system . There didn't seem  to be any lingering crappy feelings. Don't know if you would have a similar experience at 150 mgs or not. Can you break the tablet, or pour out half the capsule to give you 50 mgs? Just a thought. Or, remember, it's water soluble so your could open the capsule, add to water, and titrate off the last dose.

Best to you.

Katz

ego, I've been off gabapentin for 5 years now ( I was on it for over 10 years, sad to say). When I stopped I felt better in a month, better still after 2 months, and way better after 3 months. Things levelled off then. What I noticed almost right away  was that the dizziness and headaches ebbed. The general crappy feeling and nausea took a little longer to go away.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Not knowing how to taper gaba, when I got to  the last 100 mgs, I just dropped it. I'd been having w/ds all the way down -- headaches, dizziness, nausea-- but when I finally dropped the drug, I didn't feel any worse. Indeed, I gradually felt better once it had cleared my system . There didn't seem  to be any lingering crappy feelings. Don't know if you would have a similar experience at 150 mgs or not. Can you break the tablet, or pour out half the capsule to give you 50 mgs? Just a thought. Or, remember, it's water soluble so your could open the capsule, add to water, and titrate off the last dose.

Best to you.

Katz

Thanks.

I cut a 300mg capsule and put half in tea.

I'll split in 3 then 4.

I don't feel any worse since restating and the depression isn't as bad it kicks back up in the evenings, but I think that's because I'm only taking it 2x a day and it just leaves my system during that space.

I'm mostly just really really tired and have headaches, but i'm pretty sure that's just the lack of sleep, It has yet to return, but I know for a fact it will since I've been through this once already.

I might level out in a few weeks if I don't I'll just start doing a slow taper off them anyway. Maybe I should try adding a 3rd, or split one of the 100mg into 50mg.

What is the math for the water thing? 100mg into 100ml of liquid? So 50ml = 50mg? I seen it some where on this thread, but can't find it again.

Also, how long can you keep that liquid? Thank you for your time.

If I were doing this again, I'd water taper the gaba as I did my benzo. Dissolve a 100 mg capsule into a beaker of 100 ml of water. I'd have decided on my taper amount ahead of time, then I'd suck that up in a syringe, toss it down the sink and drink the rest. No need to worry about how long you can keep the mixture. I sure wish I'd done that.

Best,

Katz

Okay so, that is how it works? 100g and 100 ml then the ml = the g amount? I hope getting my question across.

So 50ml = 50g at that point? 100ml of water seems like a lot lol

Okay so, that is how it works? 100g and 100 ml then the ml = the g amount? I hope getting my question across.

So 50ml = 50g at that point? 100ml of water seems like a lot lol

100g (GP) 100ml water= 100g

I'll use me as an example :D

I take 600mg a day. I split that into three doses. 100/200/300.( I like the 300 at night for sleeping.)

I measure 300ml warm water and empty 300mg capsule and shake it up.

I pull off 100 ml for 1st dose

save the 200ml for 2nd dose

take 300 mg capsule at night = 600mg

I take 300 ML of water and pull off 100 ML for my first dose and save

PS

I bought a very large measuring cup for this. Also a 50 ML syringe. And a 10 ML syringe for when I get lower. I bought a few shaker bottles

Galakar about this:

50ml = 50g

No, 50 ml equals 50 milligrams, not grams. Your gaba capsule contains 100 milligrams of gaba. You add this to 100 milliliters of water. Milligrams measure weight; milliliters measure volume.

When I was tapering my benzo I crushed 1 milligram (mg) of valium (half a 2 mg tablet) and added it my 100 milliliter (ml) beaker. Then I filled it with water.  I then had a 1:100 solution of valium and water. One milliliter of the solution contained .01 milligrams (one one hundredth of a gram) of valium in 100 milliliters of water. Just substitute the gaba for the valium in my example and you'll see what I'm talking about. From your solution, you'll be able to withdraw and toss away whatever amount you've decided you want to taper . . . and drink the rest. Easy peasy, no?

Hope  this helps,

Katz

And btw, 100 milliliters is just couple of swallows. ;)

I recently bump my dose up to 100mg 3x a day.. I'm slowly feeling better. I guess you just keep very slowly going up until you get back to base..I'll stick with this dose for a month. I feel like I'll end up to 200mg 3x a day and it will take years to taper but I'm willing to do it.

I can already eat better. I can even drink green tea again. Mostly what I feel currently is just slight depression and headachey. Sleep it still crap, but last night I was in and out of sleep all night..so many weird dreams. lol Crap sleep is better than none.

Hello

The craziness hits me when I am not experiencing withdrawal symptoms:  I want to stop the taper and just stop.

I was looking at an addiction centers website and they said that cold turkey withdrawals symptoms only last 15 days. I was thinking I can do 15 days. But then I remembered the first day when I found out I was dependent and I was in complete misery and unable to do anything except sit in my chair as wave after wave hit me.

So I record this as a thing to remember: I am in no hurry – I have plenty of time to do this slowly – I have plenty of medication and I can get more – there is no reason to CT or go too fast.

Today I took the 100 at 6 AM in the 100 at 1 PM and I did have minor waves. So I should probably have not gone down so fast but I am at this point and stay here for at least a week and then decide. Decide to hold or decide to cut but not for a week.

I am supplementing magnesium twice a day and I took a Epson salt bath around five which is basically magnesium. I’m also taking CoQ10, NAC, And propanolol. It’s 6:30 PM and I am feeling fine. The earlier withdrawal waves  are gone.

I’ve been sleeping OK – waking up around five today it was 6 so that’s one thing the gabapentin does do is help me sleep.

8)

Slow and steady wins the race! I'm just sitting around waiting to heal up for round 3, but I think it's going to take me a hot minute to recover from being 3 months off.

Does the NAC help? I'm taking b1 and b3.

NAC - don’t know if it does anything. I am taking it because it is suppose to be good for brain health “ NAC helps to replenish glutathione levels in the body. It also aids in regulating glutamate. These functions may help to improve brain health and benefit people with conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases”

Hi.  I would like to ask a question. Has anyone healed on gabapentine during benzo withdrawals.??  Does it slow healing

Thanks. Hope someone will respond

Tulip

Hi.  I would like to ask a question. Has anyone healed on gabapentine during benzo withdrawals.??  Does it slow healing

Thanks. Hope someone will respond

Tulip

I am off my benzo and am still on gabapentin. I have been healing and am better every year even though I am still tapering my G and my Q (see signature, more details in p-log). I think I would be better if I could get off of both of them, but I don't want to rush things and have a setback.

Thank you for responding. Im happy to hear your doing better and better. Im 5 months off loraz and suffering bad every second day with inner restlessness anxiety burning  only on 500mg of gaba. Happy to hear it didn’t prevent you from healing

🌷

Thank you for responding. Im happy to hear your doing better and better. Im 5 months off loraz and suffering bad every second day with inner restlessness anxiety burning  only on 500mg of gaba. Happy to hear it didn’t prevent you from healing

🌷

I'm sorry to hear you are still suffering. I am not surprised, though. 5 months is not much time in the course of this. I see success stories of dramatic healing taking place even after years. There is hope. :)