was switched from ativan to xanax

[ha...]

yes i got the pm thanks and again im sorry..i feel like my mind is leaving me it didnt happen this fast when i switched from ativan to xanax,,i dont know what to do i had 1 xanax today and 1 ativan coulsd it be withdrawal from the xanx i know before back in feb i was on xanax and later they used klonopin to taper me off,,,but this time there was no taper off the ativan onto teh xaanx and i guess no taper off the xanax to get back on the ativan,,,,do u think the celexa will help my mind

Hi hazy/sweetpea,

The reason they tapered you off xanax and onto klonopin is that the klono does take a day or two to build up so you might have had w/d from xanax if they switched you directly to the klono. Xanax and Ativan are short acting so there is no need to taper off of one to another. Hope this makes sense. As far as the Celexa, I am not familiar with A/Ds, hope it helps.

T2 :smitten:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thank you so the wierd feeling that im losing my mind isnt from only having 1 xanx to day instead of 2..i will try to hold that in my mind as it does feel like its leaving me i know the xnax helped with anxiety best but can not live witt the feeling of not caring about anything other tahn dying so im praying the ativan will stop the feeling of that and i also hope it wasnt caused today by the celexa..ifa nyone knowsa bout celexa please let me know

Oh Im scared i took the ativan last night and this morning along with the celexa last night,,,,,,u can barely concentrate this morning its like my mind is in  arace i dont know what to do i cant get to my fr tilll monday the  8th what caould be doing this to me i lalso feel kinda faint like i did berfore on the ativan and my head burns

Anxiety and hyperventilating can results all the symptoms you mentioned, hazy.  I know you often think you are allergic to a benzo or have taken too much or too little or at the wrong time, but staying so upset can cause all you are feeling.  You need to work on the techniques to lessen the anxiety however works best for you.  Controlled breathing, listening to meditations and mild exercise worked well for me.  I hope you find something that works well for you, too.  :smitten:

I wonder if i made a mistake choosing the ativan again,,,maybe the xanx is controlling me better i dont like the no feeling part though im kinda at a loss would like to be off all meds and im wondering if this celexa is messing me up,,,i think i will take a xanax my next dose and see if my mind functions any better i cant eal with these wandering or racing thoughts im scared,,hazy sweetpea

oH my I think i have ruined my life i took the xanax yesterday morning and teh ativan last night and this morning and then my next time  for med i took a 1/2 a xanax because og the racing thoughts        teh dr called me after i had taken the xanax and told me not to take no more xanx till she see mes and i had already taking it,,,,,,,,,,,so know my next dose will have to be ativan and im scareed all this abck and fourth is what is causing my mind to be messed up any idea

Well, no matter what's causing it, you aren't going to go back and forth anymore, are you?  How much ativan will you be taking daily?  Are you spacing out the doses about 6-8 hours apart? The xanax you took will be out of your system fairly soon.  Just stick with the ativan until you see your doctor.

Yes, hazy. The switching back and forth from ativan to xanax and taking both on the same day is probably what is making you feel so bad. I would recommend that you stick with the ativan like the dr. said to do. I know you are just trying to make your symptoms go away by taking the benzos like you have been, but they are actually working against you at this point (IMO). The BEST way to feel better, is to stay on the ativan like the dr. said, take it at set times each day, and do a slow and steady taper. Starting tomorrow, what dose and when during the day are you going to be taking the ativan?

Lori :smitten:

ok i had ativan this morning anda  xnax at 10 i was freaking called pharmcy and they said go back to ativan TODAY..so i took 0.5 mg about 30 min ago,,,,i can barely think..i will stay on ativan though i feel week on it and depressed worse on xanax i see dr tomorow but feel like im losing my mind i have the shakes and im afraid im losing my mind cant concentrate  please do u think i will die,,,had ativan this morning than xanax now ativan,,,i need help i think they sent me a 11 page thing of questiond to answer true or false from the drs i think its to check if im bilpoar and if i am i shoudnt be on celexa

ok i had ativan this morning anda  xnax at 10 i was freaking called pharmcy and they said go back to ativan TODAY..so i took 0.5 mg about 30 min ago,,,,i can barely think..i will stay on ativan though i feel week on it and depressed worse on xanax i see dr tomorow but feel like im losing my mind i have the shakes and im afraid im losing my mind cant concentrate  please do u think i will die,,,had ativan this morning than xanax now ativan,,,i need help i think they sent me a 11 page thing of questiond to answer true or false from the drs i think its to check if im bilpoar and if i am i shoudnt be on celexa

You will not die as long as you take the meds the way you were prescribed by your doctor.

but i was switching back and forth one time xnax next time ativan.....i know before i was on xanax they used klonopin to taper me off the xanax would this be simialr being on ativan and xanax for 2 days

Please if anyone has heard of drs having patients on xnax in the day and ativan at night to sleep let me know im freaking because i have taking them together,,,the pharmaissit said as long as i took then at differnent times i would be ok im scared adn i think the ativan is making me dizzy or maybe its all of then anyways i will stick to the ativan,,i think the dr is gonna check me for bipolar my head feels like its has things crawling in it any ideas what that would be..im thinking the celexa

Please someone i need advice i go see my dr today and i only have had ativan since last night and this morning im full of fear and its like my mind wont shut off i cant concentratre could it have been mee going back on xaxax and it does something to me i was on it all those 17 years before i can think and i bet i have to go to mental hopsital  any words please

Please someone i need advice i go see my dr today and i only have had ativan since last night and this morning im full of fear and its like my mind wont shut off i cant concentratre could it have been mee going back on xaxax and it does something to me i was on it all those 17 years before i can think and i bet i have to go to mental hopsital  any words please

Sweetpea,

I don't know what to tell you. You say that the Xanax gives you deep depression and the Ativan makes you dizzy. You don't know how the Celexa is playing into this. Please wait and talk to the doctor and see what he recommends. Let us know what happens.

What if they find out im bipolar will that make  adiffernce i just feel no motivation no ambition to go on just emptyness and i have so much to live for what would make me fee this way

What if they find out im bipolar will that make  adiffernce i just feel no motivation no ambition to go on just emptyness and i have so much to live for what would make me fee this way

Do you own research on what predicates bi-polar and see if that fits your symptoms. The last few months with you switching back and forth on your meds could have made you feel the way you are feeling. During my taper, I felt the same way. I still have days that I have no motivation or ambition to do anything. Hope you feel better soon.

Hazy - I felt that emptyness for years; it's a common indicator of depression.  I was treated for depression for 10+ years and nothing worked until I got off the benzo.  It was the benzo all along.  I wasted so many years of my life on that dreadful drug.  Here's one thing Prof. Ashton has to say about depression and benzos:

Depressive symptoms are common both during long-term benzodiazepine use and in withdrawal. It is not surprising that some patients feel depressed considering the amalgam of other psychological and physical symptoms that may assail them.

Hey sweetpea,

How did things go at your doctor appointment, today? I hope he/she was able to help you get your medications straightened out. Are you feeling any better??

No Im not better but a bit og hope dr says i have a Gaba shortage and is putting me on depakote er and she insists i do the xanax nad she took my ativan i told her how i felt with the xanx but she dont believe its the xanx making me feel so down i dont know i do know about 2 hours after taking it i feel week and kinda wierd not sure what that could be the pharmaisist said maybe thats when i get most of the drug its kinda a druggesd out faint feeling na lasts quite awhile and i cant relax with xanx but she says onve the depokote kicks in i should be better,,,,any ideas bout the xanx thing ahow it makes me feel

well ok as i said dr is making me stay on the xanx does anyone know about Gaba shortage and most things i have read on depokote say its for bipolar which im not but my pharmsissit says it will hepl me or it shoud..i guess i will have to hang tough but im freaking,,,,i almost wnet to mental hopsital yesterday,,,,and now i think i have a hepres sore so im freaking about that and i have the shkes and the chills i hope to stabilize on the xanx and then work on getting off it i keep feeling faint and im so depressed

oh and i am taking the 0.5 mg xanx about 4 to 4 1/2 hours apart is that too often

Sweetpea,

How did your doctor prescribe this for you?? If you are taking it every 4 hours, that is equal to 3mg of Xanax a day?? I thought you said it was prescribed at 1.5mg per day??

No my perscription is 1 mg 3 times a day but i have never taking it that way because when i first got it i did the 1 mg and it made mes o drugged so i cut them in half and i take like 2 mg a  day if 0.5 mg...do u think i should try to space it more out and do u know about gaba

Hey hazy,

If you are taking your medication 3 times a day, I would recommend taking it every 8 hours. That might help you feel better. I don't know much about GABA, but you could always do a google search about it. One good thing, you won't be taking both the ativan and the xanax; this might make you feel better in itself. When do you start the depakote?