was switched from ativan to xanax

[ha...]

HI Im still plugging along............my dr had me stop the prozac 2 days ago due tolosss of sex drive and weight gain.....I have a question about a friend.She was on ativan and had problmes so dr is having her taper off it and go on klonopin 0.5 mg 2 times a day and she is feeling drugged is that  normal............I know myself i was on both at once but cant remember she is taking about 1 mg ativan a day with her klonopin. How r all u?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sweetpea. The doctor put your friend on a higher amount of klono. .5mg of klono is equal to 10mg of valium while 1mg of ativan is equal to 10mg. She is now at the equivulent of 20mg of valium. That's prob why she feels more drugged/drowsy.

Sorry the prozac didnt work out!

Amanda

Im confused as what you said...together the ativan and klono are 10 mg?As far me have u ever heard of just stopping prozac without a taper,I was on 10 mg of it since June.............does my friend need to even taper the ativan as going on klonopin?

Sorry for being confusing. .5mg of klono equals 1mg of ativan in potency. So right now she is taking the equivelent of 20mg of valium, with the ativan she was only taking an equivelent of 10mg.

wow.................i had been on the ativan..............dr felt i would be able to get off klonopin easier so put me on it...............its makingme so drugged out feeling.................im hoping that passes soon..............maybe its from the prozac leaving my body i just dont feel like doing anything...i will get off these meds someday!!!!

Hi sweetpea,

Could you tell us what drugs you're currently taking and the amounts?  I'm getting confused between you and your friend.  Maybe you could just update your signature, that would be best. Thanks,

Pam

Im tapering off ativan 2 to 3 mg and going on klonopin 0.5mg 3 times a day and i just stopped prozac 10 mg since june 09,,,,,,,,,,,i hate taking both benzos but i had a relapse,,,,,,,,,,,,,not sure if klonopin is better for me than ativan,i was having spells of severe vertigo and we felt its the prozac plus weight gain and no sex drivve...........my frind has simila medications as me. Im trying to not take both ativan and klonopin...........but so far i am,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not as drugged today as yesterday..My other friend regulaary takes ativan and klonopin...............i want off them but this relapse was not good.

Hello,have any of you just stopped Prozac with no tapeering my dr told me need to taper as i was on 10 mg Had been on it since june 09..........DR had me stop the klono after 5 days and continue with ativan..........what a rollarcoster..............im never gonna get off im so depressed about this

Hi sweetpea,

I know you want to get off of the Prozac for the reasons you stated, but are you sure you want to attempt that while tapering?  I know when I tapered the Lexepro while in withdrawals, it didn't go well and I had to reinstate.  If you still want to get off of it, I agree with your Dr, you should taper it.  It's not bad, nothing like tapering benzo's though.

Pam

Pamster,I have been off the prozac for almost 6 days now with no taper per dr............no going back..........we think it also caused my excessive dizziness i developed(worse than my normal dizziness) Thanks for responding.

After I healed from my withdrawals, I quit Lexepro cold turkey.  I didn't have any problems, so hopefully you'll be fine.  If it was causing you so many problems it's probably good you're off of it.

Is your benzo taper going okay?  Can you get to to a point where you're just taking one?  It seems really confusing to be on two at one time.

Way Bad anxiety lately////////stilldoing the ativan.............now dr wants me to try celexa again........I told her last time i tried it i freaked out,but she feels it was my fear..........i just stopped the prozac about 2 weeks ago.I dont know if i will do the celexa or not.........so scared to try,and what if it affects me like the prozac the weight gain no sex drive.............anyone ever been on it with good luck

Going on AD's when tapering and newly off is tricky. Some respond badly to meds that otherwise would be fine. It doesnt seem like you've had a good reaction to any of the ones you've tried. If it were me I think I'd try without adding anything else.

Are you doing deep breathing, yoga, meditation etc, anything that can help naturally?

i was on celexa back in 07and had just went of effexor and was ok so im hopeful again.............yes imdoing things..............hubby said follow the dr thats why we pay her so i guess i will give it a try

• 4 weeks later...
Stopped the celexa made my dierehha worse,now Im going off the abilify,Dr said i was on a low dose 1 mg that i dont need a taper,but yesterday kinda had brain zaps and down in the dumps.............thinking the abilify is the culprit of my dierehha,,,,anyone have any advice on abilify,,my dr says its up to me......I gota job and a new car...but keep having that off week feeling and like im moving in slow motion,Im scared..I see my dr on Monday..my taper is not going well at this time.

[51...]

Stopped the celexa made my dierehha worse,now Im going off the abilify,Dr said i was on a low dose 1 mg that i dont need a taper,but yesterday kinda had brain zaps and down in the dumps.............thinking the abilify is the culprit of my dierehha,,,,anyone have any advice on abilify,,my dr says its up to me......I gota job and a new car...but keep having that off week feeling and like im moving in slow motion,Im scared..I see my dr on Monday..my taper is not going well at this time.

setpea1960- you got a job and a new car...way to go :yippee: As far as the brain zaps, think that happens when brain meds are stopped. You were on 1mg of Abilify....could you taper that? Maybe go down to 3/4 for a while, then a 1/2, then a 1/4? Best to check with your doctor and also do some research on your own....I google everything when I am researching things. To me knoweldge is power ;)

Just Breathe

• 1 month later...
After a rough time Im ready to seriously get off ?he ativan....Im up to about 3 mgs now,1/2 pill about every 4 hours,,,,,,,,,,,this drug is ruining me and i see that now.Im hoping my dr will help me. But also know so many of you have had sucess....how can I start tapering/

[51...]

After a rough time Im ready to seriously get off ?he ativan....Im up to about 3 mgs now,1/2 pill about every 4 hours,,,,,,,,,,,this drug is ruining me and i see that now.Im hoping my dr will help me. But also know so many of you have had sucess....how can I start tapering/

You want off.... :yippee: If you are up to 3mg's Ativan, the first thing to do is get on a stable dose. Is 3mg's what you are stable and consistently taking? Are you taking .5mg six times a day which would equal 3mg's? Is this correct? Once we get a reply back, we can give a better suggestion and a starter taper plan. :thumbsup:

Just Breathe

Yes u are correct 1/2 mg 6 times a day to equal 3 mgs been on benoza for 19 years.....and im sick of how i feel some days i can barely walk...I know it will be hard but want off.

Yes u are correct 1/2 mg 6 times a day to equal 3 mgs been on benoza for 19 years.....and im sick of how i feel some days i can barely walk...I know it will be hard but want off.

Hi sweetpea,

If you have the .50mg tablets, you can split them into 1/4s (.125mg) and reduce by that amount every 7-14 days depending on how you are feeling.

T2 :smitten: