Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

I am having lots of symptoms while on klonopin. The GI problems aching fatigue apathy. Once you stop when does the symptom stop or do they ever stop. Can someone explain?

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you like the line, it's from a kids book called "We're going on a bear hunt" by Michael Rosen.

Also, I forgot to say a special thank you to Rek for validating my withdrawal related anxiety in this dose range. It's the "maybe it is just me and I am going to be this way forever" thoughts that are the hardest for me to deal with.

JKS

Hello KK Friends,

I have a question I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to.

Went to doc a month ago for prescriptions.  Had lost 7 pounds since previous visit (about 2 months).  He told me to stop tapering for the next month, and work on gaining some weight.  While I was there, they took blood, and sent it to the lab.  Everything came back normal.

One thing that puzzled him is that when they tested to see how much clonazepam (klonopin) was in my system, there was NONE.

I take them everyday.  I don't understand how my blood could show that I had none in my system.  Does anyone know why this would be?

I do take 10mg Paxil/day along with 10mg Baclofen/day.  Would this have anything to do with it?

I wondered if he thought I get the clonazepam to sell it or something.  He said, oh no, he did not think that at all, but didn't have an answer as to why none showed up in my blood work.

I am having lots of symptoms while on klonopin. The GI problems aching fatigue apathy. Once you stop when does the symptom stop or do they ever stop. Can someone explain?

Hi Klonobad,

Looks like not many on the forum at the moment...you can look for the little green squares by our names to see who's logged on or off.  Green light means logged on. 

I tapered Xanax but symptoms are the same.  GI problems, aching, fatique and apathy are almost universal for all of us.  And more.  :)  The symptoms do stop, one at a time usually and you will hardly notice when they go til they come back.  Then they go away again, maybe come back another time or two and one day they're gone for good.

I kept a list of symptoms and was able to scratch them off one by one.  At one year I still have some but they are nothing to complain about and don't stop me from living my life normally.

You'll get there.  Write down your symptoms and check the list every week.  :highfive:

Challis

I have the racing-heart anxiety of withdrawal but also crushing depression today, which is unusual. I know the sxs come and go. I hope this passes sooner rather than later. Does anyone else deal with this? All the other sxs are bearable, but when hope has died...

Deinoncote, depression was one of the WORST things for me, and clonazepam really slammed me with it.  I still get episodes now and again--had a troubling one a month or two ago--but NOTHING like the way it was on clonazepam, not remotely.  Things do get better eventually, once you're off--Klonobad, this is for you, too: it gets better.  It can be hard to wait, I know.

DG, that is so strange about the blood test not reflecting the presence of the drug.  I don't know how that could be--anyone know??

Peace to all -

Rek

Deinoncote, I got distracted by something going on here, but I meant to add--I am SO sorry you are being hit so hard with depression.  Please don't lose hope.  It's the drug doing this to you, it's NOT YOU!

Peace,

Rek

Right on schedule! 5 days after jumping, just like 5 days after each cute, the wave really ramps up :(. No appetite, nothing in my stomach and yet I have indigestion. Anxiety. Heart Rate up. Headache. General sick feeling. I wouldn't say depression cause its more depressed about feeling sick as opposed to true depression which I have experience with. My mood is not totally unresponsive though. Always Sunny (TV show) gave me some laughs as usual. Ill eat, so don't worry about that. I was ready for this though. Vegging out today, taking it easy.

Deinoncote- If I was feeling better you would get an essay from me so consider yourself lucky lol. All I will say right now is that I have been to the pit of despair with non benzo related depression, so serious that the S word we all know became a major part of my life. Biggest thing I learned from that is depression is never permanent. We could get all philosophical and talk about how nothing is permanent but what is more important is to realize that no matter how depressed one gets, it passes and a lot of the time it passes so rapidly you can not even notice the change until the cloud passes over! You'll be fine, depression is just your brain fooling itself with some dark illusion.

I admire so many of you for tapering so quickly without being crybabies about it.  You all inspire me to continue my dry cut taper plan. 

-SZ-

Mogeii

I was just looking at your taper schedule.  You are braver than me.  I'm a chicken to cut like that.  Hats off to you. :thumbsup:

Have you had a lot of symptoms with those cuts?  So you've jumped now?

I admire so many of you for tapering so quickly without being crybabies about it.  You all inspire me to continue my dry cut taper plan. 

-SZ-

If I cut like Mogeii, I would definitely be a crybaby about it. :'(

-SZ-

If it makes any of you crybabies feel any better,.. I am a crybaby about my withdraw too.  I don't want to be though.  I suppose that is just me. 

Really, though,.. Congrats to all of you who are tapering in any way.  It takes guts ( with little gabba) to taper at any rate.  :thumbsup:  These benzos are really something else.  Throughout my entire life, I have never had to experience anything quite like benzo withdraw.

-SZ-

The depression - mood disregulation, specifically - on Xanax was much worse. I had to be hospitalized. That passed, and so will this, one way or another. I'm supposed to fly to Vegas tonight for vacation and somehow that makes me feel worse. It shouldn't be this way - these chemicals shouldn't have the capacity to change us fundamentally. Doctors shouldn't prescribe benzos. I had three doctors in the hospital and none could figure out I was in withdrawal or having a bad reaction to Xanax. I know I've said this before, but it blows my mind. They pass this poison out so easily and then no one wants to help you get off it. Why don't they know that these drugs ruin lives as surely as heroin? I even look like a drug addict most of the time. I'm underweight, my skin is grey, my hair is dry and falling out, I have dark circles under my bloodshot eyes.

Thank you for the reassuring words. Someday, someone is going to start a successful campaign against the drug companies. I hope I live to see them come toppling down for the toxicity they sell.

Hey, I'm a total crybaby. Just talking about the sx makes them feel worse for me! I'm just trying to do that "I'M POSITIVE" thing. It's a complete failure - every night is nightmares, I feel INSANE. And I went back on my cut and I'm still on .375 - which is better than the 1mg a day thing. :P Can't stay here for long though, it makes me have to taper from the rest quicker. :( I think that Thursday I will FINALLY jump to .25.

Crybaby here too! The first time I tried to taper it was under the guidance of a doctor who said it wasn't possible to feel withdrawal from 0.25mg cuts. That's one of those you have to laugh or you'd cry situations (at least in hindsight).

-SZ-

Lol whining or crybabying is not at all what goes on by anyone here. Whining would be coming here to post about our symptoms and then telling everyone else in the site they can't begin to understand how bad they are and woe is me etc etc. We come her for advice and more importantly understanding :).

Disney- Ya if I could I would have cut slower. It was 3 cuts until symptoms showed up so im lucky I got pretty far in before anything happened. It hit hard when it did though so a slower taper would have benefited me im sure. I slowed down at the end because my body was telling me to. Now that ive had 5 days off the stuff Im being hit again. Mentally im staying pretty level with distractions, some positivity, and just knowing im feeling sick because my body is healing. Physically I wont lie, im not great. My digestive system is a disaster, the anxiety comes and goes but when its around its very uncomfortable, the heart rate and headaches are treatable with relaxation and magnesium but I can't stop them from appearing out of the blue, and the general sick feeling is wearing on my patience. Ill admit I could help my digestive system out by eating better and smaller more frequent meals but its hard to get motivated to eat at all when your feelen crappy. Gotta keep it all in perspective though, it's only been 5 days. My body still hasn't even processed all the Klonopin out of it im sure.

hello friends,

If you haven't done so already, please look up the thread "In Memory of WFR -- PLEASE READ!!!" (posted in the withdrawal & recovery support forum) a fellow BB has succumbed to the evil forces of the chemicals we deal with and took her own life.

It would be a human thing to do to pause and reflect on the very real human toll these drugs are capable of. Please read and leave some respects behind.

How tragic that withdrawal from these meds (xanax in her case) can lead to taking one's life.

Words leave me, and I am at a loss  :'(

I grieve.

Dave

Hey, kids!  Got access to a computer for a few minutes... thought I'd say hi... still in Tx.  Looks like everyone is persevering... Jax... great news on the job, Sky, glad to see the new taper is still in progress, Rek... still rallying the troops, Mogeii:  You jumped!!!  me: one week off meditation and my jaw pain is off the charts again.  A couple of panic attacks, bouts of crying, and hair trigger emotional outbursts.. but, I have laughed like only a bunch of women who know each other really well can laugh.  So, I'm glad i came but I need to retreat to my own little world and resume my very structured w/d management.  I'll be home Wednesday.  I don't think I really realized how important my little meditative routines were to managing my sx.  You really can't let your guard down.  I really am hoping this uptake in sx is related to my brain not being able to distinguish good stress from bad stress because I'm eager to resume tapering shortly after returning home.  The jaw pain, especially, has to be under control before resuming further cuts, although, I think I'm probably in high tolerance.  Its pretty bad, but I'm getting better at just smiling and saying I'm fine.  When I got the chance, I had to come and see how you were all doing.  My thoughts are never far from you and I am always wishing for each of you a day closer to freedom from benzos.  Take care...and the cake idea sounds great aweigh...can I get that w/ no sugar, no chocolate, no regular milk, no wheat....    I guess I could make some walnut flour, use lactose free milk and maybe layers of sugar free raspberry  jam...    I do think I may have broken through some important stuff regarding the agoracrap.... still only getting out w/ someone but am less anxious when I do.  Njoy 

Hi Dave,

Thank you for presenting the opportunity for reflection. What a horrific tragedy. That could be any one of us. I hope everyone has a caring support system. This is a treacherous mountain we're climbing and it hurts to lose a fellow traveller, even if we've never met.

Someday, someone is going to start a successful campaign against the drug companies. I hope I live to see them come toppling down for the toxicity they sell.

I really am thinking about doing that.  It sure would be a revolution.  It would be great.

I will surely try when I am done with my taper.

-SZ-

Good morning, folks -

A revolution--yes.  Maybe we could get Marcia Angell on board, since she's a doctor, and a powerful one, and has already spoken out (well, written) to challenge the medical/psychiatric profession and the DSM and the pharmaceutical industry and the entire unholy alliance on its practices.

NJoy, it's good to hear from you, and know that you are managing your trip, even in the face of difficulties--well done!  :thumbsup:

Jax, you out there?  How's it going?

I am so sorry about the struggle and pain I'm reading about here this morning--Deinoncote, JKS, Octopii, Mogeii, Dave, and others--but you guys are NOT crybabies, Mogeii is right!  You are honest and kind.

I found out about WFR several days ago, but honestly I refrained from mentioning her here, because I was afraid of the effect such news might have.  I suppose, yes, it could be any one of us, but I'm convinced it doesn't have to be.  It is a great sorrow that WFR felt so lost and hopeless; I know that from my current vantage point it's much easier for me to say, "It doesn't have to be us," but still I believe that.  She had endured for a long time in what must have been a very dark place--I wish someone could have held onto her and kept her from slipping their grip; I know many tried, both here at BB and in her family.  But please, my friends, while remembering her with love and respect, think of the solution she eventually chose as a road NOT to take--please, please, please.

Peace,

Rek

Hey again, folks.  I already sort of said this in my earlier post, but it bears repeating: DON'T LET THE BENZOS WIN!!

Good luck to you Mogeii. 

Hope everyone is doing as well as we can!

So very tragic about WFR.  My thoughts are with her family and friends, including her family/friends here on bb.

[ec...]