4-6 month club. How are you doing?

[re...]

Hi Mony...I went to an allergist in February because I was wondering why certain things were revving up my symptoms. He found zero that I was allergic to with either environmental or food allergies.

I talked to my son today and he says that he just got over an ongoing cold with similar symptoms and it took him over six weeks. Hopefully that's what mine is but it really seems to have screwed up my healing pattern - long waves, short windows - feels like I'm going backwards. The only good thing is that the windows I do get are really quality. So I guess right now it's quality over quantity.

Bill

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [re...]

• [no...]

• [Sc...]

• [br...]

Skyy...Do you know much about cortisol? This is what happens to me most of the time, and the nights that it doesn't I usually get a window the next day.

Bill

• 11 months later...

Month four was like that for me too. I had serious doubts I would be able to make it without some kind of help be it a drug or counseling but, I got through it and the beast lost another battle. You will too. Just give it time to pass. That's all we can do. Odd as bad as I felt the past four days, today I felt completely normal even with lack of sleep the past few nights. So hang in there guys and gals. It gets rough. It'll test your will and patience. It will definitely test your soul. Don't give in no matter how hard it gets. It won't hurt you. It's not permanent. It will only make us stronger and we will appreciate normalcy that much more when, not if, when we get it back. Think of the soldiers deployed for a year or more. Their outcome isn't known but they fight on for their cause. Our outcome is known and we're safe from harm regarding our enemy within. We're fighting something inside us that's dying. Don't feed it. Outlast it and let it pass.

Stevie, I really appreciate your posting this...was very helpful for me to read this today...thank you much.