• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wi...]

• [Be...]

• [co...]

• [tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nola,

just popped in to see how you are doing after last week, I hope your daughters are feeling better now!

lynn x :)

And how's their mom doing? You held it together well during the crisis when others might have crumbled.  :thumbsup: Hope you are soldiering on and feeling good, Nola.  ;D

Hey there buddies

sorry haven't been on here in a while .my wireless keyboard tore up and had to get another one.. ;D

The girls are fine..they both went to chiropractor and got adjusted and feel much better after that..

My oldest daughter went to Atlanta for a whole month to be a live in nanny for a friend whose babysitter had to leave the country for a family emergency...I hate it..I miss her so...a month seems so long..

We do keep in touch by the cell phone though...I figured it would give her an opportunity to see what parenthood is all about but so far she is liking it.. :laugh:..not my plan at all.. ;)

I dropped my dose last week to 2.5mg valium on wednesday...I slipped up and had to take 3.75 sat and sunday but other than that..I have stuck with it...

I am going OCD on cleaning my house though...I have to burn off all my energy just so I can sleep...

I take my dose at night to help with that...but overall I think I am doing good..I will have the cleanest house on the block when I am done with all this ... :laugh: I mean I am deep cleaning closets,washing walls and windows and trying to get ready for a big yard sale...I am going through everything and if we don't need it ..its going away..my poor hubby has been coming home from work to find he has to help me by making room in the outbuilding for all the stuff I am putting in it..or hauling a bunch of stuff off..so far I have gotten rid of 6 trash bags full...I am feeling good about it though..It helps keep my mind off of w/d and my daughter being gone ...

Just thought I would update you all since I haven't been on here in a while....

I am just worn out tonight...maybe all the work is catching up to me... ;D

I am gonna kick back and watch a movie and just rest a bit...

:hug:            Nola

well today I have no energy at all.....my knee has been killing me the past few days...and I am retaining water..

I have been gaining weight instead of loosing the past few weeks even though I have been dieting and exercising...I feel like a blimp..my hands are swelled too.I took a livecare to help with the bloating and now my right side is burning like something is going on in there....No increase in w/d sx's this time though..last night my upper gums ached until I fell asleep..

For a few days I had so much energy and now I am just tired and achey...I might have overdone it..

is all these sx's due to w/d? or is something else going on with me...?? I need some reassurence here...thats all..

I wanna make another cut by Monday but not sure if it would be in my best interest...other than all the above ..I seem to be doing fine...just having a bad day I guess....the cold chills are getting less frequent though......

that is a good thing.....thanks for letting me whine a bit......

still  :oXo:    Nola

hi Nola

I am with you on the belly bloat i too am very bloated and i have nausea to go along with it which isnt good i have had the belly bloat throught this whole process i am free from the poison but still have the belly bloat i guess it will go away someday soon i pray..and i have had my teeth and stuff hurt too at times its usally at bed times i think i grind my teeth in my sleep its a muscle thing i guess..i pray things get better for you before you make your next cut.myself i tapered alot faster then most on here and i wish now i had of slowed it down a bit but to late now i am free and i am thankful for that and i will be even more thankful when this is all over with and all these symptoms are gone for good...have a great day and i pray you start feeling better..

god bless you

hugs sherry :-*

well today I have no energy at all.....my knee has been killing me the past few days...and I am retaining water..

I have been gaining weight instead of loosing the past few weeks even though I have been dieting and exercising...I feel like a blimp..my hands are swelled too.I took a livecare to help with the bloating and now my right side is burning like something is going on in there....No increase in w/d sx's this time though..last night my upper gums ached until I fell asleep..

For a few days I had so much energy and now I am just tired and achey...I might have overdone it..

is all these sx's due to w/d? or is something else going on with me...?? I need some reassurence here...thats all..

I wanna make another cut by Monday but not sure if it would be in my best interest...other than all the above ..I seem to be doing fine...just having a bad day I guess....the cold chills are getting less frequent though......

Hi Nola,

Don't ya just hate it when you have been feeling so good and wham! they're back?  The gums hurting and achiness are part of the withdrawal.  My gums hurt so bad I thought for sure my teeth were going to fall out.  I really doubt that anything else is going on with you but if you are really concerned have it checked out by your dr. to give yourself peace of mind.

[d2...]

Hey Nola,

I'd bet money that these are w/d effects and I'll also bet that you'll feel better soon. :) I've been exercising hard all week and it's taking a bit of a toll on me now, which makes me wonder the same thing - "Are these w/d symptoms or is something else wrong?". The chance of it being anything else are slim to nill, which is comforting (in a not so comforting way). You just hang in there! :)

-Pete

Well thanks buddies for all your replies,

I am feeling better now..lasted for the evening and it passed except for the knee pain ..it is still with me..

I have no health insurance at this time and money is kinda tight around here so going to the doc is outta the ? for me right now..I will be fine..I will live if this doesn't kill me.. :laugh:

It helps sometimes to whine a little ..or at least it does for me....generally I have been doing pretty good..no more anger or rage attacks since 12 days ago...before it was happening at least once a week.

W/D sucks ..I know that...I feel lucky that I am not in worse shape than others on here so I really ain't got room to complain... :) ..ya know..when I read some posts about what other people are going through I really feel bad for them . especially when my sx's aren't as bad as theirs...but I do keep going and doin ..it could always be worse for me and I know that...

I do wonder if the weight gain and water weight is from w/d? not really sure....

oh well ..thanks for all the replies  :hug:

I appreciate it very much guys..and gals.....

Hey everyone..

just popping in to say howdy! ;D

I am doing ok...Went to state bbq cookoff today and had a good time ..my hubby is over at the neighbors watchin Nascar racing and I am bored outta my mind....I gotta find something to do here.....done and washed the car ..I think I will get up and go clean house..or something ...saturday night and nothing to do...might make me a drink or two...after all it is the weekend. ;D

well gotta go for now and see what I can do to have some fun..

later buddies....          Nola

Hey Nola-

Hope you are feeling well and that the taper is going well. I didn't follow your signature so well, so not sure where you are in your taper.  At any rate, hang tough and find something to do- have a great Saturday and keep the drinks to a minimum  :thumbsup:

Keith

Well today has sure been a crappy day..I was thinking about going back to work at my old second job and my 12yr old daughter says she doesn't want me to go..She came home from being at my oldest daughters dad house for 2 nights and basically says that she likes it over there better than she does over here..made me feel like total shit..we I retaliated  and said (so you like it better over there huh?) cause there is so much more fun over there and she is always getting yelled at over here...she is bored over here and I am going through my so called w/d so watch out for mom..I really feel worthless right now as a mother..I tried to sit her down and get her to talk to me...she said I left her alone for 3 weeks at a time when she was younger over there anyways and that they half raised her and that is totally not true..I said it might have seem like that when I had to work 12 hour shifts and 7 days a week at that and where she got 3 weeks at I dunno..That hurt me to the core...I was a single mom for 8 years and had to work all the time and I do miss the time that is now lost with them both...that is why I chose to clean houses for a living now so I can be home with the kids..but at that time I had no choice.I had to take what I could get ..She said she doesn't wanna stay with my hubby and that he is mean and yells at her all the time too..but honestly it is ony when she has an attitude when he asks her to do something and she storms off stomping her feet or huffs and puffs..I know there is a source to all that anger as she doesn't do that around anyone else but us...I just don't know what to do about it as I just can't get her to talk to me..she refuses.

I told her I was sorry for not being there as much when she was younger and I tried to make her understand that I had to work so I could put a roof over our heads and get the things we need...I just dunno..somehow I feel I have failed her ...or failed somewhere and I don't know how to fix it...she did say she didn't mean what she said that way and that I misinterpreted it...but I am not so sure about that.. :'(

Everyone has done things that they are not proud of in their life and I am the first one to admit that..I was young and didn't exactly have a good role model myself in my life and I done the best I could raising 2 girls on my own and paying a mortgage and keeping up everything around here ...yeah it wrecked my nerves and was a lotta stress on me but chose to keep them and raise them and work.do I wish it had been different ?yeah I do but I had to work for goodness sake..

Now I am stuck with all kinds of guilt for doing it...and doing what I thought was best at the time..I dunno

but thanks for letting me vent a little..I took a walk and shed a few tears over all this .I chose to go ahead and make my cut today too..wow ..what a time for that huh? I am wreck right now who doesn't want to talk to anyone .I just wanna set and roll around in my own self pity and what if's ,could haves and would haves...

well if the frog had wings then it wouldn't bump its ass when it walked too....yeah that makes sense doesn't it..

:'(  your buddie                      Nola

Hi Nola,

I'm so sorry your daughter said this to you and that you are hurting so much.  I have 2 daughters, too, and I know how hard it is.  But know this--you did the best you could each and every day, you made the best decisions you could for everyone around you, hindsight is always 20/20 and regrets are a waste of time.  You did the best you could, for someone to ask for more is unreasonable. 

She's young and probably already regrets what she's said.  She knows how to push your buttons and she did.  She may not even have a reason why, it may be hormones. 

My girls are great now, but back when they didn't get everything they wanted and said "Yeah, but you didn't...."  I tell them "Yeah, I didn't put you in an orphanage!"  There's lots of things I didn't do but there's many more that I did do.  And I reminded them of that.  We feel guilty about so many things and we should concentrate on the good things we've done in life. 

Don't let her put you on a guilt trip...you've come a long way and deserve better.

:smitten:  TS

:laugh: :'(..boy you do know how to make a person feel better ..thanks so much...I am still sitting here balling my eyeballs out off and on and I don't know why..maybe w/d..I just feel like crap...

I went outside and built a fire and just set there for a while...I didn't wanna talk to nobody and just wanted to be left alone....your right.I can't live my life on regrets..I told her not to say a word to me until she was ready to talk this out...she has kept her distance ever since...I don't think I should have said that but it just hurt my feelings so bad that I really feel worthless..I always tell my kids to be careful what descisions you make now cause they can come back to haunt you later on if they aren't good ones....

My oldest daughter and me get along really good and she said something the other day that made me feel really good..."she said I may have screwed up a couple of times but everyone does once in while and you were always there when we needed you and you still are"....and she also said that when she becomes a mom someda she hopes she will be as good as I am....that made me feel really good cause yeah I screwed up a lot I think..but then again I am a perfectionist or try to be but sometimes that backfires on me and my intentions..

I guess I am just letting everything get to me...her being gone to atlanta is not helping at all..she down there being a live in nanny for a freind for a whole month...she turns 18 in feb and I feel like I am losing her and it is very hard to adapt to the empty nest syndrome....oh goodness why am I still crying...been doing that a lot here lately...I am just so sensitive right now...I am so depressed ...I have been trying to think things out  and figure out the best plan of how to pull myself together and make some more money without having to leave her alone in the evenings..my my..times are hard for a lot of people right now...so fortunate that we still have a house and can at least pay our bills for now..if hubby loses his job I don't know what we will do.there have been so many places shut down around here ..so much to worry about...just way too much ....

Thanks TS for your post ..I appreciate it very much ..it did help me out.... ;D

I am gonna try to relax and maybe watch a movie or something..I really need to get in the bed earlier than 3 tonight..it sure makes it hard to get up the next morning when I can't rest and have a lot on my mind....

thanks again... :hug:  Nola

hi nola,

I was a single parent with my son like you, i worked to pay the rent and bills and give him everything i could, i have so many regrets with him one biggie is being on the pills for so long, but i cant change anything all i can do is do the best i can from now!

you did everything you could for your girls and they know that. I have a 12 year old daughter too and now and again she gets in a strop lol, it is hard not to take things to heart, have a good cry and get it out!

also try to remember at 12 the hormones are starting to kick in so that could be effecting her moods, we forget they have to grow up too, try talking to her and give her a cuddle, but dont beat yourself up about it!

thinking of you

lynn x :smitten:

HI Lynn x thanks for the uplifting reply..

Yeah I know what you mean...I have done the best I could with the girls ...They can't ever say I haven't been there for them and gave them what they needed...The pill thing with me started about 8 years ago roughly..and I have to say I was better on them at first than off because of all the stress I was going through..I used to get mad really easy at the girls and very impatient too..xanax saved them from many a buttwhopping I can say...

but all good things come to an end though and all that has backfired on me now....duh....HUH? go figure ..

I couldn't tolerate a bunch of kids jumping up and down all the time asking 100's of questions or bugging me and the pills mellowed me out to where I could take it.. I know that sounds awful but it is true..I have no patience at all or didn't then....Now I have mellowed out a lot and have learned a few coping techniques that I think will help me when I  actually come off these pills so I am hoping things will be different...either way I am getting off these pills...when I was in my early twenties I had no problems ..I was easy going ,loved life and no worries...It wasn't until I went through my second divorce to an emotionally abusing husband that it took its toll on me and I had my first anxiety/panic attack.the whole side of my body went numb I was in terror and all he could do was laugh at me..I think that was my breaking point ..I did what I could to get outta that situation and my kids..I worked two jobs to get outta the debt he got me into because before I wasn't in debt and that in itself can take its toll..

As soon as I got on my feet and some money saved up I kicked his sorry but out ...yeah it was messy..the law was called and everything,fighting ,,etc...but this was my house..I've had it since I was 21 and he had to go not me....he paid for the divorce and we split up the stuff in the house...I would have given up a body part to get him outta my life.. :laugh: he is my youngest daughters dad.....yeah I have made some bad choices but at least I have her to show for it..my hubby now ..well he is very good to me ..he lets me rule the roost should I say..he doesn't care either way...he is very calm and rational..likes to think things out...me well I am spontaneous and hyper at times..ready to go for it attitude so we are complete opposites but we make a good match I think and I love him and he loves me and in the end thats all that matters...

I am having some w/d sx's today so I had to take my regular 2.5 dose early today...I have been on that for about 12 days now and having trouble getting past it....I may wait till Wednesday to make my cut since that will be 2 weeks for me...My head got so tight and feeling weird with adrenaline rushes to boot that I just had to take it early..I treated myself to a KFC buffet today also...bad choice I know but I was craving me some chicken.. :)

I ddn't get to much sleep last night at all so after eating I came home and crashed on the couch and slept for 4 hours..so I doubt I will get any rest tonight either...I just don't currently have and energy at all..

Oh well I have rambled on enough I think...before all is said and done you buddies will know my life history.. :laugh: ... don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.. :-\:laugh:

well gonna go for now...I wish everyone the best and just to let you know me and my daughter are getting along pretty good for now...and yes her hormones are freaking out  so I am taking that into consideration.... :thumbsup:

:hug: still  :oXo:            Nola

I couldn't tolerate a bunch of kids jumping up and down all the time asking 100's of questions or bugging me and the pills mellowed me out to where I could take it.. I know that sounds awful but it is true..I have no patience at all or didn't then....

There's a reason valium used to be known as "mother's little helper", Nola.  ;)

I can relate to everything you say, my doctor put me on pills when i was 18, i married cause i was pregnant then he upped and walked out when my son was a baby, i was so young i just didnt cope well at first, in my twenties i stopped them when i found alcohol  but  after 6 months i stopped that too, i hated being drunk, a few years later i ended up back on diazepam, didnt even realise i was addicted!

I tell my friends you have to go through all the crap to get to the good bits and its so true, you have been through alot, and it will make you stronger, the coping techniques will help alot when you get off the pills.

I'm glad thing are better with your daughter i forget mine is 12, have to stop and think shes hormonal, and i'm sure i've got worse to come but i will cope with it and so will you!!

lynn x :smitten:

yeah I know everyone has got their own story .. We never know what life is gonna deal us but we can only come out stonger on the other side for going through all that h*** ....I firmly believe that what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger... :laugh:

Yeah those preteens are hormonal that's for sure ..done been through one and now my youngest is gonna be the one that breaks me no doubt about it....Lord help me...hear we go.... :laugh:

As far as the alcohol I've been drinking since I was 16 off an on..my 1st husband was an alcoholic so that didn't help...and he still is.....so I know where you are coming from on that issue....

Well gotta go get some supper started.....thanks for helping me out ..... :hug:

Nola

I was lucky i only drank for a few months, never did like it and been tea total for 20 years,

I had the preteen problems this morning but sorted it in a few minutes so shes gone to school happy :laugh:

have a good day

lynn x

Hey there Buddies,

I have a question?and a few comments.. I had a few bad episodes with the tightness in my head/neck yesterday eve and it was time for my pill but I didn't take it...well I got through that episode and even relaxed soon after ...so I only took half my dose..1.25mg..

today however I woke up not feeling good at all..bp was up and just feeling way too anxious...I went ahead and took the other remaining dose from last night of 1.25..

well that has gotten me through the day...this evening I have noticed that the symbols on my shirt are popping out at me ..just weird vison probs... I am wondering if you all think that I will be ok (seeing as how I am regulating my doses as to what I am taking total for the week ) if I just take 1.25mg alternating with 2.5mg doses...as I can't take the w/d for long at all.but I can take it for one day  and then the next day I can regulate and do ok with the higher dose....and it all seems to balance out for me...and throughout the week my total of valium has still dropped some..and since me and hubby  are planning to go away for the weekend for our anniversary and there will be drinking involved and here recently if I do drink I only take half my dose of valium if any at all that night...and that seems to work for me...so far..with no bad consequences for me...If I drink then that takes away from the amount of valium I have to take and for a few days at that..I am beginning to wonder what is the lesser of the 2 evils..I found out that the benzos can affect your bone marrow (hence the high risk of leukemia I found out from going  through the high tech testing I received from the nat doc) I actually came across it from reading a 2005 prescription book and that was an eye opener!...and I am one with that risk because the benzos are affecting me that way..and God only knows how many other ways..

Then it all clicked for me....(1)this is my theory.. I can drink alcohol for a period of time while coming off the benzos to counteract the w/d effects of the benzos that is destroying my bone marrow and blood cell count/replication..and deal with the known side effects of alcohol.Since there are pills or cleansing routines I can go through to increase liver function and stimulate detox  and repair any damage done then wouldn't it make sense to drink alcohol verses taking the benzos and then ween off the alcohol because alcohol is easier to detox off of.I know because I went 2 months without drinking any at all and forced my body to detox without much problem at all...the benzos are what I have a problem with ...that is what I am addicted to....I dunno ..I was just doing some thinking about all this....and have come up with an idea...Even though I drink 2 to 3 nights per week still .... I am still able to decrease my dose of valium and when I do drink ...it makes it easier for me to do so...I know most all of you on here will not agree with my way of thinking and I am not expecting that at all but some feedback would be nice..

Everyone is different and how they choose to come off benzos is different...I do not like taking the benzos but my body is addicted to them..but beer or vodka is different..

The next day I might feel shaky a little or a little anxious without the benzos but it goes away within a few hours and then I am fine...but with benzos it is ongoing...all day every day wondering what different symptom you will have to fight next...with alcohol at least you know...

I am not in any way suggesting people switch over to alcohol so don't get me wrong here but I am merely stating what I feel is working or has worked for me.....I don't think alcohol is a good substitution but just a way out for now..my views might change at any time as I am a woman ;) but for now I am really thinking this is an option for me..to get off my last 2.5mg of valium and then go from there...it is much easier to quit the beer in my opinion than it is benzos..they have too much of a grip on me..and it has become an emotional attachment as well not just physical..such as I can't leave my house without em...I can the alcohol..and go all day without it...but not my benzos !that is hovering over my head all the time ...benzos and side effects and w/d....I struggled 5 years with anxiety/panic before ever touching the benzos so I know I can do this..and live to tell about it...but I definately don't wanna get leukemia from taking the benzos (known risk factor for me from taking them)..this is just an eye opener and anyone taking benzos needs to have their blood checked and their bone marrow tested for abnormalities....

Since benzos are known to cause those kind of problems then doctors should be testing for them...no ifs ands or buts...cancer is too much of a problem already and we don't need another risk factor from taking medicine like this to help with anxiety problems that could potentially cause a devistating disease like this ..

I think I have said enough...sorry to ramble on like this but like I said everything started to click with me when I read the info on benzos and bone marrow and cell replication... if it was me I would wanna know exactly what this drug is doing to my body.you might be surprised to find out...your body and brain is healing alright when you come off these devil pills...more than you know my friend...more than you know..... 8)

thanks for letting me say my peace....

Love and  :hug: to all                                Nola

Gosh, Nola, I don't think it sound like a good plan but you do what you think is best for you.  I would like to know your source (what's the title of that prescription book and author) for the statement that benzos increase the rish for leukemia. That's a new one on me.

Hi Nola,

That's quite a theory you've got worked out there.  :laugh:  But if it's working for you that's what's important.  I think though that messing with your doses of Valium will increase your wd symptoms, that's been proven over time. 

I've read a great deal and talked to many people and I've never heard of benzos increasing the risk of leukemia.  I would like to research that further if you would give me your source.  Dr. Ashton has for many, many years studied the effects of benzos and has reported that with time you will heal from benzo use.  If someone had leukemia as a result of benzo use I think it would be in her reports, but if you will give me your source I will check it out.

[d2...]

There is no possible way to get Leukemia from benzodiazipine use. Period. I don't know where you heard and/or read that, but it's completely untrue... yes, you can get Leukemia from chemicals, but it's very, VERY uncommon and benzo's are not one of the chemicals known to cause the disorder. The majority of cases are genetic - over 95% of them are genetic mutations, so the chances of you having it are slim to nill (unless you have familiar predispostion).

Seriously, you can't get it from benzo use...

As for treating the w/d with alcohol, that's your decision, obviously, but you're acting on the same receptors and are only masking the symptoms - you'd also be preventing healing, so I don't see how this could be advantageous. It's not a way out - it's a method to prolong the agony, imho. If you feel the need to do it and you think it will work for you, that's great, but you need to be aware that it's not going to help in the long run...

-Pete

this taken from The Essential Guide to Prescription Drugs  2005

Page 354

Possible advers Effects( unusual ,unexpected and infrequent reactions)

If any of the following develop,consult your physician promptly for guidance

Mild adverse effects

Adverse reactions - rashes hives-rare

Dizziness, fainting,blurred or double vision,slurred speach,sweating,nausea--possible

Increased liver enzymes - case reports

Ringing in the ears - case reports

Impaired motor skills (dose related to some extent) --frequency varies

Serious advers effects:

Allergic reactions: liver damage with jaundice (see glossary)kidney damage,abnormally low blood platelet count,anaphylaxis-case reports

Respiratory depression - dose related

Bone marrow depression: low white blood cells,fever,sore throat -case reports

Severe lowering of blood pressure,slow heart rate,and cardiac arrest have been reported after rapid intravenous dosing- case reports

hipe fracture - possible indirect effect of the medicine arising from unsteadiness

Amnesia- dose - related

Vein irritation adn or bvlood clots - possible with intravenous (IV)form

HEart arrhythmia ( intravenous form)- possible

Obsessive-compulsive disorder following extended use and abrupt withdrawel-possible

Paradoxial respnses of excitement,agitation,anger,rage-caes reports

Adverse Effects that may mimic natural disease or disorders:

Liver reaction with jaundice may suggest viral hepatitis

Possible effects on Laboratory tests:

white blood cell counts: decreased

BLood thyroxine (T4) level decreased

Liver function tests: increasedliver enzymes (ALT/GPT,AST.GOT, and alkaline phosphatase) increased bilirubil - all rare

urine sugar tests: no drug effect with Tes-Tape: low test results with Clinistix and Diastix,'Urine screening tests for drug abuse may bepositive..( Test reults depopend upon amount of drug taken and testing method used...

this is all from the book.. take it as you will,.. I am just trying to make people aware of what they are taking and what it will do to your body...use your own judgement...get the book ...it is sold on e-bay cheap or maybe amazon if you don't beleive me....

blessings .. Nola