The Long Hold Support Group

[Pa...]

is anyone of this still reading it to help others? I can't stabilise no matter what i try, cut n hold didn't work , 3/5/10 percent daily microdose. I just feel worse everyday. would asuper long hold help? longest ive held is a month and stkill went downhill

Hi I’m not good with the site my brain is working to good either but my story is I was on 1mg Ativan for 9 years last 6 months added .5 I did a 9 month taper but big cuts and held for months suffered a lot every cut but always stabilized it’s only when I jumped for 6 days that all hell broke loose now I’ve been holding at .25 ati dose when I wake up only I’ve done taper like that from beginning haven’t taken a dose at night it’s a year now my symtoms r steady from when I wake till I go to sleep vertigo boaty feeling low energy brain fog vision problems low mood and malaise feeling after arround 8 pm symtoms calm down I dose arround 2 pm it’s 3 months and more holding this dose what do I do I can’t stand this boaty feeling

[3b...]

Agreed, long holding is at least 3 months.

Hi, I just replied to your withdrawal thread. One month is not a long hold. Try to hold longer.

Hi can u help me please I need to know if anyone in this long haul groupe stabalize don a short acting benzo like Ativan I’m holding now for almost 4 months seem to be getting better but slowly want to wait till I get windows of now symtoms before I cut again I’m not indexing if I switch to diasapam low dose like 2.5 or max 5 and try to fully stabalize there any info can help me please my main symtoms now r all mental light dpdr concentration getting a little better eye problems and low energy and vertigo getting a little better

I have no experience with short acting benzos or crossovers but if you are getting better than I would hold longer. I don't think if holding until no symptoms is realistic though.

[c2...]

Hi can u help me please I need to know if anyone in this long haul groupe stabalize don a short acting benzo like Ativan I’m holding now for almost 4 months seem to be getting better but slowly want to wait till I get windows of now symtoms before I cut again I’m not indexing if I switch to diasapam low dose like 2.5 or max 5 and try to fully stabalize there any info can help me please my main symtoms now r all mental light dpdr concentration getting a little better eye problems and low energy and vertigo getting a little better

Hi Rino

Cocodot is correct… it is not realistic to think you will reach a point within stabilisation where you will experience zero symptoms. Just recognise when your symptoms have plateaued (your baseline level), and then begin to taper sensibly.

Hi All,

Soooo...been up since 2:30 a.m., and since awakening, I have been angry.  Like...really feeling a lot of anger about holding as I dose the same amount again...and, again...and, again.

This is in no way saying that I am no longer holding....'cause I am.  However, what I am saying is that I feel a lot of anger about having to hold.  Just want to clarify that.  And...thinking this has GOT to be normal to a degree, no?  This anger?  I'm not used to being angry...sad, depressed, anxiety ridden, in a state of terror...yes.  But, not so much anger.

Wondering...just wondering if I'm the only one.  I missed the call when Acceptance was being handed out in the hall of virtues. 

Warmly,

F

I am in the same boat. Holding feels miserable, I want off this poisson and retake my life. I am sick for almost 5 years now, first from tapering seroxat and now this evil.

But I guess my brain is extra busy repairing as I taper the whole cocktail together the same time. Symptoms are pure insanity, but getting more and more clarity. We will rise again.

• 4 weeks later...

You got this Skinnered!    It's a tough journey but you will get there.

I often read and re-read the posts in this Long Hold Support Group for encouragement.

So far, every time I have held my dose for several weeks I'm rewarded with feeling much better.   

Go slow and let your symptoms be your guide is a good and proven strategy.

gitfiddle,

thank you for your post...I tapering Xanax -- had to hold for five months between august and January...been tapering again at only 3% a month and feeling like I need to hold again ---- did you find that holding longer allowed you to taper off?

Hi Grace. I believe holds help my brain catch up with the cuts. I'm planning to hold for between 4 to 7 months, and then I'll resume my taper. If you "feel" you need to hold, I'd listen to your body (and brain). No one can know better than you do.

Even with my limited experience of daily micro cutting, I found out it's better to hold between cuts, and also, until I feel very comfy with the dose, stable I mean.  Glad to see this group, it was mentioned this morning and I thought right away, I need to be there, so here I am  ;D  PS  My DMT caught up with me after 8 days and I felt that awful way I used to feel if I either forgot to take my 1 mg pill I'd been on 35 years.  From some of the stories I've read, I truly don't know why I'm still kicking but here I am at 70 bound and determined to be free at long last  :smitten::thumbsup::hug:

• 2 weeks later...
I can't say for any individual other than myself, but it's helped me to start holding, and I started directly after tapering every day and it's still working way better, almost zero symptoms.  I've only held since the 9th of this month, but doing good.  :smitten::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

To anyone who might have an answer. I have been on Xanax for about 30 yrs now and tapered myself down to just a tad under .5 a day. Long story short my blood pressure shot up and my Dr increased my dose to .75 .. I wish I just held but I panicked and did what he suggested and updosed. I have updosed before and regretted that as well bc it's all that hard work down the drain.

Anyway, is anyone here on Xanax having a hard time getting .25 pills at their pharmacy? I'm being told there's a shortage and I have to get .5 pills which I hate bc I have to pill split and there's no way I'm tapering these my cuts will be inaccurate as my pills never split evenly. I dry cut that's my method of taper it's what I'm comfortable with. And while I'm here I'm wondering if anyone has gotten high blood pressure from tapering X if so please let me know what you did to help that.

Thanks!

Trishy🙂

I was on my clonazepam 35 years and am tapering off my 1 mg tablet.  I am down just 27% now and it took 3 months, now I'm holding again at .123 dose weight (going by weight was easiest for me).  I dry taper a 1 mg tablet on a cheap little scale that is working excellent for me.  I've had zero wd sxs that kept me from my daily routine.  Very occasional higher blood pressure, I have a cuff and check it once in awhile, usually normal but my doc also wanted me on pills and I said no.

I shave off my taper with a razor blade and practice make almost perfect, first time, but sometimes I have to add a teenie more or take a teenie more off.  I do what I believe is a very healthy diet, Ketogenic, so very low carb, got used to it, lost all the weight I needed to which was right about 40 lbs (I'm at 115 lbs now) for my 5'2" small-boned frame.  I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, and take long walks, weather permitting, and do some floor isometric/body weight exercises before my shower each day.

I am 70 years old, and had never been active until I got diagnosed with a 3rd Degree AV Node block, and have a pacemaker that fixed that, but have to have it replaced, I've had 3 since the first in 97, 10 years after I started Clonazepam.  2.5 years ago I was diagnosed with T2 Diabetes, I was barely into the danger zone for that, turned down the meds and opted for Keto/low carb.  Labs have been Golden since I started keto.  I won't take any meds if I can help it because I've been through horrible times when I did a Cold Turkey of the C, then, about 3 years ago my MD weaned me off too fast, a whole quarter tablet each month.  I had the whole left side of my body go numb for 3 days, same thing (similar)happened to Colin that started this forum.

I don't know if anything I said will help you, but I was hoping you could taper less at a time, and hold until you feel stable.  There is no crime in tapering as slow as you can, if I can do it anyone can do it. I hope you will let us know how you are doing and if your doc will let you taper much slower, that's not advice, that's just what I'm doing and it's working for me ;) Denise

• Like 2