Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks VNM, Ginger, Kitsune, Trishy, Mary.

Yes it is so scary! Kitsune, do you live in the PNW? I am actually in Portland, and I was here for the Gorge fire which was so traumatizing! The Santa Cruz fire has gone from 10,000 acres to 45,000 acres in one day. I have 2 friends who have lost their houses and many that are evacuated. My mom is safe so far but she is in the redwood forest less than 15 miles from the fire. I am worried to say the least. I keep stopping and crying all day today, thinking about the animals and the old growth trees that are burning. California's first state Park, Big Basin is basically the center of the fire. And here I am in Portland  not able to be there to help my mom if she needs to evacuate. But she has lots of people that are checking on her.

Pray for us please. Love you all.

Yes it is so scary! Kitsune, do you live in the PNW? I am actually in Portland, and I was here for the Gorge fire which was so traumatizing! The Santa Cruz fire has gone from 10,000 acres to 45,000 acres in one day. I have 2 friends who have lost their houses and many that are evacuated. My mom is safe so far but she is in the redwood forest less than 15 miles from the fire. I am worried to say the least. I keep stopping and crying all day today, thinking about the animals and the old growth trees that are burning. California's first state Park, Big Basin is basically the center of the fire. And here I am in Portland  not able to be there to help my mom if she needs to evacuate. But she has lots of people that are checking on her.

I live about an 1.5 hours NE of Sacramento. Big Basin is such a beautiful place. I camped there for a field trip in college and just loved it. That is really heartbreaking. I’m glad your mom has people that can help her. The smoke and the ash on my car are a scary reminder.

Oh right, I remember that, we talked about it before. I was in grass valley during the camp Fire, so the toxic smoke and ash was thick in the air.

OK, I will definitely pray for your mom and all near that area,  I hate to think of the animals too, it is all so depressing.  We love you OK and will be thinking about you.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏♥️

Definitely a terrifying scenario in California.  I was born and raised there and moved to the PNW when I was 24.  California has been hit hard by fires for years now.  OliveKitty, I'm glad your mom has people there who can help her.

Three years ago I went through this with my older brother who lives in Ojai.  He did not know where to go when the evac order came. Ultimately he decided not to go and by the grace of God his place was spared.  I understand the frantic worry when loved ones are facing danger and not being able to help.

Mary and Trishy,  thanks, I did look up steroids and benzos and they share a receptor or something so yes, definitely the problem.  Just knowing that calmed me down.  A cup of chamomile tea helped me feel calmer too.  Then I joined a friend for a socially distanced backyard picnic.  It helped trememdously to visit and enjoy a lovely outdoor evening.  A lesson that despite feeling lousy I can push myself to do things and feel better.

I hope we all have a better day today.  Olive I continue to pray for your mother.

This morning I feel better, but no more steroid injections for me.  That was the first and last one I will ever have. G

Ginger, before I let a Dr do anything to me anymore, I try to find it on bb in the search engine.  So many things seem to amp your symptoms.    If I am in Dr office and can't look up bb, I make Dr

make sure there is no interaction between med and gaba receptors.  I have gotten some strange looks.  ;).    Beats the hell out of amped symptoms.  LY, hope you feel better very soon.  Mary  :)

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning ladies and gentlemen l really hope everyone who are at risk of fires or have relatives in the vicinity of fires are ok horrible and frightening situation to be in.l really hope they manage to get them under control.

I have kinda lost track of what has been going on however l know you have all been getting good support here.l am still away in my campervan and enjoying the change of scenery.Can't say the withdrawal symptoms have lessened but what can you do.Am enjoying Sligo then heading off to Galway on Monday.Won't be returning home for at least 10 days then l will have to prepare to go back to work 😵.The numbers of covid cases are rising rapidly so no surprise there.We will see how this plays out.

I hope you all see an improvement soon my lovelies.l will be back when l can.love you all.

Love and hugs Stut X

Ginger, before I let a Dr do anything to me anymore, I try to find it on bb in the search engine.  So many things seem to amp your symptoms.    If I am in Dr office and can't look up bb, I make Dr

make sure there is no interaction between med and gaba receptors.  I have gotten some strange looks.  ;).    Beats the hell out of amped symptoms.  LY, hope you feel better very soon.  Mary  :)

Mary, thank you.  That's great advice.  We have to be our own advocates because the majority of the medical community doesn't have a clue about benzo wd.  I had a good day yesterday.  The jitters are gone now.  I hope you have a good weekend.  G

Good morning all - I hope we all have a good day today.  Sounds like we all had are struggles.  Wd can be a tough journey.  I was reading in my daily mediation book this morning about using our suffering or painful experiences to help other people.  To find purpose in our pain and suffering and help those who may be going through.  Even while we are.  I think that’s what helps us all so much here with one another. 

I’m hanging in there with my sxs.  Ever since COVID hit, as I’m sure we all have felt, maybe some more than others depending on what state your in, the lack of society being opened takes a toll.  I miss my face to face 12 step meetings.  Even though I would sit in my chair with DR vibrating with anxiety I would just go and leave immediately because of the noise and anxiety it was still healing to hold hands and pray and get hugs.  I pray we get through this horrible virus soon. 

I was planning on continuing on my taper Sept 19 but My new target date is Oct 1. 

Question - for those of you who are doing a dmt, do you have to just keep going day by day or can you do a dmt and stop and hold?  That’s what I did when I went from 4.75mg to 4.65mg over a 5 month period.  Now I’ve been holding since July 19 when my sxs ramped up when Maggie was put to sleep.  So my question is - is a dmt just keep cutting and going through it or can a dmt be a cut and hold?  I am so confused and maybe it’s all semantics but I just wanna be clear on my taper plan.  My rate has been .01 every few days.  Then go down another .01 for another few days or week.  You get the picture. 

Your experience? 

Meems. 

Prayers to Northern California and the wildfires and for all the people and animals.  My beloved State.  We are going through hell!  This country needs healing so bad.  :'(

Love u all! 

Good morning all - I hope we all have a good day today.  Sounds like we all had are struggles.  Wd can be a tough journey.  I was reading in my daily mediation book this morning about using our suffering or painful experiences to help other people.  To find purpose in our pain and suffering and help those who may be going through.  Even while we are.  I think that’s what helps us all so much here with one another. 

I’m hanging in there with my sxs.  Ever since COVID hit, as I’m sure we all have felt, maybe some more than others depending on what state your in, the lack of society being opened takes a toll.  I miss my face to face 12 step meetings.  Even though I would sit in my chair with DR vibrating with anxiety I would just go and leave immediately because of the noise and anxiety it was still healing to hold hands and pray and get hugs.  I pray we get through this horrible virus soon. 

I was planning on continuing on my taper Sept 19 but My new target date is Oct 1. 

Question - for those of you who are doing a dmt, do you have to just keep going day by day or can you do a dmt and stop and hold?  That’s what I did when I went from 4.75mg to 4.65mg over a 5 month period.  Now I’ve been holding since July 19 when my sxs ramped up when Maggie was put to sleep.  So my question is - is a dmt just keep cutting and going through it or can a dmt be a cut and hold?  I am so confused and maybe it’s all semantics but I just wanna be clear on my taper plan.  My rate has been .01 every few days.  Then go down another .01 for another few days or week.  You get the picture. 

Your experience? 

Meems.

Hey Meems, you can hold as long as you want at whatever dose you're at. Are you doing a liquid taper?

Mary, thank you.  That's great advice.  We have to be our own advocates because the majority of the medical community doesn't have a clue about benzo wd.  I had a good day yesterday.  The jitters are gone now.  I hope you have a good weekend.  G

Oh I am so glad you are feeling better, some have a real struggle with steroids, maybe that's when they take one of those steroid course packs.  Just glad yours didn't last long.  We are actually having a cool day, we haven't had in months and just that makes me feel better, lighter.  Are u in Ca G, I can't remember.  Please be safe and prepared if you are.  LY, Mary

Your experience? 

Meems.

I am a dlmt, with lots of holds.......I usually go down .1 until that reaches about 5% of my dose.  Hold.

If I am going to have symptoms, It will usually show up around day 10-12, so then I hold longer, if nothing ugly shows up, I continue.    One good thing to figure out, when do your symptoms usually show up after you have been tapering.  Does that make sense?  :)

Your experience? 

Meems.

I am a dlmt, with lots of holds.......I usually go down .1 until that reaches about 5% of my dose.  Hold.

If I am going to have symptoms, It will usually show up around day 10-12, so then I hold longer, if nothing ugly shows up, I continue.    One good thing to figure out, when do your symptoms usually show up after you have been tapering.  Does that make sense?  :)

Hi Mary, yes that totally makes sense. 

LY

Meems

Hi JwL- no, I’m doing a dry cut taper with scale.

I think I see what you're asking, no DMT doesn't mean you have to cut every day. For instance I'm cutting at a rate of .01 mg every 3 days so my next cut will be .98 mg and I'll hold at that dose for 3 days or if I want I'll hold for a week or longer.

Dry cutting at .01 seems hard to me but idk I've never tried it. Have you ever considered crossing over to liquid D? With liquid each line on a 100 ml graduated cylinder is .01 ml/mg

Hi JwL- no, I’m doing a dry cut taper with scale.

I think I see what you're asking, no DMT doesn't mean you have to cut every day. For instance I'm cutting at a rate of .01 mg every 3 days so my next cut will be .98 mg and I'll hold at that dose for 3 days or if I want I'll hold for a week or longer.

Dry cutting at .01 seems hard to me but idk I've never tried it. Have you ever considered crossing over to liquid D? With liquid each line on a 100 ml graduated cylinder is .01 ml/mg

I use liquid too Meems, it tastes awful, but is so much easier.  I just use a little low cal cranberry juice to help with the taste  :laugh:

Happy Saturday people! I'm enjoying a beautiful day: the flowers are in full bloom and the butterflies and hummingbirds are out in force and the vegetable garden is producing more than I can eat. It doesn't get better than this. Being outside is as much a part of the healing process as tapering is.

Happy Saturday people! I'm enjoying a beautiful day: the flowers are in full bloom and the butterflies and hummingbirds are out in force and the vegetable garden is producing more than I can eat. It doesn't get better than this. Being outside is as much a part of the healing process as tapering is.

That sounds like such a lovely day.  Good for you Jwl 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼.      😷😷😷😘

Hello my people,

Hope you all had a decent day. Haven't caught up here with posting so I have fingers crossed you're all doing ok. 🙏🤞

Today was a pretty good day. I cleaned the house and then went out shopping at the mall with the bestie. So overall a pretty decent day.

I hope you all have a good night/ day depending where you are in the world.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Oh I am so glad you are feeling better, some have a real struggle with steroids, maybe that's when they take one of those steroid course packs.  Just glad yours didn't last long.  We are actually having a cool day, we haven't had in months and just that makes me feel better, lighter.  Are u in Ca G, I can't remember.  Please be safe and prepared if you are.  LY, Mary

Mary,

I'm from California, born and raised.  When I was 24 moved to the PNW to a small north Idaho town.  I have family and friends in California,  mostly the Sacramento area.  We have fire season here too every year but this year isn't bad. 

I'm glad you're having a good day. G

Hi everyone,

It seems that everyone is having a good day

I had a wave yesteady aftee cleaning a couch with some toxic product. But today was much better. Slept 10 hours and had 1.5 hours of nap. Going to bed now. I even don't want to think about tapering. My mind doesn't want to go there. I am on FMLA leave. I still need to.rest in the middle of the day , still feeling fragile.

My doc would be okay with me staying  on it for ever since the last episode,  I was suicidal. I don't think she wants to rock the boat. She just know that for me being on valium is very distressing.  I am doing some hypnosis to relieve the stress, and accept to be on valium for the time being until I stabilize.

Each time I have a wave I think "ow no, I am already getting into tolerance " but then I feel  okay.

I am working mantra " valium is a temporary friend. I am.grateful that I can sleep, feel  good and have a productIive life. But our relationship will.be short and we will depart gently and with ease" . The mantra calmed down my anxiety of being back on it.

Hope all is well with you.

Hi everyone,

It seems that everyone is having a good day

I had a wave yesteady aftee cleaning a couch with some toxic product. But today was much better. Slept 10 hours and had 1.5 hours of nap. Going to bed now. I even don't want to think about tapering. My mind doesn't want to go there. I am on FMLA leave. I still need to.rest in the middle of the day , still feeling fragile.

My doc would be okay with me staying  on it for ever since the last episode,  I was suicidal. I don't think she wants to rock the boat. She just know that for me being on valium is very distressing.  I am doing some hypnosis to relieve the stress, and accept to be on valium for the time being until I stabilize.

Each time I have a wave I think "ow no, I am already getting into tolerance " but then I feel  okay.

I am working mantra " valium is a temporary friend. I am.grateful that I can sleep, feel  good and have a productIive life. But our relationship will.be short and we will depart gently and with ease" . The mantra calmed down my anxiety of being back on it.

Hope all is well with you.

I love your mantra Jasmine.  It's great that it eases your anxiety. G.

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing ok. Im doing pretty good. Ly dd

Hey meems, what is rhe meditation of the day!

Its my bday today!!

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing ok. Im doing pretty good. Ly dd

Hey meems, what is rhe meditation of the day!

Its my bday today!!

Happy birthday Suzy!!!! I hope you have a great day in spite of all this 🎂🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉🎁🎈. I'm glad to see the Gabapentin cut isn't being too hard on you. That the best news possible.

[43...]