The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey guys  :)

Well, that didn't go as I wanted.  She said my ekg showed some differences from the last time.  Now I have to have a stress test and an echo.  What's worse, between the pics they take of the heart and being on the treadmill, you are there 4 hours  :( so then going to wait 2 hours and have the echo done.  Sept 10 if I am remembering correctly.  I am one unhappy woman :-X.  The first person we had to pass on some steps, at least outside, had her mask pulled below her mouth, then an extra person jumped on the elevator at the last minute  :idiot:  Very discouraging morning.  I wish I could have gotten the tests sooner so I don't just worry.  Ugh, love you guys.  BBL.  I do have a question, you know I have been complaining about my knee, she said if you can't do the treadmill for some physical reason, they use some kind of medicine.  I haven't looked it up yet, just in case, but has anyone used it before while in wd?  I will do some research later  :)

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷😷🙏🙏🙏😘😘😘😘😘

free has had to use the meds and said it went great.  I am hoping my left knee is better so I don't have to use the med, but that was a relief, I was afraid it might mess up my wd even more.

Whew!!  Now, I am truly in the dumps....will try to crawl out of this hole later.

Love you all, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😷😷🙏🙏

It's ok girlfriend you did the right thing. You went and got checked and now these upcoming tests will reveal that your heart is fine. I'm sure it's nothing serious. Sometimes those quick EKGs aren't reliable so best to get the work up.

So I have had a stress echo before. I didn't have the med that they inject you with if you can't do the treadmill but I know of people who have. They said it was a breeze and much better then running on the treadmill. It's just an injection to get your heart rate up that way you don't have to run to do it. I can ask my daughter or sister any questions you have if you like. My sister works for my cardiologist for years and my daughter worked for a couple cardiology groups in the past. So if you have any questions for them I'll be happy to ask.

I know you're discouraged right now and worried but you'll get through this just like you do with wd. You're stronger than you know.

I'm here for you and so is everyone else here. You have a lot of friend's on BB who love you so lean on us girlfriend.

I know you pray in your own way but I'll be praying in mine. ✝️🙏🙏

Love you very much!

Trishy :mybuddy:❤️❤️❤️

Oh thank you so much Trishy, I had forgotten that , but if my knee doesn't get better, I will just use the medicine.  Yes, I went, wish I hadn't  :P :P.  Have to have a Covid test 2 days before at the hospital, so I guess they get results quickly.  I was at more risk at that damn Dr office.  Thank goodness most of the people not following guidelines were at least outside, so I held my breath until I could get by  >:(.    Love you too 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😷😷😷

Don't worry about covid Mary, you took precaution you wore your mask you'll be fine girlfriend.

My daughter wanted me to tell you that her husband, my son in law, had an abnormal EKG and they put him through tests and his heart was fine. He does have heart issues too but it turned out that his heart had no changes when they did the tests. She said it could have been an artifact with the machine not to worry.

Also common sense says if it was very worrisome to the Dr or it looked like there was a serious issue going on they would not wait you'd be getting those tests ASAP.

So try your best to relax the best you can. You'll get through this and then you can put this all behind you. As my twin your Queen would say " you're going to be grand hen"  ;)

I'm here for you as everyone is. Any time you want to chat or you feel afraid just pm me or chat with me and everyone here. Always here for you Mary, you're dear to my heart but I'm sure you know that.

😘❤️

As you are to mine Too Many.  So many people have come on and told me their stories, I am feeling better already.  I appreciate you and everyone else so much.  I was really anxious when I got home.

Not nearly as bad now.  Thank your daughter for me too!!    😘😘😘🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷🙏🙏🙏

Hey guys  :)

Well, that didn't go as I wanted.  She said my ekg showed some differences from the last time.  Now I have to have a stress test and an echo.  What's worse, between the pics they take of the heart and being on the treadmill, you are there 4 hours  :( so then going to wait 2 hours and have the echo done.  Sept 10 if I am remembering correctly.  I am one unhappy woman :-X.  The first person we had to pass on some steps, at least outside, had her mask pulled below her mouth, then an extra person jumped on the elevator at the last minute  :idiot:  Very discouraging morning.  I wish I could have gotten the tests sooner so I don't just worry.  Ugh, love you guys.  BBL.  I do have a question, you know I have been complaining about my knee, she said if you can't do the treadmill for some physical reason, they use some kind of medicine.  I haven't looked it up yet, just in case, but has anyone used it before while in wd?  I will do some research later  :)

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷😷🙏🙏🙏😘😘😘😘😘

free has had to use the meds and said it went great.  I am hoping my left knee is better so I don't have to use the med, but that was a relief, I was afraid it might mess up my wd even more.

Whew!!  Now, I am truly in the dumps....will try to crawl out of this hole later.

Love you all, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😷😷🙏🙏

It's ok girlfriend you did the right thing. You went and got checked and now these upcoming tests will reveal that your heart is fine. I'm sure it's nothing serious. Sometimes those quick EKGs aren't reliable so best to get the work up.

So I have had a stress echo before. I didn't have the med that they inject you with if you can't do the treadmill but I know of people who have. They said it was a breeze and much better then running on the treadmill. It's just an injection to get your heart rate up that way you don't have to run to do it. I can ask my daughter or sister any questions you have if you like. My sister works for my cardiologist for years and my daughter worked for a couple cardiology groups in the past. So if you have any questions for them I'll be happy to ask.

I know you're discouraged right now and worried but you'll get through this just like you do with wd. You're stronger than you know.

I'm here for you and so is everyone else here. You have a lot of friend's on BB who love you so lean on us girlfriend.

I know you pray in your own way but I'll be praying in mine. ✝️🙏🙏

Love you very much!

Trishy :mybuddy:❤️❤️❤️

Oh thank you so much Trishy, I had forgotten that , but if my knee doesn't get better, I will just use the medicine.  Yes, I went, wish I hadn't  :P :P.  Have to have a Covid test 2 days before at the hospital, so I guess they get results quickly.  I was at more risk at that damn Dr office.  Thank goodness most of the people not following guidelines were at least outside, so I held my breath until I could get by  >:(.    Love you too 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😷😷😷

Don't worry about covid Mary, you took precaution you wore your mask you'll be fine girlfriend.

My daughter wanted me to tell you that her husband, my son in law, had an abnormal EKG and they put him through tests and his heart was fine. He does have heart issues too but it turned out that his heart had no changes when they did the tests. She said it could have been an artifact with the machine not to worry.

Also common sense says if it was very worrisome to the Dr or it looked like there was a serious issue going on they would not wait you'd be getting those tests ASAP.

So try your best to relax the best you can. You'll get through this and then you can put this all behind you. As my twin your Queen would say " you're going to be grand hen"  ;)

I'm here for you as everyone is. Any time you want to chat or you feel afraid just pm me or chat with me and everyone here. Always here for you Mary, you're dear to my heart but I'm sure you know that.

😘❤️

As you are to mine Too Many.  So many people have come on and told me their stories, I am feeling better already.  I appreciate you and everyone else so much.  I was really anxious when I got home.

Not nearly as bad now.  Thank your daughter for me too!!    😘😘😘🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷🙏🙏🙏

I'm glad you're feeling less anxious and very happy that others are chiming in on their own experiences. This is all going to be ok, you'll see. 😘❤️👭🙏🙏🙏

Hi all

4 weeKS after reinstatement. I am 85 per cent

Feeling good most of the time.  Touch wood that it will continue. Went to the mall today.

Morning is still filled with fatigue but I have re introduced decaf black tea and it helped a lot.

Lexapro also saved my life. The depression and suicidal thoughts are gone. I am doing therapy.

That's wonderful jasmine. I think the Lexapro is going to be your miracle.  :)

Hi all

Feeling good most of the time.  Touch wood that it will continue. Went to the mall today.

Morning is still filled with fatigue but I have re introduced decaf black tea and it helped a lot.

Lexapro also saved my life. The depression and suicidal thoughts are gone. I am doing therapy.

That's wonderful jasmine. I think the Lexapro is going to be your miracle.  :)

Jasmine- that is awesome.  So glad to hear that you are feeling better.  Yes, Lexapro is a good SSRI for depression and suicidal ideation.  I took it many years ago when I was in an episode. I have pre-existing issues so that makes bwd all the much harder. Lexapro was very effective in conjunction with therapy.  Now just sit tight and let the Benzo stabilize for a good bit.  Take care!!!!!!

That's great, Jasmine,

I know just what you're feeling: I felt worse and worse,  but Paroxetine changed my life. It's been almost 3 months since I started taking Paroxetine, and began to feel so much better after 4 weeks. The horrible and crippling health anxiety is at least 95 % gone. I started to live again, found my old self again and feel "great".

Still quite a number of physical issues, but I have learned from therapy to not let them get in the way of life any longer.

Of course there still are waves, but most of the time they just last a couple of hours. Most days the "window" is wide open.

Wishing you all the best. Keep the faith!

TS.

Hi all

Jasmine, that is such good news!  You will continue to improve as you hold.  Please, please, please don't think about tapering too soon.  After what you went through give your body and brain a nice respite to heal and further stabilize.  G

Hi all

I’m so glad you’re doing better, Jasmine! This is great news. You are stabilizing! Also glad that the lexapro is working for you. ❤️

Thank you all for your support. 

Another productive day, went to 5 different stores. Cut my daughters hair. She was beaming with joy to see me better. She is 9 and said "mom it is good to see you better" - and I said "honey, I was so bad, I thought I was going to die: she said "panic attacks can't kill you even if it feels this way" (I guess she has been googling) I said "correct. But the worst part is to want to die because the panic are so intense"

It is too bad that I am back on valium at even a higher dose but at least I am functional and all my symptoms have left and hopefully won't return.

My doc asked me if I wanted to stay on it at the same dose, I said yes for a while.

It juts feel good to be able to function again. The fatigue is gone.. my BP is back to 110/75 , normal for me.

Sometimes I have sadness and  anxiety only to think about the taper ahead. I am working with my therapist to let go of the fear and expectations.

I think I am going to stay on lexapro for the rest of my life. I have survived a war, grew up poor. Too much pressure in childhood that males my brain constantly scanning for threat.

When I pick up.my prescription for 5mg of valium pill, it only costed 75 cents. I thought to myself, dang I am glad I am not addicted to a more expensive substance

Another productive day, went to 5 different stores. Cut my daughters hair. She was beaming with joy to see me better. She is 9 and said "mom it is good to see you better" - and I said "honey, I was so bad, I thought I was going to die: she said "panic attacks can't kill you even if it feels this way" (I guess she has been googling) I said "correct. But the worst part is to want to die because the panic are so intense"

It is too bad that I am back on valium at even a higher dose but at least I am functional and all my symptoms have left and hopefully won't return.

My doc asked me if I wanted to stay on it at the same dose, I said yes for a while.

It juts feel good to be able to function again. The fatigue is gone.. my BP is back to 110/75 , normal for me.

Sometimes I have sadness and  anxiety only to think about the taper ahead. I am working with my therapist to let go of the fear and expectations.

I think I am going to stay on lexapro for the rest of my life. I have survived a war, grew up poor. Too much pressure in childhood that males my brain constantly scanning for threat.

When I pick up.my prescription for 5mg of valium pill, it only costed 75 cents. I thought to myself, dang I am glad I am not addicted to a more expensive substance

I feel for you. I worry about how my struggles affect my son (he’s only 5 so hasn’t learned to google yet). Our children are so perceptive, but they are also incredibly resilient. Yes, benzos are very cheap at the pharmacy, yet they can cause a lot of damage. It’s great you are working with a therapist, it will help you in the long run. A good therapist is worth their weight in gold. Be well. :smitten:

:D :D.  That is pretty cheap, the cost certainly isn't an issue.  So glad to hear you sound so well!!

Good for you Jasmine !    🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷😷❣️

Kit, true so cheap but can cost so much damage.

My psych asked me if I have resumed my running.  I thought "what" I even only have enough energy to care for my kids. Then I have to lay down for 30 minutes.

She said it would help cut the anxiety which was true in the past but I was only on 2mg of valium back then.

I gained 2lbs back this week.

Jwl, have you started tapering yet or are you still holding at 1 mg?

Not yet, Kit. I'm finally going to the dentist for my root canal this Wednesday. What a pain (literally and figuratively), There's no one in my town who can do it so I have to drive 2 hours. My dentist said she was worried about a "shadow" (infection?) on the adjacent tooth so it might have to be dealt with too. So, anyway, I'm going to wait to see how I respond before I start. I'm in no hurry. I've been doing this for 6 years. What's a few days? :)

Jasmine, I'm glad your doctor is OK with you holding at that dose for awhile. I seemed to have gotten the impression she wanted you to start tapering soon.

Hi LHSG CREW  :hug: Anyone else got the itching from hell with dry scaly patches of skin , or any exzema type of stuff cropped up I've had it for a few months now on top of 24/7 burning brain and skin , anyone else  have any of these symptoms and those of you who held and feel better did you have it and how long for before the hold actually helped?

Love    Nova XXX :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Ginger,

I was thinking about a post of yours a few pages back when you were speaking about your concussion. You mentioned having trouble with word retrieval. I have that to the extreme. I also have a hard time relaying information or a story to others. For example I was watching the news this morning and my husband called me from work. He asked what was going on the news and there was a segment on the news that I wanted to share with him but just could not for the life of me summarize it for him. I just can not do that! It's so frustrating! I even have a hard time here posting trying to convey what I'm feeling. Very hard to put a lot of what I want to say in words which ends up in too many words in the post bc of massive effort on my part to convey correctly.. Does that make sense? :idiot:

Anyway I just wanted to know if you go through that as well.

Trishy ❤️

Hey Mary,

I hope you're holding up girl. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you. Popped on here early this morning bc I have been up since 3! 🤬 I was freezing cold in my bed from the air conditioning so I ended up just getting out of bed bci couldn't get comfortable again  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hope you have a nice day today.  :mybuddy:

Ly, TT ❤️

Morning LHSG, Hope everyone has a decent day today.

Peace my people,

Trishy ❤️

Hi tt, it's so weird you say that! Last night I completely blamed out. I e had it happen before. Its It's so m.h etching I do all the time. For instance, I put a member I'd in zoom for my aa meeting. I know it by heart and been using it a couple weeks. I could not remember it! That happened to me at work a few times I was so scared. I couldn't re ember things. I hope its the benzo. I can't go back to work like this. I thought maybe it's an aging thing. idk.  I hope others know. Ly dd

Hi all,

Wednesday - update time.

Doing well!

Anxiety gone, fatigue gone, daily nausea gone.

Biking for an hour every day. I feel my leg muscles have become much stronger in the last two months.

But when going for a short walk, it's another story. No idea why this is...

Backpain is worse. Going to see my PT this Friday.

Hope you all have a better day!

Oh wow! I didnt have that happen for a long time. It's scary. Man I hate these drugs. I'm doing good. My neck and shoulder blade muscles hurt. That was there before the gabap cut. I carried the darn bags, then I had anxiety they tightened up, then 8 had a tooth pulled. I hope it goes away. I do have some bulging discs in my neck, so idk. Hope you are doing om and everything goes ok with your tooth! Dd

Hi LHSG CREW  :hug: Anyone else got the itching from hell with dry scaly patches of skin , or any exzema type of stuff cropped up I've had it for a few months now on top of 24/7 burning brain and skin , anyone else  have any of these symptoms and those of you who held and feel better did you have it and how long for before the hold actually helped?

Love    Nova XXX :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I have some dry flaky skin on the top of my arms, some lotion and it goes right away.  My husband has some eczema, not from benzo's, but he uses Gold Bond multi symptom psoriasis relief cream and says it works better than the expensive stuff the Dr prescribed.  I have read several other people on bb talking about what you are describing also.  Hope you get some more help.

Hey, can I ask you guys a question?  Have any of you had Gerd?  Did it really hurt and what did you do for it?    I am having a lot of pain off and on when I roll on my right side in the bed.  :)

Mm!

I have GRD. It got bad for a while. Usually it feels like chest pain pre bwd. Now I feel acid and burning. Bad benzo belly. P,us the lack of going the bathroom is awful. I've been taking pepcid. I notice certain foods trigger it. Ly dd

Mm!

I have GRD. It got bad for a while. Usually it feels like chest pain pre bwd. Now I feel acid and burning. Bad benzo belly. P,us the lack of going the bathroom is awful. I've been taking pepcid. I notice certain foods trigger it. Ly dd

I have bad pain in the middle of my chest.  My benzo belly is better right now.  Damn benzo's, you can't get rid of one thing without getting another.  Was yours bad pain? 

[85...]