• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [sa...]

• [An...]

• [Be...]

Hold on tight lovely. It’s a super rough ride right now but you will get through this - it’s going to be ok - I promise. As much as you can just focus on what us on front of you right now - try not to think ahead or behind. It’s going to be ok - it really really is. Just hold on & keep breathing. Big love to you gorgeous girl xxx

No thanks beck. I’d honestly rather die than take anything like that again.

Look at you strong mama - there you go - in the depths of the trenches but still so so much strength. You got this girl - you really do. Xxx

Hope you get some rest tonight, Shayna. Even a little. You're still my hero. All your kind posts helped me with my own insomnia over the months. You kept me strong.

HM

Thanku girls. I took half a unisom had a few hours woke up took another half and not sure what happened think I had some light sleep after that. Woke up with adrenaline surge and anxiety and haven’t had either of those in months. It’s my husbands birthday today so I have to dig deep x thanku for all ur thoughts. I’m so sad this has happened. I thought things were finally getting better x

No thanks beck. I’d honestly rather die than take anything like that again.

I don't blame you for not wanting anything prescription. Prior to catching COVID shayna, how were you doing?

I have tried a lot of the things ppl have suggested in this thread. The only natural thing that has a slight effect on my sleep is melatonin but I do not like taking it bc it does not give me a feeling of restorative, restful sleep and it also gives me really bizarre dreams. When I do take it, I can take no more than one mg. I  still take melatonin from time to time, but I do not take it nightly or even regularly to aid with sleep.

Mild cardio right before bed is what helps me the most. Ppl say exercise right bf bed is too stimulating, but I am talking about a mild 11 min session on my stationary bike right before bed. It is often just enough to enable me to fall asleep 10-15 minutes after doing it.

I was doing pretty well. I still wasn’t sleeping very well, average week was around 18 hrs

But I coped pretty well. I went back to work 3 months ago so I was feeling much better except for the sleep. Now the sleeps gone and anxiety is back too x

I have tried a lot of the things ppl have suggested in this thread. The only natural thing that has a slight effect on my sleep is melatonin but I do not like taking it bc it does not give me a feeling of restorative, restful sleep and it also gives me really bizarre dreams. When I do take it, I can take no more than one mg. I  still take melatonin from time to time, but I do not take it nightly or even regularly to aid with sleep.

Mild cardio right before bed is what helps me the most. Ppl say exercise right bf bed is too stimulating, but I am talking about a mild 11 min session on my stationary bike right before bed. It is often just enough to enable me to fall asleep 10-15 minutes after doing it.

Melatonin does nothing at all for me. I haven’t taken it in ages. I used to take it as part of a stack with cbd and unisom. But recently I was doing much better so I had gone 7 weeks without taking anything now I feel like I’m back to square one

[41...]

Melatonin does nothing at all for me. I haven’t taken it in ages. I used to take it as part of a stack with cbd and unisom. But recently I was doing much better so I had gone 7 weeks without taking anything now I feel like I’m back to square one

I mention time released melatonin for 2 reasons:

1. Regular melatonin only has a half life of less than 1hr. Meaning that it will help people that have sleep onset issues. BUT if you can't fall asleep within that 1hr period, the melatonin was wasted. Time released Melatonin will release it slowly within a 6hr period, so it doesn't hit as hard, but the effect is much steadier (and giving you a much better chance to fall asleep from it)

2. Last time you tried it, perhaps your receptors were so badly damaged, it just didn't make a difference. You may have better luck now with a more healed brain?

That's al I will say on the matter, and let myself out.

Yeah I was just talking about the supp melatonin. I will try time release. Might try to get some today x

Are u talking about circadin? Andros?

[41...]

Yeah I was just talking about the supp melatonin. I will try time release. Might try to get some today x

Are u talking about circadin? Andros?

Looked it up: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/25643

"Each prolonged-release tablet contains 2 mg melatonin"

Yes! that will work. I'd try 2 tabs (for 4mg total) and see how they work for you.

BTW, if you still have other supps, like Theanine, this would be a great time to stack them.

Don't use Tryptophan with Melatonin though, since this can potentially turn into Melatonin itself. But you are 100% safe to use Melatonin, Theanine, Kava, and Magnesium together, if you can get them.

shayna, maybe you need to get your hormones checked?  Hormonal imbalances can cause insomnia, I believe.

I’ve had many hormone tests becks. Everything is always in range and it just makes me look like a basket case. I am due for one but don’t really want to even bother

Andros01 gave a good suggestion. I hope you will at least try and let us know if it helps or not shayna. I know COVID can make you feel pretty crummy but not being able to sleep on top of that just makes you that much sicker.

Are you running a temp. with the COVID? Mine got up to 100 but it did not go any higher. Once I started feeling better, my temp came back down and has remained in the normal range.

I’ll try the melatonin if I can get some today. U have to be 55 to buy it here, but my hubby is 53 so will see if he can get it x

No fever just body aches that are very uncomfortable xx

Are you gonna see if you can get the time release tablets like Andros01 suggested shayna?

What he wrote makes more sense and should work better than the immediate release tablets that I take from time to time.

Why the reason for being over age 55 before you can buy melatonin OTC? I have never heard of that.

I had bad body aches too shayna. I think you will recover from covid w/o any issues. My doctor told me unless my fever got over 100.4 or I started having trouble breathing, or if my blood oxygen level got to 90% or lower, I should be ok and I was.  I have a cheap  pulse oximeter that I bought from Amazon about a year ago that I used to measure my blood oxygen level.