I don’t know why I bother going to bed

[Sh...]

That's amazing well done. How long did you take them before sleep improved. Took unisom & melatonin had in cupboard last night so might be out of date but it helped. Was taking chamomile but seems can revv up my anxiety at times . I think it's the  fact you end up with dark circles under eyes due to lack of sleep you think you look older. I got a good eye cream and improved mine x

Last night was looking like a rough one so I had me combo. Slept 3-4 hrs and feel like I didn’t sleep at all. Feel like crap but I’ve had some heavy news this week so important for me to get some sleep. So didn’t get much more than the last few nights without.

The combo sounds like it worked for u too Leann.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [He...]

• [le...]

• [Be...]

@Shayna 78

I used to think I was aging rapidly from not sleeping.  I look back at pictures when I was sleeping like you (lots of 1-3 hour nights with zero nights mixed in) and I didn't look any different

Maybe thinking you look older is also a WD symptom?  I was fixated about it for at least 6 months.  I even thought the skin on my arms was rapidly wrinkling....LOL

I look fine today for my age..... :)

Thanks the way. I think it’s the weight gain actually that makes me look older. I’ve always been slight, and weighed under 60 kgs my whole life. But now I’m 68. And it’s impossible to lose the weight using all the same methods I used to. Although I’m not doing the cardio I used to.

Feel like some botox wouldn’t go amiss ha

Hi Guys:)

I had a 4 to 5 hour night last night. Slow but sure. I lay in bed for 8 hours to get 4 to 5 hours of sleep but that's the way it goes! Wishing everyone a great day and good nights sleep!

HM

Wow that’s great hm! Did u go to gym? Did u take anything? Let’s document coz u never know who’s reading might help someone.

I went thru a stretch around April where I was walking 10-15 kms a day and sleeping really well at night. Like 4-5 hrs. But then I was tapering so it didn’t last long. I wish heaps of excercise made a difference for me but it’s hit and miss.

@Shayna 78

I used to think I was aging rapidly from not sleeping.  I look back at pictures when I was sleeping like you (lots of 1-3 hour nights with zero nights mixed in) and I didn't look any different

Maybe thinking you look older is also a WD symptom?  I was fixated about it for at least 6 months.  I even thought the skin on my arms was rapidly wrinkling....LOL

I look fine today for my age..... :)

At my current 42, the 6 months of hell I went thru did make a difference in my gray hair. I had just a tad prior to the whole thing in my facial hair, Maybe 10%. Now it's 80% of it. In 6 months.

But that's the only difference thankfully.

I’m 42 too andros  :)

Yep I am virtually white on my temples now. Wasn’t too bad before this but now I am. My hubby had virtually no greys before his stroke and now he has heaps. So stress definitely makes the difference.

I'm grey on my temples, get the hair dye out, greying hair is definitely ageing I think, it will make you feel better.. Normally get it done at hairdressers, in lockdown they were shut for about 4 or 5 months. Had to hack at mine myself. Don't get any Botox. My sister the witch has fillers and Botox, and the trout pout lips, not a good look. That doesn't sound that heavy, I'm about 10 stone at moment. About 5 ft 7 " tall.

Hi Guys:)

I had a 4 to 5 hour night last night. Slow but sure. I lay in bed for 8 hours to get 4 to 5 hours of sleep but that's the way it goes! Wishing everyone a great day and good nights sleep!

HM

Wow that’s great hm! Did u go to gym? Did u take anything? Let’s document coz u never know who’s reading might help someone.

I went thru a stretch around April where I was walking 10-15 kms a day and sleeping really well at night. Like 4-5 hrs. But then I was tapering so it didn’t last long. I wish heaps of excercise made a difference for me but it’s hit and miss.

Hi Shayna,

Yes, I took my usual 50mg of diphenhydramine, 10mg melatonin and 10m CBD. I took that same combo last night and got about 2.5 hours. There is a possibility that the decaf I ordered at Starbucks turned out to be caffeine. I'm not sure. Anyway, I didn't go to the gym yesterday but I will today. I'm trying to get back in shape. I used to be in great shape years ago. It's a long, uphill battle.

Have a great day,

HM

Yeah the last time I took my combo I got 6 hrs, then next time 3-4. Last night I went for a 2 hr walk then did a pump class. I was falling asleep on the lounge went to bed passed out had a nightmare that woke me up after an hour. Ridiculous.

It was about my daughter and she’s going thru some health challenges atm so it’s obviously playing on my mind. I went back they my usual wind down again but no more sleep.

Just goes to show having a full day and wearing urself out means nothing. So frustrating. Oh well. Here we go again. Groundhog Day

Just wanted to say totally agree with what you said on your last comment on your blog. I felt exactly the same last week. Yes Groundhop Day sucks so it goes on. Just started l Gabapeptin meant to re set your GABBA receptors calm things down , figure worth trying one last thing. Least you found something that works occasionally better than nothing😊

Groundhog Day really. Just don't seem move forward, don't get lot worse but don't really seem to improve. Have cut off contact with my sister will hopefully help. Only 14 months off SSRI's so figure will take longer than if I'd never taken them. Hope the combo still works for you some nights.

Only got it today. Usually get a reaction after about week if things going Rev things up. Trying think it will help, as think can make a difference with supplements. Just you get bit despondent when it's gone on for over 2 and half years don't you!

Think any stress makes things worse, family def affected me. You said you'd had bad news could well making the combo bit hit and miss at moment. Hope things settle down.

I've only been back to the gym for 2 weeks and I am so weak! I just got back and I am exhausted after lifting those tiny weights, lol. I hope it helps my sleep tonight. Have a great night guys!

HM

Yeah after I went yesterday I was sooo exhausted. I didn’t help my sleep but I enjoy it anyway. It’s good to be back there x

Sweet dreams HM

Are your symptoms still just insomnia? Can't believe this is coming back after so long off. Combo didn't work that well last night. Think we've both been bad in a past life for it to go on so long. Hope you get a better night!

That's good. Just hoping this is a blip, can't cope with the chemical anxiety and insomnia. Strange you don't get anxiety/ depression when you get so little sleep, especially with all the meds they tried on you, I'm pleased for you that you don't.This whole thing makes no logical sense at all. Even when I sleep doesn't ease the anxiety. Just ordered a probiotic as well, someone on insomnia board recommended.I'll let you know if either help

Insomnia is my only major symptom too. I have other smaller symptoms but they are manageable. I feel like it's slowly getting better but I never know what I am going to get. I got 4 to 5 hours last night and I'll take it. Can't wait for another 7 hour night to come.

Have a great day and sweet dreams everyone.

HM

That's good. Just hoping this is a blip, can't cope with the chemical anxiety and insomnia. Strange you don't get anxiety/ depression when you get so little sleep, especially with all the meds they tried on you, I'm pleased for you that you don't.This whole thing makes no logical sense at all. Even when I sleep doesn't ease the anxiety. Just ordered a probiotic as well, someone on insomnia board recommended.I'll let you know if either help

I do get anxiety and depression when my sleep gets really bad. But when it’s better I just feel normal. But yesterday I had to redirect my thoughts quite a bit because of only an hr. Today I feel very groggy after my combo but I slept about 6 hrs broken. If I was sleeping 4 hrs a night I think I would be basically healed but I’m not even close to that yet

Insomnia is my only major symptom too. I have other smaller symptoms but they are manageable. I feel like it's slowly getting better but I never know what I am going to get. I got 4 to 5 hours last night and I'll take it. Can't wait for another 7 hour night to come.

Have a great day and sweet dreams everyone.

HM

Same HM my other symptoms are manageable. My eye is bad some days but that’s a combo of lack of sleep and damage from amitriptiline.

Have you read Red One's post about what he used to help? So far melatonin and unisom seems be helping but don't want take it every night in case stops working. How is your sleep? So far OK with the l glutamine trying pro biotic as well now. I get about 3 or 4 hours then wake up and doze again for about an hour. Don't think  the myth that everyone needs 7 hours is necessarily true. Even on zop only ever got about 5 hours.

That's true...there is a small percentage of the world's population that do fine on 4+ hours of sleep each night

Badsocref is on of them.  He went on Benzos because he didn't think 4-5 hours per night was enough.  After he got off and healed up he is back to 4-5 hours per night and once in awhile

he gets 6 hours a night.

I do fine on 6 hours per night, but like it when I get the 7 or 8 hour nights...