I don’t know why I bother going to bed

[Sh...]

Apparently Maggie Thatcher only got 4 hours a night she seemed manage pretty well. Think it's the quality of sleep more than anything.  I used sleep sometimes longer on zopiclone, but didn't dream much and didn't feel refreshed in the morning. Just think people  seem to think they have get at least least 7 hours a night, then worry if it's less. i think I generally get about 5 hours, if wasn't for the anxiety normally cope OK on that but I don't work so that of course makes a difference.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [He...]

• [le...]

• [Be...]

Insomnia is my only major symptom too. I have other smaller symptoms but they are manageable. I feel like it's slowly getting better but I never know what I am going to get. I got 4 to 5 hours last night and I'll take it. Can't wait for another 7 hour night to come.

Have a great day and sweet dreams everyone.

HM

Same HM my other symptoms are manageable. My eye is bad some days but that’s a combo of lack of sleep and damage from amitriptiline.

Shayna, Sorry about your eye. I am happy you had a 6 hour night. I took my usual combo (diphenhydramine 50mg, 10mg melatonin, 10mg CBD) and got 4+ hours. It does make a difference vs. 2 or 3 hours. Every extra hour helps. I have read all the posts about not needing 7 hours a night but I sure like it when it happens.

Have a great day, everyone,

HM

My sleep has been shocking the last 2 nights. I don’t even know if it’s sleep. Just feels like day dreams. I’m so tired of being awake. I think when I first go to bed I fall asleep but then I go quite deep and then I’m awake with an hr or so. I’m feeling very tired but once I wake up it’s difficult to get back to sleep even tho I do the same things I do to get to sleep. My fit bit shows mostly light sleep with a lot of wakefulness but it also shows the initial pass out when I go to bed.

Anyway I’m going to Pilates soon regardless x

Sorry your sleep been so bad, really seemed like your combo was helping.I'm going to try not taking anything tonight, as don't want get dependent on unisom & melatonin. So far OK on the l Gabapeptin, trying the pro biotic that was recommended. My pilates starts again this week after 18 months being stopped due to covid. Think you are amazing still doing stuff on so little sleep. Hope end in sight soon for us both.

Heart Most you are very lucky to get 7 hours, been years since I managed that!

I spent the whole class crying silently. I am tired of being tired. I am tired of being awake. I am tired of looking and feeling terrible.

I’m so tired.

You still managed to do it. I know that feeling, I get groceries delivered can't cope with supermarket, last week felt really hopeless woke up blubbing had try not to boo in front delivery man. You are amazing all you manage to do on so little sleep. Hope things soon turn around for you.

I feel absolutely awful today. I’ve been crying most of the day. Cannot see a way out of this shit today. Looks like tonight is a combo night coz mentally I have hit my limit.

I still went to Pilates, got a haircut, drove an hour to put a medical deposit down for my daughter, went for a walk along the beach, did the school run and a bunch of housework. Next is homework and fighting my super annuation fund to access my money to help pay for my daughters medical expenses. All I want to do is roll into a ball and die. So it’s not like I’m not trying.

I feel absolutely awful today. I’ve been crying most of the day. Cannot see a way out of this shit today. Looks like tonight is a combo night coz mentally I have hit my limit.

I still went to Pilates, got a haircut, drove an hour to put a medical deposit down for my daughter, went for a walk along the beach, did the school run and a bunch of housework. Next is homework and fighting my super annuation fund to access my money to help pay for my daughters medical expenses. All I want to do is roll into a ball and die. So it’s not like I’m not trying.

I'm so sorry about your bad day. I hope you have a good nights sleep. It's bedtime for me. Wish me luck!

HM

Had hardly any sleep despite taking the combo . Can't cope with insomnia coming back on top of anxiety. Like you tShayna tried everything, therapy, CBT, supplements, breathing exercises, self help books , more meds, makes sod all difference. Just hope fact 3 years seems be turning point for lot people is true.. I really love the song "Don't stop believing" from Glee, kept playing that last night trying get my brain believe I will recover.Hope you get better night xx

Sorry to hear it Shay, wish I could hold you in my arms like a baby and you could sleep like one. You, and all others, deserve it X 1000000000.

Shay,

I know you are doing your best to live a normal life, but at 3 months off, I could barely take my garbage down the driveway to the road in front of my house.  Too much activity (physical) can actually ramp up symptoms and make sleep worse for many?  I know you need to get things done for your family and live your life, but maybe slow down a bit if possible?  Be kind to yourself...and take a break here and there when possible.  You're doing amazing on the little amount of sleep you get!

Hi guys,

I got about 4 hours last night. I am grateful for it. I wish it were 6 or 7 but I'll take it. I am having a super stressful time right now and could use some reassurance that it's all going to be OK. Sigh...

Hope everyone has a good day and a great nights sleep.

HM

Shayna, I'm sure I speak for the rest of us fellow sufferers when I say that to us you are a hero - your fortitude, compassion, and insightfulness are a beacon to us all.  We're with you all the way.

Thanku KA x that’s beautiful x at the very least we’ve all got each other don’t we. To keep each other afloat. Even if that’s only by understanding and experience.  :smitten:

Thanku to everyone else that’s commented too. Theway, kachina x Thanku x

I’m at therapy for my son right now. When I feel bad for myself all I need to do is look around here. The faces of the Mums of not verbal autistic children paints a story I can relate to. They look just as disheveled as me, exhausted. But my little boy can walk and talk, and tell me he loves me. So I have everything really. I’m greatful for what I do have x

Shayna, you sound like a very caring and loving mother.  I do pray that you will be able to get regular sleep every night with no sleep aids.

Thanku becks and kanoba xx 💋

Something funny just happened. I was sitting on the lounge at therapy with my handbag next to me which had my little boys water bottle in it. I mustn’t have screwed the lid on properly and half a liter of water had soaked the bag, the lounge and my shorts all the way thru to my undies and I had no idea until I stood up! Omg! I didn’t even feel it! Now I look like I weed myself  :thumbsup: winning

It's interesting that I just read that antihistamines like Unisom have anti-inflammatory properties.  I have Lupus Encephalitis brain inflammation and wonder if Unisom would help me?

Hey there,

How is everyone?

Shayna, That's a funny story about your handbag.

I am back down to 3.5 hours of sleep. Hard to believe, not that long ago, I got two nights of 7 hours of sleep.

Hope everyone is sleeping well.

Have a great day,

HM