• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [He...]

• [le...]

• [Be...]

Wow that’s fantastic hm x do u mean the alpha stim?

Sounds like the gym is helping to wear u out x

I mean the Fisher-Wallace brain stimulator. You put it on twice a day for 20 minutes and it sends an electric signal through your brain to stimulate seratonin and help with anxiety, sleep and insomnia. I'm not sure if it's helping or not but I keep using it, just in case.

HM

No I don’t really feel hyper I just don’t want to sit around worrying about things. I’ve always been active so it’s just the way I am. I can’t really sit around it’s not my nature

Well, maybe it's the gym that was helping my sleep. My gym is closed on Saturday and Sunday and last night, I was back to 3 hours. Tomorrow, unless I absolutely cant do it, I am going to the gym and weight training for 30 minutes and doing the treadmill for 30 minutes and see if it doesn't help my sleep.

HM

I had some bad news yesterday so I didn’t sleep last night. Think maybe an hr really light. So so tired of this.

I hope the gym helps you HM. I’ve been too upset to excercise today. Just exhausted from the everyday battle that is my life.

Hopefully I’ll sleep tonight. I’m really tired. I did sleep 3 hrs the last 2 nights before that tho without taking anything so I was happy about that x

Most of the time nothing happens. I go into the void as I call it and then I’m just awake. It’s devastating. My TSH was 1.40. Range is 0.40-3.80

Shayna I also did a test and my TSH is exactly the same value as yours.....1.40...

I had some bad news yesterday so I didn’t sleep last night. Think maybe an hr really light. So so tired of this.

I hope the gym helps you HM. I’ve been too upset to excercise today. Just exhausted from the everyday battle that is my life.

Hopefully I’ll sleep tonight. I’m really tired. I did sleep 3 hrs the last 2 nights before that tho without taking anything so I was happy about that x

I'm sorry about your bad news. I never know what I am going to get. I stack melatonin, diphenhydramine and CBD, so I can only assume it's helping, but I'm not positive. I slept maybe 5 or 6 hours last night, which for me is exceptional. The night before last was 3 hours and I have had plenty of zero hour nights. I'm also using the Fisher-Wallace brain stimulator and not sure if that is helping or not.

Hope you have as good a day as you can and you get some sleep tonight.

HM

That’s fantastic Hm. I got 6 last night from melatonin cbd and unisom combo. I have medical appointments for my kids and they will be particularly stressful so I had to sleep to prepare.

I hope the combo and gym helps u xx 💋

6h is great.

My combo 100mg seroquel + 25mg trazodone doesn't work anymore. Just few hours of broken and very low quality sleep. Until two weeks ago 75mg quetiapine were enough to "kick in" giving me 3-4.5 of deep sleep. Now just once in a while. It works less and I have less side effects. I guess my body became accustomed.

6h is great.

My combo 100mg seroquel + 25mg trazodone doesn't work anymore. Just few hours of broken and very low quality sleep. Until two weeks ago 75mg quetiapine were enough to "kick in" giving me 3-4.5 of deep sleep. Now just once in a while. It works less and I have less side effects. I guess my body became accustomed.

I worry about my body becoming accustomed to whatever is working for me. Those 6+ hour nights are awesome until they are followed by a zero night. I hope I am lucky again tonight and can have a 5+ hour night of sleep. I went to the gym, so I hope that helps.

HM

When I was sleeping 4h on 75mg seroquel I tried to get some extra sleep adding 6.25mg antihistamine (atarax) after waking up at 3/4am. It worked wonderfully for a couple of days. Then, back to square 0. I guess this experiment made me more resistent also to the antihistamine effect of seroquel.

I worked out yesterday and took all the same supplements and it was back to 2 to 3 hours of sleep. At least it's better than nothing.

I hope you're all having a great day.

HM

How much melatonin do you take? Not sleeping now as well, not sure how much is a safe dose to take, got some in the cupboard. As unisom doesn't always work on it's own.

Melatonin is a hormone.  It's not regulated in the US and is sold OTC.  Some countries regulate it like a prescription drug.

Your body makes mcg not mg of melatonin at night.  Some people argue that it doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier very well so you should take high amounts like 2mg to 10mg?

You'll have to experiment with the dose, but in my experience it never helped me sleep.

Melatonin is actually for regulating your sleep/wake cycle and doesn't directly induce sleep.

Your sleep drive and rhythm need to be in sync for sleep to occur and melatonin helps adjust your rhythm so it's in line with your sleep drive

The main issue is Benzos remove almost all, if not all, of your sleep drive, so no amount of melatonin will help under those conditions.

Good luck.

How much melatonin do you take? Not sleeping now as well, not sure how much is a safe dose to take, got some in the cupboard. As unisom doesn't always work on it's own.

6mg when I take it.

Hi guys,

Theway2, It's always nice when you share your education. I take melatonin because it worked for me before benzos, so it is a psychological thing to keep taking it.

Shayna,

I hope you're doing well and getting some good nights in.

Last night, for me, was probably 3 to 4 hours. I am hoping for another 7 hour night soon! :)

Wishing you all good nights sleep very night,

HM

OK thanks, just ordered 3 mg, need bit more than unisom at moment. Are they still helping?

They don’t help me on their own but with unisom cbd combo they altogether help

Hi guys,

Theway2, It's always nice when you share your education. I take melatonin because it worked for me before benzos, so it is a psychological thing to keep taking it.

Shayna,

I hope you're doing well and getting some good nights in.

Last night, for me, was probably 3 to 4 hours. I am hoping for another 7 hour night soon! :)

Wishing you all good nights sleep very night,

HM

Hey hm x I’m getting 3 hrs atm without taking anything so I’m ok with that. God I’m aging tho. Makes me sad but what can u do.

Glad ur doing better xxx

That's amazing well done. How long did you take them before sleep improved. Took unisom & melatonin had in cupboard last night so might be out of date but it helped. Was taking chamomile but seems can revv up my anxiety at times . I think it's the  fact you end up with dark circles under eyes due to lack of sleep you think you look older. I got a good eye cream and improved mine x

@[Sh...]

I used to think I was aging rapidly from not sleeping.  I look back at pictures when I was sleeping like you (lots of 1-3 hour nights with zero nights mixed in) and I didn't look any different

Maybe thinking you look older is also a WD symptom?  I was fixated about it for at least 6 months.  I even thought the skin on my arms was rapidly wrinkling....LOL

I look fine today for my age..... :)

Hi Guys:)

I had a 4 to 5 hour night last night. Slow but sure. I lay in bed for 8 hours to get 4 to 5 hours of sleep but that's the way it goes! Wishing everyone a great day and good nights sleep!

HM

[33...]

@Shayna 78

I used to think I was aging rapidly from not sleeping.  I look back at pictures when I was sleeping like you (lots of 1-3 hour nights with zero nights mixed in) and I didn't look any different

Maybe thinking you look older is also a WD symptom?  I was fixated about it for at least 6 months.  I even thought the skin on my arms was rapidly wrinkling....LOL

I look fine today for my age..... :)

At my current 42, the 6 months of hell I went thru did make a difference in my gray hair. I had just a tad prior to the whole thing in my facial hair, Maybe 10%. Now it's 80% of it. In 6 months.

But that's the only difference thankfully.