I got the second dose of the Covid vaccine

[Je...]

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday evening, and so far, I feel more tired than usual and a sore arm, and that's it!  My husband got his second shot, and his first was Pfizer and his second was Moderna, cause they are mixing and matching here in Canada.  He is feeling much worse than I am this morning.  He also had a strong reaction to a flu shot a few years ago, where he basically felt like he had the flu for a few days and missed a day of work, which is very unlike him.  He was never on benzos.  My reaction to the first shot was much stronger based on how I feel so far.  I'm pretty happy with this result. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [se...]

• [to...]

• [ki...]

Well, hahaha, maybe I spoke too soon.  I was completely useless the day after my second shot.  I was just so so tired.  It felt kind of like a general malaise feeling that you get when you are very tired from the flu.  In a way, it did feel a little bit like benzo withdrawal, which, honestly, is frightening.  However,  after a good night's sleep, I am already feeling better.  I am still feeling more tired than usual, which of course is a known side effect, but it hit me harder that I expected.  All in all, I am so glad I got the shot, and I'm sure I'll feel even better tomorrow.  I was just very surprised how little I could do the day after my shot.  I also had a headache, but not a migraine, just a regular headache. 

Yes, I was very tired for a couple of days also. After the first shot (Pfizer) I just had a sore arm, so wasn't expecting to feel so dragged out for a couple of days. (I took a couple of afternoon naps with the cat). The fatigue passed. Odd, but really, no big deal. Certainly better than getting Covid!

Katz 

I got my second Monderna vaccine 2 days ago, and I am fine.  I've been told the vaccine does NOT directly effect GABA receptors.  I made myself a nervous wreck over the first vaccine, so my WD symptoms went nuts.  But it was just WD and anxiety. This time all I had was some fatigue and nausea.  Definitely worth it!!!  Now I can go back to the gym....

I had my first dose on Saturday and I feel like I’m slipping back into acute WD. I’m 2.5 years off so I’m hoping this is just all anxiety revving everything up!  I too, was a nervous, anxious wreck before getting the shot and just as bad after.  Glad to hear that it passed for you! 😊

Hopper, I was like this:

I too, was a nervous, anxious wreck before getting the shot

But I was anxious because there were no vaccination venues near me and I WANTED the shot. I haunted my computer for a solid week, trying to find someplace that was giving the shot. Anyhow, after getting vaccinated (1st shot) my anxiety melted away. Yours may, too. Amazing what our minds do to us, isn't it?

Just sayin' . . .  :-\

Katz

Hopper, I was like this:

I too, was a nervous, anxious wreck before getting the shot

But I was anxious because there were no vaccination venues near me and I WANTED the shot. I haunted my computer for a solid week, trying to find someplace that was giving the shot. Anyhow, after getting vaccinated (1st shot) my anxiety melted away. Yours may, too. Amazing what our minds do to us, isn't it?

Just sayin' . . .  :-\

Katz

Thanks for the reply Katz!  I hope you are right! 😊