I got the second dose of the Covid vaccine

[Je...]

Hey Mary - how is your arm doing?  Good I hope. 

I go for my second shot next Tuesday!  I am looking forward to being fully vaccinated and being able to do some things again, like go to the beach that is less than a mile away from my home.  Last year could not go as there were so many tourists and so many breakouts of covid.  This year we will both be fully vaccinated and will definitely go and hang out on the beach and walk the boardwalk and maybe have lunch somewhere some days.  Ahhh  - I can not wait.

We moved here in Oct 2019 so we could enjoy the water and salt air and a couple months later, covid hit.    Still have to be careful but know we can start living again.

For one day, my arm hurt like crazy, but I thought about it and my first shot was done so well, I didn't even feel it, my second shot was a jab  :D.  I wonder if that didn't cause it  :).  But all pain gone, and am like you, so thrilled it is over and we are on the way to a more normal life.  I just heard, they have 30k vaccines here in San Antonio ready to go and March 29th , they are opening vaccines to everyone.

They are outracing the surge we might have from Spring Break and so far seem to be doing a good job  :D.  Enjoy that beach  :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [se...]

• [to...]

• [ki...]

I go for my second shot next Tuesday!  I am looking forward to being fully vaccinated and being able to do some things again, like go to the beach that is less than a mile away from my home.  Last year could not go as there were so many tourists and so many breakouts of covid.  This year we will both be fully vaccinated and will definitely go and hang out on the beach and walk the boardwalk and maybe have lunch somewhere some days.  Ahhh  - I can not wait.

We moved here in Oct 2019 so we could enjoy the water and salt air and a couple months later, covid hit.    Still have to be careful but know we can start living again.

For one day, my arm hurt like crazy, but I thought about it and my first shot was done so well, I didn't even feel it, my second shot was a jab  :D.  I wonder if that didn't cause it  :).  But all pain gone, and am like you, so thrilled it is over and we are on the way to a more normal life.  I just heard, they have 30k vaccines here in San Antonio ready to go and March 29th , they are opening vaccines to everyone.

They are outracing the surge we might have from Spring Break and so far seem to be doing a good job  :D.  Enjoy that beach  :smitten: :smitten:

Mary - that could have something to do with it.  I did not feel the first one and hope to not feel the second one.  LOL  I did not feel the first one, except it did burn for a nano second when she took the needle out but then that was it.    I am glad your arm is better now.  My husband never felt either shot and only had a sore arm with both and that was it which is great!

That is great about outracing the possible surge and that more vaccine will be available to all.  Hoping more people get the vaccine.  I bet Florida is going to have issues since they had over 100K people there for spring break.  That was a mess down there.

We usually get a lot of people here in Myrtle Beach but I really do not think many people came this time.  They may have but we have not noticed more people than normal.

Take care and I will enjoy the beach soon!  :smitten: :smitten:

Mary - that could have something to do with it.  I did not feel the first one and hope to not feel the second one.  LOL  I did not feel the first one, except it did burn for a nano second when she took the needle out but then that was it.    I am glad your arm is better now.  My husband never felt either shot and only had a sore arm with both and that was it which is great!

That is great about outracing the possible surge and that more vaccine will be available to all.  Hoping more people get the vaccine.  I bet Florida is going to have issues since they had over 100K people there for spring break.  That was a mess down there.

We usually get a lot of people here in Myrtle Beach but I really do not think many people came this time.  They may have but we have not noticed more people than normal.

Take care and I will enjoy the beach soon!  :smitten: :smitten:

I love Myrtle Beach.  I use to go once or twice every year when I was in my late teens, early 20's  :laugh: :laugh:  Lived in North Carolina.  Actually got married there the first time on the most gorgeous spring day.  Marriage didn't last but still remember how nice the day was  :D

Yes, it is nice here!  Glad you enjoyed your time here, sorry about the marriage ... ;D  Maybe one day you will come back!  :smitten: :smitten:

This looks like the BEGINNINGS of a "light at the end of the tunnel" for the world with this pandemic.

Hopefully in time, every country will be at the point where Israel is at.

*Please keep replies upbeat and non political with the point for the entire world to eventually EVENTUALLY get here - a Pandemic Endgame.

Article dated April 2nd 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/02/really-good-place-israel-nearing-covid-endgame

Hi everyone,  I wanted to give an update on my 2nd covid vaccine shot.  The first day and second my arm was more sore than when I got the first shot but was still not too bad.  I was tired the day of the shot and was for a couple days.  Also had a mild headache for a couple days but now am fine. 

It was worth doing.  The mild effects from the shots were not bad at all and it definitely is better than getting covid.  My husband only had a sore arm with each of his shots.  I am so happy we are both vaccinated and in a couple weeks I will have the full protection that the vaccine shots give,  Plan on going the long mile to the shore and hang out watching the waves and enjoy getting some sun,  It has sucked to be so close to the beach and not feel safe enough to go and enjoy it. 

I hope everyone is doing well and I really hope everyone that can get vaccinated, will!

Hugs to all,

Julia :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

What am I doing?

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Vaccine reaction?

« on: April 03, 2021, 11:24:06 pm »

QuoteModifyRemove

I have been doing pretty well lately and was almost ready to jump ship after dropping from 1mg to .06mg over past year.  Got my 1st vaccine (Moderna) no issues.  Got my 2nd dose this past Tues and got the expected 2 day flu like symptoms, but then it kicked in bad anxiousness, bloated belly, tinnitus, vertigo and brain fog nonstop for past 4days.  Anyone have a bad reaction?

I am so sorry you had a negative reaction.  Has anyone had the Johnson and Johnson vaccination?  I am scheduled for Wednesday, I am so nervous.  I have Hashimoto’s and allergic reactions to everything. Last week I had a reaction to a bandaid.  It has me wondering if I have a mass cell syndrome?

Any words of encouragement greatly appreciated...

I am so sorry you had a negative reaction.  Has anyone had the Johnson and Johnson vaccination?  I am scheduled for Wednesday, I am so nervous.  I have Hashimoto’s and allergic reactions to everything. Last week I had a reaction to a bandaid.  It has me wondering if I have a mass cell syndrome?

Any words of encouragement greatly appreciated...

Not much activity on the J & J yet but there could be some mentions interspersed in these existing threads.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=252628.0

I had my second Pfizer shot last Tuesday 3/30 and think that it’s thrown me into a wave. After my first shot all I had was a sore arm for a day. I had my second shot at 6:30pm on Tuesday 3/30. I felt ok until about noon on Wednesday 3/31. Then I had the typical reaction of starting too feel just icky like you normally do when you feel sick. It wasn’t the worst. I went to bed and woke up feeling ok the next morning 4/1 Thursday. Then, around 3pm or so I had some nausea and it’s been on and off since then. This is a typical sx of mine in a wave. Then,  morning Monday  4/5 at about 2:30am I woke with pretty bad nausea and started to feel acute like. Terrible sweats, nausea, other GI issues, tinnitus, slight vertigo. All very typical of my bad wave days.

It’s been about 7hrs and I still feel terrible and acute like. It’s hard to tell if this is from the shot but I assume a strong immune response is tough on your cns.  I really hope that this wave doesn’t last long! I’m so disappointed but still glad I got the shot. I seem to be the exception as most people on here seem to tolerate it well which is great.

I'm not trying to sow doubt in taking the vaccine. Get it. I'm happy I did. But I do want to let people know how my body has reacted in the week since getting it. Thanks.

OMG...I sadly feel like I'm not crazy reading this.  I got my 2nd Moderna shot and then it has been like the worst wave for me the past 4 days.  The tinnitus is loudest ever and I know have vertigo which I never had had.  Reading the vertigo forum there are hundreds of people with same reactions.  I am truly praying this goes away and no regretful for having gotten shot.  I was doing great before this and had to cancel a flight due to the crazy amount of tinnitus and fog.  If you find anything that helps, please let me know.  I will do same. 

I am so sorry you are feeling poorly after such progress in you taper.  I am sure this will pass, stay strong!!

Thank you.  Fingers crossed.  Luckily you are getting the J&J.  I have been scouring the internet and that one has dramatically less side effects.  The vertigo forums are filled with tons of miserable Moderna posts (vertigo and tinnitus), but I have not seen one J&J complaint.  Best of luck!  I'm sure you will fare well.  I'm pissed I didn't go for that one and drowned out by tinnitus now. 

Beware of Moderna...there is now a Facebook Group titled "Tinnitus after Covid Vaccinations" with hundreds of members complaining about onset of vertigo and brain fog after Mrna vaccinations.  Most of these people had zero issues prior. 

Beware of Moderna...there is now a Facebook Group titled "Tinnitus after Covid Vaccinations" with hundreds of members complaining about onset of vertigo and brain fog after Mrna vaccinations.  Most of these people had zero issues prior.

On a positive note, I've had both doses of the Moderna shot, I'm in full blown taper mode (plenty of physical side effects every. single. day.) and had no problem whatsoever with the vaccine.  I don't discount that others have, rather I'm just chiming in to say that it's not a given that you will.  I have zero regrets.  All went smoother than I ever anticipated.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Bernie, having it tomorrow morning.

SeaSalt,

Thinking of you!  Please keep up posted.  Hopefully it will be a "non-event" with just a sore arm! 

Fondly,

Lori

Hello Everyone,

I was terrified to have the vaccine, for the past three days I agonized over it.  I was not sure I would do it this morning, but I pushed through the fear and did it.  I want to let you know that I did have a small reaction (increased heart rate, blurred vision, jaw became clenched and my arms and back felt really heavy).  This is the same reaction I had the first time I had an IV dose of Benadryl in the hospital. This reaction lasted about and hour and resolved.  They opted to observe me for about 45 minutes and released me.  I can't tell you how relieved I was.

I had the vaccine at 8:30 am, it is now 1:34 pm and now I am starting to feel as though I am coming down with something.  Not horrible as I am still able to work etc.  My father warned me that he had minimal symptoms for two days and on the third day he developed a fever for about 4 hours of 101 and it resolved.  He is 72 and said it really was minor.  I am suspecting the same will be the case for me.

I want to let those that are holding back that last night was rough, I was awake the entire night agonizing over the worst case scenario due to being considered high risk from having reactions to IV medications and having Hashimoto's.  I am more proud of myself for not allowing the FEAR to take a hold of me.  Anyone with anxiety knows the only way to over come it is to push through.  I am happy because I wont dwell on the "what if I get covid"  thought or "what if I have a major reaction to the vaccine" thought.  I can be around my grand daughter and begin to live life.  I know there are lots of you that can not get the vaccination, I wanted to be responsible and protect you in some small way as well.

If you are having hesitation please don't.  I react to EVERYTHING from peanuts, vitamins, medication etc.  I am doing great on day one.  I hope this helps someone else make a decision.  Baddove, Lori and many others were so kind and helped ease my fear and I hope I can pass this along as well. 

Thank you everyone for being such a great support system.

Sorry you had a rough experience with this. Still very proud of you for doing it. As you said, the "what if's," would nag at you if you didn't.  Please keep us updated.  Hope by the end of the week you are back to baseline.

Interestingly, Myself and my kids can't take Benadryl without having a bad reaction as well.

Thank you baddove.  How are you feeling?  No symptoms?  I honestly believe I am having a thyroid flare.  I am going to have some bloodwork.

I think it’s interesting we both react to Benadryl, they told me it was rare...