• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [se...]

• [to...]

• [ki...]

Received 2nd dose of Moderna two days ago.  There were significant symptoms, none of which had any correlation to benzo withdrawals.  Good news I guess.

Symptoms started about 12 hours after the shot and stopped sometime in my sleep around 36-48 hours: 101.5 fever, nausea, body aches, dizziness and insomnia.  It was pretty bad.  Felt worse than the flu to me. 

I am completely fine now.  Most of my colleagues, I am in the healthcare industry, had pretty much the same symptoms at varying degrees. 

I would do it all over again.

I'm going to lay in supplies for the second dose, make sure I have all I need to rest comfortably, I've never been so excited to get sick.  :laugh:

Check that. :crazy: Will plan on 2 sick days when I finally get my second shot, hubby too, told him to take off 2 days on administration of shot 2.  Neither of us have received anything yet. Husband is in current group, just waiting his turn. I am in the last group.

I'm going to lay in supplies for the second dose, make sure I have all I need to rest comfortably, I've never been so excited to get sick.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:  Hilarious Pamster, me too  ;)

My parents who are in their eighties both had the shot-the first dose. They are both quite poorly with normal ailments for their age. Neither of them had any reaction to the shot whatsoever!

My Father in law also no reaction whatsoever and he's in his eighties

My mother in law had flu like symptoms for two days only.

Everyone is different with or without benzos so I imagine on this forum it will pretty much be the same sort of experiences

Shania

I did that for the first dose. I laid out fresh pajamas, snacks and food. I even put fresh sheets on the bed and was ready to dive in and it was only 2:00 in the afternoon. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PG

To everyone reading about the second vaccine.  I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine and simply had a slight sore arm the next day.  I know others who have also had the same experience.  I only offer this as information and hope everyone who gets their vaccines breeze through  :thumbsup:

Thank you Pamster.  I was not aware of that.

Wonder if it's causing problems during taper or protracted?

Yes, am wondering if people who are very symptomatic are getting the vac and what their reactions are?  I imagine if they feel bad and can't go out much, maybe they are not getting it...    someone do pm me if you find anything on this.

thx.

I got my second Monderna vaccine 2 days ago, and I am fine.  I've been told the vaccine does NOT directly effect GABA receptors.  I made myself a nervous wreck over the first vaccine, so my WD symptoms went nuts.  But it was just WD and anxiety. This time all I had was some fatigue and nausea.  Definitely worth it!!!  Now I can go back to the gym....

Thank you Pamster.  I was not aware of that.

Wonder if it's causing problems during taper or protracted?

Yes, am wondering if people who are very symptomatic are getting the vac and what their reactions are?  I imagine if they feel bad and can't go out much, maybe they are not getting it...    someone do pm me if you find anything on this.

thx.

Have the same question...

My husband and daughter got their 2nd dose of Pfizer in the past 2 days. Both have experienced fatigue and a headache but it's pretty mild.

• 2 weeks later...

This is cross posted from another thread. I wanted to place it in this thread:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/02/real-world-trial-pfizer-covid-vaccine-finds-high-2-dose-good-1-dose

"Real-world trial of Pfizer COVID vaccine finds high 2-dose, good 1-dose protection"

On a personal note: I am scheduled to receive my 2nd Pfizer dose tomorrow morning. Originally, I had planned to travel out of state on business after receiving the vaccine but, upon reading about likely symptoms after the 2nd dose (fever, chills, aching bones, fatigue, etc.) I am now planning to put off my travel plans for a least a few days after the 2nd dose.

Edit: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2021/second-dose-vaccine-side-effects.html

"When Your Second Vaccine Dose Packs a Punch"

Just a quick update: I had the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning. It's been about 19 hours since the vaccination and I haven't noticed any significant adverse events. My arm was only slightly sore, I took a nice nap yesterday afternoon and I had a nice night's sleep. I didn't feel fatigued but I wanted to take it easy and not push myself too hard until I felt confident that all was well. I'm now confident that I am ready to travel for out of state business. According to the research reports, the vaccine should reach its full effectiveness in about one or two weeks. Sincere Best Wishes to All. 

My second dose of the Moderna vaccine is on Wednesday the 17th.  Will update after I receive it.  Fingers crossed.

Lori