I got the second dose of the Covid vaccine

[Je...]

Just a quick update: I had the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning. It's been about 19 hours since the vaccination and I haven't noticed any significant adverse events. My arm was only slightly sore, I took a nice nap yesterday afternoon and I had a nice night's sleep. I didn't feel fatigued but I wanted to take it easy and not push myself too hard until I felt confident that all was well. I'm now confident that I am ready to travel for out of state business. According to the research reports, the vaccine should reach its full effectiveness in about one or two weeks. Sincere Best Wishes to All.

Fi:  Glad to hear!

I recieve my 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow.  A little nervous.  Will keep all posted.  So happy that yours went so well!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [se...]

• [to...]

• [ki...]

Posting on this page as well:

I recived my 2nd Moderna shot on Wednesday afternoon.  I felt perfectly fine until around the 12th hour.  Sore arm (much worse than the 1st shot), a lot of body and muscle aches, extremely tired, headache and general unwell feeling.  This all lasted for a good 24-36 hours.  Fortunately, no fever at all.

I woke this morning and all symptoms are completely gone other than the injection site is still tender but nothing in comparison to the first 24 hours.  I feel great today!

I'm in the throws of tapering off the last milligram of Xanax and I can honestly say that it did not cause any uptick in symptoms at all. I was genuinly concerned about the latter and pleasantly surprised at how well I'm feeling! The whole experience was at most unpleasant but definitly not horrible!

In a nutshell, it was totally worth it!  Good luck, everyone!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori

Lori,

By any chance do you have food sensitivities or allergies?  That is what is really holding me back as I am so sensitive..

Lori,

By any chance do you have food sensitivities or allergies?  That is what is really holding me back as I am so sensitive..

I do have food sensitivities (gluten, dairy, etc.), chemical sensitivities to just about everything since I started my taper, as well as major allergies to mold, pollen, ragweed and certain trees.  I had zeo issues with the vaccine.  I was genuiely concerned but honestly, everything was completely fine.  I have zero regrets and truly feel great today!

I hope this helps!  :)

Lori

It's been 16 hours since my husband's second Pfizer shot.  Only a sore arm and only that when he was laying on it!!  :).    Now mine is tomorrow, everyone wish me luck  ;).

Lori - thanks for posting. with so much fear out there and especially concern in this community it is good to hear your was a decent experience. I've had to wait on the vaccine bc I had the real thing in Dec. (they say its good to give some space if you had it).

I'll decided long ago I'll take my chances with taking the vaccine bc having covid was no joke and I def do not want to go through that again. I also work in a hospital - I've seen what covid can do when it goes really bad.

But to be transparent, I'm hoping that when its my turn I can do the J&J one bc its a one shot deal  ;)

Lori,

Hi SeaSalt,

Just to let you know.  I actually got the vaccine even though I did not think I would be able to due to allergies to so many things and meds and did not have a problem with it.  I had the normal sore arm for  a day and I was really tired the day of and the next day but was fine after that.

I have had doctors tell me I was allergic to so many meds when in fact I found out a couple weeks ago, a medication not working for me may cause a reaction - but that does not mean it is an allergic reaction.  Two years ago, I had a colonoscopy and I drank that horrible gallon of polyethylene glycol and it did not work - I had terrible stomach pains and my face did its usual thing when I am anxious and do not know what is happening to my body and swole up.  I called the doctor on call and he told me I was having an allergic reaction to the polyethylene glycol so I have been thinking all this time that I am allergic to it.  When I found out people that are allergic to that can not get the vaccine, I was so upset.  My husband is very high risk and I have my own issues and I was so afraid of getting covid.  Well - a couple weeks ago, I started doing research on the J & J vaccine and I happened to come across some information that said that polyethylene glycol is in alot of different OTC meds so I looked at the ingredients of a med I take and have taken for 10 years and sure enough, the polyethylene glycol is in it.  I take this med every day and if I were allergic to that ingredient - I would have had issues a long time ago.  It just goes to show that, for me anyway, I can not always believe what a doctor tells me when he does not run test etc.  I got the first dose of Pfizer on March 9th and my second dose will be March 30. 

I am still allergic to some meds for sure and to chemicals and for sure formaldehyde but I was able to get it thank goodness.  I personally would talk to my doctor if I were you and asked what they think.  You might be able to get it and if you can't, at least you will have the information.

Take care.

Julia

Lori,

I do have food sensitivities (gluten, dairy, etc.), chemical sensitivities to just about everything since I started my taper, as well as major allergies to mold, pollen, ragweed and certain trees.  I had zeo issues with the vaccine.  I was genuiely concerned but honestly, everything was completely fine.  I have zero regrets and truly feel great today!

I hope this helps!  :)

Lori

Hi Lori,

I am so glad things went well with your vaccine.  That is great!!!

Love you lady!

Julia :smitten:

Lori,

Hi SeaSalt,

Just to let you know.  I actually got the vaccine even though I did not think I would be able to due to allergies to so many things and meds and did not have a problem with it.  I had the normal sore arm for  a day and I was really tired the day of and the next day but was fine after that.

I have had doctors tell me I was allergic to so many meds when in fact I found out a couple weeks ago, a medication not working for me may cause a reaction - but that does not mean it is an allergic reaction.  Two years ago, I had a colonoscopy and I drank that horrible gallon of polyethylene glycol and it did not work - I had terrible stomach pains and my face did its usual thing when I am anxious and do not know what is happening to my body and swole up.  I called the doctor on call and he told me I was having an allergic reaction to the polyethylene glycol so I have been thinking all this time that I am allergic to it.  When I found out people that are allergic to that can not get the vaccine, I was so upset.  My husband is very high risk and I have my own issues and I was so afraid of getting covid.  Well - a couple weeks ago, I started doing research on the J & J vaccine and I happened to come across some information that said that polyethylene glycol is in alot of different OTC meds so I looked at the ingredients of a med I take and have taken for 10 years and sure enough, the polyethylene glycol is in it.  I take this med every day and if I were allergic to that ingredient - I would have had issues a long time ago.  It just goes to show that, for me anyway, I can not always believe what a doctor tells me when he does not run test etc.  I got the first dose of Pfizer on March 9th and my second dose will be March 30. 

I am still allergic to some meds for sure and to chemicals and for sure formaldehyde but I was able to get it thank goodness.  I personally would talk to my doctor if I were you and asked what they think.  You might be able to get it and if you can't, at least you will have the information.

Take care.

Julia

That was a great post and great information.  I hope a lot of people read it !!  Thank you!!

How did your second vaccine shot go Mary5588?  I hope well!

:smitten:

It's been 8 1/2 hours, so far, just a sore arm.  :D :D. So thrilled to have it over, but really want more of the people I love on here to get one.  That's why I loved your post so much  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for caring 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘

You folks in Europe and US is very lucky in my country no have yet vaccinations because rich country no want to give us it is so unfair. Rich country must give us because covid is world problem and if still remain in poor country it can change variant and make vaccination not effective

You folks in Europe and US is very lucky in my country no have yet vaccinations because rich country no want to give us it is so unfair. Rich country must give us because covid is world problem and if still remain in poor country it can change variant and make vaccination not effective

Its beginning to happen.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56451810

Thank you Pamster

But Canada is rich country already got big stockpile 500%. Canada is mostest stungy country in world. Mexico is not poor country compare mine. Canada should give vaccine poor country also Europe.

How did your second vaccine shot go Mary5588?  I hope well!

:smitten:

It's been 8 1/2 hours, so far, just a sore arm.  :D :D. So thrilled to have it over, but really want more of the people I love on here to get one.  That's why I loved your post so much  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for caring 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘

It's my pleasure. I was so upset when I thought I couldn't get it and so relieved when I found out I could.

I'm glad you're doing well. I agree, I'd love for more people I love to get the vaccine.

My sister has decided not to because she's scared of it but I've been trying to get her to reconsider. She's also a school bus driver and I worry about her.

Take Care!! 😊😊💖💖

Update, OMG my arm got so sore last night.  Never count your chickens  :D.  Still thrilled with my shots  :smitten:

Mary, a sore arm is a very small price to pay right? I told myself my side effects was the medication working and I'm happy to embrace them.  :smitten:

Update, OMG my arm got so sore last night.  Never count your chickens  :D.  Still thrilled with my shots  :smitten:

Mary, a sore arm is a very small price to pay right? I told myself my side effects was the medication working and I'm happy to embrace them.  :smitten:

Me too pg, me too.  I am really grateful.  :smitten: :smitten:    Still trying to work on some friends, but it's slow going.  :). These threads really helped ease my anxiety over having the vaccine.  bb helps us in so many ways !  :smitten:

Mary, I'm with you, a sore arm is a small price to pay.

Glad you're good otherwise.😊😊😊♥️

Thanks tolnbltp!    Our threads on the vaccines have been great.  ;)

Thanks tolnbltp!    Our threads on the vaccines have been great.  ;)

I agree.  I hope they show others to at least consider getting the vaccine.  The more people that are vaccinated, the quicker we can get back to going out and living pre covid and to be able to be around the people we love.    :smitten:

Hey Mary - how is your arm doing?  Good I hope. 

I go for my second shot next Tuesday!  I am looking forward to being fully vaccinated and being able to do some things again, like go to the beach that is less than a mile away from my home.  Last year could not go as there were so many tourists and so many breakouts of covid.  This year we will both be fully vaccinated and will definitely go and hang out on the beach and walk the boardwalk and maybe have lunch somewhere some days.  Ahhh  - I can not wait.

We moved here in Oct 2019 so we could enjoy the water and salt air and a couple months later, covid hit.    Still have to be careful but know we can start living again.