I got the second dose of the Covid vaccine

[Je...]

At my first vaccine appointment in late January, I was still taking valium and was scared there could be some reaction from that 🤷‍♂️ anyway, I was quite anxious at that appointment and when waiting for 15 mins afterwards.

This time it wasn’t even as bad, I was surprised, although I’m not on this planet and in an awful mental health place, I got through it. I panicked at the idea of being too panicked, I panicked about potentially having a panic attack and freaking out on the floor - but aside from that I was okay.

I’ve been home for 8 hours and so far have the same side effects as the first dose, slightly sore arm, additional fatigue, otherwise kind of okay. Hasn’t revved up my withdrawal side effects or increased a wave intensity YET, I’ll report back if it does.

I read a couple of other accounts before getting mine, I was a little anxious, but I think I’m in a ‘F U anxiety’ mode where I can’t be bothered with it anymore, bring on the fear, at some point the anxiety becomes so intense and the derealisation makes you so numb that you somehow cope...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [se...]

• [to...]

• [ki...]

Kojack,

Your last comment is actually how I felt too by the time I made it to the clinic to have the vaccination.  I am so glad it is over for you too. 

Had my second Moderna vaccine this morning. Glad it's over, now to wait and see how I feel over the next couple days. Didn't sleep well last night, feeling a bit nauseas and having some air hunger. Not having the anxiety yet that I had after the first shot. Will update symptoms if/when they develop.

That's great news!  My anxiety was up a bit after my shot but it passed after a day or so.  Glad you are on the other side of it!

Some arm discomfort (had nothing from 1st shot), but nothing bad. Mostly feeling more fatigued than I normally do from Benzo W/D. Had chills in the afternoon, but I get them from Benzo W/D too, so can't say it's the vaccine. See how I feel tomorrow, really tired so maybe I'll sleep better tonight.

Didn't sleep well last night. Have a constant headache and chills. Been spending more time in bed, have little energy to do anything. Hope this goes away in a day or two. Most reported they felt better after a few days.

Didn't sleep well last night. Have a constant headache and chills. Been spending more time in bed, have little energy to do anything. Hope this goes away in a day or two. Most reported they felt better after a few days.

I'm sorry BL.  I hope you feel better soon.    :smitten:

Thanks, Mary. Well, I did get a little sleep this afternoon. And rotating through my supply of ice gel packs for the headache. At least this is now behind me.  :D

Lottie, thank you for sharing. I’m scheduled for my second Moderna shot on Monday. I hope you feel better quickly.

Hopefully yours will go better than mine. We are all different, and we react differently too.

Thanks, Mary. Well, I did get a little sleep this afternoon. And rotating through my supply of ice gel packs for the headache. At least this is now behind me.  :D

Yes , and that makes a huge difference in weight on your shoulders, it sure did for me  ;)

Yes , and that makes a huge difference in weight on your shoulders, it sure did for me  ;)

I'm doing much better today. Still some fatigue, but overall nothing other than minor arm discomfort.

I am relieved this is now over with.  ;) 

I’m a little over 2 hours post second Moderna shot. Arm is sore and nothing else so far. I will update if anything changes.

I’m a little over 2 hours post second Moderna shot. Arm is sore and nothing else so far. I will update if anything changes.

One time I don't hear from you  :D.  LY  :smitten:

It’s been over 24 hours since I got my second Moderna shot. I didn’t sleep well last night because my arm hurt so much, but it’s feeling better now. I still have a headache, body aches, and some fatigue but not too bad.

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday and absolutely no problems so far.  My arm is kinda sore but I had more pain from mr Shingles shot last year.

I keep waiting for a bad reaction, but so far, knock on wood, nothing!

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday and absolutely no problems so far.  My arm is kinda sore but I had more pain from mr Shingles shot last year.

I keep waiting for a bad reaction, but so far, knock on wood, nothing!

Good for you GP!  Here's hoping no bad reactions!!  LY  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I got Pfizer and I was so nervous. It was in a massive vaccination centre which was stressing me out but then I was also terrified I was going to have a reaction. I got through it and 24 hours after, I have a sore arm, a head ache and I'm a little dizzy but apparently that's normal. In fact, I feel happier and less foggy than I have in months...

I would strongly recommend getting the vaccine- I had a covid scare a few weeks ago (luckily I didn't have covid) but I read up on covid and long covid in particular. That does NOT look fun and looks basically like acute benzo WD all over again with no known timeframe.

That's not something I want to risk getting and I would totally prefer a few weeks of vaccine side effects, if I was going to have a reaction, which I haven't so far! Just my two scents.

Hi all,

I got Pfizer and I was so nervous. It was in a massive vaccination centre which was stressing me out but then I was also terrified I was going to have a reaction. I got through it and 24 hours after, I have a sore arm, a head ache and I'm a little dizzy but apparently that's normal. In fact, I feel happier and less foggy than I have in months...

I would strongly recommend getting the vaccine- I had a covid scare a few weeks ago (luckily I didn't have covid) but I read up on covid and long covid in particular. That does NOT look fun and looks basically like acute benzo WD all over again with no known timeframe.

That's not something I want to risk getting and I would totally prefer a few weeks of vaccine side effects, if I was going to have a reaction, which I haven't so far! Just my two scents.

Congrats KJ!!! It does help remove some of the anxiety about catching Covid.

PG

I got my second Pfizer dose a week ago, and it was less painful overall than the first one. Just a sore arm for a few days, really.  :thumbsup: All done!

Received my second dose of Moderna last Thursday.  Other than a new baseline kicking my butt these past many weeks, I did fine with the vaccine.  I had the obligatory sore arm, a headache and a few body aches—which admittedly made my muscle tightness a bit more uncomfortable—but happy to report I’m now fully vaccinated. 

Received my second dose of Moderna last Thursday.  Other than a new baseline kicking my butt these past many weeks, I did fine with the vaccine.  I had the obligatory sore arm, a headache and a few body aches—which admittedly made my muscle tightness a bit more uncomfortable—but happy to report I’m now fully vaccinated.

HOORAY!! One less thing to worry about! 🥰