Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

On chapter 7 of Giver of Stars now  I've got copy of Normal People my daughter in law said it was very good. If you google Richard & Judy 10th Anniversary Book club, they have chosen 10 best books over last 10 years they have recommended. One of them is Room which was really good about girl who was abducted, very tense drama but does have happy ending. I've read quite few of them all been good.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn’t finish normal people coz it was a bit depressing and I was in bad place at the time but watched the series. Yes room is now a movie too

I've got it anyway depressing doesn't sound great. Saddest book I read years ago was diary of Anne Frank but something you feel you should read, when we were in Amsterdam went to see where she lived was very emotional. Giver of Stars not depressing just bit slow get going!

[da...]

Ladies, I've requested Ship of Brides from my library but there are quite a few people ahead of me.  Go ahead and start the book and I'll catch up when I get it if I can.

Kate    :smitten:

I means to say Giver of Stars.  I've too many book titles floating around in my head!!    ::)

Woot! Giver of Stars just became available at my library so I checked it out. Gonna finish China Rich Girlfriend and then I’ll start ASAP.  :D

I've got it anyway depressing doesn't sound great. Saddest book I read years ago was diary of Anne Frank but something you feel you should read, when we were in Amsterdam went to see where she lived was very emotional. Giver of Stars not depressing just bit slow get going!

Saddest I experienced is Angela's Ashes

Ladies, I've requested Ship of Brides from my library but there are quite a few people ahead of me.  Go ahead and start the book and I'll catch up when I get it if I can.

Kate    :smitten:

I means to say Giver of Stars.  I've too many book titles floating around in my head!!    ::)

You can also read it online at bookcool.com for free  :thumbsup:

Yes Angela's Ashes was quite depressing. There was some talk afterwards that he made some of it up, and his childhood wasn't as bleak as he made out, don't know if it's true. Think I'll order Flowers in the attic sounds good.

How are things in the US see Trump saying things getting better over there.

There are spikes in some places and not in others. Kind of hit or miss. Some are expecting an increase in cases this Fall.

Sounds similar to here, there have been local lockdowns but so far cases low where I live so managed escape another lockdown at moment.

We have anywhere from 650 to 900 NEW cases a day. Yesterday count was 690 with 300-400 pending. Keep in mind Trump says lots of things but the test don't lie. Remember he was the one who said it would just disappear....etc etc I'm going to respect the " don't discuss politics" rule and not say what I really want to say  :tickedoff: It's best if you look at the number of cases per state. As Kit stated some states are doing better than others. I'm sure there will be books series and movies about this covid pandemic.

Just looked up figures here latest were 17,000 a day in England. We're singing from same hymn sheet re Trump get what you are saying. It is pretty bleak here but just feel so sorry for people loosing their jobs with the rules constantly changing. I am finding the restriction on social contact not helping me but am very aware lot other people now having mental health problems as well. Soap I watch started up again and including covid in storyline. On lighter note be interested hear what you all think of the book.

Awesome kits that’s great. Kate I know u will catch us. I’m only on chapter 1. I feel so bad for u guys with Covid. I heard things are getting bad in Italy again.

So I’ve read the first 4 chapters, I think I’m going to enjoy this book. I love the characters already, I think margery is going to change Alice for the better. Can’t think of a better job than delivering books by horseback thru beautiful country! I love horses. Think alices hubby might be liking the change in her too. And she’s starting to win some locals over...What do u guys think?

It's just very different to her other books I am warming bit more to it , Margery is definitely most interesting character in it I think. Still finding it bit hard to get into but glad you're enjoying it. Don't know if it's Based on fact and people did actually do that years ago. Lot of the people in it  seem to think womens' place is in the home and just keep quiet.

I think it’s based on true events as in traveling S o far I’m enjoying it. I am reading miss Austen too so I hope I don’t get confused. X

Hey kits it’s a shame but I know lady and Leann aren’t enjoying it. Shame. Shall we keep going or give it a miss? Up to all of you I don’t mind either way xx

I’m the same kits! I actually feel like it will be good, I don’t like giving up on books either so I’ll finish it just thought I’d give others option if they aren’t into it. X lady is going to choose the next book  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The book does get better it is very slow starter stick with it Worth continuing. I'm over half way through. Events do take a dramatic turn and characters get lot more guts, Alice is a bit wet to start with, I am enjoying it now. It's shame as she's normally really good writer, Ship of Brides was really good. If you want something light Maeve Binchy is good, she's Irish writer usually lot  going on in her books.

Hopefully others will as it does improve. Got glowing reviews I thought was just me struggled with it but it def gets better. The second half is lot better much more going on.