Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Took me quite few chapters to get into it but the second half lot better. She is good author is worth trying some of her other book they're in different style to this one.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting on it to get better. It's like pulling teeth. I agree that we should continue reading it. I always tell my daughter that if a book doesn't keep her interest them read it anyway because there's something to get out of it. But this one fooled me at the prologue.... When Marjery encountered that crazy fool. I thought wow this is gonna be so good...then it's like crickets chirping & falling asleep boring.  :laugh: I'm just going to follow my own advice & keep going.

Waiting on it to get better. It's like pulling teeth. I agree that we should continue reading it. I always tell my daughter that if a book doesn't keep her interest them read it anyway because there's something to get out of it. But this one fooled me at the prologue.... When Marjery encountered that crazy fool. I thought wow this is gonna be so good...then it's like crickets chirping & falling asleep boring.  :laugh: I'm just going to follow my own advice & keep going.

I definitely fell asleep reading it last night.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kit would you like to pick the next book?

Sure! I’ll come up with a few options so everyone can chime in with what they’re most interested in.

It’s not that I’m not enjoying it, her writing style is the kind that just takes me more time to absorb and that makes me sleepy. 😂

It’s not that I’m not enjoying it, her writing style is the kind that just takes me more time to absorb and that makes me sleepy. 😂

AMAN! AMEN! What Kit said.......sooooo blan. I don't hate it but if she wrote this book as a natural sleep aid.....it works!

[6c...]

AMAN! AMEN! What Kit said.......sooooo blan. I don't hate it but if she wrote this book as a natural sleep aid.....it works!

Maybe someone should post this book as a recommendation on the Insomnia board here!!

Kate  ::)

This isn't like her normal books at all, try Ship of Brides, or one made film of think Me before You, she's normally really good must written it on an Off day. The Foundling I read recently was really good can't remember author.

Got to chapter 19 now I've given up it's all bit too predictable what is going happen in the end, did sneak a look at the back. Do try her other books normally they are a good read, she's just gone off course with this one. Did all of you enjoy Flowers in the Attic?

That reminds me... I have a few suggestions for the next book.

1. Voices from Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexievich

2. Atonement by Ian McEwan

3. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman

Definitely atonement x

I’ll keep going for a bit with the book. I don’t mind it. Such a shame oh well. Ok so I’ll order atonement from library x great pic kits.

Leann are u keen for atonement or have u already read it?

I have a thing for James mcavoy so I loved that movie.

The movie was so good (and heartbreaking)! I didn’t know it was a book until I happened to see it at a bookstore and snapped it up then and there. It’s listed in my book “1001 books to read before you die”.

Yes it’s very sad but an amazing story. I didn’t realize it was a book either until I watched the holiday (Cameron Diaz, Kate winslet, Jude law) and saw it in a pile of books she had to read. I can’t wait to read it!

I got my copy from the library today so I’m ready when u guys are x

Definitely atonement x

I’ll keep going for a bit with the book. I don’t mind it. Such a shame oh well. Ok so I’ll order atonement from library x great pic kits.

Leann are u keen for atonement or have u already read it?

I have a thing for James mcavoy so I loved that movie.

I'm reading Normal People at moment which enjoying so I'll stick with that. I know you didn't like it though. I vaguely remember the film I'm not a fan of Keira Knightly though have to say. The weather here awful at moment wet and cold hate winter even normally but going to be grim this year as none of clubs normally go to running. Be interesting to see what happens in the US elections!!!

I was reading it 2 years ago when I first got sick and was very depressed and it’s about a guy who had depression so was bit much at the time.

I’m looking forward to atonement.

It's OK so far I'll see how it goes. Did do a series on TV but got bit bored with it book better. You should try Jody Picoult I love her books all really different

I really like the tv series of normal people. I’ll finish the book some time. Yeah I haven’t read any Jody piccolt. I’m enjoying giver of stars! I’m the odd one out it seems!

Just shows we're all different, I'm liking book so far, but got bored with TV series. Glad you are enjoying Giver of Stars, should try her others normally I really like hers, maybe it's coz this is a very different style.