Fly your flag! Where in the world are you?

[Sh...]

Hey can’t

Yep caloundra is where we always went as kids. We went there for my 40th 2 years ago. Was awesome. Well we stayed at Alex beach actually. My parents owned their first house there so has a lot of memories for them so that’s why we visited so much as kids.

Yep I love maleny too, but I’d have to say bullcock beach and noosa are my faves.

Chilli beach nope where’s that! I’m gunna have to google that!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ho...]

• [2c...]

• [Be...]

Ok yep that’s amazing! Cape York? I haven’t been that far north I’ve only been as far as cape tribulation. I got married in port Douglas. Another favourite place. This is where we had our reception

http://www.flamesoftheforest.com.au/

Best food I’ve ever had. We had indigenous story tellers and they played the didge while they told Dreamtime stories. Was so Amazing. 

Ok yep that’s amazing! Cape York? I haven’t been that far north I’ve only been as far as cape tribulation. I got married in port Douglas. Another favourite place. This is where we had our reception

http://www.flamesoftheforest.com.au/

Best food I’ve ever had. We had indigenous story tellers and they played the didge while they told Dreamtime stories. Was so Amazing.

Bit of a trip down memory lane (was looking at pics).. We lived up behind Daintree for a while way back when.. Knew some home schoolers up Mowbray ck -I think where you had your reception?? -They had a nice waterfall up behind the house, very popular for the “hippies”..

Cant think of a nicer place for a wedding or holliday..

And yes, we lived a couple of hrs (by tinnie) from Chilli Beach.. Was a bit wild back then, but “the fishing was good”, as they say.. :)

I remember visiting Colorado Springs. Beautiful mountains. I visited a place there called the garden of the gods..I think that's what it's called. I often look at those pictures and can't believe the beauty of it.  I've never seen orange colored huge rocks like that. I also walked downtown and saw natural springs open to the public. Although I didn't drink from it, there was a list of the natural minerals in the water. Very interesting.

https://www.gardenofgods.com/

Wow lady it’s so beautiful x I really hope I get to see it one day.

I was feeling a bit blue today so I’ve come over to the beach. I’m so lucky to live where I do, I couldn’t live away from the sea, it helps me so much. I’m sitting here looking out to the horizon and thinking of my buddies out there struggling and sending u some love.

Here is beautiful burleigh x where I’m sitting right now x

https://wearegc.com.au/articles/morning-burleigh-heads/

Is that where you live Shayna, it looks lovely, I could do with escaping somewhere at moment. Was reading bit in papers saying all the celebs flocking  to Oz at the moment coz no covid restrictions. Guess they don't need worry about cost of quarantine hotels! Started watching new thing on Netflix looks quite good called The One.

Yeah it’s just down the road from me. Yep and we aren’t happy everyone is coming here! We’re facing a housing crisis because everyone is buying up all the houses and renting everything. It’s incredibly unfair to us. Of course no one seems to care because they’re all about money.

Life is back to normal basically. No restrictions atm

• 2 weeks later...
Wow hingie some beautiful old buildings there! Must be beautiful in fall? Lots of Amish live there too I see? Starting to warm up for u now! That’s about the temp we have atm. It’s a nice change from 88 we had just a few weeks ago!

Just found this....So wonderful reading through this and seeing all the comments.

Shayna....OMG, where you swim....I am wanting to come and join you  ;D

I am in Central CA in the East Bay Area. I have lived in Southern CA down by Venice Beach and all the way up North on the coast of CA in the Redwoods too.  So many beautiful areas in CA, but we will be moving in 4 years when we retire.  It’s just too expensive to live here anymore. 

Looking forward to more post  :thumbsup:

Marie

Hi Marie ! So ur in San Fran? Wow so amazing ! How beautiful. I’d love to go there x

I know our creek is pretty amazing. But the last couple of years it’s become a bit too popular.

I’m sure it would be very expensive there with all the celebrities living there.

It’s the same where I live, becoming very expensive  >:(

Wow hingie some beautiful old buildings there! Must be beautiful in fall? Lots of Amish live there too I see? Starting to warm up for u now! That’s about the temp we have atm. It’s a nice change from 88 we had just a few weeks ago!

Yes.  I live with the Amish.  I enjoy them cause they live a simple lifestyle for the most part but the do work their farms very hard.

I buy a lot of my produce from them too

Hingie

Yes.  I live with the Amish.  I enjoy them cause they live a simple lifestyle for the most part but the do work their farms very hard.

I buy a lot of my produce from them too

Hingie

I love the way they live their lives so simply. I don’t know why people think they’re missing out on anything being Amish, I think we miss out on much more in this crazy world. I think I could be Amish.

2020_GC_GoldCoast_Beaches.jpg?fit=wrap&fmt=webp&qlt=40&wid=1200

This is where I take my kids to swim

how beautiful this beach is....where is it??

That is tallebudgera creek on the Gold Coast in Australia 🇦🇺

Hi - Shayna .... I live just outside of SF.  I couldn’t live in the “ City”...I like to visit, but I just couldn’t live there.  We have enough traffic here in the East Bay Area...SF is worse...LOL. 

I appreciate how the Amish live too...simple, but hard work.

Marie

What a gorgeous place tho. That’s where full house was filmed wasn’t it. I have a photo on my wall of San Fran streets. The ones where there’s a street on a hill? Like this except mine is black and white and way nicer

Nob Hill, San Francisco

I couldn’t live in a city either. Where I live is the fastest growing area in my state. I hate how busy it is, I’d love to move but kids are established at school. Very expensive to live here now. Maybe I’ll find some Amish here! Yes I think they’d work hard but it would be rewarding work. Plus I love making things so I think I’d love it. I’m also very anti social media (although I’m using this site whoops) so I think I’d do ok with no computer. But tv might be a bit tricky to give up!

Yes...Full House was filmed there.  It’s fun to visit....but it’s also crazy.  Cool picture.

Where I live, use to be a tiny “suburb” of SF so to speak, and now it’s growth over the last 30 years has been just crazy...its super expensive too.  We stayed because of the kids too.  My last one is in high school and is a sophomore, so just over two years and he is done.  My partner he retires in 4 years, and we are moving out of here.  Or so we say...lol.  We will jump states, rent for a while and see.  Taxes are just crazy in CA and the cost of living here is outrageous too.  We can just come and vacation here  8)

I don’t think I could move away from that swimming hole you have...I would live there.  I am a water baby....I was born practically on the beach and love all forms of water/swimming/skiing.....but you have the GOLD  :D

I do admire the Amish and I like hard work, I had grandparents who were farmer’s, and I love to garden and can foods ( when I want) but I don’t know if I want to “live” that way, and I am not sure I want to “un plug”.  I could do without TV.. I love to read, but I do like TV too.  But books are always better.

Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am very lucky to live here... I know it, and I never take it for granted. I’m outside as often as I can be, nearly always at the beach.

I know this sounds crazy, but I was reading a book about Texas the other day, so googled it, and was shocked that Texas has beaches! And beautiful ones at that! In my head I was thinking of cowboys, and dusty country, but holy moly beaches look beautiful there. Isn’t it funny what we picture about places? I realise people from other countries probably think of crocodiles and snakes and red desert when they think of australia, but just like Texas there are places like that but mostly it’s nothing like that unless u seek it out!

I can imagine myself one day living in a small town, reading books and gardening. But to be away from the ocean, I just can’t imagine that. Salt water flows they my veins!

[87...]

I've always wanted to live by the ocean Shayna!!

I'd love to, the beach and the ocean have been my go to for relaxation for years!

Let's hope I'll still be able to make it there one day!

Winnie

Shay, USA have gorgeous beaches all over the country. And beautiful waterfalls. I also like the Amish simple living. But I'll be honest when I say I don't know what i would have done without having internet and phone as I'm on my recovering journey. I used these two tools to help me make it through each day. YouTube, Netflix, old sitcoms, contacting people to help etc

Just like you I had a limited understanding of Australia but have learned so much now. Now I see why many people visit your country. It's gorgeous!