Fly your flag! Where in the world are you?

[Sh...]

Oh what a nice thread.  I am in the US, California specifically and live in two cities at the same time - Los Angeles and San Francisco.  For this covid lockdown though I am sheltering in LA as it is my true home base.  Have not been up to San Francisco in over a year!  I grew up in Louisiana and Texas and have lived in Florida, Washington DC, Chicago, Houston, and New Orleans.

Wow JBen! Where havent you lived! Amazing!

Agree.....Will you be coming here to SF soon? 

Marie

Yup I’ve lived in a lot of places.  California is home now tho.  I love it here.  Marie - I’ll be up there once I feel like I can get on a plane.  Right now with this benzo recovery thing I have a hard time even being in a car as a passenger haha.  I dont think I could do a plane just yet.  Hopefully in 6 months!

I can think of worse places to be. I’m not to phased about planes either! I drove a 2 hr round trip a few months ago and that was rough!

I’d love to be in Monterey right now. Or Malibu! So pretty!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ho...]

• [2c...]

• [Be...]

Cantfly- Thank you...NO one else jumped in to try and save me.... >:(.  I lived in FL for a while and we had a few close calls with alligators.  Then in Costa Rica on a boat trip, we had the oldest child with us and he was 9 we were on a river and there were crocodiles around....I was not very comfortable. Then we went to a place to ride above the canopy (tree’s) in the jungle, and as we are waiting, there is a wooden seating area with greenery, and flowers in the center and people were starting to sit down....but I was looking closely and I see a small green viper snake...YIKES.  I said, GET UP a viper is in there....the guide thanked me, asked us all to step back ( I was already in the building) and they removed it.  I’m also afraid of sharks, but I still boogie board in the ocean.  We absolutely stayed away from the mouths of the river’s.  Those are feeding grounds for the sharks, and every once in a while, sharks do swim up stream in the rivers....so we were always watchful. 

We are thinking about moving to TX, but they have alligators too and I hated the alligators/water when I lived in FL....so that scares me a bit...plus the water moccasins....My son was bit here in CA by a baby rattle snake about 2years ago, and that was pretty scary.  I would be terrified to be swimming in a lake or river and come across a water moccasin, as they are aggressive.  I probably won’t be just swimming in these places in TX.  Boat’s or jet ski’s only....LOL.  With a gun... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marie

Yeah, I dont like snakes, -or spiders either... :(

JBen- I actually don’t mind flying....but I do prefer do drive back and forth between LA and the Bay Area....But I understand when you’re not feeling well, both the car and the airport/plane can be overwhelming. 

The wedgie thing made me laugh  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  This is why I wear board shorts now!!  :thumbsup:

Cantfly- Snakes don’t bother me too much, if they aren’t poisonous, and spiders not too much...but we don’t have those huge spiders here.  A few tarantula’s once in a while, but they aren’t poisonous and they aren’t aggressive....the black widows are a problem sometimes...we squash those for sure.  My daughter, sister, brother in law all go out and hunt black widows at night.... >:(:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  They are obsessed.    :D

Marie

Yes... I saw quite a few wedgies... and also... quite a few .. I’ll just say it. Boobs. Yep, for some reason older women wore bikinis and thought that was safe. Rookies  :laugh:

Yes... I saw quite a few wedgies... and also... quite a few .. I’ll just say it. Boobs. Yep, for some reason older women wore bikinis and thought that was safe. Rookies  :laugh:

:2funny: :2funny:  Gotta keep those things securely wrapped up!!!  Rookies for sure  :laugh:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shayna,

I’m watching sharkfest on National Geographic and Australia is on there a lot for their sharks! I think I’d be scared crap less to get in the water there, but yet your water is so gorgeous there! Australia looks beautiful!! Hope you are doing well and hanging in there! I’m getting closer each day. I can’t wait to jump!

Hey lovely! Omg u are so close! Do u have a jump date in mind or just playing it by ear? So excited for u x

We do have sharks but not like they make out we do! To an outsider australia looks like it’s crawling with sharks snakes and spiders but it’s really not  :laugh:

In saying that, (I think I may have told u this before) I had a shark swim right under me while I was surfing once . Yep I think I pood my pants a little bit  8)

There was an attack near me last year, but honestly I can’t remember the last one before that. X

Hey lovely! Omg u are so close! Do u have a jump date in mind or just playing it by ear? So excited for u x

We do have sharks but not like they make out we do! To an outsider australia looks like it’s crawling with sharks snakes and spiders but it’s really not  :laugh:

In saying that, (I think I may have told u this before) I had a shark swim right under me while I was surfing once . Yep I think I pood my pants a little bit  8)

There was an attack near me last year, but honestly I can’t remember the last one before that. X

I don’t have a date in mind yet, but think I’ll take it down to like 0.03 or when I have 10% medicine left. That would be when I have 20ml left and right now I have 40 left so that would mean 20 to go!! I don’t feel like I have much medicine going in me at this point but think I’m still afraid to take a jump because my equivalent to Valium is 0.75mg of Valium at this point and I think I should go to the equivalent of 0.50 of Valium which is Ashton’s suggested jump dose from Valium. I don’t know if there is a suggested jump dose off Xanax. That’s just going by equivalence. I feel pretty good really. Some things have gotten way better and then I have a few withdrawal symptoms I could do without, but nothing I can’t handle. So we will see but it’s getting exciting! I’ll be happy to be done with this stupid process and worrying about the mediation all the time.

Australia is on my list to visit and looks amazing there! Such beauty everywhere you look! Yes, you are right, they make it look like it’s crawling everywhere with things wanting to kill you! Lol if I was surfing and a shark swam under me I’d definitely need to change my board shorts and would have definitely would have chummed the water with my poo! Lol 😂 hope you are doing well! I’ve missed ya!  :smitten: thank you for all the encouragement always!

Eeek! Omg that is sooooo awesome! Yay!!!! Yeah I tapered all the way down but really I didn’t need to, I think I could’ve jumped at .25mg but I kept scaring myself. I feel the same as I did then!

You are so close and things sound great! I’m so happy for u honey x well done x

Haha chummed the water with ur poo! Hilarious  :laugh:

I’ve missed u too but you seem to be doing great and that makes me so happy 😀 xx

• 2 years later...