Fly your flag! Where in the world are you?

[Sh...]

Sydney, Australua.  Expensive.  Good beaches if you can get parking.  We are lucky with CoVID right now & no community transmission fir 3 weeks - yippee.

Dude u left me hanging u were spose to say “oi oi oi “  :laugh:

Ha! You’re funny.  Hope you’re good lovely xx

How you doing Bess, how is your dog? I'm still Debbie downer. Hasn't helped we can't see people outside for another month, total lockdown won't end until June, even though cases really low here now, so frustrating. Need some of Shayna's optimism to rub off on me, in short supply when you never get a B window!!

Sorry to hear that you are struggling.  You will get a window - keep believing you will because you will get a window.  You have to keep having faith.  You will get there.  You are healing.

Edit: Mixed quote:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ho...]

• [2c...]

• [Be...]

Was helping my husband using electric drill in the garage today. Pretended it was going into my GP's head, she has such lot to answer for making me go cold turkey, now I sound really crazy!!. Hope your doggie is OK.

Was helping my husband using electric drill in the garage today. Pretended it was going into my GP's head, she has such lot to answer for making me go cold turkey, now I sound really crazy!!. Hope your doggie is OK.

Keep believing you will heal because you will. 

LOL!  :laugh: I had to laugh picturing this, but I totally get it. Still want to strangle the psych doc who thought I had GAD and needed Klonopin, when the chronic hypomagnesemia I had at the time was the cause of my random "panic attacks". Thank God I told her I'd only accept a twice a day dose,, she wanted to put me on 3 x's a day. I hope pretending you were drilling into your GP's head helped.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, feels good to laugh. Thanks for the funny image, tears are streaming down my face, can't stop laughing. 

Glad I made you laugh, did feel quite therapeutic. Had day from hell today, tears, can't go on sort feeling. Like to hit our Prime Minister over the head with something hard as well, for dragging lockdown out until June. I do like out county must say, we're called the Garden of England, because so many pretty villages.

Glad I made you laugh, did feel quite therapeutic. Had day from hell today, tears, can't go on sort feeling. Like to hit our Prime Minister over the head with something hard as well, for dragging lockdown out until June. I do like out county must say, we're called the Garden of England, because so many pretty villages.

Awwww... sorry you had a bad day with sad tears. I ❤️ England, because it's where I got an Investigational New Drug to end my almost 4 years of hypomagnesemia hell. If it wasn't for the Netazepide that this small pharmaceutical research company donated to me, I don't know what would have happened to me, or if I'd even be alive today. But I really am indebted to the late Sir James Black, Nobel prize recipient, because he discovered Netazepide. He was a Scottish doctor who entered medical school at 15, decided he hated the bedside manner of medicine, and went back to school to get his PhD in Pharmacology. He wanted to help the ill with rare Orphan Diseases that big pharma wasn't interested in. He co-founded the research company with another doctor. I didn't have an Orphan Disease, I had symptoms that matched an Orphan Disease, due to a med I was dependent on, so I met the subset for the disease, and our FDA and your MHRA allowed me to get this medicine, becaue the UK participates in the WHO's Orphan Drug program (As does the US and the EU). Hope you have a good day soon, and keep on drilling your GP's head (or whatever tool you are weilding, hammer, saw, etc) >:D

Wow that sounds amazing badso! Biking it would be an even better way to see it. One day I wasn’t to do the Monterey to Astoria drive. Maybe bike!  :smitten:

[53...]

Wow that sounds amazing badso! Biking it would be an even better way to see it. One day I wasn’t to do the Monterey to Astoria drive. Maybe bike!  :smitten:

That's a pretty drive.  Santa Cruz (north end of Monterey Bay) was the family hang-out when I was growing up.  Further south (Big Sur, Pismo, San Simeon, Santa Barbara) is also really nice.  Just bring your winter coat if you're coming up for a summer trip.  The wind off the Pacific is cold. 

The wife and I have yet to get down under, but we'd definitely enjoy a little biking in Australia and NZ.  I do astronomy as a hobby and want to spend enough time down there to check out the sky (hopefully with a telescope). 

Here's my flag (New Mexico).

UBMAV2L.png

Edit: Fixed Flag

I'd like to thank all who participate in these types of threads, its such a welcome respite from the sadness and desperation we see in other places on the forum.  It's difficult to keep upbeat when there is so much misery so I and the team appreciate everyone who contributes to the positivity we see here.  :smitten:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Now that's a flag worth flying.

Sunny (not) Wales

Beautiful wales! I hope I get to go there mare! My daughters name is welsh  :)

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Now that's a flag worth flying.

Sunny (not) Wales

Beautiful wales! I hope I get to go there mare! My daughters name is welsh  :)

Really? What's her name? It is beautiful, just the constant rain. But I guess that's why you get the scenery.

Hope you can do some travelling once your healed

That's a pretty drive.  Santa Cruz (north end of Monterey Bay) was the family hang-out when I was growing up.  Further south (Big Sur, Pismo, San Simeon, Santa Barbara) is also really nice.  Just bring your winter coat if you're coming up for a summer trip.  The wind off the Pacific is cold. 

The wife and I have yet to get down under, but we'd definitely enjoy a little biking in Australia and NZ.  I do astronomy as a hobby and want to spend enough time down there to check out the sky (hopefully with a telescope). 

UBMAV2L.png

Wow u hung out there as kids? Amazing. One day... it’s my first stop on my bucket list. Yes it looks very cold, I think that’s what I love about it, that wild wooly weather. And the forests next to the ocean! We don’t have that here.

I have read ur blog so I saw u we’re into astronomy. U and ur wife would love it here , if u drive a couple of hours from the built up areas the sky is magic at night. And our beaches are magnificent.

I’ve never been to New Zealand but it’s probably the next place I’d go. The landscape there looks absolutely stunning. I’d go to the remarkables in queens town. So beautiful!

Thanks for flying ur flag badso! Hey New Mexico!!

I'd like to thank all who participate in these types of threads, its such a welcome respite from the sadness and desperation we see in other places on the forum.  It's difficult to keep upbeat when there is so much misery so I and the team appreciate everyone who contributes to the positivity we see here.  :smitten:

Thanku Pam. It is a great thread. It’s so lovely to see us all come together and show our pride in where we live. I must say, I’d love to visit everyone’s homes. They all look so beautiful in their own way.  Xx

UBMAV2L.png

Badsocref- my husband and I had planned this awesome road trip through the west for 2020 and well, we know how that went!  :-[  We had planned to drive the coastal highway and then go over to Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Death Valley as part of our trip.  The part we were most looking forward to was driving the coastal highway!

We had so much fun planning it and as soon as we get a grip on this COVID we plan to do it!  What a nice part of the country for you to live in.

It is lovely

Thanku x my heritage is Irish, my husbands is Scottish. So we all have Celtic names x

Shayna we could be cousins! :) I’m Scotch Irish Welsh heritage! ( a bit of German, too)...like a lot of Americans, I reckon

Thanku Pam. It is a great thread. It’s so lovely to see us all come together and show our pride in where we live. I must say, I’d love to visit everyone’s homes. They all look so beautiful in their own way.  Xx

I so agree.  These kinds threads help me more than anything.  Makes me realize we are just normal folks going through a difficult experience but hopefully just a blip in time.  This thread is armchair traveling since we can’t travel right now whether it’s because of Covid or our health nor both. Love it!

Ok, I'm Scottish, Irish and French, one side my grandparents came from Dundee, Scotland!

My husband is Macedonian! So my kids are quite the mix!

Shayna: My husband has a ton of relatives in Australia - lots of Macedonians there!

Badsocref: I'd love that drive too! My husband's favourite thing to do is a driving trip, maybe we'll end up down there one day!

I do have a ton of friends from school in the San Francisco area!

Winnie

[53...]

Badsocref- my husband and I had planned this awesome road trip through the west for 2020 and well, we know how that went!  :-[  We had planned to drive the coastal highway and then go over to Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Death Valley as part of our trip.  The part we were most looking forward to was driving the coastal highway!

We had so much fun planning it and as soon as we get a grip on this COVID we plan to do it!  What a nice part of the country for you to live in.

Another pretty drive in Cali is US 395 down the back side of the Sierra Nevada.

It is lovely

Thanku x my heritage is Irish, my husbands is Scottish. So we all have Celtic names x

Shayna we could be cousins! :) I’m Scotch Irish Welsh heritage! ( a bit of German, too)...like a lot of Americans, I reckon

I had a sprinkle of German too actually! Well is debatable. There is some discrepancies but we aren’t 100% sure, if German, Austrian or Jewish. We think my great grandmother may have escaped during war and being Jewish she changed her name to a German or Austrian sounding surname.

But either way , I’m a bitsa. Bits of everything! But more Irish ☘️  :laugh:

Mo chara!! (My friend in Irish) no I don’t speak it but I’m excellent at googling 👍🏼