Fly your flag! Where in the world are you?

[Sh...]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ho...]

• [2c...]

• [Be...]

Oh man, Shayna, that place is awesome!  I don’t even want to look out my window now! :(

If I knew how to attach a photo , you could see how gray and dreary it is here.  Glad you have such a place close to you

Oh my goodness Shayna! It’s amazing where you live! Little small town Iowa is nothing like that! I say we all come visit you when we are all off this poison and celebrate! Lol  :smitten: Iowa has beautiful cornfields and farm land and sunsets, but it’s not beautiful like that! Also it’s like -7 below zero. It’s so cold here right now. I’m ready for winter to be gone. The snow is only beautiful for so long! Lol

Sure come on over!!! We will have a benzo free party and paddle around in the creeks. I’d love to visit America. We in other parts of the world are fascinated with ur country. There are beautiful places everywhere in the world. My son wants to go tornado chasing when he’s older so maybe I’ll drop u a line  ;)

Sydney, Australua.  Expensive.  Good beaches if you can get parking.  We are lucky with CoVID right now & no community transmission fir 3 weeks - yippee. 

This is fun Shayna.  I’m enjoying reading everyone’s posts

I live in Greenport, NY. It’s the North Fork of Long Island.  Beautiful place that is mostly resort/vacation land for people from NYC.  I have lived here for the last 25 years.  It is beautiful but stupid expensive.  Especially after COVID.  Many people left the city to move here.  Some owned vacation homes that are now full time residents, some had visited in the past and moved here permanently.  Housing pricing are now through the roof.

Interesting COVID fact, Greenport had the first COVID positive in New York State. Poor guy...worked in one of the local restaurants and brewery. He recovered thankfully, but there was so much panic in the beginning he had a tough time.

In a few years...when all the kids are done with school...I plan to move south.  I can’t take the winters anymore.

Sydney, Australua.  Expensive.  Good beaches if you can get parking.  We are lucky with CoVID right now & no community transmission fir 3 weeks - yippee.

Dude u left me hanging u were spose to say “oi oi oi “  :laugh:

This is fun Shayna.  I’m enjoying reading everyone’s posts

I live in Greenport, NY. It’s the North Fork of Long Island.  Beautiful place that is mostly resort/vacation land for people from NYC.  I have lived here for the last 25 years.  It is beautiful but stupid expensive.  Especially after COVID.  Many people left the city to move here.  Some owned vacation homes that are now full time residents, some had visited in the past and moved here permanently.  Housing pricing are now through the roof.

Interesting COVID fact, Greenport had the first COVID positive in New York State. Poor guy...worked in one of the local restaurants and brewery. He recovered thankfully, but there was so much panic in the beginning he had a tough time.

In a few years...when all the kids are done with school...I plan to move south.  I can’t take the winters anymore.

Hey mom! I just googled where u live what a beautiful little village!! I can imagine everyone moved there! It’s so pretty!

I share ur frustration with covid move ins. I live on the Gold Coast in Australia and it’s the same here. Everyone from Victoria and Sydney is moving here to get away from covid. I don’t know why because we have zero community transmission . 

That’s funny U had the first case there... our first case was here too. A man from wuhan. And of course tom hanks and Rita Wilson were here in our hospital.

I do feel sorry for that poor man in ur village who had it, bet he copped a hard time.

So New Yorkers go to Long Island and the Hampton’s for holidays? The hamptons and Martha’s Vineyard look so beautiful  :smitten:

Sydney is mega expensive worse than London, Some pretty beaches, didn't like Bondi . though bit tatty, we like Bronte and Shark beach.I think Oz coped better with covid coz tiny population compared to us and the States, and people don't travel so much. Heathrow one of busiest airports in world and for long time just let everyone come in unscreened, whereas Oz shut borders very quickly and contained it. Finally talk of easing lock down here, we've had it for about  8 months in total over last year, everyone had enough.

Yeah we are isolated here so it did help. But we also have a lot of Chinese here. So.... that’s how we got it. Our earliest cases were all Chinese.

I hope soon things get better for uk x it must be terrible. We were only in full lockdown for 3 months.

Just had announcement, can't see people outside until end March then only 1 other household, can see 1 other household inside on 17 th May, eating places can serve food on 17th May but only outside, lots don't have beer gardens, total  lockdown won't end until end June, will had nearly 6 months of it then. No wonder don't improve much☹️😕

I’m really sorry Leann. I am. Are the numbers getting better tho? Surely they would be.

U need to go for walks. I know it’s easy for me to say but put a mask on, go for a long walk. I know it’s cold. Work in the garden. Find projects to do with ur husband. Anything to keep busy. This is out of ur hands there is nothing u can do about the lockdown.

Numbers really low, does piss me off , several MP's quite angry about it, got hardly any cases where I live, and loads being vaccinated.. Do go for walks but gets monotonous after while, just hope weather stays dry otherwise meeting outside ain't going to happen. You are so lucky over there, sure it's hindered my recovery. Going be so many people unemployed as result of all of this. Anyway enough moaning! How you doing?

I honestly really feel for everyone over there and US. It’s just awful. But I feel like once those numbers are low, really low, things will get better.

If it makes u feel any better, most days feel like Groundhog Day for me too, and I’m not in lockdown.

I’m doing ok. We have been taking short drives into nsw, day trips, but we’re cautious of going too far incase there’s an outbreak.

Are u allowed to visit anywhere in Kent? So many places there I’d love to visit! Maybe u could be a tourist in ur own area?

I do that sometimes with my kids. Well go somewhere local we never go. It’s always fun. Guess u have to find fun things to do close to home.

I get can't go far coz of the thoughts, sometimes make my husband go back check everyone is OK, this OCD turns you into a complete screwball, so can't go far in case he needs drive back and check. Lived here for 40 years so been everywhere, done all the historic houses, also only meant drive up to 5 miles from home. The thoughts are awful, wish my symptoms were physical could cope lot better can  cope with physical pain. Insomnia & mental symptoms are worse I think. Just want to be a normal person. Have u tried chamomile tablets, been taking them seem stronger than the tea help bit with sleep.

Glad you seem to be doing better. The mental stuff does limit you just as much as physical symptoms, I think it's worse personally as you never get break from it or any Windows. Anyway glad at least one of us is improving . I enjoy flicking through the book club choices, will order a couple people have suggested, do find books a real escape. Have you watched Behind her eyes on Netflix, got real twist in the tail xx

I’m the same so I’m not improving at the moment but I know I will eventually. I just try to distract as much as I can.

Yes book club lists are good. Looking forward to starting.

I’m watching behind her eyes it’s pretty good!

Ha! You’re funny.  Hope you’re good lovely xx

Ha! You’re funny.  Hope you’re good lovely xx

How you doing Bess, how is your dog? I'm still Debbie downer. Hasn't helped we can't see people outside for another month, total lockdown won't end until June, even though cases really low here now, so frustrating. Need some of Shayna's optimism to rub off on me, in short supply when you never get a B window!!