• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Vo...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ch...]

I slept longer last night, about 6 hours, but still needed the Remeron to get that much.  My physical symptoms improve whenever I get some decent sleep and aside from the tinnitus it makes me think these physical symptoms I am feeling so far are related to my MS and not any withdrawal. The mental symptoms haven't really changed and those are really the huge problem at this point.  Poor cognition, and constantly obsessing about this Xanax withdrawal. Not sure if it is blunting but my anxiety isn't really happening much that I can tell because my heart only seems to race a bit after I take the Remeron.  I can't concentrate at work, and don't have the motivation to continue working as crazy as that sounds. Obviously, I'm likely to lose my job pretty soon. Trying to hold it as long as I can for my Family's sake.  On the bright side my sisters and 2 nieces came to visit me yesterday and at certain times talking to them and sharing a meal made me feel normal for a short time.

Thanks for the update VonDark, I can see it's difficult to distinguish between the MS and the withdrawal symptoms, I've seen this with many members with other conditions. 

Of course the mental symptoms we can attribute to withdrawal, but I think you found the secret yesterday to help with those, distraction.  You weren't laser focused on those yesterday because you were distracted, that's one of our key weapons against all of our symptoms.  We have to redirect our thoughts. 

I remember one time I saw a dog run across traffic as I was driving home.  I pulled over, jumped out of my car, stopped oncoming traffic and grabbed the dog, and suddenly realized I felt better than I had in months, all of my symptoms were gone, I was elated.  The symptoms came back shortly thereafter but I realized I had some control over them now.  Distraction.  Isn't it amazing to realize that if we could distract 100% of the time we would feel good?  Obviously we can't do this, but if we can do it for short times during the day, the relief we feel can help us get through one more day.

I hope you can find a way to hold out and do what you can to keep your job, you shouldn't have to pay for your brief time on this stupid drug by losing your job, its just not right for the price to be this high.

I slept longer last night, about 6 hours, but still needed the Remeron to get that much.  My physical symptoms improve whenever I get some decent sleep and aside from the tinnitus it makes me think these physical symptoms I am feeling so far are related to my MS and not any withdrawal. The mental symptoms haven't really changed and those are really the huge problem at this point.  Poor cognition, and constantly obsessing about this Xanax withdrawal. Not sure if it is blunting but my anxiety isn't really happening much that I can tell because my heart only seems to race a bit after I take the Remeron.  I can't concentrate at work, and don't have the motivation to continue working as crazy as that sounds. Obviously, I'm likely to lose my job pretty soon. Trying to hold it as long as I can for my Family's sake.  On the bright side my sisters and 2 nieces came to visit me yesterday and at certain times talking to them and sharing a meal made me feel normal for a short time.

VonDark, glad you were able to enjoy part of the family visit, that's actually a good sign.  Struggling with motivation while going through withdrawal is very common.  Can you take family leave or anything to try to hold on to your job?  Obsessing about your withdrawal and frankly, everything you mentioned are withdrawal symptoms.  I can't really speak to your MS. But another day down and some pleasant time with your family  :D. Yay, you are making it.......I have faith you got this.  Love you are keeping us informed, thank you!  Mary 💜

day 13 since the last Xanax, still alive, sx very tough, mostly all mental, terrors and ruminating about how I got into this mess. but physical ones starting to creep in as well.  Hanging on as best I can.

day 13 since the last Xanax, still alive, sx very tough, mostly all mental, terrors and ruminating about how I got into this mess. but physical ones starting to creep in as well.  Hanging on as best I can.

Day 13.....I know it doesn't seem like it, VonDark, but everyday that passes moves you closer to the beginning of the symptoms starting to ease.  It's been almost 2 weeks.  You have done great by holding on.  New symptoms can mean other places are beginning to heal, I hope so.  Mary 💜

Thanks for checking in VonDark, I've sure been thinking about you, for some reason I need you to beat this.  I'm sorry for placing my hope for you so heavily on your shoulders, I know whatever you do will be what you have to do for you and your family, but I so want you to beat this monster.

Read all you can, not scary posts, but about the science behind your symptoms, your brain is working so hard to repair what the drug did to you.

Read this again:  What is happening in your brain

Listen to the medical practitioners and scientists tell you how little they know about what this drug does to us. 

Educate yourself, the more we know, the less we fear and distract, distract, distract.

Hang in there, but know whatever you decide, I will support you.

Thanks for checking in VonDark, I've sure been thinking about you, for some reason I need you to beat this.  I'm sorry for placing my hope for you so heavily on your shoulders, I know whatever you do will be what you have to do for you and your family, but I so want you to beat this monster.

Read all you can, not scary posts, but about the science behind your symptoms, your brain is working so hard to repair what the drug did to you.

Read this again:  What is happening in your brain

Listen to the medical practitioners and scientists tell you how little they know about what this drug does to us. 

Educate yourself, the more we know, the less we fear and distract, distract, distract.

Hang in there, but know whatever you decide, I will support you.

Great post Pamster! 

2 Weeks since my last dose of Xanax. Lots of google searches say this is the day the symptoms peak (lol).  Shaking constantly with burning sensations everywhere, seems like I cannot function 97% of the time.  Psych does not believe i'm in withdrawal and put me on Seroquel which I tried last night.  It did nothing to help with my sleep last night which was 0 hours. It is truly unbearable and it might soon be time to try to re instate at .5  as much as I don't want to.

2 Weeks since my last dose of Xanax. Lots of google searches say this is the day the symptoms peak (lol).  Shaking constantly with burning sensations everywhere, seems like I cannot function 97% of the time.  Psych does not believe i'm in withdrawal and put me on Seroquel which I tried last night.  It did nothing to help with my sleep last night which was 0 hours. It is truly unbearable and it might soon be time to try to re instate at .5  as much as I don't want to.

Oh VonDark, I'm so sorry.  Seroquel really helps me sleep.  I take between  .25 to .40 and I sleep well.  What was the dose the Dr gave you?  If 2 weeks is where it is suppose to be peaking, you have to get past that if you can.  I know you are tired of us trying to push you forward, so I am going to stop.  You have to do what you feel is right.  I hope things work out for you.  We understand how hard this is  :(. Mary 💜💜

Hello VonDark,

I'm sorry it's gotten so bad, you're living in a nightmare and want it to end.  We know your pain and hopelessness, it's all part of the agony of benzodiazepine withdrawal.  But I agree with Mary, we're here for you whatever you decide.  :smitten:

Pamster

Dr. wants me on 50 mg morning and 100mg at night (for sleep).  Is seroquel on of these meds that givees better sleep at low doses?  I'm not sure this med isnt making things worse.

Feeling much better after a long walk outside with my wife.  Yes the mental symptoms are by the worst, even if I have to also worry about making my MS worse with all the stress and no sleep. Hoping day 15 will bring a little ZZZ and a little more hope

Dr. wants me on 50 mg morning and 100mg at night (for sleep).  Is seroquel on of these meds that givees better sleep at low doses?  I'm not sure this med isnt making things worse.

I'd suggest asking about seroquel on our Other Medications board, or just sift through the threads to see what folks are saying. 

Feeling much better after a long walk outside with my wife.  Yes the mental symptoms are by the worst, even if I have to also worry about making my MS worse with all the stress and no sleep. Hoping day 15 will bring a little ZZZ and a little more hope

Fresh air, a supportive family, and hope, is there anything better?  :smitten:

Yes, seroquel on low doses, helps you sleep or most.  Higher levels are used for psychological reasons.

I have used it for years at a dose 50 or under, way before benzo's, for migraines to help me sleep.

Everything and everyone on benzo's has a different reaction because of all the variations of drugs, doses, other health problems.  So there is hardly ever a yes or no answer.  How many nights have you tried it? 

This was only my first night on Seroquel.  I really only wanted it for the sedation to get some sleep (100mg did not work for me) but the psych wanted it at a higher dose because he thinks I am having a psychotic delusion about being in Xanax withdrawal lol.

This was only my first night on Seroquel.  I really only wanted it for the sedation to get some sleep (100mg did not work for me) but the psych wanted it at a higher dose because he thinks I am having a psychotic delusion about being in Xanax withdrawal lol.

Oh Von Dark, so sorry, I would try at least once more.  Maybe try 75 mgs.  Just a suggestion.  I wish Dr's understood more, it makes it that much harder on us that we are in withdrawal and trying to find a path that works for us.  My Dr knows very little about benzo withdrawal but she is trying to learn and has supported me the whole way.  She is a pain Dr and knows a lot about opioids.  We are here and we will do whatever we can to support you.  Mary  :)

Thanks so much to Pam and Mary supporting me in this thread.  Slept really well last night on the Seroquel 100mg as opposed to no sleep last night, I'm wondering what that's all about. No physical symptoms at all this morning except for severe depression - I basically don't want to do anything at all today. 

VD, I am so glad you tried again and slept!!  That is so exciting  :D.  It may take awhile for you not to feel so tired the next day or you could try a little smaller dose.  There is nothing like a good nights sleep.  :smitten: :smitten:  It changes your whole attitude.  :clap: :clap: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Mary 💜💜

This is such great news VonDark, I'm so glad you got some rest!  No physical symptoms, this is huge! This shows me that you're healing, because this is what the symptoms do, they come and go, then come then they go again, but the fact that you're getting relief shows me it's happening, you're going to get through this.  :yippee:

Oh and about not wanting to do anything at all today, um, remember how good that walk felt?  ::)

Psych upped my Seroquel to 200mg (at  night) today, in the belief that all of my suffering is delusional and continues to state it couldn't be withdrawal. Not that there is much he could do anyways since Im CT.  Disappointed he couldnt RX something else to help with sleep although I am taking Pam's suggestion about Chamomile Tea, it really is good.