• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Vo...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ch...]

dark thoughts are still around unfortunately, but not quite as severe as before.  The thing I am really concerned about is the other psych drug I'm on -  I heard that they can hinder recovery.  I will try to taper off Seroquel as soon as I am able. 

There are people who will write that one has to be off all drugs in order to heal. That is not true, IMO. Only alcohol and benzodiazepines will prevent healing to our knowledge.  I’d ask for links to proof if you see this type of comment.

200 mg Seroquel last night. It does make me very sleepy but it dries out my nose so much that I can't breathe through it which kind of defeats the purpose.  Tried saline spray and humidifier. Any alternative meds I could try?

200 mg Seroquel last night. It does make me very sleepy but it dries out my nose so much that I can't breathe through it which kind of defeats the purpose.  Tried saline spray and humidifier. Any alternative meds I could try?

I have read that can happen at that higher amount.  I know there are a lot of meds out there people use for sleep so hope they answer,  it's just my opinion, but the Dr didn't have to double it.  There's a lot of room between 100 and 200.  Good luck VD, I hope you find what works for you soon  :)

Things aren't going very well tonight but I am fighting as best I can. Pam, Mary, Challis, you have all been wonderful friends supporting me through this.  Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. 

I am not recommending this and hope Pamster hops in too.  I have a friend on here who uses 50 mg of Trazadone and sleeps pretty well.  I am only telling you because you were asking about other drugs that help you sleep.  I just don't know many or if the Trazadone would help you.  I would try lower dose of Seroquel, one that helps you sleep but doesn't stop up your nose first.  I wish we had good answers VD.  It's all so hard and truly a guessing game.  We just keep trying.  Just always remember, everything you do, go slow.  LY, Mary 💜

My wife has been incredibly patient with me Pamster, she is amazing.  She is doing most everything now that my cognition seems to have taken a big hit recently.

My wife has been incredibly patient with me Pamster, she is amazing.  She is doing most everything now that my cognition seems to have taken a big hit recently.

That's great VD, a supportive spouse or partner means so much.  :smitten: :smitten:

I've tried Trazadone and unfortunately it clogs my nose so much I have trouble breathing through it (probably worsened by anxiety).  Remeron was the best in terms of side effects but I had to stop when I went on the Seroquel, which also gives a super stuffy nose.

Your wife sounds wonderful, have you told her about Mary, Challis and Pam?  ;) 

It sounds like everything we reach for comes with a big price tag, fix one thing mess up another. 

How are the physical symptoms, are they still in the background or did they come roaring back?

Slept 6 hours on 200mg Seroquel last night. Physical symptoms not really an issue. Mental symptoms are pretty disabling right now, short term memory, DR/DP  severe depression.  I think much of it is from the Seroquel though.  Right now I can barely string 2 coherent sentences together. 

Good to hear the physical symptoms are giving you a rest, and wonderful to know you got some sleep.  If you feel the Seroquel may be responsible for some of your mental issues, you may need to reassess your need for sleep vs these awful symptoms. 

Your depression is scaring me, what are you doing to combat the lies the drugs are telling you?

to get out of the depression? Trying to do some productive work today we will see how it goes.  This cognative brain fog im dealing with really limits my ability to participate in a conversation, I will have to will myself to make better choices today instead of thinking about what might have been.

I can feel strength in your words VonDark, I'm reassured, thank you!  You do have choice, and while your limitations feel overwhelming, you can still choose how you face each day.

What might have been is what will be, remember this.

to get out of the depression? Trying to do some productive work today we will see how it goes.  This cognative brain fog im dealing with really limits my ability to participate in a conversation, I will have to will myself to make better choices today instead of thinking about what might have been.

This is all normal stuff for the recovery process...it will pass. I went from counting fingers and toes to add number over 10 to being able once again to helping my grandson with multiplication and division of compound fractions in a few months’ time...hang in there, it’ll happen.

Would it make sense to reduce the Seroquel from 200 ( I really don't think I'm psychotic, just very scared with that continual agitation)  and maybe add in Remeron or Traz again to see if that lets me sleep a bit still

tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since my last dose of Xanax.

You rock VD.  I know that's been really hard and you weren't sure you could do it, but you did!!

We are all proud of you, and you will be too when you aren't having to continue to withdraw because you didn't reinstate.  :clap: :clap: :clap::balloon::mybuddy:

Three weeks, the longest in your life?  I'm proud of you too and like Mary says, when you get past this and realize you came so close to reinstating, you'll be so happy you didn't. 

What did you decide to do about the Remeron and Trazadone, sorry we didn't chime in with answers, it's just such a crap shoot.  One thing works, another doesn't, then they switch places and the merry-go-round starts up again.

VD, that's why , just imo, I would try adjusting the seroquel.  Lower, lots of room between 100 mgs and 200.  Last time I am saying anything, it's just always worked so well for me.  And it won't begin the merry go round.  Now my mouth is zipped.  :D.  Several people on here won't believe my mouth is zipped  ;):laugh:  good luck!!