• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Th...]

• [Sh...]

• [Ka...]

• [ma...]

Revisiting this post. I remember, very early in my withdrawal, coming to this thread and reassuring myself during bad sleep stretches. I took your advice to never talk about sleep for almost a year, didn't read articles about it, didn't complain when I got poor sleep, etc.. I was grateful for the two or three hour nights. Three years later and I now get about 7-8 hours on average, with occasional 5-6 hour nights (typically from OCD-related stress).

I'm fully healed now and returned to hopefully inspire others with my own recovery. I hope you know how helpful this thread has been for me, and probably countless others. It was my primary inspiration during my withdrawal, as insomnia was my worst symptom. God bless.

Thanks ThEwAy2,

Wonderful info.  I am now tapering & down to .75 mg of klonopin/ night.  Been on it for almost 30 yrs.  I’m 79.

Taking gabapentin 2-300mg on & off.  Know it is not good.  I am grateful I have no health problems other than this dilemma.  Your story is encouraging.  My sleep is crap at this point anyway, so I am stopping gabapentin & will continue with tapering.  Wonder what no sleep will do to someone my age, but not sleeping that much now anyway??  I wonder about the plasticity of a brain at this age, if  GABA receptors can recover even before this body expires….guess I will see….maybe?  All I know for sure is I am stopping klonopin!  5% down every 2 weeks, so should be off in about 8 months.  Somehow, looking at this, it doesn’t look very good with all the lack of sleep I will have at this point in life, but still, I am determined.  Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It does give hope!  I have copied it to my desktop, and read it when I'm not sleeping and down the rabbit hole.

It's amazing how credible information can turn things around.... it's powerfully good information....  thank you thank you.

Hey bud, I never responded to the pm you sent me and I'm so sorry for that, because your message meant a great deal to me. It's literally like I could have written, that's how spot on it was to my situation.

I used to hang around here pretty often, but as my protracted state set in, I started to only come around when I was dealing with the dreaded 0 hour nights, as they tend to send me through a complete panic loop bleh.

I often seek out your posts, because we have a lot of the same symptoms and struggles. Thanks for responding to me during my last 0 hour night. Of course I'm having one now. A night of 4 hours, and then nothing for like...I dunno it's been about 40ish hours. Stomach bloated up like I'm pregnant, horrible gastro symptoms, typical wave.

I do drive myself crazy trying to figure it out. You add something new to your diet. It treats you okay... You eat it again and BAM! insomnia time.

Woof.

Anyways bud, I'll once again say thank you and apologies for my lack of communication. I'll try to be better at that. Your posts always help ground me when I'm cascading in no sleep brain. Thank you for everything you do here for us zombies.