Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

[dr...]

Great post, Sofa. Still at the end of the beginning but great to know about the beginnings of the end too. Thanks

Bancha

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in phase 3.

My symptoms are minimal unless I get stressed out, look at a computer screen, try to drive or go into a store (I think lighting revs me up), exert myself or work, or eat something that sets it off.

But if I sit and do nothing in the dark, no symptoms.

So THREE.

FINALLY.

Hi Meganz, Did I read your signature block correctly?  Fully healed at M41?  Congrats!  That’s so awesome!  I’m at M30 and still miserable AF!  It gives me hope to see that you have made it! 😊

I’m in phase 3.

My symptoms are minimal unless I get stressed out, look at a computer screen, try to drive or go into a store (I think lighting revs me up), exert myself or work, or eat something that sets it off.

So THREE.

FINALLY.

Have you had any windows hopper??  Are all of your symptoms in your signature still present?  Is the baseline better?

Hi Meganz, Did I read your signature block correctly?  Fully healed at M41?  Congrats!  That’s so awesome!  I’m at M30 and still miserable AF!  It gives me hope to see that you have made it! 😊

I’m in phase 3.

So THREE.

FINALLY.

Have you had any windows hopper??  Are all of your symptoms in your signature still present?  Is the baseline better?

Sadly, yes Foe!  Good days and bad days but the sxs are always present. It’s just to what degree of severity.

• 2 months later...

Not sure where I am, 3 perhaps.

I am 6 months free. I go many days now without ever thinking of benzo or withdrawals but then I feel weird, neurotic and hyper for 2/3 days.

Can't really remember what the 4 phases were, but I'm 31 months off little improvement . So guess between 1 and 2. Never had a window but get horrible waves. Starting to think might not fully recover ro be honest.

Phase 3. Hoping to hit 4 by the end of the year but I highly doubt it. The burning has come back after 6 months of it being gone 😫

Phase 3. Hoping to hit 4 by the end of the year but I highly doubt it. The burning has come back after 6 months of it being gone 😫

Burning where?

I have not experienced this.

Burning where?

I have not experienced this.

The burning started about a month after stopping klonopin. Arms ,legs,eyes. It stopped maybe about 6 months ago but recently, for the past 2 days it has started again. I believe it's because I stupidly drank alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am in M26 and in phase 3.  never had issues with internal tremors while tapering. That was a new symptom that showed up about a year ago.

Hang in there everyone, we are making progress!!!!  remember when most of us could could barely type a complete sentence......  :smitten:

I’m definitely in phase 2 being in my 14 1/2 month. I’ve shifted to morning dread and morning waves. Not fun. But I’m noticing sensitivities. So if it was an in between phase that would be me. But I’m having plenty of waves followed by windows. Waves for a couple of hours then windows for a couple then repeat. Big hugs to everyone and happy healing!

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be in phase 3. Part of what makes me nervous about this whole thing and sometimes worry that it is sometbing else is that I seemed to skip phase 1. Or rather, it was mercifully short. Awful, torturous hell. But it stopped after maybe four days then Windows and waves began.

Gradually the windows have got longer and better, and the waves shorter and less murderous

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This info about the 4 phases is pure gold!

Day 26 here, and I am for sure on phase 2.

Since yesterday I have started to notice the windows pattern where I feel normal for some time. Then it gets worse during the day, afternoon is hell, but in the evening it subsides.

Find this bit depressing when haven't really moved past 1, like you Shayna still got same symptoms nearly 32 months off. Don't think they apply to everyone. Physical eased but mental got worse. Plenty bad waves but 1 window of an hour ????

Somedays I think I’m in phase 3 but then other days I feel like it’s phase 2. So somewhere inbetween phase 2 & 3 but hopefully closer to 3.

Hang in there everyone - we will all get there - I know it died t feel like it sometimes but we will

Definitely in Phase 3 and desperately looking for the door to Phase 4!

Anybody in Phase 3 and sensitive to many things but still do OK with Camomile Tea?  I've stayed away for 16 months and would REALLY like to get back on it.  Going to experiment with it in a few days but just wondering how other ppl are with it in the sensitivity stage?

Seriously I feel like I am in all of the first three simultaneously.  Well, two and three, because I think acute ended around month 5-1/2.  I would expect some overlap, but this is ridiculous.  Anyone else unable to distinguish?  Also, I have never understood the concept of baseline.  I read a post yesterday where someone said that baseline is when you don't know if you are in a wave or a window???  Sounds like hell to me.  Isn't baseline supposed to be normal you.

Yes GA there is incredible overlap.  In fact the concept of distinct phases is rather simplistic and aspirational.  It is (at least for me) one long horrible experience during which there are good days vs bad days, and the good days get better over time while the bad days aren't as bad as acute.  So you are not alone in your perception.  It's just nice to try to stick a pin in a location of the journey.

[70...]

Definitely in Phase 3 and desperately looking for the door to Phase 4!

Anybody in Phase 3 and sensitive to many things but still do OK with Camomile Tea?  I've stayed away for 16 months and would REALLY like to get back on it.  Going to experiment with it in a few days but just wondering how other ppl are with it in the sensitivity stage?

Funny you ask, at almost 3 years out I still cant drink Chamomille tea. I can drink caffeine but not Cham for some reason.