Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

[dr...]

Sounds about right Just. If there was a phase between 2-3 I’d be in that. I go back and forth between them. Two steps forward one step back. I wish some of the original posters were still around to provide hope

Sounds about right. Two and a half because I'm having symptoms from Phase 2 and from phase 3. Both at the same time.

Maybe we will jump to the end of phase 4 really soon, that's what I'm hoping.

Phase 1 nearly 2 years no let up from mental symptoms, no light at end of the tunnel anytime soon I fear. Beginning loose hope a bit of recovering after all this time, nothing I try seems help, mental symptoms are the worst😞

• 2 weeks later...
Phase 4.  My acute phase was during the final part of the taper.  When I stopped altogether 8 weeks ago, I had very little reaction.  I have had a couple of very mini manageable waves.  In general, I feel healed and confident and well.

That's awesome Megan, I think you stopped around the same time as me on a forced cold turkey at the hospital like me.

I've been off of mine a little over 17 months and I thought I was healed but then I got hit with a huge wave yesterday and today. Felt like I just got home from the hospital again.

Sometimes I will think I'm in Phase 3 and then phase one again and then possible four and then so on. It's not linear.

I don't know either, people always say that they're sure and that they just know when they're healed. But I've had that happen a few times and thought that I was completely healed only to be the opposite.

Did think I was getting few moments in stage 2 up to few months ago ,but since got slammed with all these restriction back to stage 1 back to where I started.

I don't know either, people always say that they're sure and that they just know when they're healed. But I've had that happen a few times and thought that I was completely healed only to be the opposite.

Yes same here. Thought I was 100% multiple times

I'm in phase 2. As of yesterday started a big wave. Feels almost like acute but not quite. I haven't had a big wave like this in a month. But I definitely have a pattern to my waves and windows. I have short morning dread. Feeling less symptoms until around 4-5pm then they gradually increase into my night wave. My night waves are normally mild to moderate but the one I has last night was as in acute. I've heard that you can feel as if you've healed alot or completely then boom....wave hit you. I'm one week from being 7 months off Ambien. Hopefully in the new year I'll heal more and enter phase 3. I'm looking forward to it. Phase 2 is not pretty!

• 1 month later...
Phase 3 and into phase 4 now.  I am 3 months post benzos.  I seem to have a wave each 3 weeks.  But it is very brief, maybe a few hours.  And while many symptoms can come up, they seem to be less overwhelming.  When in the long windows, I feel really good.  I hold on to that good feeling memory in those little yukky waves. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! It’s been awhile! I have been doing relatively well in the past year. I find that I am sensitive to stress. I think that the stress brought on by this shutdown, mask, vaccine and fear broadcasts have had its toll on how I feel in general. I’m in my sixth year of being benzo free. As Sofa knows, it has been a rollercoaster ride.

A month ago I had a flare up with one of my molars. I went to my dentist and discovered that the molar had a cracked root and I had some infection. After having the molar extracted I had to take antibiotics for a week. I have felt out of it off and on ever since. If I get even the slightest bit upset or stressed I get a panicky feeling going through my body. It’s the best way to explain how I feel. I’m not dizzy but I feel a sense of balance issues.

Just wondered if there is anyone that has had similar experiences. I have been encouraged with feeling more normal, this has all taken me by surprise.

• 1 month later...

I’m in phase 3.

My symptoms are minimal unless I get stressed out, look at a computer screen, try to drive or go into a store (I think lighting revs me up), exert myself or work, or eat something that sets it off.

But if I sit and do nothing in the dark, no symptoms.

So THREE.

FINALLY.

I can't decide whether I am 3 or 4. I am sensitive but not that sensitive and the waves aren't that bad when they rarely do occur. I think I am still a 3 but I can taste 4.

Still in phase 3... have been for at least 1.5 years now. :( Every time I think I'm getting less sensitive to things, it comes back again like crazy. I can drink coffee, exercise, and take supplements with no problems, but the food and blood sugar sensitivity is still super intense, along with stress of course. I will say the one thing that's gotten better lately is the nightmares. I used to have horrific nightmares, but now I just have weird dreams that are kind of neutral (not good or bad).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...