Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

[dr...]

BG,

I hear you, my friend.  Patience has never been my virtue either.  Man, has that changed.  It’s more of a mantra for me.  Still working on the virtue part.

Sofa

Nomo,

As you know, I PM’d you the “manuscript” of all that led me to the gates of hell and what happened when I jumped into the inferno.  Everybody has their own version of the furnace blast.  I just wanted you to know that, in spite of how I come across in writing, hell hath no fury as a benzo scorned and I was not spared the rod.

If suffering on Earth puts us first in line for Heaven, we’ve all got a golden ticket.

Sofa

Friends,

I hope I never overlook any posts.  If I don’t respond to your post, please PM me.  I wouldn’t ignore you.  I didn’t see your post.

Sofa

[41...]
Phase one going into phase two.  Glad to know the Phases exist.  Sad to know that I m only starring in Phase two.  Doing this for the moment... hopefully this old body does it quick.💜✌️

Phase one going into phase two.  Glad to know the Phases exist.  Sad to know that I m only starring in Phase two.  Doing this for the moment... hopefully this old body does it quick.💜✌️

Hi Bnot,

How about adding a signature so that we can see your history? You will get a better response as a result. The four phases are a super guide. Here’s my word of caution: you start 100% in phase 1 but then it gets a bit less clear as you straddle both phase 1 and 2 and so on. Just to add a bit more confusion into the mix, windows can make you think you are further ahead than you are and waves can make you feel that you have slipped backwards. Somehow - and this is so difficult - you have to take a helicopter view of progress, not a day-to day view. At the start this is nigh on impossible because you can be right in the middle of of a hurricane and helicopters get blown out of the sky.

Hi my friends,

I wrote this on the open forum to someone who has given up hope.  Someone who is 24 months out.  Maybe my words will give you a bit of comfort today.

“I really feel badly for people who have lost all hope for ever healing from this.  Where do you go then?  What do you do?  How do you live life without hope?

Hope is all I have to keep me going one more day.  If I felt like you, I would have to make peace with all this torment. 

I have bad news and good news for you.  The bad news is you are only 24 months off.  The good news is you are only 24 months off.

I’m five years off and I’m almost done (I hope).  I certainly feel 180 degrees from the way I felt at 24 months.  I slipped into the rabbit hole of despair many times just like you.  I crawled out and stood up every time.  Nothing I can say will pull you up and out.  You’ve got to pull the strength from your soul.

You have the power within you to keep going.  Hope is a choice we make, not a gift given.

Sofa”

Hi my friends,

I wrote this on the open forum to someone who has given up hope.  Someone who is 24 months out.  Maybe my words will give you a bit of comfort today.

“I really feel badly for people who have lost all hope for ever healing from this.  Where do you go then?  What do you do?  How do you live life without hope?

Hope is all I have to keep me going one more day.  If I felt like you, I would have to make peace with all this torment. 

I have bad news and good news for you.  The bad news is you are only 24 months off.  The good news is you are only 24 months off.

I’m five years off and I’m almost done (I hope).  I certainly feel 180 degrees from the way I felt at 24 months.  I slipped into the rabbit hole of despair many times just like you.  I crawled out and stood up every time.  Nothing I can say will pull you up and out.  You’ve got to pull the strength from your soul.

You have the power within you to keep going.  Hope is a choice we make, not a gift given.

Sofa”

i agree w/Welchie...the part i bolded especially. hope is up to you...and you get it going thru the most seemingly hopeless places. it's kind of ironic.  Bnotafraid...your chosen username tells me that you already are stong within and that courage to go forward despite the fear...is bright. it's the only light you need.

[41...]

Thanks Sofa I m just laying in bed letting myself have today, I really overdid myself yesterday and am paying for it today.  I will be okay.  But for now I m resting, yoga maybe, no noise right now.  Thank you for responding.

B

Congratulations Sofa, no meds for five years. You are a 145-page inspiration to us all. Your love, kindness and devotion have meant and continue to mean so much. Well done and thank-you. G

G,

You have been such a dear friend to me.  I get so much strength from you and the love you show me.  You are handling this process with such grace, even though you don’t feel well some days.  You are always thinking of ways to light the way for others while you grope in your own dimly lit cave sometimes.

What we walk away with, after this journey, is an awareness that the best of human nature is alive and well in many people.  We have first hand knowledge of being touched by selflessness and compassion that exists in this world that sometimes seems so very cold. 

You have soothed me many times, G and Benzogirl.  Your strength becomes my strength.  All the people on this thread have lifted me up so many times in my darkest moments and wiped my tears.  We limp along holding each other up.  Dear God, how amazing this all is.

I am so close to the end of this, I can touch the door.  I got here because I surrounded myself with the people on the Four Phases thread who carried me when I could not walk.  I thank you all from the very bottom of my heart and depths of my soul.  I made it because of all of you.

The Four Phases is real.  It is my journey.  It is your journey.  As Graham always points out, the lines between phases are a bit blurred when you look too closely, but as you pull yourselves up higher, the topography is clearer.  You progress every day, even though you can’t feel it.  You heal every day, even though you see no obvious improvements sometimes.  Healing from this is a testament to our bodies’ innate power to correct what’s wrong and provide us with peace on earth, until we touch down in heaven again. 

The holidays are coming up and they can be tough for many going through this.  I will be here for all of you and you will be here for each other.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself out loud: BELIEVE.

I used to hope.  Now I BELIEVE.

Sofa

Sofa, heartfelt congratulations on 5 years! What a wonderful achievement.... I wish for you peace, happiness, and wellness.

Thank you for your beautiful post, and for everything you do on here.

'Compassion isn't about solutions.

It's about giving all the love that you've got.'

With gratitude,

Wildflower

G,

You have been such a dear friend to me.  I get so much strength from you and the love you show me.  You are handling this process with such grace, even though you don’t feel well some days.  You are always thinking of ways to light the way for others while you grope in your own dimly lit cave sometimes.

What we walk away with, after this journey, is an awareness that the best of human nature is alive and well in many people.  We have first hand knowledge of being touched by selflessness and compassion that exists in this world that sometimes seems so very cold. 

You have soothed me many times, G and Benzogirl.  Your strength becomes my strength.  All the people on this thread have lifted me up so many times in my darkest moments and wiped my tears.  We limp along holding each other up.  Dear God, how amazing this all is.

I am so close to the end of this, I can touch the door.  I got here because I surrounded myself with the people on the Four Phases thread who carried me when I could not walk.  I thank you all from the very bottom of my heart and depths of my soul.  I made it because of all of you.

The Four Phases is real.  It is my journey.  It is your journey.  As Graham always points out, the lines between phases are a bit blurred when you look too closely, but as you pull yourselves up higher, the topography is clearer.  You progress every day, even though you can’t feel it.  You heal every day, even though you see no obvious improvements sometimes.  Healing from this is a testament to our bodies’ innate power to correct what’s wrong and provide us with peace on earth, until we touch down in heaven again. 

The holidays are coming up and they can be tough for many going through this.  I will be here for all of you and you will be here for each other.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself out loud: BELIEVE.

I used to hope.  Now I BELIEVE.

Sofa

Sofa,

You write so beautifully that we cannot be anything but inspired.

G