Medication Induced Setback Support

[Mu...]

Hi everyone, I was an active poster from 2016-2017. I had a hellish experience from taking a month of BZDs but healed after 30 months and I even wrote a success story last year. So after 3.5 years of being healed, a month ago, I experienced a resurgence of my symptoms two weeks after my Covid booster shot. It's been a month and I still have symptoms. I have not taken any antibiotics, nor consume alcohol. It was only paracetamol that I took with the booster. It's been a very rude shock because I was ok from the first two vaccines.

Hi veggiebuddy so sorry to hear you have a resurgence in symptoms. May I ask what they are? Hoping they will pass soon. Are you able to function? Setbacks are so hard. Sending gentle hugs.

Thank you wonder woman, I have muscle twitching, skin burning, insomnia, inability to nap, anxiety and some other weird symptoms like having to pee every hour at night. I am better than 3 weeks ago but this is really discouraging. I haven't seen anyone get setback after being recovered by the Covid vaccine.

Veggiebuddy, I'm so sorry about your setback, these are so tough, but it's great that you are already feeling a little bit of an improvement. You might find more information about those that have had covid vaccines/boosters under ' General health and wellbeing" section here on bb, there are lots of posts on there about covid vaccines. I've seen a couple of people suffer side effects after the booster, but they were all short-lived, I hope yours will be too.

Sending hugs and love, feel better soon  :smitten:

Oh no Veggiebuddy, there's no wrong threads here, we are all in setbacks  here, I just wanted you to have more information about this, I know how lonely this process can be. I'm myself in a severe abx setback, it's been 20 months and I'm still recovering but things are better now. Last year was very scary, I hope you feel better soon, most people recover much, much quicker. Healing thoughts to you!

Thank you so much. I've only been met with kindness here and you're right, there are a few members I found who spoke of setbacks from the vaccine, so I don't feel as lonely now.

Antibiotics is a huge one it seems, and I truly wish for you to see more healing soon. We all need to hang in there and get through this day by day.

Veggie, hi there.  I don't post much either.  Am off benzos but still on about 4 mg Ambien, not that it helps.

Just posting to let you know I was really decimated by covid 1 first shot.  Was back to my original horrid acute state.  Took 6 weeks until I was maybe back to normal, which is being in bad shape but able to take a short walk or go to the store or something.

Vac 2 was better...  chills, aches, sore arm, fatigue (I get this bad).

I am afraid of the booster, but it is not due for another month.

Waited 6 months to get vac 2 as it had been so horrible.

OK, glad you seeing a bit of progress, I think.  You are not alone!

Veggie, hi there.  I don't post much either.  Am off benzos but still on about 4 mg Ambien, not that it helps.

Just posting to let you know I was really decimated by covid 1 first shot.  Was back to my original horrid acute state.  Took 6 weeks until I was maybe back to normal, which is being in bad shape but able to take a short walk or go to the store or something.

Hi Barbara, so sorry to hear that you experienced a setback from the first shot. I hope you can drag out the booster shot as far out as you can. I took the booster once I was eligible, and I think that shocked my system and threw me back. It's been about 6 weeks but I still have symptoms.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I thought it might just be me because I haven't heard much about people getting setback from the vaccines.

• 3 weeks later...

I occasionally receive messages from people who have stumbled across my story and are looking for hope. I remember myself searching these boards until my eyes were sore for any glimpse that I would heal and I could regain some kind of normal life again. I understand why people heal and don't come back. It's triggering no doubt. I mean years of my and my children's life at this point have been held hostage by this mess.

Regardless occasionally I like to come back and offer that ounce of hope, I so desperately needed, for others.

Am I 100% normal again? No.

Am I still in agony every second of everyday? Also no.

I've been back to work for over a year and a half. I live on my own and take care of my two girls and our dog. I am dating an awesome fella. I play video games. I paint. I play music. I live again.

I still have symptoms here and there. My system is still sensitive. I imagine I'll have to be careful the rest of my life and I've had to make peace with that. We heal as much as we can, and then we learn to cope with what's left.

In my case the intensity of what I experience at this point is a million times more tolerable then what I was initially facing in the thick of it. More often than not what things flare up, a good nap or nights rest gets it under control pretty quickly.

I wish I had some answers. All I can say is hold on. Remember in your darkest hours that change is the only constant.  How you feel right now, may not be how you feel in a month or even in 5 mins. Take it 10 seconds at a time if you have to. Reduce your stress as much as possible, and find a support system. Whether it be a friend, or the group, etc. You are not alone. You are not crazy. You are healing from a traumatic event. You can do it.

Does that mean you recovered from the anhedonia caused by your set back? Thank you for this reply. I am in a group with people who had anhedonia as an adverse reaction from medication and are looking for hope.

• 3 weeks later...
I had covid over Thanksgiving into December. Then I got another mild virus at Christmas into January. Afterwards, my symptoms got really bad, really, really bad, and I wasn’t even doing well before. Can anyone tell me how long this could last?

for the covid and shots ppl:

Covid had me laid out for over 5 weeks and then I slowly returned to my previous baseline. Months later got the 2 shots vax...the second shot did me in and took me two months to recover from fully but i was semi functioning by week 3. Ou systems are super fragile - the inflammation from our immune system doing its job is a lot on our bodies.

I'm currently in a setback from dental meds, it super sucks. I'm so tired of this. I'll be 2 months post jump in March. Sad thing is once I recover from this I have to do it all over again to get a extraction done.

Hey Trina. Sorry to hear all that. It seems we can’t just steer clear of everything that is so detrimental to us. Covid has had me all revved up for a couple months so far. I need some dental work too and have been putting it off. What meds did you react to?

Carbocaine and epinephrine. I felt it go bad with the carbocaine but tried to go ahead with the work but I felt pain - so I stupidly okayed the epinephrine and thats when it went bad. So many other ppl on here are fine with just the carbocaine. I' m med sensitive to everything. I feel like I'm in acute again.

This is worse then when I had the vaccine or covid.

Anybody out there that can reassure me I'm going to be ok?.... bc its pretty dark for me today.

I am on Nitrofurantoin Monohyd Macro. It is for a UTI. The first poster mentioned she was on it.

I have a few days to go.

Just trying to get through the wave.

It sucks. Destabilized. better than Cipro though (a flox)

Trina, would you mind PMing me more about your carbocaine reaction? I’ve been needing a root canal since last April and have kept putting it off over fear of med reactions. i would need carbocaine. I too am sensitive to everything now and can’t take anything.

Hello everyone,

last week i got a minor surgery done and i was put on general anesthesia. As well as that I had to take Antibiotics (Augmentine) for 5 days and I feel like a big wave has hit me in the face. I would really appreciate the support

Tomorrow marks my 11 month post jump date🥺 I don't know if my body will be able to bare this a whole other year.😞

It has been a year since my antibiotic setback and just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting to get better. I can't believe it has taken this long and set me back as far and as much as it has but here I am.

It was an acute setback with a lot of the same old ghosts like DP/DR, SI, depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, nightmares, horrific sleep and the like. What I have noticed is that with each setback, I seem to pick up more symptoms I didn't have before like worse physical illness/malaise and dizziness. It sucks but that's where things have landed for now. The first 5 months were the absolute worse and I came super close to calling it quits which was terrifying to be at that point but I'm glad I didn't because I started turning small corners the following month.

I had to quit my job when the setback occurred and still don't feel well enough to work but I'm hoping to by the end of the summer. Recovery has it's own timeframe though so we'll see what actually happens.  :smitten:

It has been a year since my antibiotic setback and just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting to get better. I can't believe it has taken this long and set me back as far and as much as it has but here I am.

It was an acute setback with a lot of the same old ghosts like DP/DR, SI, depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, nightmares, horrific sleep and the like. What I have noticed is that with each setback, I seem to pick up more symptoms I didn't have before like worse physical illness/malaise and dizziness. It sucks but that's where things have landed for now. The first 5 months were the absolute worse and I came super close to calling it quits which was terrifying to be at that point but I'm glad I didn't because I started turning small corners the following month.

I had to quit my job when the setback occurred and still don't feel well enough to work but I'm hoping to by the end of the summer. Recovery has it's own timeframe though so we'll see what actually happens.  :smitten:

Thank you for reporting back. I am so happy to hear it. :smitten:

Did you by chance get anhedonia from your setback?

I've had that on and off this whole time but it did get worse after the setback. It's starting to break up a bit so don't lose hope and I won't either!

I've had that on and off this whole time but it did get worse after the setback. It's starting to break up a bit so don't lose hope and I won't either!

Thank you. I got complete anhedonia after mine.

Don't know if its related but finally my erectile dysfunction made a turn for the better and for weeks it was great. Then I tried zinc citrate 30 mg magnesium bisglycinate 240 mg just for a day and I felt like crap for a day and boom, my erectile dysfunction is back.

ThatOneGirlStitch, I too have total Anhedonia. I was getting windows from it finally in my first recovery at about 14 months off, then I got floxed at 20 months off in 2018 and the windows stopped for me. I would do much better with everything if this Anhedonia would go and open up positive feelings again. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone. I’ve heard often it’s the last thing to go since the brain is burned out/tired after being so sensitized, and I still have miles to go before it’s the last thing left for me. I have lots of big symptoms still.