I Got My Life Back – Thank God!

[Th...]

I’ve always loved your success story and we spoke a long while back as I did the Coleman Institute detox as well. You did do much better then me as I am 46 months off and in a bad setback worse then the beginning wondering if I will heal or should look into other avenues to get my life back… meds, stem cells… I don’t know. Thank you again for sticking around. My hope is basically non existent now.

Thanks for the kind words...  :thumbsup:

So sorry for your late setback....how were you doing before the setback?  How long has the setback lasted?

Anything but a Benzo is worth a try IMO....

Hoping and praying for relief for you soon!

Thanks for the kind words...  :thumbsup:

So sorry for your late setback....how were you doing before the setback?  How long has the setback lasted?

Anything but a Benzo is worth a try IMO....

Hoping and praying for relief for you soon!

Not great by far but this is a whole other demon and horrible. It began in January and has just gotten worse and worse and changed and morphed and is awful. I am so over all of it yet am so sensitive I don’t know what to do to get my life back for our son and for me.

I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and make everything disappear...

I'm at a loss for words...trying other avenues is definitely worth a try...at least what you can afford or insurance will cover?

Take care...

I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and make everything disappear...

I'm at a loss for words...trying other avenues is definitely worth a try...at least what you can afford or insurance will cover?

Take care...

We don’t even know what to do is the problem. Feels totally hopeless right now.

Maybe start with a functional or NP doctor?  I went to one for awhile and it was expensive, but I believe it helped out more than the Coleman Flumazenil treatment did?

Please read my success story. Trust me everyone; you WILL get over this benzo crap. Just takes much longer than you think.

Protracted Success story - 95% Healed after 26 Months - Got My Life Back

Took Ativan for 4 months. Between .5mg and 1mg per day. Took 26 months after fully stopping Ativan to get better.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=268230.0

Here are some quotes that really helped me out:

"Nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems"

"Crap happens in live, just need to deal with it"

"Bad times will pass, just takes some time"

Thanks Suferdude.

I totally agree that given enough time everyone will recover; maybe it won't be to 100%, but it is always some percentage and in my experience, most make it to 80% or higher.

Good luck

Maybe start with a functional or NP doctor?  I went to one for awhile and it was expensive, but I believe it helped out more than the Coleman Flumazenil treatment did?

I’ve seen 3 in 2 years and been with one for a year… the supplement sensitivities make it ten times worse. I truly think that detox permanently damaged me and I wish we could sue him. I’ve lost 46 months of my life and our son has lost 46 months of memories with his mother and I paid $10,000 for that!

• 2 weeks later...
61 months out of rehab and still nowhere near 100%.  Do I feel better than I did when I got home from rehab?  Yes, but I'm still not able to drive or go anywhere of significant distance without panic, I feel disabled at this point.  I think most people heal but I may be one of the few who will be stuck like this forever.  I turned 53 today and feeling hopeless. 

• 1 month later...
This is so reassuring and what I needed to hear today.  It will get better.  It’s the mantra of my life right now.  Thank you for your success story. 

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. After reading your journey my will power has become more strong. Though I didn't quit cold turkey but I have decided I will get out of this Benzo or Zolpiedm thing. I want my natural life back. I will also don't take any herbal or other supplements. On 17th October, 2022 I will stop Quetiapine for sleep and then I will live without any sleep aid. Thanks allot my dear buddies for motivation and encouragement in this difficult journey. I am a case of medical negligence.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, theway2 im sorry to comment on your post like this but there are a few stuff id like to ask you and your pm option is not available!

Thank you for this post.  This has helped me.  Well written, and congratulations to you!!  I am 6 months into recovery, Xanax 2mg for 2.5 years. Recently my new symptom that scared me is eye flashes of quick "(" shaped flashes of lights in the pitch dark when moving eyes to the side.  I had my eyes checked and there are no issues.  I see others here have this as well.  But this one has made me a little unsettled with my process.  Thinking what is next, all the negative thoughts that come with the territory.  Sometimes more recently rushes of anxiety, tinnitus, muscle twitches.  I don't have any sleep issues, never had, thank God.  This is scary and at times I do feel like I can't live like this forever, maybe I should just go back on Xanax forever and not have to deal with this hell.  I believe I have been strong; I went through the loss of my baby girl (dog) of 16 years 3 months ago which has been more brutal than most can imagine, just like my kid, getting on a plane, I am so terrified of flying.  I had my Xanax with me during the flights and never touched them.  I am sure I will throw my bottle in the trash one day since I went through that with the will not to take one.  Anyways, thank you again for your post, it has given me hope that this will end. 

• 2 months later...

bump.

ThEwAy, what a great story.  I've read it a couple times.  Is it still up to date?  No further setbacks? Sleep still good?

There is a confusing typo on paragraph 5 line 6:

“ ... or any other sleep hygiene method, They work at all for Benzo-induced”

should say

“ ... or any other sleep hygiene method, they do not work at all for Benzo-induced”

I'm not the grammar police, but wanted you to know since it is such a hopeful story that I'm sure many people find helpful. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It will be 7 years (on August 5, 2023) that I jumped cold turkey at my doctor's recommendation. (Cold Turkey's are not recommended) 

I am going to be 60 in October and I am actually doing better now (both physically and mentally) than at any point in my life.  I completely healed and recovered from Benzos after about 24 months.  I still get an off night of sleep here and there, but my sleep is typically 6-8 hours per night, albeit, it is sometimes broken.

I retired from an IT director job at a public school district in December of 2022.  I am going back to work in the fall (2023) as an IT director and computer teacher for a private, parochial school.

There is hope, there is healing.  You can get your life back just like I did.  Time and God are the only healers I know.  Let time (tick tock) do it's thing and one day you'll cross the finish line too.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Theway 

I work for the parochial schools. Glad to see you here and read this update as your posts have carried me through some very rough days when I was in this thick of it. 

kanoba

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...