Name a Movie You Like & Why

[Rx...]

Just thought of another one.  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button starring Brad Pitt.  Very imaginative story.  Not a dull moment.

I just watched that one. Great! Also Regarding Henry. Makes you think about lawyers.......

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Rx...]

• [az...]

• [Je...]

Top Posters In This Topic

The Count of Monte Cristo, early 200’s version.

It’s on betrayal and revenge, and the predicament of forgiveness (and so judgement and pride) it’s a classic story, it’s well-enough done visually for the time and finally it has a mood.

With Jim Caviezel.  Yes, saw that.  Bloody good one.  Woah, messed with the wrong guy.

🌺👍🍉🦉

Yes, indeed it is.

'The Shawshank Redemption'

I liked this because there was justice in the end.

Another really good one I saw too.

"A Beautiful Mind" with Russell Crowe.

It is based on the real life of the Schizophrenic person, mathematician John Nash. As my brother is schizophrenic (and missing for many years now) I've dealt with this first hand.  The character that Russell Crowe portrays achieves the ability to distinguish reality from non-reality...  No easy feat for a schizophrenic. The music is incredible, and the portrayal of the schizophrenic mind so right on IMO. The ending is great, and in the middle there is a real shocker (nothing violent) that really helps one understand what hallucinating is... from the schizophrenics point of view.

It is based on the real life of the Schizophrenic person, mathematician John Nash. As my brother is schizophrenic (and missing for many years now) I've dealt with this first hand.  The character that Russell Crowe portrays achieves the ability to distinguish reality from non-reality...  No easy feat for a schizophrenic. The music is incredible, and the portrayal of the schizophrenic mind so right on IMO. The ending is great, and in the middle there is a real shocker (nothing violent) that really helps one understand what hallucinating is... from the schizophrenics point of view.

Saw that one too.  Very well done movie.  I can only imagine the intense suffering related to schizophrenia.  :-[

Saw that one too.  Very well done movie.  I can only imagine the intense suffering related to schizophrenia.  :-[

Yes... but most of the suffering seemed to be my Mother's and Dad's. My brother would have delusions of grandeur... think he was a part of some important plan... a specific mission. He even thought he was Jesus Christ. We can only pray he's OK wherever he is... and still alive. Off meds he was full of life and purpose (in his mind). On meds he felt drugged and sluggish, and lost the thrill of his delusions.

Dumb and dumber because it's so funny😂 it isn't the serious movies most of you guys listed but it is funny. It's one you can watch and not really have to think much about it.

So cool , yes.  Thank heaven’s for individual taste.  😗❤️ 

I like that one too. Good reasons Sadpepe.

So cool , yes.  Thank heaven’s for individual taste.  😗❤️ 

I like that one too. Good reasons Sadpepe.

I love Tommyboy and Super Troopers and Wayne’s World also. The Office.

Office space😂 you're not wearing enough flair. I've decided to quit my job. How are you going to pay your bills.... I'm not🤷‍♀️😂

• 4 weeks later...
I just watched Annihilation, the visuals were beautiful and disturbing. Definitely don’t suggest it to anyone having difficulty watching horror movies.

• 1 month later...
Watched quite a good one - ‘Calibre’ - on Netflix last week.  Not the greatest of endings I have to admit though.

• 4 weeks later...
Chappaquiddick.  I like history.  I would not recommend watching this unless you are in a window, however.  The drowning scene, for instance, may be very triggering.

• 3 weeks later...