• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Rx...]

• [az...]

• [Je...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the thank you will do. No you are not conceited but I know of people here who are! I just so you post and made a reply. TY for that. :smitten: :smitten: I do like your online name. Mine is just so boring but thought for sure someone else would have picked it out first. Guess nobody is as stupid as me. You should have seen me when I first joined. I should have used an online name like this: TOTALLYOUTOFTOUCH. :laugh:

Can't we just agree that we're all great? lol

You gals are so sweet I'm getting a cavity!!  :smitten:

I'm reading your blog, BG, I just don't know what to add to the conversation. But it's always fun keeping up with you, wherever you turn up! Need a couple of b12 and espresso shots!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/00/29/b5002950dbafefff24c75a445d6211c8.jpg

Yojimbo

Because Toshiro Mifune was the Japanese Clint Eastwood.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c2/93/53/c29353467487feb293b8a67ad2675158.jpg

Hey shook:

You can just reply to my blog because you felt I was in need of psychiatric care. Long term, that is..........OK, back to on topic.......

I'll stick right now with that great old flix, The Graduate. For the mere reason that Hoffman was so damned cut.  Anne Bancroft I would like to kill.

I also very much like the Simon & Garfunkel tunes.

Here's a Dustin Hoffman interview about that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZ50ut7mjQ

OMG Shook, you avatar!!! Awesome! :clap: Do you look like that in real life?

One of my favorite films is Amélie, a 2001 French romantic comedy film that tells the story of a shy waitress, played by Audrey Tautou, who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own isolation. So cute! The film was selected by The New York Times as one of "The Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made".

Love you all!  :smitten:

"An Unreal Dream:  The Michael Morton Story"

What this poor man went through, my gosh.  Horrific injustice exposed in this movie (a true story documentary film).  A must see. 

"Groundhog Day"  not only a hilarious comedy but with a deeper message of accepting your circumstances, working hard to create positive changes and making yourself a better person.  Aren't we all trying to do that here on the forum?  And, hey, I love Bill Murray.

XX

She

I love Bill Murray too.

My favorite movie is Lost In Translation. I really liked the interaction between Scarlet Johansen and Bill and watching the relationship develop between them. The music and visuals were great too. I wonder what he said to her at the end of the movie.

Becky  :smitten:

The Lady in the Van.

If you like Maggie Smith, this is a must see on your to do list. She is very funny in a curmudgeon way, but it also is sad because of normally gifted people who became homeless because they were wrecked by the system/others. It was also interesting because it is a true story and the actual person she interacted with wrote the book and is in the movie himself. She also starred in an English stage performance by the same name.

Yes I saw this too and I thought it was a great movie - very very watchable and Maggie Smith is brilliant in everything she has ever done.

The Lady in the Van.

If you like Maggie Smith, this is a must see on your to do list. She is very funny in a curmudgeon way, but it also is sad because of normally gifted people who became homeless because they were wrecked by the system/others. It was also interesting because it is a true story and the actual person she interacted with wrote the book and is in the movie himself. She also starred in an English stage performance by the same name.

Yes I saw this too and I thought it was a great movie - very very watchable and Maggie Smith is brilliant in everything she has ever done.

Yes both her and Judi Densch. They are good pals.

Girl Interrupted- 

This film reminded me of what many here have gone through, except I am a child of the 90s not the 60s, and you know what they say about the 90s? "The 90s made the 60s look like the 50s" lol....

Anyhow, great  film...

"An Unreal Dream:  The Michael Morton Story"

What this poor man went through, my gosh.  Horrific injustice exposed in this movie (a true story documentary film).  A must see.

I saw that one.  It was great.  I want to watch it again, because it was a long time ago that I saw it.

• 3 weeks later...
"The Omega Man" - This is a chilling apocalyptic 1970's sci-fi piece starring my favorite actor, Charlton Heston.  "I am Legend" starring Will Smith was a remake of this movie.  I like it because it stars Heston and also because it projects an eeriness that only 1970s films could.