Who's Healing??? "No Benzos"

[To...]

I’ve made it to the gym 5 straight days and did a second workout (CrossFit) the past two... my legs are in pain and some of the symptoms are coming/going but I know I’m healing!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [To...]

• [Ca...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

T1D how long were you on the Zoloft for? I almost think that ssri make wd worse for some. I too reinstated Zoloft for 4 days and was sure it was going to take me out.

I was on a total of 7 weeks...I worked up to 75mg.

During this time I was completely consumed with anger/rage for 24 hour periods, and also crying fits, and the worst sudden depression I’d ever got. Out of the blue I just didn’t see the point in anything as I thought everyone is going to die anyway. It scared the hell out of me.

I found it very odd as I’d been on Zoloft before, and didn’t have those reactions (I hardly could react at all as it basically numbed me, but did make my anxiety vanish). As I look back, I wonder if that reaction was WD from intermittent Ativan.

How are you fairing so far?

I look back with the same question. Either wd or they changed the formula for zoloft. Even on zoloft I was never 100%, but I was much better than I am now.

I can't get rid of pressure in my back, head and throat...my right foot jumps all day long, it just won't stop. My sleep is better and I don't see too many random things anymore. I ended up in a psych ward for 2 days thanks to the local ER - so there's that. That was interesting seeing how everyone in there was homeless and just wanted a warm bed. The rest were kids over 18 who just really wanted few days away from their family. I can't reread what I just wrote to make sure it's grammatically correct because it makes me dizzy and my head feels like it's going to explode. Omg. Glad you're feeling better!!! Gives the rest of us hope :)

I'm almost three months off my 2 and 1/2 years of benzodiazepine use and abuse (my peak usage being 10-15mg+ of Etizolam daily for  over 6 months). My constant anxiety and intrusive thoughts have decreased. Just last month those symptoms were nonstop and unbearable. I have also been tapering off gabapentin in the mean time. I still experience a lot of illusions and mild hallucinations though along with some memory issues. My memory has slowly been getting better though.

Just got done with the dreaded month 5-8 hump I can safely say that was a Freddy Krueger movie. Month 9.5 right now and Improving every week.

[52...]

Just got done with the dreaded month 5-8 hump I can safely say that was a Freddy Krueger movie. Month 9.5 right now and Improving every week.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Are you still seeing improvements Beans? I just started month 6 and I’m all over the place. Looking for some hope

It might take a couple months but you'll get there. You're not that far from turning the corner just stay the course.. Yes I'm definitely healing at 10 months with major turn around the beginning of month 9. It just happens dude.

I really like this thread as it is so positive, for most people here it seems like this is a place where you can have a progress success story prior to a full blown success story.

I am 7.5 months off of K and just lately started to feel some joy in life, still have tinnitus, morning anxiety and sleep is hopping around 5 to 6 hrs per night, a day here and there I can fall back into the doom and gloom stage.  I really am expecting to have a good 2018.

2trusting

I really like this thread as it is so positive, for most people here it seems like this is a place where you can have a progress success story prior to a full blown success story.

I am 7.5 months off of K and just lately started to feel some joy in life, still have tinnitus, morning anxiety and sleep is hopping around 5 to 6 hrs per night, a day here and there I can fall back into the doom and gloom stage.  I really am expecting to have a good 2018.

2trusting

Great to hear 2t. I’m happy for you. 👍

Great stuff guys... I think it’s important we have an account of running healing even though we know we’ll get hit by waves... we’ll weather them and keep coming back stronger until WEEeEe GONEEEEe from here!!!

It's amazing how we can go from feeling miserable to better to miserable so fast. It doesn't make any sense.

That happen to you Cali? Shits crazy

All day, everyday -

Although I can't say I ever feel GOOD. It like bad to worse to bad. And NO ONE believes me. My flu like symptoms are coming on right now. Why?! How's today treating you TD? Anyone having a good day?

It’s wild. I actually went to the ER last night. My family has come down with some cold and it was so bad I thought I was dying...

I asked the nurse if he or anyone was familiar with benzo WD and he said “yea, it should be over in a few days” ...hahahaha, a few days?? WTF???. Anyways, all test came back fine and I didn’t die.

I feel okay this morning, and I actually felt good when I got home from the ER. So I went from “this can’t be WD, I’m dying” to “I feel pretty good, maybe I’ll Be healed tomorrow when I wake up?”

Wild stuff.

Yesterday I went on a 5 mile walk and was half way through and going at a pretty good pace when I noticed that my muscle and joint aches and pains were at about 25% of normal, well normal for the last year in benzo withdrawal, I was feeling really good.

Things do just happen when in benzo withdrawal, this morning although I have some anxiety I still feel better than normal.

2trusting

Keep it moving, great stuff guys! I made it out to the gym today and hoping to string together a couple days. Usually shoot around on basketball court then about 30 min on elliptical before sauna. I’m not sure if sweating actually helps but makes me think of detox.

Keep it moving, great stuff guys! I made it out to the gym today and hoping to string together a couple days. Usually shoot around on basketball court then about 30 min on elliptical before sauna. I’m not sure if sweating actually helps but makes me think of detox.

Badass tommy!! What you're doing is totally accelerating healing you know. As for myself I did some some crunches, pushups and curls which is pretty good because of my bad back. But I've been doing yoga lately which gives me relief for the rest of the day. As long as I get some yoga in I can do a little weightlifting. F#%∆ yeah!!