• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh i am bedridden today... no energy lying here.  2 days ago severe neck cramp.  has eaased some but how i going to get up and eat ven?

dr. said not to taper while this eevere of symptom but i don'tknow.  nothing seems to help.  i am low but maybe nevr get off.... sorry i  am so depressed.

ugh i am bedridden today... no energy lying here.  2 days ago severe neck cramp.  has eaased some but how i going to get up and eat ven?

dr. said not to taper while this eevere of symptom but i don'tknow.  nothing seems to help.  i am low but maybe nevr get off.... sorry i  am so depressed.

I'm so sorry, hun.  I don't have any experience except with Xanax.  I do remember being bedridden for such a long time, though.  Try a heating pad on your neck.  If you can.. try sitting in a chair instead for a while.  It'll ease the pressure on your neck.

Hope you feel better soon, lovie.

Libs

Thanks, Libs.

You are right if I lie flat on back, no pillow, am ok.

Or straight up on a chair.

Wonder why that is?  It is whatever muscles are on side of neck going back to shoulder...  I am not an anatomy expert!

Anyone this group taking CBD? Is  it helping you ?

I can't use it, but my husband does on his hip pain.  He gets quite a bit of relief.  Quite a few others use it on here.  Mary ......of course keeping in mind everyone is different.  :)

I take it and it helps a great deal with pain. I use it on its own during the day and combine it with some THC indica to help me sleep at night.

Having said that, however, I did not get any relief from the CBD/hemp oil sold over the internet. The CBD is too low-quality and the % is also too low. IMO. (The oil made me ill, also). I now buy CBD marijuana flower bud from my dispensary and make my own tincture. That way I know what I'm getting.

Katz

I take it and it helps a great deal with pain. I use it on its own during the day and combine it with some THC indica to help me sleep at night.

Having said that, however, I did not get any relief from the CBD/hemp oil sold over the internet. The CBD is too low-quality and the % is also too low. IMO. (The oil made me ill, also). I now buy CBD marijuana flower bud from my dispensary and make my own tincture. That way I know what I'm getting.

Katz

Yep.. there is a lot of quality problems with hemp CBD sold on the internet.  These guys were the original ones and I hear very good things about them.  But.. they are wicked expensive, IMO.

https://www.charlottesweb.com/

I'm growing my own and will do like you are Katz.  I live in a MM state but our dispensaries won't be open until some time in the spring.

Yeah, next spring I'm looking forward to growing my own. Libble, is there anyplace you would recommend for seeds? Or do you buy clones from your local dispensary? I would sure like to get my hands on some Cannatonic seeds/plants. It's impossible to find that flower bud around here.

Cheers!

:smitten:

Katz

Yeah, next spring I'm looking forward to growing my own. Libble, is there anyplace you would recommend for seeds? Or do you buy clones from your local dispensary? I would sure like to get my hands on some Cannatonic seeds/plants. It's impossible to find that flower bud around here.

Cheers!

:smitten:

Katz

Our dispensaries won't be open until next spring.  I ordered my seeds from Dr. Seeds out of Canada and Europe.  I wanted a particular percentage of 40THC/60 CBD and the quickest time to flower.  I ended up with a strain called 24k.  So far, she's a hardy little thing.  Feminized seeds, too.  Just transplanted the babies to their 5 gal pots today.  I'm still about six weeks to eight weeks out, though.. so they might have been a bit off on time to flower.  We'll see.  https://drseeds.net/

Libs

Thanks for the tip, Libs. I've heard of 24K -- that sounds perfect. I'm going to order seeds right now. Do you have a greenhouse?

Thanks!

Katz

Thanks for the tip, Libs. I've heard of 24K -- that sounds perfect. I'm going to order seeds right now. Do you have a greenhouse?

Thanks!

Katz

yes but I rarely use the greenhouse these days.  Too hot in summer and not hot enough in winter.  The law here says I have to grow inside a lockable building or room in my house, anyway.  I built a grow room using a grow tent in my laundry room.  2 600 watt LED lights.  About 750 total for equipment.  Well worth it to me because I'll bet when the dispensaries open in the spring that they will be wicked expensive.  Plus, I know exactly what went into the growing of my herb.  No chemical fertilizers or pesticides.

Libs

[7b...]

Hello,

I am sure I am experience acute tolerance withdrawal symptoms. What do I do?

Thank you!

Have you been experiencing symptoms all the while you were tapering and then still experiencing them until now? If so, they could be simple withdrawal symptoms.

If they are withdrawal symptoms from your taper, then I would hold. I think you know the Long Hold support group. Valley is a very sensible member there who was helped by a long hold.

If you decide you are having tolerance symptoms (I don't like the term tolerance withdrawal because you are not withdrawing), meaning you have habituate to your dose and now feels ike you need more, then you have to decide if you want to go ahead with your taper. I have seen members do that and get better after they tapered off. But I would be careful not to rush the taper.

I have been sick with symptoms for a few months and everyone has attributed it to thyroid problems. I know it is Klonopin use for so many years. Feeling horrible.  Don’t want to dose up, but I think I may have to in order to stabilize.  Symptoms:  adreneline surges/panic like feelings, numbness/tingling, only sleeping with help of Ambien (4 months).  Have talked with a psy.to help with taper, but he thinks

I need to stabilize first.  How do I do that??

edit: formatting

[7b...]

Lookin, when you use the quote function, be sure you start typing after the very last word which will be /quote. Otherwise your words will go into the previous person's quotation.

. Thanks for the tech help. Do you hav any ideas about what I should do? 

edit: formatting, my fault this time for putting html into my post

[7b...]

Hello,

Thank you!

Have you been experiencing symptoms all the while you were tapering and then still experiencing them until now? If so, they could be simple withdrawal symptoms.

If they are withdrawal symptoms from your taper, then I would hold. I think you know the Long Hold support group. Valley is a very sensible member there who was helped by a long hold.

If you decide you are having tolerance symptoms (I don't like the term tolerance withdrawal because you are not withdrawing), meaning you have habituate to your dose and now feels ike you need more, then you have to decide if you want to go ahead with your taper. I have seen members do that and get better after they tapered off. But I would be careful not to rush the taper.

I have been sick with symptoms for a few months and everyone has attributed it to thyroid problems. I know it is Klonopin use for so many years. Feeling horrible.  Don’t want to dose up, but I think I may have to in order to stabilize.  Symptoms:  adreneline surges/panic like feelings, numbness/tingling, only sleeping with help of Ambien (4 months).  Have talked with a psy.to help with taper, but he thinks

Yup, I was still typing.

I see from your signature that you tapered 2 other meds this summer. You could still be experiencing symptoms from those tapers. In which case, your psychiatrist is right, you need to stabilize.

You have 2 choices, do a long hold or do an updose and then a hold. I remember Valley on Long Hold discussing these two options. I think he would be a good one to ask.

Hello,

Thank you!

Yup, I was still typing.

I see from your signature that you tapered 2 other meds this summer. You could still be experiencing symptoms from those tapers. In which case, your psychiatrist is right, you need to stabilize.

You have 2 choices, do a long hold or do an updose and then a hold. I remember Valley on Long Hold discussing these two options. I think he would be a good one to ask.

Thank you.  I will contact Valley.  Thanks for your opinion too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from Southern Star

"I asked my neurologist who is very benzo wise  about this waves /windows pattern and he said that it's just conjecture that waves are the healing process, his opinion is that we are healing all the time, by healing he means growing new gaba receptors and rebalancing other neurotransmitters. He says what causes waves is excess glutamate that trickles out of the cells or comes in a storm (dependent on where we are in wd)    due to the injury from  bwd. Glutamate release is the normal response to any brain injury and in people who have normal gaba receptors gaba is utilised to put the brakes on it. With bwd our receptors aren't able to utilise enough gaba to do this job, they just do their best but it's not enough. After a while they are able mop up some of the extra cellular glutamate and we get a "window" but because we're still brain injured glutamate keeps trickling out until there is enough to bring on the sxs (a wave).

He believes that we are injured twice, the first injury is when we take the benzo and the second is when we stop. He says the point of tapering slowly is to reduce the amount of glutamate released because it's this glutamate that causes further damage. I'm not sure I've explained this as well as he did !!

Please note this is just me repeating what my health professional told me. It is not to be taken as anything other than that. I have no scientific research to back it up, it was purely a conversation..

[6d...]
Having just had a stroke from bwd I'll be a long time healing from the damage done by the glutamate storms its caused. I think i should hv asked him how do we repair the damage. I know there is some med that helps but don't know what it is and I'm too scared to take anything anyway. x

Having just had a stroke from bwd I'll be a long time healing from the damage done by the glutamate storms its caused. I think i should hv asked him how do we repair the damage. I know there is some med that helps but don't know what it is and I'm too scared to take anything anyway. x

I understand SS, but if there is one, I would be very tempted  :(